No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo...back to the *discussion* part of this thread :: wink wink :: LOL (gentle nudge back on topic - the goal being serious discussion while the flailing happens in the appreciation thread) -

what episode is up? Are we still talking about Hansen?

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      It was well written Still didn't break my opinion of Continuum S/J fic though LOL - but I'm *really* hard to please with this sort of thing ^^
      Indeed. No problem.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Leather jacket...

Or, as fems suggested...

...because who doesn't love GT's "oh, my!"?

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
      http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh563/meredithe5/Nekkid_Running_Fast.gif
      meredithe! *averts eyes* LOL

*peeks* LOL
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Jesus give me strength! Where did you make those little anime things?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I can't help it everyone's pictures keep putting my mind in the gutter
          sigpic

Comment

I can't help it everyone's pictures keep putting my mind in the gutter
            Forget the gutter, your mind is almost to the sewer. No offense!
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

And I didn't make them Nolamom did! Here's a link for all the gifs. She's very talented
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                I have a feeling (and people feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that this was the film that AT directed wasn't it? Might explain why she's not in front of the camera as much. I haven't watched the film for about a year as I didn't like the last two seasons so didn't really enjoy it. Continuum on the other hand I love!
                The only "film" that AT directed was in Season 7, "Resurrection". She didn't direct anything else until she was on Sanctuary, and has also directed a few episodes of "Primeval" that will be airing this fall. And the only reason she got to direct an episode of SG1 is that she had it in her contract that if she wasn't allowed to, it was a contract-breaker. So they finally let her do it. She had to share with Michael Shanks, though, because he co-wrote the episode with somebody else. I always thought that was unfair, given that MS had written and directed once or twice prior to that.

And the reason she was pretty much wallpaper in Season 10 was because RCC didn't want her there. She was quoted at one time as saying that nearing the time for Season 10 to start filming, she hadn't even been contacted about signing a new contract, but that everyone else in the cast had been. She called RCC and asked him if she was going to have to look for a new job. He excused himself by saying he thought she'd want to stay home with her daughter instead of coming back to the show. Mind you, he didn't ask; he just didn't send her a new contract. I would not have continued watching had she not been back in Season 10. RCC is also the reason there was little to no mention of Jack throughout S9&10 or AoT.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  And the reason she was pretty much wallpaper in Season 10 was because RCC didn't want her there. She was quoted at one time as saying that nearing the time for Season 10 to start filming, she hadn't even been contacted about signing a new contract, but that everyone else in the cast had been. She called RCC and asked him if she was going to have to look for a new job. He excused himself by saying he thought she'd want to stay home with her daughter instead of coming back to the show. Mind you, he didn't ask; he just didn't send her a new contract. I would not have continued watching had she not been back in Season 10. RCC is also the reason there was little to no mention of Jack throughout S9&10 or AoT.
                  I hadn't heard any of this? Do we have some transcripts? I always thought she was busy with Sanctuary - I know that JM had wanted to have her for S.5 of SGA, but that she turned him down (and from what AT said, it wasn't an easy decision and she cried over it, but decided to go forward with Sanctuary).

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    Jesus give me strength! Where did you make those little anime things?
                    Nolamom has got fantastic shippy S/J (and sparky) animated gifs.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I hadn't heard any of this? Do we have some transcripts? I always thought she was busy with Sanctuary - I know that JM had wanted to have her for S.5 of SGA, but that she turned him down (and from what AT said, it wasn't an easy decision and she cried over it, but decided to go forward with Sanctuary).
                      She didn't start Sanctuary-related stuff until she was on SGA. At the end of her season there, she had to decide whether to sign on with SGA for another year or move on to Sanctuary. I'm sure there are interviews around where she talked about it being a very difficult decision for her, but she ultimately decided to go with Sanctuary, because without her, there would have been no Sanctuary, since she was to be the star of that show.

There's at least one convention she attended where she spoke of the situation about the contracts at the beginning of Season 10.

Comment

She didn't start Sanctuary-related stuff until she was on SGA. At the end of her season there, she had to decide whether to sign on with SGA for another year or move on to Sanctuary. I'm sure there are interviews around where she talked about it being a very difficult decision for her, but she ultimately decided to go with Sanctuary, because without her, there would have been no Sanctuary, since she was to be the star of that show.

There's at least one convention she attended where she spoke of the situation about the contracts at the beginning of Season 10.
                        Huh. Not doubting you! I just wanted to read what had been said to put into the context of stuff in my brain.

It'll be interesting to see what AT does next...

I wish I knew how to convince MGM to do some more Stargate (srsly). WE NEED MORE SHIP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
                          That's definitely the fic I read a few weeks ago - thank you!
                          Glad I could help.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Huh. Not doubting you! I just wanted to read what had been said to put into the context of stuff in my brain.

It'll be interesting to see what AT does next...

I wish I knew how to convince MGM to do some more Stargate (srsly). WE NEED MORE SHIP!!!
                            Totally in agreement with that.

People here probably already know this, but AT has been signed to play an angel on that show whose name I can't remember at the moment (yes, I know, ... shame on me ), but in which two brothers (Dean and Sam) battle against demons and other creatures. It's supposed to be a recurring role. It's up in the air as to whether her character is good or bad. I may just have to watch those episodes, even though I've never watched the show. Her first appearance is supposed to be in the 8th episode of this new season.

In her Tapping Tuesday Q&A, AT was asked what she wants to do next, and she just said that she wants to try new and different things, which was one of the reasons she directed a few episodes of "Primeval", and why she's going to play an angel.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 28 September 2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

And I didn't make them Nolamom did! Here's a link for all the gifs. She's very talented
                              Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              Nolamom has got fantastic shippy S/J (and sparky) animated gifs.
                              Thanks for the links guys - I love Nola's gifs so it's nice to know where to go to find them all
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Totally in agreement with that.

People here probably already know this, but AT has been signed to play an angel on that show whose name I can't remember at the moment (yes, I know, ... shame on me ), but in which two brothers (Dean and Sam) battle against demons and other creatures. It's supposed to be a recurring role. It's up in the air as to whether her character is good or bad. I may just have to watch those episodes, even though I've never watched the show.

In her Tapping Tuesday Q&A, AT was asked what she wants to do next, and she just said that she wants to try new and different things, which was one of the reasons she directed a few episodes of "Primeval", and why she's going to play an angel.
                                Supernatural!!!!!!!

A little art I made in honor of the role

The show is on it's 8th season so I'd recommend watching it from the beginning if able (it's all on netflix) otherwise you'll be very confused!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X