Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Thanks
    I ended up re-watching this epi, so my thanks to you as well
    I love the first scene, plus this one's actually funny
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      Just finished reading it, lovely!! If only Sam had approached Jack before Kerry entered the scene.
      I liked Kerry. She knocked some sense into Jack. I think she and Sam could be friends. There's a great new fic by Sally Reeve in which she and Sam are friends.

I'm also wondering how the "Discussion" Thread got turned into the "Appreciation" Thread. All of these chats should really be over on the Appreciation Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I liked Kerry. She knocked some sense into Jack. I think she and Sam could be friends. There's a great new fic by Sally Reeve in which she and Sam are friends.

I'm also wondering how the "Discussion" Thread got turned into the "Appreciation" Thread. All of these chats should really be over on the Appreciation Thread.
        I guess the appreciation is so great, it cannot be contained
        sigpic

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't know what the difference between the two threads should be! Surely two sides of the same coin?
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't know what the difference between the two threads should be! Surely two sides of the same coin?
            Well, the "Discussion" Thread has been turned into a thread for discussion of the various episodes. There's been a list of each of the seasons with all the episodes listed, and people can sign up to do a review of their episode, and then others can discuss it. Then they move on to the next episode. I think we're up to Season 5 or thereabouts. The "Appreciation" thread was always reserved for all the other general comments anyone wanted to make, which occasionally wandered into the discussion thread when people started talking about some particular bits of an episode.

Besides, the Appreciation thread has survived into a 2.0 version of the first thread, and if we stray away from that thread, we may never reach a 3.0 thread for it.

If we abandon one of them, then we might as well close the other one.

Comment

Well, the "Discussion" Thread has been turned into a thread for discussion of the various episodes. There's been a list of each of the seasons with all the episodes listed, and people can sign up to do a review of their episode, and then others can discuss it. Then they move on to the next episode. I think we're up to Season 5 or thereabouts. The "Appreciation" thread was always reserved for all the other general comments anyone wanted to make, which occasionally wandered into the discussion thread when people started talking about some particular bits of an episode.

Besides, the Appreciation thread has survived into a 2.0 version of the first thread, and if we stray away from that thread, we may never reach a 3.0 thread for it.

If we abandon one of them, then we might as well close the other one.
              I post in both usually although I'm not sure I tend to stick to the above rules :s oops!
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I post in both usually although I'm not sure I tend to stick to the above rules :s oops!
                Nothing to "ooops" about. It isn't exactly a rule. This one seems to have gotten away from the discussion of episodes recently. Hlndncr has tried to get it reactivated, but it doesn't seem to be working. She also suggested getting the mods to merge this thread with the Appreciation thread so that it's all in one, which might be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  I'm willing to organize Secret Santa this year. Assuming there are enough people who want to participate.

So, anyone who wants to participate in Secret Santa please copy this and add one, so I can see if there are enough folks this year:

Participants for Secret Santa: 2

For those unfamiliar with Secret Santa:
                  Secret Santa is a shippy event taking place prior to Christmas; people can 'sign up' (PM me with your email address) until November 17th, after which I'll assign everyone a person for whom they have to make something shippy. All the participants will be asked to fill out and post a questionnaire in this thread, so their Secret Santa can see what their preferences are; Secret Santas can make vids, art or fic(let)s for their giftee.

Since I know how much time it can take to create a gift, everything has to be submitted by Friday December 19th (via email). Then I'll collect all the gifts and send the correct ones to your giftee over the weekend, and reveal who their Secret Santa was. Later, you can share your creation/gift online, after your giftee has had time to enjoy it.

I hope that's a good enough explanation...
                  If you're interested, please click on the blue >> button in the quote to get redirected to the appreciation thread so you can let everyone know you're in. Also, don't forget to PM me your email address.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Can I ask some of my more observant fellow shippers, the music that plays during entity and divide and conquer shippy bits. Is that a sam and jack theme? Does it only play during the s/j romantic/ ust bits or is it used in other places?

Comment

I think it is a Sam/Jack theme.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
                        Can I ask some of my more observant fellow shippers, the music that plays during entity and divide and conquer shippy bits. Is that a sam and jack theme? Does it only play during the s/j romantic/ ust bits or is it used in other places?
                        It's been identified or claimed as the Sam and Jack theme. However, bits of it have been used in other instances. I seem to recall one time in a scene with Elizabeth Weir and her boyfriend, Simon, a bit of that theme was played. And in "Exodus", in the scene between Jack and Daniel when they were discussing the possibility that Teal'c was dead, a few bars of that theme were played. The majority of the time, however, it seems to play when Sam and Jack are involved.

Comment

Done a bit of checking, parts of it have appeared in other emotional scenes such as what hedwig said. I caught what may have been a few notes in a Sam/Jack scene in Affinity. I found a full-on use of it in Point of View.

Comment

I'd love a full list of the times that that theme is used. I was surprised to find that it's also used in "New Ground" in the scene where Teal'c and Nyan are discussing scientific advancements.

It broke my heart when they played a couple bars of the (very minor) melody in "Continuum" as Jack is dying.
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              I was surprised to find that it's also used in "New Ground" in the scene where Teal'c and Nyan are discussing scientific advancements.
                              I just had a listen and I'm fairly certain it wasn't the Sam/Jack theme.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                I'd love a full list of the times that that theme is used. I was surprised to find that it's also used in "New Ground" in the scene where Teal'c and Nyan are discussing scientific advancements.

It broke my heart when they played a couple bars of the (very minor) melody in "Continuum" as Jack is dying.
                                We had a discussion sort of about this on the Appreciation thread four years ago. I extracted the theme only from several scenes. I uploaded them to my MediaFire account here if anyone wants them. I posted the link and the following descriptions back then. (here) There might be other episodes mentioned in the discussion that I missed? Anyhoo ...

Descriptions of the scenes and soundbytes:

There are occasional background noises (usually SGC bangs and booms) which I did not try to filter out. I, honestly, think they add to the overall feel of the music most of the time. It's obvious that the sound editor took care in where he/she placed them. *huggles* On a few of the clips I added a fade in and/or out because it was blended into different music or there were sounds which caused weirdness.

Divide and Conquer
                                During the Zatarc retesting.

Entity
                                The first is when Jack zats Sam. Even though the beginning part is not the S/J theme, I kept it because it blends into the theme. The second is when Jack is sitting in the infirmary with Sam. The third is from the ending of the show.

Moebius
                                During the first and second kisses.

Point of View
                                The first is Alt!Sam with the wedding picture. The second is two parts: the first before the hug, the second during the hug. The third is the goodbye kiss. I debated splitting the kiss clip into two files and the lazy side of me won. If I did split it I'd have to do fades because they overlap and then if you put them together it would sound dumb, but if I didn't do fades it sounded dumb. Argh!

Beneath the Surface
                                After the explosion and Sam/Thera is on her way to talk to Brenna she meets Jack/Jonah and he walks with her part way. The "intro" part of the ship theme plays.

Frozen
                                Cues in as Jack nods Yes to taking the Tok'ra symbiote.
                                Last edited by UhSir; 09 January 2015, 07:22 PM. Reason: add link to original post in the Appreciation thread

Comment

Working...
                                X