No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think AT should have been consulted as to what kind of "boyfriend" she wanted, since she was the one that practically demanded that she be allowed to have a boyfriend (that didn't die). I think she could have come up with something way better than what we got.

Comment

Pete was the worst. Still cannot believe we did not get a real Sam/Jack resolution. I knew it would happen when I heard about the movies and what they were about. I sometimes hate when I'm right.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I think AT should have been consulted as to what kind of "boyfriend" she wanted, since she was the one that practically demanded that she be allowed to have a boyfriend (that didn't die). I think she could have come up with something way better than what we got.
        I also kinda think maybe that was the point. *puts on cynical hat* She "demanded" a bf, so they gave her a rubbish one just to prove a point! They clearly didn't even take the casting seriously. They asked the guy from the cancelled show in the studio next door, Ben Browder (who declined it, smart guy!) then just seemed to go "Hey Peter, you have a brother who acts right? Let's get him in and call the guy Pete! Oh and let's give him a ridiculous Irish surname because we know Sam likes Irish guys!... This is gonna be awesome!" Oh, and let's not forget that they forgot about Pete entirely by Lost City.

I think they put more thought into Siler's giant wrench than Pete.
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Siler's wrench was so deep. I think it would have made a perfect boyfriend for Sam. Not demanding, happy to stay at the SGC while she saved the universe, already read into the program, perfectly useful....

...and big.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
            Siler's wrench was so deep. I think it would have made a perfect boyfriend for Sam. Not demanding, happy to stay at the SGC while she saved the universe, already read into the program, perfectly useful....

...and big.
            Ooooh, so many things to say (sadly 99% are un-writable on this forum lol ) I feel like Chandler when he's bet Ross that he can give up the snark for a week then finds out that Ross's new gf is called Elizabeth Hornswoggle!

Haha, Ajay I <3 u for that!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
              I also kinda think maybe that was the point. *puts on cynical hat* She "demanded" a bf, so they gave her a rubbish one just to prove a point! They clearly didn't even take the casting seriously. They asked the guy from the cancelled show in the studio next door, Ben Browder (who declined it, smart guy!) then just seemed to go "Hey Peter, you have a brother who acts right? Let's get him in and call the guy Pete! Oh and let's give him a ridiculous Irish surname because we know Sam likes Irish guys!... This is gonna be awesome!" Oh, and let's not forget that they forgot about Pete entirely by Lost City.
              I think that's exactly how it has been played out. AT must have been frustrated. But then, so were we. Even more so when the Jack/Sam confirmation which really should have happened, didn't.

...and big.
              LMAO, right
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SOtogether View Post
                I think that's exactly how it has been played out. AT must have been frustrated. But then, so were we. Even more so when the Jack/Sam confirmation which really should have happened, didn't.
                Yup! Then again, if she'd married Pete she'd have been "Colonel Samantha Shanahan" I'm sorry, that just sounds like a Dr Seuss name in my head. And you know he'd have insisted on her taking his name. Given that Sam is a published scientist, I have a hard time believing that professionally she'd change her surname. Jack wouldn't have an issue with her being Carter at work or at home but I suspect Pete would have.

Comment

Jack wouldn't have an issue with her being Carter at work or at home but I suspect Pete would have.
                  Yet another example why Jack and Sam are meant to be and Pete is out of the picture
                  sigpic

Comment

If they had to give her a boyfriend, they should have (imo) given her a someone who already knew about the Stargate. That was my main beef with Pete... that he was given clearance for no good reason, really. It was just ridiculous. He didn't trust her, he followed her and interfered with their OP. He should have been under arrest, not given clearance to the biggest secret on the Earth. And so what if he saw Osiris eyes glow? They should have a standard cover story... or just CLASSIFIED NEED TO KNOW, and you, buddy, you do not need to know.

Oh well, rant over. S/J forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                      If they had to give her a boyfriend, they should have (imo) given her a someone who already knew about the Stargate. That was my main beef with Pete... that he was given clearance for no good reason, really. It was just ridiculous. He didn't trust her, he followed her and interfered with their OP. He should have been under arrest, not given clearance to the biggest secret on the Earth. And so what if he saw Osiris eyes glow? They should have a standard cover story... or just CLASSIFIED NEED TO KNOW, and you, buddy, you do not need to know.

Oh well, rant over. S/J forever.
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again... Malcolm Barrett!! A) he was interested B) He was cute C) he knew about the SGC D) it wouldn't have lasted, he'd have been too overprotective and got on her nerves - it's perfect! I could totally see her dating Malcolm just because he was interested, isn't that why she dated Pete because he was the first guy that came along? I don't get why Sam found him so creepy yet Pete was totally fine - wtf?!

Then he and Kerry could have hooked up because they're both secret agents and they'd look good together!

Sam/Barrett & Kerry/Barrett should totally have been a thing!

Comment

Yup! Then again, if she'd married Pete she'd have been "Colonel Samantha Shanahan" I'm sorry, that just sounds like a Dr Seuss name in my head. And you know he'd have insisted on her taking his name. Given that Sam is a published scientist, I have a hard time believing that professionally she'd change her surname. Jack wouldn't have an issue with her being Carter at work or at home but I suspect Pete would have.
                        Or, she would insist on being "Colonel Samantha Carter-Shanahan", and I think Pete would throw a huge fit over that and "attempt" to not let her do it.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Malcolm Barrett!! A) he was interested B) He was cute C) he knew about the SGC D) it wouldn't have lasted, he'd have been too overprotective and got on her nerves - it's perfect! I could totally see her dating Malcolm just because he was interested, isn't that why she dated Pete because he was the first guy that came along? I don't get why Sam found him so creepy yet Pete was totally fine - wtf?!

Then he and Kerry could have hooked up because they're both secret agents and they'd look good together!

Sam/Barrett & Kerry/Barrett should totally have been a thing!
                          There are actually a few fics out there that have Kerry and Barrett getting together, and at least one of them has them being engaged. I like them together.

Comment

I think they put more thought into Siler's giant wrench than Pete.
                            Too right. It got more screen time.

Siler's wrench was so deep.
                            Its depth is immaterial to this conversation.

...and big.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Or, she would insist on being "Colonel Samantha Carter-Shanahan", and I think Pete would throw a huge fit over that and "attempt" to not let her do it.
                              He's so be like "But babe, we're married now and that's such a mouthful for people to say. Don't you want to have the same name as our kids?" - he's so emotionally manipulative, to me he's the weaker version of Jonas Hansen. Carter-O'Neill rolls off the tongue so much better than Carter-Shanahan purely based on phonetics.

There are actually a few fics out there that have Kerry and Barrett getting together, and at least one of them has them being engaged. I like them together.
                              I think they'd make an awesome power couple. I can totally see them being the Mulder and Scully of the CIA/NID!

Comment

He's so be like "But babe, we're married now and that's such a mouthful for people to say. Don't you want to have the same name as our kids?" - he's so emotionally manipulative, to me he's the weaker version of Jonas Hansen. Carter-O'Neill rolls off the tongue so much better than Carter-Shanahan purely based on phonetics.

I think they'd make an awesome power couple. I can totally see them being the Mulder and Scully of the CIA/NID!
                                I can't green you for that again yet, so here's a handful of green stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X