Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
    I really like the top one. I like them both, but I like the top one better!
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 September 2012, 09:25 AM. Reason: pic tags changed.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I like Broca Divice but I have to admit to usually skipping through the boring parts on the Land of Light planet. Tuplo and co bore me to tears. The theme itself is nice and I think the addition of Janet Fraiser as CMO is one of the best decisions TPTB have made, because I like her introduction and consequent appearances. Too bad the explanation and solution behind the disease are just so wrong, though. You'd think they have a medical adviser who makes sure the things are handled well, or at least not wrong.

Obviously I really enjoy the locker room scene and its implications as well as the moment between Daniel and Jack in the control room.

Still, there are some major errors in this episode. Not only scientific but also continuity stuff, like Sam wearing her sweet little tank top number one moment in the locker room and wearing scrubs while strapped to the bed in the infirmary the next! It's implied Jack dragged her off there right away and Janet even says that the sedatives haven't kicked in yet, so how could someone possibly have changed Sam's clothes when she was "like a wild animal"? Ah well, they make for great fanfic inspiration, I guess.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

You told me that you'd be hanging around the Sam/Jack shipper thread. Broca Divide sounds like a good episode. Is it the first hint? Because, out of *all* the men on base, Sam zeroes in on Jack!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I just remembered that I made a wp about B&D kiss back then!

and Jann made this sig for me some time ago

sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            You told me that you'd be hanging around the Sam/Jack shipper thread. Broca Divide sounds like a good episode. Is it the first hint? Because, out of *all* the men on base, Sam zeroes in on Jack!
            Hi!

I like Janet's explanation for Sam's behavior (choosing a sexual partner according to who would give the strongest offspring, with the leaders of the pack/tribe often being the prime choice) because while it makes sense, it also means she could have easily gone after Teal'c (although maybe him being a Jaffa is why she didn't) or even Hammond, since he's even higher ranking than Jack. Any higher ranking officer than Sam could have been a target for her, but if you consider SG-1 being a pack then it also makes sense for Jack to beat Daniel into place when he's too interested in Jack's mate.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

oh look I made this one too!

sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                ooo so many pretties So far we've got the most art for this episode... why doesn't that surprise me
                sigpic

Comment

There's something about Jack though...

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Hi!

I like Janet's explanation for Sam's behavior (choosing a sexual partner according to who would give the strongest offspring, with the leaders of the pack/tribe often being the prime choice) because while it makes sense, it also means she could have easily gone after Teal'c (although maybe him being a Jaffa is why she didn't) or even Hammond, since he's even higher ranking than Jack. Any higher ranking officer than Sam could have been a target for her, but if you consider SG-1 being a pack then it also makes sense for Jack to beat Daniel into place when he's too interested in Jack's mate.
                    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    There's something about Jack though...
                    I'm terribly biased, I know.

I think that Janet's explaination seems logical, and goes a long way to defer any concerns about CO/subordinate attraction, but if you follow her reasoning to the logical conclusion, then Hammond or Teal'c would seem to rank higher as choice of mate.

Yeah...sure, Janet...uh-huh -that seems logical. Not.
                    *sing-song* She thinks he's gorgeous...she wants to kiss him...she wants to hug him....

sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      Yeah...sure, Janet...uh-huh -that seems logical. Not.
                      *sing-song* She thinks he's gorgeous...she wants to kiss him...she wants to hug him....

Yep, Sam and the rest of all the female fans probably think that way.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I'm terribly biased, I know.

I think that Janet's explaination seems logical, and goes a long way to defer any concerns about CO/subordinate attraction, but if you follow her reasoning to the logical conclusion, then Hammond or Teal'c would seem to rank higher as choice of mate.
                        I disagree. Hammond might have a higher rank, but in her primative state she wouldn't be thinking of rank but strength. Even though Hammond is in charge Jack is clearly younger and stronger. In a primative society he would win a challenge for leadership and clearly produce the better off-spring.

Teal'c is stronger than Jack but he is older, in a servile position, and also former enemy. Although Sam would normally trust him, in a primative frame of mind she might look upon him with suspicion.

Jack is clearly the best choice.

. . . . and Jack is hot!

Comment

The sing-song part is actually a line from Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality". LOL
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

The sing-song part is actually a line from Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality". LOL
                            Were you just watching that on the ABC Family channel? I wondered, but wasn't gonna say anything. Now that you mention it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                              I disagree. Hammond might have a higher rank, but in her primative state she wouldn't be thinking of rank but strength. Even though Hammond is in charge Jack is clearly younger and stronger. In a primative society he would win a challenge for leadership and clearly produce the better off-spring.

Teal'c is stronger than Jack but he is older, in a servile position, and also former enemy. Although Sam would normally trust him, in a primative frame of mind she might look upon him with suspicion.

Jack is clearly the best choice.

. . . . and Jack is hot!

*grumble* Darn your logic! *grumble*

...but we do both come full circle to the logical conclusion, do we not (your bolded words)?
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                Were you just watching that on the ABC Family channel? I wondered, but wasn't gonna say anything. Now that you mention it, though...
                                LOL -not today, but I did see it recently. And like all things...it made me think of S/J. I'm hopeless.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X