Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    Well I have some fic I've written for post-S.8 - I try to stay in canon or canon-compatible so I base my stories on my own interpretation of events ^^ I think S.8 is very shippy in the angst way (I trace it through in my story The Fundamental Theorem of Samantha Carter).

As for S.9 & 10, while there are some that are irked at Sam's not being in command but I tend to use the excuse that if she's not in command, she's not doing the paperwork And less paperwork means more time to do what? Fly to DC to see a certain General Jack O'Neill.

Egads. All this talk makes me want to write more fanfic for post S.8. Curse all of you.

Yay I love new fics... though I've already got a list a mile long that I need to read thanks to everyone's recommendations!
    sigpic

Comment

Egads. All this talk makes me want to write more fanfic for post S.8. Curse all of you.
      *twirls invisible moustache* Ahhhh! All part of the plan...
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        *snort* bahaha... so evil. But I love it. What does that say about me? lol
        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

well continuing on my S8 first watch marathon, we watched endgame through to it's good to be a king last night.

Lots and lots of shippy moments, but i'm possibly looking too much into it now.

In endgame, Jack's refusal to destroy the ship Sam was on, I know at the end Daniel was on it too tho, and the comment at the end when they came back through the gate about it being a tough decision.

gemini was full of shippy undercurrants, with the replicarter highlighting a lot of Sam's thoughts, which I think made her then think about her current situation, and her comments about betrayel at the end i felt had connotations too, and of course the bit at the begining with the 2 sam carters and jack saying 'if only'

It's good to be a King again some lovely shippiness, the scene on the ship as they blew up the Go'uld ship was lovely, the smiles and looks between them, and the hand on the shoulder at the end made me smile. Jack's comment 'yeah, of course you do' when she said she needed more time i interpreted to mean other things as well not sure if thats my imagination though.

prometheous unbound obviously no shippiness at all, well not of the J/S kind but a good episode all the same, and i must say we have been ;laughing really hard at some of the stuff this series, all the characters seem to have gained a bit of Jacks comedy factor into the show
          sigpic
          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

:: glowers ::

I've been playing with an idea for a fic set when Sam heads to Atlantis. Because I do think they were together and there's so much stuff that had to go into her deciding to go and him being okay with sending her. I think Jack has always been supportive of what Sam wants to do, of her career, of who she is. I think if she woke up and said "I want to do underwater basket weaving", he'd find a way to make that happen for her and he'd love her the whole way through. So I just imagine this bittersweetness from her career advancement (promotion!) and the pleasure he would get from supporting her mixed with this sadness at being parted.

And of course, I dealt with the coming home part in my fic Northern Skies, so it's that middle piece I have to write.

UGH. >.< Dang it. Now you made me think more on it. You are evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeevil.

Comment

I've been playing with an idea for a fic set when Sam heads to Atlantis. Because I do think they were together and there's so much stuff that had to go into her deciding to go and him being okay with sending her. I think Jack has always been supportive of what Sam wants to do, of her career, of who she is. I think if she woke up and said "I want to do underwater basket weaving", he'd find a way to make that happen for her and he'd love her the whole way through. So I just imagine this bittersweetness from her career advancement (promotion!) and the pleasure he would get from supporting her mixed with this sadness at being parted.

And of course, I dealt with the coming home part in my fic Northern Skies, so it's that middle piece I have to write.

UGH. >.< Dang it. Now you made me think more on it. You are evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeevil.

Comment

*best Teal'c impression -eyebrow raised* Indeed.

Being evil benefits me...I get to read the fic! If you need to distract the Muse, send her to pester Pol into a new chapter of Campfire. I've tried, but I'm afraid I'm bordering on obnoxious.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I find that there are just some episodes that I can't re-watch in anyway, like Chimera or Affinity or even some parts of Threads, whereas those like Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer are probably overly squealed over.

Fanfic definitely helps fuel the addiction, of course.
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

If only they'd kept that deleted Atlantis scene in the show
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      I find that there are just some episodes that I can't re-watch in anyway, like Chimera or Affinity or even some parts of Threads, whereas those like Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer are probably overly squealed over.

Fanfic definitely helps fuel the addiction, of course.
                      I agree wholeheartedly!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                        If only they'd kept that deleted Atlantis scene in the show
                        Nooooo I don't like the Atlantis scene. I prefer to think they were together since Threads and the scene in Trio makes it sound like they still haven't gotten together.

:: shifty eyes :: That's just my opinion obviously.

Comment

Nooooo I don't like the Atlantis scene. I prefer to think they were together since Threads and the scene in Trio makes it sound like they still haven't gotten together.

:: shifty eyes :: That's just my opinion obviously.
                          i think it makes it sound like they are together, but they can't be open about it still until Jack retires
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                            i think it makes it sound like they are together, but they can't be open about it still until Jack retires
                            I prefer my interpretation LOL. I say they got married between S.8 & 9 (military regulations are very strict - however if they were married, the USAF would absolutely accommodate them somehow - if they aren't, they technically can be ordered to cease a relationship). That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

It's why Sam feels so comfy at Jack's cabin. Because it's half hers now too

Comment

I'm probably going get shot at here, but I'm actually open to the possibility of them somehow doing things behind the scenes prior the mess of Season 7 and 8. But I were to stick to canon, the end of Threads does sound like the most plausible place where both of them would have moved on together.

When I first watched Atlantis' deleted scene, it sounded as though they were still dallying! Now we can't have that, can we?
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I prefer my interpretation LOL. I say they got married between S.8 & 9 (military regulations are very strict - however if they were married, the USAF would absolutely accommodate them somehow - if they aren't, they technically can be ordered to cease a relationship). That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

It's why Sam feels so comfy at Jack's cabin. Because it's half hers now too
                                I agree 100%. I don't think they'd take the chance with the regs and I don't think after everything they've been through they would hesitate once they made the decision.

I think the scene in Trio was a compromise between the PTB who wanted to confirm S/J and those who didn't; so once again they just screw it up. So for the most part I would rather they just let it alone because ultimately we shippers can do soooo much better for Sam and Jack than they every will.

Comment

Working...
                                X