Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
    I'm sure it's been debated here in the past but, at what episode (point in time) do you think Jack fell in love with Sam? And vice versa?

I personally think Jack fell in love with her when he saw her willing to sacrifice her life for a child (Cassie, who was a stranger to them). I'm not sure for Sam since there was always some hero worship there. When did hers become real - I can't pick a moment. Can you?
    I'm not sure about when? I have only watched sg1 once so far and I think keeping up with the storyline I've missed so much so I'm hoping the re watch will help sort that in my mind more. I think from me noticing it I probably didn't till it was thrown in my face in season 4 but watching odd earlier episodes again I am noticing their relationship earlier. I think that they did go through several forms of love tho along the way, friendship live followed by full blown can't live without each other love
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

As promised, here is my LJ entry in response to the first episode of the rewatch:

Children of the Gods

This is a LONG one, but it has clear headers, so feel free to skip to the Sam/Jack section of the post, towards the bottom

As I said before, please feel free to add me and/or leave a comment there!
      sigpic
      Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
        I can remember in one episode quite early on Teal'c's serpent...tattoo...thing (the name of it escapes me all of a sudden, sorry!) is shown upside down for quite a time - how that one escaped anyone's notice is beyond me. Like you, I wonder what other mistakes there may have been - I'm sure between us we'll catch them during the rewatch!
        Another thing: (I'll spoiler this, just because it's not really S/J)
        Spoiler:
        In "Cold Lazarus", Sam says she doesn't get to see her brother and his family often enough. But then in "Seth" (I think), she says she hasn't seen Mark in years. Hmmm....might have to look at who the writers were on those particular eps.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
          Another thing: (I'll spoiler this, just because it's not really S/J)
          Spoiler:
          In "Cold Lazarus", Sam says she doesn't get to see her brother and his family often enough. But then in "Seth" (I think), she says she hasn't seen Mark in years. Hmmm....might have to look at who the writers were on those particular eps.
          I always explain this as her lying to her dad about not having seen him since either of his kids were born, because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him she's visited them on occasion and keeps in touch with her brother (otherwise she couldn't have known he had two kids).
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

I always explain this as her lying to her dad about not having seen him since either of his kids were born, because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him she's visited them on occasion and keeps in touch with her brother (otherwise she couldn't have known he had two kids).
            I can'tcomplain about this because it was early and the writers as yet probably had no idea where that particular storyline was going. It can also be taken as Sam being a private person (and new member of the team) would not just walk in with her problems on her sleeve. "Boo hoo, my brother doesn't speak to me because he hates that I joined the military becuse my father was a general who didn't pick up my mom on time and she died in a car wreck." So she's being truthful in that way we do with new acquaintances, and especially on a new job.

As to the faux pas with Apophis and the gate - I can't rewatch right now, but in my head, I always explained it away that the gate disengaged during the weapons play (if I recall correctly, it isn't shown being on in the background during?) and that Apophis had a wrist device that activated it. That is how I always eplained it away. Again, the writers had not established the laws of wormhole physics yet but I love how once they did, they kept the continuity of it and the entire show. As we get farther in, I'll point out other things that seem inconsistent but then you realize it fits; and see if you guys have noticed them as well.
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

The new scene had Apophis shout orders at his Jaffa and then he (or one of them) used a hand-held device to dial the gate. I don't recall the specifics but I assumed it was similar to the one Teal'c used in Continuum. Still, I really doubt one such small thing could have enough power to dial it considering how much it costs for the SGC to dial out and how they needed lightning (Ernest's planet) and those plants (Taldor prison) to power it up...
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

On a totally unrelated note, has anyone seen this? Is it a manip? It's a fantastic, gorgeous picture!

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  On a totally unrelated note, has anyone seen this? Is it a manip? It's a fantastic, gorgeous picture!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35449[/ATTACH]
                  It's a manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    It's a manipulation.
                    Too good to be true then! *sigh* I was really enraptured by it for a while.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                      I think for Sam it was something that she became aware of over time, she seems to have kind of come to terms with it by the time we get to D&C. But I think Jack only becomes aware of the fact he loves her at that fantastic moment in that ep where he shouts 'no' from behind the force shield. For me that's the turning point for Jack - even when he seems so accepting of it later when Sam mentions it on base. The shock on his face, for me, shows that he's not really considered how deeply he does feel for her up until that point. And Sam's reaction is brilliant as well, it's almost consolation and empathy.

*shivers* that scene always gives me goosebumps
                      I agree that's the moment when he becomes aware of the depth of his feelings for her, but of course for him to realise it at that moment... The feeling has een growing for a long time.

I can't think of a similar moment for Sam, but I think in 100 days during the time Jack was stuck, she had leaned her own feelings...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35449[/ATTACH]
                        be a nice christmas card cover or at least attached to their wedding invitation.
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 06 September 2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

guys, please remove the img tags when you quote a pic
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            guys, please remove the img tags when you quote a pic
                            It's an attached pic, so there are no image tags to remove and I believe it's allowed (at least it was a while ago) to quote these.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              be a nice christmas card cover or at least attached to their wedding invitation.
                              Yep! I'm thinking the wedding invite! It's such a pretty picture - taken after an evening cocktail party...something along those lines... Or...an engagement party.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Yep! I'm thinking the wedding invite! It's such a pretty picture - taken after an evening cocktail party...something along those lines... Or...an engagement party.
                                Or the mellowed after-scene of a rehearsal dinner. A fireplace in one corner as Sam and Jack relax with a comfortable heart-to-heart. Nothing too serious, since they've known for a long time that they're a done deal, but a gentle intimacy that is all the more poignant as they discuss the future they're about to embark on. Together.

Comment

Working...
                                X