No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a story by Gen Varel that posits a situation in which Sam (and Jac) adopt Cassie....
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      There's a story by Gen Varel that posits a situation in which Sam (and Jac) adopt Cassie....
      ooo cool
      sigpic

Comment

I think it's the Lonely Together series, found on SamandJack.net (rated M) so I'm not going to link it here.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I think it's the Lonely Together series, found on SamandJack.net (rated M) so I'm not going to link it here.
          kk thanks for the rec
          sigpic

Comment

There is also Nadie2's Family
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Any other canon stories with S/J interaction with Cassie? A few of Pol's Campfires have nice moments that feel really natural.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                Any other canon stories with S/J interaction with Cassie? A few of Pol's Campfires have nice moments that feel really natural.
                'Little Moments' by my everyday has some cute bits with Cassie. Haven't read it all the way through for a while though so can't help you with which chapters do it best I'm afraid...
                Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

hmmm maybe someone should write a fic about Cassie and her relationship with Sam and Jack
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for your review sara

sorry all have been a bit awol recently with doing the virtual AT event #VAT1
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Didn't they borrow the ZPM from Antarctica to power the gate in order to dial the Eighth Chevron/Atlantis?

Jack created the gadget that dialed the Asgard Galaxy in "The Fifth Race", but that wasn't used when Atlantis was dialed the first time. It was burned out on it's first use. And what happened to the one that Sam/Samantha put together in "Point of View"?.

Or am I thinking of an AU/AR?
                      My bad, I thought an eighth chevron was used to dial the Asgard in The Fifth Race.

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                      hmmm maybe someone should write a fic about Cassie and her relationship with Sam and Jack
                      I just reread the Fandemonium novel "Transitions" which features Cassie and her relationship with Sam (and the rest of the team) post Janet's death. By the way, it's written by Sabine Bauer - aka "Doc" for those of you who remember her excellent fanfiction from the early days.
                      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Sam and Jack

It’s still early season, but I do like to wonder how it is that Sam knows about Jack’s telescope on the roof –was the team over at some point and she noticed it and tucked the info away, or did she pick it up in conversation?

I am ALWAYS struck by Jack’s reaction to Sam going back down the elevator. I know that it is not a one dimensional concern: she is under his command, she is becoming a good friend, I don’t know if any other feelings are emerging…it seems too soon, but hindsight does layer added emotion to this moment.

And finally…when he makes the call to see if she’s still alive, and she doesn’t respond to ‘Captain Carter’ …he calls her, simply and heavily, ‘Sam’. There are a few beats before she picks up and I always wait with Jack, breathless, for the sound of her voice. Again, this is early on –but the layers of this relationship are as delicious as a fine cake: the love of brothers-at-arms, the love of friends…and in the future will be the love of the blending of their hearts.

I hope this is coherent –I’m still adjusting to the new time schedule.
                        Love you all!!
                        Sarah B, I get chills whenever I watch that scene. I have always felt something about the way Jack says her name into the intercom. You're the first other shipper to agree with me. Most times folks tell me it's "too early". Frankly, in my mind, that's when he began to move past attraction to falling in love with her - a woman that would give her life for a child, a stranger to her, from another planet no less, just so that alien child would nor be afraid and alone in the few moments before her death that she doesn't even know is coming. That's a strength of character that he would have to admire. And given how he is about kids himself...

Comment

I've always wished that the episode had also focused on Jack's perspective on losing another child instead of just developing Sam's bond with Cassie; I'd imagine it would have been more poignant for him after losing Charlie. The ending 'family' scene where he buys her a dog quite obviously suggests he does feel something more.
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                            I just reread the Fandemonium novel "Transitions" which features Cassie and her relationship with Sam (and the rest of the team) post Janet's death. By the way, it's written by Sabine Bauer - aka "Doc" for those of you who remember her excellent fanfiction from the early days.
                            I enjoyed 'Transitions'! I also recommend 'A Matter of Honor' and 'The Cost of Honor' by Sally Reeve -she's a shipper and you can see the subtle signs in her Fandemonium novels. (thanks to hedwig for recommending them).
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

SaraB, check out "Hydra". I just re-read it and it truly captures Jack's snarkiness better than any of the books (I've read them all except the latest one which I'll start after I re-read it's prequel). The first few pages will make you think the characters are OFC, but there is a reason for that. I gave this book 5 stars along with the "Honor" books. I have to say that when I first started the Fandemonium books, I read them looking for the S/J moments. Now, as I re-read them without a preoccupation of The Ship - I enjoy the books more as SG-1 adventures/episodes. What ship is there, is in sync with tv canon.

Comment

I've always wished that the episode had also focused on Jack's perspective on losing another child instead of just developing Sam's bond with Cassie; I'd imagine it would have been more poignant for him after losing Charlie. The ending 'family' scene where he buys her a dog quite obviously suggests he does feel something more.
                                I thought the story "The Coldest of Hearts" by JackieONeill Nut (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2666323/...dest-of-Hearts) was a good story about Jack and Cassie.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X