Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay all Shipper re-watch

We are planning on starting this on 31st August. Initially we will post the review and start the discussion every 7 days but if everyone is okay and keeping up we may increase the frequency to every 5 days (or it is going to take a verrrrry long time to get through everything)

Huge thanks to those who have volunteered already to do reviews but we still could do with a few more shippers to join in. If you want to do a review or contribute any artwork or fic to the rewatch then please pm me or Meredithe5

looking forward to some S/J fun
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
      Okay all Shipper re-watch

We are planning on starting this on 31st August. Initially we will post the review and start the discussion every 7 days but if everyone is okay and keeping up we may increase the frequency to every 5 days (or it is going to take a verrrrry long time to get through everything)

Huge thanks to those who have volunteered already to do reviews but we still could do with a few more shippers to join in. If you want to do a review or contribute any artwork or fic to the rewatch then please pm me or Meredithe5

looking forward to some S/J fun
      I'm confused. So every 7 days a review will be posted or what's the deal? And are we goin in order of episodes?

Comment

yeah the first review COTG) will be posted on 31st August, the next episode a week later. Meredith has drawn up a schedule in rough so far, i'll get her to post it.

Once the review is posted we can discuss the episode during that week, which gives everyone time to watch and join in with the discussion when they are available
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          I'm confused. So every 7 days a review will be posted or what's the deal? And are we goin in order of episodes?
          We're going to start the rewatch on the 31st of this month. Suzi is going to post the first review then and everyone can respond and share their thoughts on the episode. If anyone has any pics, art, vids, or tag fics they'd like to share they can do that as well. They don't have to be new pieces just stuff that fits with that episode. Then on September 7th we'll post the second review and so on. I'll post the rewatch schedule as soon as it's complete. It'll list the date and reviewer for each episode for the first season. We just need a few more volunteers We have about five or so episodes then need reviewers!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
            I am so please I found this site, im just a bit sad i wasn't involved when SG1 was originally airing, and I have no excuse, i was old enough and i remember it being on, i just never got into it then. I blame the original movie, I saw it at the cinema and wasn't over impressed and i guess thats why i just didn't bother to watch the show
            I loved the original movie and I saw it in the theater as well. However, at the time the show started we didn't have Showtime so I knew nothing about it. By the time the show moved to Sci-Fi (as it was back then...) it would have been entirely off my radar. Not even sure we had that channel, to be honest.

So it wasn't until Netflix that I discovered SG-1. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've watched anything but Stargate on streaming for the last six months or so. I've seen seasons 2-8, twice through now, seasons 9-10 once through and season 1 three times through. And thanks to Amazon Prime I'm back to working my way through Altantis. I know, eventually, I'll have to stop watching Stargate on a repeat loop, but I'm going to cling as long as I can. So far only one of my friends is giving me a hard time about it - I think I can delve a little deeper yet.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I'll come reap the benefits of you guy's hard work. I can't commit to doing any work myself though (sorry). But somebody's got to read/be the audience, right? I found Stargte while watching it in syndication (but I didn't know it was syndication) on regular broadcast tv (no cable) and I did not know it was a cable show. I thought it was a cute little show for lazy Sunday afternoons but that was because the channel it was on interrupted the show every week with Nascar or golf. I was lucky if I caught two episodes in a row. Because of the interruptions and missing episodes (they did not pick up with the next ep and we were just SOL for whatever episode was supposed to air because it probably did air elsewhere but not locally. When next the show came on,it would be 2-3 epiodes ahead of where we left off!) - anyway, because of the skippage, I didn't realize how cool a show it was. All of the great story arcs were missed since there was no continuity in the shows tat were airing.

Then it happened, I was half paying attention when I realized Jack was saying something - "I care about Carter. A lot more than I am supposed to". I froze mid bite of my sandwich "What?" I totally didn't see it coming. I couldn't have been that oblivious to the ship! I have to think it was all the episode interruptus to blame. I went to the MGM web site, found out that cable was on Season 5! I rented the disks and watched Seasons 1-4, ordered cable and have been a Shipper ever since.
              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

LAST CALL FOR SEASON 1 REWATCH VOLUNTEERS!!!

If anyone else would like to do a few/some/many/one write-up for season 1, please PM me by the end of the week, and let me know how many episodes, and which ones you would or would not like to do. If you'd prefer to create some art we'd love that as well!! We'll be starting off with Children Of the Gods on August 31st. Each review will be posted on the scheduled day and then everyone can share their thoughts and opinions about our favorite couple and the episode itself. Feel free to link tag fics that you've found, along with any art or vids that fit with that episode. Let's make this a fun rewatch and I hope to see you all there

Here is a copy of the schedule so far. As you can see we don't have a lot of spots left to fill so please let me know if you'd like to do any of the remaining episodes. The open slots are in bold!!

31st August - Children of the Gods (SGSuzi)
                7th September - The Enemy Within (Meredithe5)
                14th September - Emancipation (SaraBahama)
                19th September - The Broca Divide (Brendini)
                24th September - The First Commandment (Hlndncr)
                29th September - Cold Lazarus
                4th October - The Nox (Meredithe5)
                9th October - Brief Candle (Hedwig)
                14th October - Thor's Hammer (Hlndncr)
                19th October - The Torment of Tantalus
                24th October - Bloodlines

29th October - Fire and Water (SGSuzi)
                3rd November - Hathor (Meredithe5)
                8th November - Singularity (SaraBahama)
                13th November - Cor-ai
                18th November - Enigma (Hlndncr)
                23rd November - Solitudes (SGSuzi)
                28th November - Tin Man (Brendini)
                3rd December - There But for the Grace of God (SGSuzi)
                8th December - Politics (Part 1 Meredithe5) Within the Serpent's Grasp (Part 2 Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)

Thanks!
                Last edited by meredithe5; 21 August 2012, 09:25 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Newbie here, volunteering for artwork for Season 1 rewatch! Meredithe5 has been so kind as to indulge my sudden art craving, even helping me with the photobucket account. I'll post the general link up when it's fuller, and everyone's free to use them if they want! Making banners has suddenly become so addictive, and looking at RDA all the time while choosing pictures is just not good for the heart.

I'm trying hard not to sound dumb here (!!) but how does a rewatch exactly happen? Does everyone watch the same episode on the stated date and then read the review posted the day after?
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

It's simple, the reviewer will post on the scheduled date and then on the same day or throughout the week everyone else can respond and share their thoughts and opinions. Everyone can also link vids, share pics, and fics that fit that episode. Basically it's a time to reminisce and share our love of everything stargate and the Sam and Jack relationship!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Our first official Shipper Rewatch art created by the amazing Ikorni!!

Thanks to Lucycat for volunteering to review The Torment of Tantalus. We've only got three episodes left so let me know if you'd like to do a review
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 22 August 2012, 02:42 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

*applauds Ikorni* Well done!!!!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Guys

Sweet image, but you need to downsize it. The size limits are no more than 700 pixels wide and a file size of 100K or less. That graphic was 800 pixels wide and over 300K.

thanks
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oops! Sorry, didn't know about the size limit!
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Here is the resized image created by Ikorni

sigpic

Comment

So I just finished watching the season 9 finale for the first time and I'm speechless. You gotta hand it to the writers of stargate! They really know how to write a cliff hanger. I can't imagine what it must have been like for those of you that watched the show as it aired. I'm going crazy having to wait until after work before I can watch the first episode of season ten. It must have been torture having to wait months!!

As a whole I really enjoyed the episode but I really feel like Sam took a backseat for a lot of the season. At first I was very anti Cameron, which had more to do with RDA and Jack being gone then disliking his character. Now I've grown fond of him, but sometimes it seems like Sam doesn't have as big of a role in this season as she did in the previous 8. I was on the edge of my seat when I saw her floating out in space in that spacesuit as the battle takes place before her eyes.... kind of reminds me of Apollo on Battlestar Galactica. The graphics were just amazing! I watched the episode on my HD TV and the supergate was just breathtaking... even though it was evil!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X