Thanks!

More to come! More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Wow, loved your ficlets hlndncr!!
        I second that!!

sigpic

Comment

Here are a few more ficlets for Season 1!

Brief Candle
          Spoiler:

Jack was finally feeling more like himself after several days in the infirmary. The doc had given him the OK to go home now that he had largely regressed to his own age. But first he had a stop to make.

Coming around the corner Jack ambled up to the open door to Captain Carter’s lab. She was sitting at a central workbench bent over a computer screen. Jack allowed himself a few moments to admire her before letting his presence be known.

“Sir. You’re looking?” Sam searched for the right description.

Jack supplied some options, “Youthful, vigorous, boyishly handsome?”

Sam smirked and ducked her chin to hide her reaction. Jack always considered it a triumph when he got the usually serious Captain to crack a smile, even just a small one she didn’t want anyone to see.

“So. I just stopped by to say thanks, for coming to my rescue.”

“Actually, Sir, you saved yourself. We wouldn’t have found the key to deactivating the nanites without you.”

“Well, don’t worry, Carter; I won’t take your job if you promise not to take mine.”

“No worries there, Sir.”

Jack wasn’t so sure. His decisions during the last mission were reckless at best and led to several unhappy consequences to himself. Fortunately, Carter had kept it together and no one else on the team suffered from his poor judgment.

“I heard about the confrontation you had with General Hammond.”

“We don’t leave people behind, Sir. You taught me that.”

“Yeah, well the next lesson is, don’t eat alien cake.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

They stared at one another for a few moments. Not knowing where to take the conversation next, Jack decided it was time for a strategic withdrawal.

Before he could exit Sam stopped him with a question. “How do you feel about cake from the mess hall? My treat.”

“I like the way you think, Captain.”

Thor’s Hammer
          Spoiler:

SG-1 sat around a table in the mess hall enjoying one another’s company over a mostly acceptable meal. Everyone was in high spirits except Daniel. Of course he was glad to have Jack and Teal’c back, but it didn’t take away the sting of losing the only means they had discovered that could have saved Sha’re.

Sam had been pretty upset the whole time and very impatient. It’s the first time they hadn’t seen eye to eye and it bothered him that she was being so unsympathetic. He knew she felt the weight of losing her commanding officer, again. And Daniel had to admit he was more focused on learning about Kendra’s experiences than finding his teammates. But didn’t Sam realize how desperate he was to get his wife back?

It took until this moment for Daniel to realize that maybe Sam had been just as desperate as he was, only she didn’t know why. He watched the way she smiled at Jack as he teased her. The way they bantered back and forth. Maybe Sam’s concern for her lost commander was a little more than professional.

Sha’re meant everything to Daniel. He loved her with his entire soul. But he had made the choice to save his friend because it was the right thing to do. He hoped Sam never had to make a similar choice, but looking at her with Jack he worried that one day perhaps she might.

The Torment of Tantalus
          Spoiler:

Understanding the special bond Daniel had with Catherine Langford, the team had hung back at the funeral to give him the space he needed to grieve. Now they were gathered with friends and family at her home.

Sam reviewed the photographs lined up on the mantel. She noted a faded picture of a studious looking young man with his arm around a lovely young woman. Both were smiling broadly as they looked at one another. Next to it was an image of the Ernst Littlefield Sam remembered, bald, wrinkled a little hunched, with his arm around a silver haired Catherine. This time they were both staring into the camera with contented smiles.

Sam thought back on the happy couple’s first reunion so many years ago now. She remembered how surprised Catherine had been to realize that she still felt like that young girl in love when she laid eyes on Ernst after nearly fifty years of separation. Sam had told Catherine, “I don’t believe the heart ever grows old.” Of course Sam was awfully young at the time.

Sam spotted Jack over by the buffet. Her own heart skipped a beat. They had faced their own years of separation and heartache, and there were likely many more times of separation to come. She wondered if her heart would always race when she thought of him, like it did now. Sam thought it might. Catherine had showed her that love can abide for a lifetime.

Sam left the fireplace and moved toward Jack. She wanted to be near him.
          Last edited by hlndncr; 28 December 2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            Here are a few more ficlets for Season 1!

Brief Candle
            Spoiler:

Jack was finally feeling more like himself after several days in the infirmary. The doc had given him the OK to go home now that he had largely regressed to his own age. But first he had a stop to make.

Coming around the corner Jack ambled up to the open door to Captain Carter’s lab. She was sitting at a central workbench bent over a computer screen. Jack allowed himself a few moments to admire her before letting his presence be known.

“Sir. You’re looking?” Sam searched for the right description.

Jack supplied some options, “Youthful, vigorous, boyishly handsome?”

Sam smirked and ducked her chin to hide her reaction. Jack always considered it a triumph when he got the usually serious Captain to crack a smile, even just a small one she didn’t want anyone to see.

“So. I just stopped by to say thanks, for coming to my rescue.”

“Actually, Sir, you saved yourself. We wouldn’t have found the key to deactivating the nanites without you.”

“Well, don’t worry, Carter; I won’t take your job if you promise not to take mine.”

“No worries there, Sir.”

Jack wasn’t so sure. His decisions during the last mission were reckless at best and led to several unhappy consequences to himself. Fortunately, Carter had kept it together and no one else on the team suffered from his poor judgment.

“I heard about the confrontation you had with General Hammond.”

“We don’t leave people behind, Sir. You taught me that.”

“Yeah, well the next lesson is, don’t eat alien cake.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

They stared at one another for a few moments. Not knowing where to take the conversation next, Jack decided it was time for a strategic withdrawal.

Before he could exit Sam stopped him with a question. “How do you feel about cake from the mess hall? My treat.”

“I like the way you think, Captain.”

Thor’s Hammer
            Spoiler:

SG-1 sat around a table in the mess hall enjoying one another’s company over a mostly acceptable meal. Everyone was in high spirits except Daniel. Of course he was glad to have Jack and Teal’c back, but it didn’t take away the sting of losing the only means they had discovered that could have saved Sha’re.

Sam had been pretty upset the whole time and very impatient. It’s the first time they hadn’t seen eye to eye and it bothered him that she was being so unsympathetic. He knew she felt the weight of losing her commanding officer, again. And Daniel had to admit he was more focused on learning about Kendra’s experiences than finding his teammates. But didn’t Sam realize how desperate he was to get his wife back?

It took until this moment for Daniel to realize that maybe Sam had been just as desperate as he was, only she didn’t know why. He watched the way she smiled at Jack as he teased her. The way they bantered back and forth. Maybe Sam’s concern for her lost commander was a little more than professional.

Sha’re meant everything to Daniel. He loved her with his entire soul. But he had made the choice to save his friend because it was the right thing to do. He hoped Sam never had to make a similar choice, but looking at her with Jack he worried that one day perhaps she might.

The Torment of Tantalus
            Spoiler:

Understanding the special bond Daniel had with Catherine Langford, the team had hung back at the funeral to give him the space he needed to grieve. Now they were gathered with friends and family at her home.

Sam reviewed the photographs lined up on the mantel. She noted a faded picture of a studious looking young man with his arm around a lovely young woman. Both were smiling broadly as they looked at one another. Next to it was the image of Ernst Littlefield Sam remembered, bald, wrinkled a little hunched, with his arm around a silver haired Catherine. This time they were both staring into the camera with contented smiles.

Sam thought back on the happy couple’s first reunion so many years ago now. She remembered how surprised Catherine had been to realize that she still felt like that young girl in love when she laid eyes on Ernst after nearly fifty years of separation. Sam had told Catherine, “I don’t believe the heart ever grows old.” Of course Sam was awfully young at the time.

Sam spotted Jack over by the buffet. Her own heart skipped a beat. They had faced their own years of separation and heartache, and there were likely many more times of separation to come. She wondered if her heart would always race when she thought of him, like it did now. Sam thought it might. Catherine had showed her that love can abide for a lifetime.

Sam left the fireplace and moved toward Jack. She wanted to be near him.
            Yay!! Thank you for that *hugs*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

More to come! More to come!
              Are you going to put these on ff.net, sort of like Pol's "Campfire" stories?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Are you going to put these on ff.net, sort of like Pol's "Campfire" stories?
                I thought I'd post them a season at a time. That way all my GW friends get to read them first. It's like a bonus for joining the rewatch. So when I complete season 1, probably sometime next week, I'll post the first chapter.

Comment

Enjoyed the ficlets. . Thanks.
                  sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I thought I'd post them a season at a time. That way all my GW friends get to read them first. It's like a bonus for joining the rewatch. So when I complete season 1, probably sometime next week, I'll post the first chapter.
                    Hooray! I love these. Especially the torment of tantalus one. Lovely insight into Daniel...though if he saw it this early, when did the First Shipper see it?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                      Hooray! I love these. Especially the torment of tantalus one. Lovely insight into Daniel...though if he saw it this early, when did the First Shipper see it?
                      Good point. I'll have to think about that one. Maybe we'll get his point of view sometime.

Comment

I'm going out of town for a few days; so it will probably be late next week before I can get back to finishing up my season 1 ficlets. These will have to tide you over until then.

Bloodlines
                        Spoiler:

Jack sat in the commissary picking out grounds from his coffee that weren’t actually there. He swirled his index finger around in the tepid brown liquid and shook it out. He didn’t really plan to drink it.

He was feeling heavy after their mission to Chulak. Seeing Teal’c with his son had stirred up too many memories for Jack.

Carter walked into the room. She looked very determined. Jack winced inwardly. He really wasn’t in the mood for whatever scientific discovery she would surely want to share with him.

Sam had noticed Jack’s grim mood ever since the team had returned. She suspected the origins of his dourness and made it her mission to find a way to snap him out of it. After all, what was a second in command for if she couldn’t buoy up the spirits of her commanding officer when they faltered?

Sam had a plan.

She found him in the mess hall and placed a plain folder in front of him.

“Carter, can’t this wait. There is a time for paperwork and this is not it.” Jack protested while glancing at the sheet she had thrust at him. It was a reservation for one of the base workout rooms every morning from 0600 to 0700 for the next month.

Jack gave his subordinate a confused stare.

“I didn’t want to say anything in front of the General,” Sam explained, “but you did get your butt kicked by a 130 year old man. That’s sure to come up on your next fit rep. I thought you might want to get ahead of that; so I made us a reservation to get in some extra PT . . . Sir.” Sam finished with a twinkle of mischief in her eye.

“You know Carter, for that, I might just have to kick your butt.” Jack tried to sound threatening.

“I’ll see you in the gym tomorrow morning, Sir.” Sam walked away looking completely unconcerned.

Mission accomplished.

Wrestling with Carter? That was much more the kind of thought Jack wanted to dwell on.

She was so going to kick his butt.

Fire and Water
                        Spoiler:

Sam was avoiding the Colonel. She hoped he hadn’t noticed. She still attended assigned briefings; although she would sit on the other side of Daniel instead of taking her usual place next to the Colonel. She sent memo that she knew he would not read rather than track him down to detail her findings on whatever project she was working on to him in person. She timed her meals so they wouldn’t be together in the mess hall.

When they first got Daniel back after believing he had been killed on their mission to “The Fish Alien Planet” as Colonel O’Neill had named it, Sam felt closer to her team than ever. It was being with the Colonel and Teal’c that had helped her through the ordeal of losing Daniel.

Finding her friend gone had been more painful than she had ever expected. She was so grateful to have him back. She hoped she would never have to go through the pain of losing him again.

But something happened while Daniel was gone. It hadn’t made much of an impact on her at the time, getting Daniel back was far more urgent. But now that she had some time to think there was only one moment of the whole terrible experience her mind was constantly drawn back to—the hug.

When Sam had become hysterical with the realization that Daniel was alive and they had left him behind the Colonel had taken her into his arms. He had cradle her so tenderly. She felt safe and loved. And that scared the heck out her because he was her commanding officer.

And she couldn’t stop thinking about it! All she had to do was look at the Colonel and she would feel his hands stroking her hair. She would smell his cologne as he dipped his face into her neck. She would hear his soothing whispers in her ear.

She had to stay away from him until she could get a grip.

A knot twisted in the pit of her stomach. Sam was afraid that she was like a bird that had discovered her wings. Now that she knew what it felt to fly, how could she ever be content on the ground?

Hathor
                        Spoiler:

Jack had not been sleeping well since the girl goa’uld with the freaky breath had invaded the base several days ago. Everyone thought it was nightmares from being turned into a Jaffa, and Jack was not about to dissuade anyone of that notion. Jack was troubled by his dreams. But they were not dreams of Hathor; they were dreams of Sam.

After he revived from his stint in the sarcophagus Sam had asked to “check his wound.” Jack tried to hide his discomfort with her intense examination of his abdomen by making a clever quip. He didn’t dwell on the event at the time; they had work to do retaking the base.

However, the event seemed to have lodged itself in Jack’s subconscious. Whenever he closed his eyes he would see Sam standing before him, opening his shirt, running her eyes up and down his exposed torso. Then feeling her fingers caressing his skin over and over again. Her lips working their way across his belly.

Needless to say, Jack did not awake well rested. And he did not have an easy time looking at Sam across the briefing room table. Jack certainly hoped these visions and longings would fade soon and he could go back to enjoying his blissful self-denial about the strong attraction he felt towards Captain Samantha Carter.

Years later Sam couldn’t say why dragging her nails lightly across Jack’s stomach always put him in the mood, but she took full advantage of this sensitivity on the rare occasions they could be together. Though Jack didn’t get much sleep on these visits, he didn’t mind in the least.

Singularity
                        Spoiler:

Sam was surprised this park was still here and looking much the same as it had the first time SG-1 brought Cassie here many years ago. Not surprisingly, Cassie had married into the Air Force and her husband, a doctor, had just been transferred to the medical group at Peterson. Cassie was going to teach science at one of the local high schools starting in the fall. And of course she always had her hands full raising their twin boys, Jonathan and Tyler, who were now five and would be starting school themselves.

Jack and Sam had retired to Colorado Springs. They both still assisted with the Stargate program, now public and based in Washington D.C., but mostly they spent their time enjoying one another and spoiling their “grandchildren.” They were both thrilled to have them so nearby.

On this beautiful spring afternoon Sam and Cassie were arranging the picnic lunch they had brought to the familiar park when they saw a dog come bounding round the trees being chased by two rambunctious boys. An older man in a beaten olive green cap ambled along in their wake. The boys managed to heel the speeding canine before it trampled all over the food.

“Boys, where did you get this dog?” Cassie took in her two trouble makers who were trying to keep control of the excited animal.

“Grandpa Jack!” They answered in unison.

Sam suppressed a laugh at Cassie’s look of consternation and disbelief. Jack stood behind the children, hands in pockets, beaming like he was every bit as much the little boy as Cassie’s twin terrors. Sam had a picture of that look she carried with her whenever she and Jack were separated by duty assignments; it was one of her fondest early memories of him. It reminded her of the crazy quilt family they began piecing together right here in this park.

“Every kid has got to have a dog. You know that.” Jack supplied his familiar explanation.

“Jack, we’re living in temporary base housing right now. Where are we supposed to keep a dog?” Cassie retorted.

“Now you know how Janet felt.” Sam whispered under her breath.

“Guess we’ll have to find you a house. One with a nice big yard.” Seeing that his proffered solution was not mollifying Cassie in the least he turned to the children. “C’mon boys, let’s go get Homer something to drink.”

They all dashed away before mom could nix the plan to keep their new best friend. Cassie glared at Jack’s retreating back. She would be having words with him later.

Sam laughed. He never changed. He was just one big kid, and Sam found it as endearing now as she had when he first presented Cassie with her dog all those years ago.

Only seven more episodes to go!

Happy New Year, Shippers!
                        Last edited by hlndncr; 29 December 2012, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Nice oneshots hlndncr, especially the Hathor and Singularity oneshots!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

More great ficlets, hlndncr! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome ficlets. Love these. especially how there's a bit of then and a bit of now

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X