Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I must not have left a review of that one (even though I should have). Usually I can scan through the list of reviews under my own name to find a story I might be looking for. I guess I'll just have to go browsing and leave a comment this time.
    do you remember what it was rated?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      linky? *sweetly bats eyelashes*
      Right fic but I got the wrong writer!

First one of tge trilogy

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/4462102/1/Finding-Truth

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      There's a lovely little fic that I stumbled across recently in which Jack and Sam have a son who is deaf. They also have a daughter who is fine. The whole family learns sign language in order to communicate with the boy, and often wind up signing on other occasions when he is somewhere else.

Sam is trying to come up with a device that will allow the boy to hear, but hasn't been able to at the time of this story.

And for the life of me I can't remember which site it was on, or I'd recommend it here.
      http://m.fanfiction.net/s/8992504/1/...Quiet-Mornings
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

That's the one. Thank you.

Comment

that's the one thanks.

Comment

Wow, leave for a few days and this thread blows up!

I guess with POV AND Learning Curve it had to.

My thoughts -

POV - one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the hug and kiss (I think? on the cheek) when Hammond was returned by the Asgard. That was cute and REALLY underscored how Dr. Carter was different from Major Carter. (Seeing Hammond that beat up was not my favorite thing but Don.S.Davis played that really well.)

But yeah, the initial scene gets me every time, when he still thinks it's Major carter and teases "Whoa, what happened to you?" as if he expects a good story.

As for Learning Curve - It's such a solid all-round well done ep that made me CARE about EVERYONE (even Merrin's guardian) that it's up there in my Top 10.

I Love Merrin's wisdom (she knows that everyone will learn about school/teaching/learning from her post averium), I love how she out-Sams Sam (the scene where Sam falls asleep) and the whole "do we have a right to muddle" storyline.

Learning curve has everything in it - teamness (though much of the ep was spent with the team apart, go figure!), Jackisms, Sam figuring out tech, cute kids, a moral dilemna, all served with a dose of humor and I like the non-life threatening (to SG1) climate.

Would that every episode was so well balanced between action/mythos development/character development/humor

Comment

And link to sam/jack theme

Here's the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j04VL_XyWc

Someone made a version that was longer. It's pretty good. And it's a great vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1bMFcf3zB8

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                I also adore the scene at Cassie's school when Merrin shows Jack her painting. The flowers are nice, but he's just beyond pleased with the "representation of Major Carter." His smile just says it all. Remember the assignment was to paint something you love. Hint, hint: Jack would have painted a representation of Major Carter too.

I'm sure Jack had that painted framed and hung it at the cabin!
                Love it, thanks hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                  Can someone link Consequences of being touched? You got me all curious now
                  Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  Here's the link to the writer's profile. It's M for a reason!

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2151052/fems
                  Don't forget fems also wrote a fully fleshed fic of exactly what happened during the Broca episode that is told in dreams sequences and flashbacks for Consequences of Being Touched, called One Touch is Enough which can be found here. Again author's profile link because of rating.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

fems is recommending reading Consequences of Being Touched first, even though One Touch is Enough can be considered its prequel. I love how she uses the dream sequences and flashback scenes in CoBT - poor Sam & Jack

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                      Wow, leave for a few days and this thread blows up!

I guess with POV AND Learning Curve it had to.

My thoughts -

POV - one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the hug and kiss (I think? on the cheek) when Hammond was returned by the Asgard. That was cute and REALLY underscored how Dr. Carter was different from Major Carter. (Seeing Hammond that beat up was not my favorite thing but Don.S.Davis played that really well.)

But yeah, the initial scene gets me every time, when he still thinks it's Major carter and teases "Whoa, what happened to you?" as if he expects a good story.

As for Learning Curve - It's such a solid all-round well done ep that made me CARE about EVERYONE (even Merrin's guardian) that it's up there in my Top 10.

I Love Merrin's wisdom (she knows that everyone will learn about school/teaching/learning from her post averium), I love how she out-Sams Sam (the scene where Sam falls asleep) and the whole "do we have a right to muddle" storyline.

Learning curve has everything in it - teamness (though much of the ep was spent with the team apart, go figure!), Jackisms, Sam figuring out tech, cute kids, a moral dilemna, all served with a dose of humor and I like the non-life threatening (to SG1) climate.

Would that every episode was so well balanced between action/mythos development/character development/humor
                      GW won't let me green you!

Great post. Completely agree with everything you said!

Comment

Bringing it forward:

Season 3 Rewatch
                        May 19 - Into The Fire - SGSuzi
                        May 24 – Seth - RamonathePest
                        May 29 - Fair Game - hlndncr
                        June 3- Legacy – neverendingimagination
                        June 8 - Learning Curve – meredithe5
                        June 13 - Point of View – Selene0789
                        June 18 - Deadman Switch - SaraBahama
                        June 23 – Demons – Sparky She-Demon
                        June 28 - Rules of Engagement - LCJS
                        July 3 - Forever in a Day - selene0789
                        July 8 - Past and Present - Ikorni
                        July 13 - Jolinar’s Memories / The Devil You Know – Sparky She-Demon
                        July 18 – Foothold - LCJS
                        July 23 – Pretense – meredithe5
                        July 28 – Urgo - SGSuzi
                        August 2- A Hundred Days - hlndncr
                        August 7- Shades of Grey - selene0789
                        August 12 – New Ground - LCJS
                        August 17 – Maternal Instinct – Selene0789
                        August 22 – Crystal Skull - neverendingimagination
                        August 27 – Nemesis - ikorni

*saunters in...looks at list...*

Egad! I have a review in 2 DAYS?!?!?

And my excuse for being AWOL for so long? :

Well, I was trying to find a shirt in my wardrobe when I fell into Narnia. There I met the Doctor and he was going to take me home in his Tardis but we accidentally landed on Asgard where Loki started a rebellion. Somehow I became the Mockingjay leading the people to victory. I crossed the rainbow bridge to Hogwarts where I got flushed down a toilet and ended back in my room.

...yep...that's the best I can do.

My desktop is still fritzy, but I will try to have my review up in time.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I see some people are giving recommendations for fanfic. I've just spent all weekend reading two fanfics called Nineveh and In the thirteenth hour. Amazing, amazing reads! Just finished In the thirteenth hour and it's been an emotional rollercoaster! There was one niggling question I had after reading Nineveh, but I won't say anything because it will spoil it!

I'm linking to the home page of the writer because both stories have one or two chapters which are M rated.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/294374/Aenigmatic

I'd love to know if anyone else has read these!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

We did. Btw her nickname here is Ikorni
                            And maybe you wanna take a look at the Fic rec threads. You can find many other great fics!

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Cool! I'll check it out.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

I have "Thirteenth Hour" next up on my list, and then "Consequences" and now "Once Touched". Thanksfor letting us know Ikorni is te author of "Thirteenth". When everyoe was ravingabout hw great it is, she never said a word! Very modest.

Hlddancer - great insights into Learning Curve. I think this is the episode that made Teal'c loveable to me as he refused to accept a vague "Orban is fine" as an answer.
                                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X