Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    and we all know that with a concussion Sam's decisions aren't very smart...
    Haha, well said!
    sigpic
    Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

alright who got TBFTGOG?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        alright who got TBFTGOG?
        That'll be me .....again
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Remember that Sam was injured already and that it had presumably taken her quite a bit of effort to climb out. They had little to no food or water (or gas to melt snow) left once she was out there and all she could see was snow and snowy mountains. There were no signs of civilization nearby and she would have no idea as to which direction to start looking. She was freezing, tired, weak, injured, hungry and atop a snowy mountain/glacier with a gate that wasn't working and a commanding officer who was dying... I don't blame her for giving up; even if she had somehow managed to find 'natives' after walking for days at such great height then she could never get help for Jack in time and would never be able to return home (unless maybe she had somehow found the new Tollan homeworld or an equally advanced race but they probably wouldn't have their gate/DHD buried in ice).

I actually don't think it's all that strange; this is the first year of the Program and they have encountered how many friendly natives? The only possible planets that she could have found shelter that come to mind are Simarka, the Land of Light, P3X-519 (First Commandment), P3X-562 (crystal entities), P3X-774 (Nox), Argos, Cimmeria, and Hanka.

Sam might not feel comfortable going to Simarka just in case they encounter any Mongols other than the Shavadai and even their camp was quite a walk from the Stargate (in Sam and Jack's conditions), not to mention that it's questionable whether they could have helped them. The Land of Light people are so far behind in technology and medicine that it's doubtful they could help, not to mention she would have to drag Jack all the way through the dark side before reaching any civilization (and that's hoping no one got reinfected again). The cave people from P3X-519 are even worse off and we have no idea what their status is and whether they would welcome Earthlings (and again, the gate is a couple of miles from civilization). The crystal entities are incapable of helping and there is nothing on the planet for her and Jack to survive on since all we saw was yellow sand. The Nox presumably buried their 'gate or at least put a big rock in front of it, as the SGC needed the Tollan to contact them. We have no idea what's going on Argos and it's more than likely that many of its natives if not all of them have left the area surrounding the gate once they had the freedom to explore. Not to mention that they are so incredibly naive and technologically and medically behind that they would be of no help at all. The folks on Cimmeria might be able to help if they're not still angry about SG-1 breaking Thor's Hammer and if someone is around the 'gate, as that too was quite a walk from their village (and Kendra's camp was even farther away and she's most likely the only one that could help by using the healing device). Hanka is probably still abandoned.

Of course, this is all assuming Sam's head injury came after she had reached the surface and tumbled down to the cave and not from her exit out of the wormhole, meaning she was still able to think clearly without a concussion at the time. Not to mention that it would require her to actually remember all the dialing addresses, even though they usually only refer to them by the random designations her computer system made up or the name the natives have given their planet. Who knows if they are even aware of the actual dialing addresses? Plus, if I recall correctly Daniel is usually the one doing the DHD dialing (off-world) so it's possible Sam wasn't even all that familiar with all the different glyphs and more or less only knows the address to Earth...
          I didn't remember that Sam was injured? And while you're absolutely correct with your assessment of what would probably happen on each of those planets, they were facing certain death staying where they were. We all know SG1's attitude about that - they would have chanced it. That's why I prefer to just ignore that loophole when watching the episode.
          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
            That'll be me .....again
            well lucky you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
              Thank you - I'll definitely carry on with them, I might just be playing catch-up for a while. But knowing that people enjoy reading them certainly gives me extra motivation!
              Your review on this episode made me go and watch it again tonight. One of if not the best episode in season one. Look forward to more of your reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Susash View Post
                Your review on this episode made me go and watch it again tonight. One of if not the best episode in season one. Look forward to more of your reviews
                I'm glad you enjoyed the review hoping to get the next one up tonight once the little boy's gone to bed and I can have some quiet time!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

To Nynaeve wherever you are: Beautiful Shipmas banner you made for the Shipmas thread. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you!!

Solitudes:

I doubt she has other addresses memorized, that would be my explanation. The computer dials out for them. This early in the story I imagine outside of Earth she doesn't have a catalog of addresses. Later they would add the Beta site to memorization, I'm sure.

It really is a great episode. One of the best ones from the early seasons I love the respect they have for each other and how that foundation is laid for that future love.

Comment

I love how early on in the ep, they keep joking with each other -trying to keep the mood light in spite of how serious the circumstances are...possibly BECAUSE of how serious the circumstances are.

The look on Sam's face when she sets Jack's leg...I wince with her...she knows she has to do it, but doing something to him that causes him pain is really difficult for her.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Anyone want to start us off with Tin Man discussion?

My thoughts Sam does a lot of running to Jack
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Okay, I know this isn't very deep observation, but Jack just looks yummy in that black outfit!

Comment

So here is the official season 1 rewatch schedule:

31st August - Children of the Gods (SGSuzi)
                            7th September - The Enemy Within (Meredithe5)
                            14th September - Emancipation (SaraBahama)
                            19th September - The Broca Divide (Brendini)
                            24th September - The First Commandment (Hlndncr)
                            29th September - Cold Lazarus (sueKay)
                            4th October - The Nox (Meredithe5)
                            9th October - Brief Candle (Hedwig)
                            14th October - Thor's Hammer (Hlndncr)
                            19th October - The Torment of Tantalus (Lucycat)
                            24th October - Bloodlines (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                            29th October - Fire and Water (SGSuzi)
                            3rd November - Hathor (Meredithe5)
                            8th November - Singularity (SaraBahama)
                            13th November - Cor-ai (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                            18th November - Enigma (Hlndncr)
                            23rd November - Solitudes (SGSuzi)
                            28th November - Tin Man (Brendini)
                            3rd December - There But for the Grace of God (SGSuzi)
                            8th December - Politics (Part 1 Meredithe5) Within the Serpent's Grasp (Part 2 Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)

Bringing the list forward...Suzi's right...we're overdue for Tin Man.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

'Comtrya!!!'
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

tin man.jpg

Jack & Sam Tin Man.jpg

Synopsis:

SG-1 arrive on the seemingly abandoned planet of Altair and are soon knocked out. When they awaken with seemingly no ill-effects, they hastily return to Earth. There, they discover that they've been turned into androids. To ensure their survival, they are forced to return to Altair to work with the last remaining Altairan, Harlan, who maintains the power systems of the underground city, but soon learn Harlan is hiding something. ~Stargate Wiki
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X