Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    According to IMDB Robert C. Cooper directed Ark of Truth.

But for all we know, it could have been by AT's request, if she felt she wanted to be at home more, or something. Or if the shooting for the movie conflicted with trying to get Sanctuary going... Who knows?
    That makes sense... she played a huge part in getting Sanctuary going. When I first heard that she turned down another season of Atlantis I was so upset and then I watched Sanctuary. They did such an amazing job with that show and it made me love AT as an actress even more. Sometimes it's hard for actresses to play another roll after being known for a show or movie series for so long. While Sanctuary was also scifi it was something different and of course the graphics are just breathtaking!!!!! Ooooo and I love the fact that so many Stargate Actors have made appearances over the years
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      There is no indication that the sidelining of Sam's character was ever an AT request. RCC's vision of the new Stargate did not involve Sam and he made that clear from the get go. AoT was just par for the course at that point.

Since the movie was filmed before SGA S4 (AT was brought over to that show by JM/PM who loved her). Unfortunately, they didn't know what to do with Sam on Atlantis either. That's when AT started looking at other options, like making her own show with DK and MW. I'm pretty sure there was no overlap between Sanctuary and AoT.
      Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that Sam and Cameron have the same rank.. or did at that point.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that Sam and Cameron have the same rank.. or did at that point.
        No. I think it had to do with the fact the RCC didn't like Sam's character. He thought she was boring and he wanted to play up the D/V thing. RCC didn't do any favors for Cam either. Especially if you look at the heavy D/V focus of the first eps of S9 you'll see that Cam was pretty much sidelined from the start as well.

Comment

No. I think it had to do with the fact the RCC didn't like Sam's character. He thought she was boring and he wanted to play up the D/V thing. RCC didn't do any favors for Cam either. Especially if you look at the heavy D/V focus of the first eps of S9 you'll see that Cam was pretty much sidelined from the start as well.
          Wow that suprises me lol... must be because I'm such a Sam fan That makes sense... there really has been a huge D/V focus especially at the beginning of season 9. I will say that I enjoyed the symmetry the movie had with that season 9 premiere. It was nice to see them end it after they started the whole thing lol. It was still really sad though it seemed like AT was more an overpaid extra then one of the stars. She didn't have a lot of lines in the movie at all.

I will say that I loved the Teal'c moments!!! He and Vala don't get a lot of them in Continuum. It was interesting to hear him talk about his guilt from acting as First Prime and everything he did before joining SG1.

Can you tell that I'm a Sam/Jack fan lol. I watched Continuum ages ago but just found the time to watch Ark of Truth lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Continuum. Ah. Now that was a movie that was full of subtle shippiness.

Sam buying the cereal. The ease between her and Jack.

The mooooonbase *snort*

^^

To me the two of them in that movie had me squeeing all over the place. Definitely a different tone from when the series had first started and it was full of angst ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
              Continuum. Ah. Now that was a movie that was full of subtle shippiness.

Sam buying the cereal. The ease between her and Jack.

The mooooonbase *snort*

^^

To me the two of them in that movie had me squeeing all over the place. Definitely a different tone from when the series had first started and it was full of angst ^^
              Yea it's a great movie, but as a shipper you gotta wonder what happened during that year and if Sam tried to talk to Jack...... the perfect movie for lost of shippy fics lol
              sigpic

Comment

Yea it's a great movie, but as a shipper you gotta wonder what happened during that year and if Sam tried to talk to Jack...... the perfect movie for lost of shippy fics lol
                I actually don't really enjoy lost year fics where S/J is involved. I've read 'em, but I have yet to feel like they are truly in character for Sam.

Here's why I don't think she reached out to Jack:

1. He's not *her* Jack. He's a different version - he's not the man who fell in love with her, who watched her over eight-ten years...he's a different man who didn't know her.

2. She was buying the generic version of Fruit Loops. FRUIT LOOPS. Only someone who was smarting would be buying something associated with a precious memory. To me that says that there's no way this Jack would ever satisfy her heart.

3. XFChemist said this once and I agree - it's like she's cheating on 'her' Jack - and I say that because I fully believe they got hitched between S.8 & S.9 (has to do with regs).

4. They would have had a close eye on her. They shoved her underground, denied her access to her very passion in science...do you think for one second they're going to let her get close? And given his reaction to her, because his son is still alive, do you think she would want to? If she's looking for a sympathetic ear, Jack "the other" O'Neill sure ain't gonna be it.

Comment

I have to agree with Nynaeve here. While I would have muched prefered to have SG-1 do something other than sit on their butts for a year from the way the movie was written I think that's exactly what they did. That's not the SG-1 I know and love, but what can you do. At any rate, I think if Sam would have done anything she would have been trying to get in touch with Cam and Daniel and get the heck back to their own timeline, not trying to score with another Jack. Just MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                    Is it Chapter 2 of her fic Embrace Me?
                    That's definitely the fic I read a few weeks ago - thank you!

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    What's your favorite way to see Jack dressed? I like it when he's uniform (dress blues) the most. Though there's that scene in "The Broca Divide"...
                    Dress blues, definitely. Gotta love a man in uniform, especially when he's oh-so-gorgeous even without it

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Oh, I'm not all that picky; he really doesn't have to wear anything on my account
                    Haha!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

RDA does carry the dress blues off rather well.
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                        Ok, I hope I'm not in trouble because I dont see the [IMG] code the mods say I should remove from an image if I'm quoting.
                        No, Ramona -that pic was directly attached from someone's computer, so there are no IMG tags to remove -you're safe.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Least favorite outfit then?

I think I'd have to go with that ridiculous outfit from WoO (the one with the neon yellow sweater five sizes too big).
                        Shall I point out here that he would have looked WAY better in his leather jacket in this scene??

As for S/J confirmation, BW has said that there was a scene in the script that is "shall we say . . . romantic."
                        *sulks because we never go to see it*

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        I actually don't really enjoy lost year fics where S/J is involved. I've read 'em, but I have yet to feel like they are truly in character for Sam. <snipped>
                        The only Continuum fic I've enjoyed is selene's -Sam didn't go looking for AU!Jack, but he can't seem to shake his feeling of responsibility for her. Strangers on a Train
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

The only Continuum fic I've enjoyed is selene's -Sam didn't go looking for AU!Jack, but he can't seem to shake his feeling of responsibility for her. Strangers on a Train
                          That's actually the one I was thinking of
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            It was well written Still didn't break my opinion of Continuum S/J fic though LOL - but I'm *really* hard to please with this sort of thing ^^

Comment

Leather jacket...

Or, as fems suggested...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X