• Show
Clear All

Congrats on your 1000th!

Gee, I wonder how many takes it took to get that one right lol

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      I wanted my 1000th post to be a shippy one

clickable thumbnail:

http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/sg1-04-06-window-of-opportunity-the-kiss-still.jpg

I like this kiss for many reasons: none of them are under alien influence, they are not about to die AND Sam kisses him right back Too bad she won't remember it though
      I totally agree! Thanks for making me smile so much!

sigpic
      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        I don't recall the scene but according to the lexicon that was indeed Zoe, RDA's dog. Guess that makes it her second appearance, unless I missed any others besides Chain Reaction...
        Thanks! I thought I saw a picture of her with RDA at some point and it's a very unique looking dog so I figured it was the same one.
        The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
          Congrats on your 1000th!

Thanks I wouldn't have minded doing that take over and over again

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
          I totally agree! Thanks for making me smile so much!

You're welcome

Comment

I don't remember how many times I replayed the WoW kiss when I first saw it! Makes me angry in hindsight considering that was season 4 and they were doing open shippiness and then they cut us off.
            The password is fishing...

Comment

i think if i ever have a kid, i'm going to tell my wife that our kid has to have a dog. it's a rule you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                Was that dog in episode 200 RDA's dog?
                I think RDA has had a range of dogs throughout Stargate. And they all seem to be Australian shepherds!
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Great review, selene! SJ_green.gif

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  In those rare moments where I’m feeling particularly feisty, and self-punishing, I imagine this episode with roles of Daniel and Sha’re cast to Sam and Jack—and I proceed to cry. I don’t do it often, but it ramps up the intensity for me, and is more engaging than the pouty-Daniel version. Oops… did I say “pouty-Daniel” aloud?
                  Eep! I admit I have never thought of this scenario! Talk about thinking up angst! My mind-wanderings tend to go toward fluff and gutter! However, if it was Sam and Jack, Jack would have found a sarcophagus.

Which brings me to a point in the episode. How was there not a sarcophagus nearby? I mean, Amonet is the consort of one of the most powerful Gou'ld in the galaxy, so you'd think she would have one.

And why did they have Teal'c deliver a killing shot? Why not just shoot off her hand or arm that held the hand device? Better yet, why not have T switch to zat and stun her?

They obviously wanted to kill her off. And give Daniel another quest, to find the child, so that he wouldn't quit and go back to Abydos like he probably would have.

Comment

The one in the car when Jack was invisible.
                    The dog in "New Order" that was in the yard at the farm when Sam came out of the house was one of RDA's as well.

Comment

any body know the breed of dog that Jack gave cassie at the end of "Singularity?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        any body know the breed of dog that Jack gave cassie at the end of "Singularity?"
                        Believe it was a Shiba Inu I read recently whose dog it was, but can't remember. But not RDA's, that I do remember.

Comment

I don't remember how many times I replayed the WoW kiss when I first saw it! Makes me angry in hindsight considering that was season 4 and they were doing open shippiness and then they cut us off.
                          i was thinking about that the other day actually... i wonder *why* they pulled back?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            Great review, selene! [ATTACH=CONFIG]38130[/ATTACH]

Eep! I admit I have never thought of this scenario! Talk about thinking up angst! My mind-wanderings tend to go toward fluff and gutter! However, if it was Sam and Jack, Jack would have found a sarcophagus.

Which brings me to a point in the episode. How was there not a sarcophagus nearby? I mean, Amonet is the consort of one of the most powerful Gou'ld in the galaxy, so you'd think she would have one.

And why did they have Teal'c deliver a killing shot? Why not just shoot off her hand or arm that held the hand device? Better yet, why not have T switch to zat and stun her?

They obviously wanted to kill her off. And give Daniel another quest, to find the child, so that he wouldn't quit and go back to Abydos like he probably would have.
                            Thanks! I have to admit, I didn't really think too hard about Sha're. I wasn't too sad to see her go, actually. I mean, I wasn't happy, or anything, but I wasn't sad. I guess the character in the series just never clicked for me the way she did in the movie. That's actually one of my biggest grievances, actually.

In the movie, the character of Sha're (or rather, Sha'uri) was incredibly complex. She was from a society where women were gifts and property, and yet she acted as Daniel's equal, in a way. She taught him her language, and with her help Daniel was able to interpret the history hidden in the forgotten temple. She went with him into danger when they sought to kill Ra, and Daniel fell completely and helplessly in love with her. When he stayed, he stayed with her, and to me it seemed as though she was the first person to ever really see him, and care for him.

But when she appeared in the series, she was treated as little more than a pretty face. There was no depth to her character, and to be quite honest the first word that comes to mind when I think of her is "vapid". It's flat, with no depth. She's the driving force behind Daniel's continued involvement with the Stargate program, and yet as a viewer, I could never really get behind that because *I* didn't feel that level of devotion to her, that connection. There was nothing alluring or intriguing, and her death followed the prescribed template to a T.

You're right that the death scene felt forced (but I don't blame Teal'c; if there's a threat, I shoot center of mass, not aim for her arm and hope I don't end up shooting Daniel in the head). Daniel turned into a stupefied idiot the moment Sha're came onscreen, and he was the catalyst for her death as far as I'm concerned. But that's tangential and not my point here.

Her death feels like a hollow tragedy, because to me that's what her character in the series was. Hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                              Congrats on your 1000th!

Here's what RDA had to say about that kiss:

It's not clear whether taking Carter into his arms and swooping down for a full blown kiss was a long-cherished desire of Colonel O'Neill but Richard Dean Anderson grins, "I personally re-did that scene as many times as I could get away with." Ms. Tapping was not available for comment.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                Thanks! I have to admit, I didn't really think too hard about Sha're. I wasn't too sad to see her go, actually. I mean, I wasn't happy, or anything, but I wasn't sad. I guess the character in the series just never clicked for me the way she did in the movie. That's actually one of my biggest grievances, actually.

In the movie, the character of Sha're (or rather, Sha'uri) was incredibly complex. She was from a society where women were gifts and property, and yet she acted as Daniel's equal, in a way. She taught him her language, and with her help Daniel was able to interpret the history hidden in the forgotten temple. She went with him into danger when they sought to kill Ra, and Daniel fell completely and helplessly in love with her. When he stayed, he stayed with her, and to me it seemed as though she was the first person to ever really see him, and care for him.

But when she appeared in the series, she was treated as little more than a pretty face. There was no depth to her character, and to be quite honest the first word that comes to mind when I think of her is "vapid". It's flat, with no depth. She's the driving force behind Daniel's continued involvement with the Stargate program, and yet as a viewer, I could never really get behind that because *I* didn't feel that level of devotion to her, that connection. There was nothing alluring or intriguing, and her death followed the prescribed template to a T.

You're right that the death scene felt forced (but I don't blame Teal'c; if there's a threat, I shoot center of mass, not aim for her arm and hope I don't end up shooting Daniel in the head). Daniel turned into a stupefied idiot the moment Sha're came onscreen, and he was the catalyst for her death as far as I'm concerned. But that's tangential and not my point here.

Her death feels like a hollow tragedy, because to me that's what her character in the series was. Hollow.
                                And to follow up with this, I consider Sha'uri and Daniel the "Sam and Jack" of the original Stargate movie. They have the "against all odds" relationship, and it's pretty much love at first sight. Though they only know each other for a matter of days (actually, I'm really sure how long the movie technically was-- it felt like a few days, but for all I know it was intended to be weeks or something), by the end of the movie the bond that Daniel and Sha'uri share transcends all the silly little details like who came from which planet, and who speaks which language.

Kind of like how the bond between Sam and Jack persists in spite of the mundane little details like rank and perceived duty. Though a lot of the time those details limit the superficial, demonstrative aspect of their feelings for each other, the details don't cause their feelings to lessen or pale over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X