No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i guess if i want my confirmed love stories i'll have to go back to watching twilight and pride and prejudice, but Jack and Sam are much more fun
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I believe both RDA and AT have said they (Jack and Sam) are together. Am sure AT did so, she even gave a few descriptions of what kind of confirmation scene should have been in the show and she has also said there was too much tension for them not to end up in bed (paraphrasing here).
      Thats nice to hear

and I agree the amount of time they have both nearly died, and the situations they have been in I'm suprised they haven't ended up in bed sooner, thats without the tension
      sigpic

Comment

lol lots of tension... you gotta give them props for not acting on it lol When they finally gave in they were probably locked away at his cabin for days!!
        sigpic

Comment

sg-1fanintn-RDA-for-the-shi.jpg

Sg-1fanintn posted this on ship day. Did he really hold/write this or is this a manip
          sigpic

Comment

I believe both RDA and AT have said they (Jack and Sam) are together. Am sure AT did so, she even gave a few descriptions of what kind of confirmation scene should have been in the show and she has also said there was too much tension for them not to end up in bed (paraphrasing here).
            Yep....I recall this from AT as well.... *goes looking for the transcript somewhere*

Found it

Spoiler:
            Question: What's your take on Sam and Jack's relationship?

AT: Sleeping together. Once he's retired....crazy, mad, passionate love. Way too much sexual tension for it not to pay off. Then, they'll take it from there. Dating....fishing...dating...

*grin*

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
            lol lots of tension... you gotta give them props for not acting on it lol When they finally gave in they were probably locked away at his cabin for days!!
            Indeed. Needs to be a fic for that.... *glances at sleeping muse*
            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
              Yep....I recall this from AT as well.... *goes looking for the transcript somewhere*

Found it

Spoiler:

AT: Sleeping together. Once he's retired....crazy, mad, passionate love. Way too much sexual tension for it not to pay off. Then, they'll take it from there. Dating....fishing...dating...
              WOOHOO! See, I knew it!
              The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]35121[/ATTACH]

Sg-1fanintn posted this on ship day. Did he really hold/write this or is this a manip
                I think that's a manip because I recall seeing a similar pic of him holding up a check of some kind.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I think that's a manip because I recall seeing a similar pic of him holding up a check of some kind.
                  It is a manip. You'll see another manip around with AT holding up a piece of paper at a con panel along a similar theme.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    It is a manip. You'll see another manip around with AT holding up a piece of paper at a con panel along a similar theme.
                    That's too bad. It would be cool if they had done that. I'll tell you what -- I've got someone who apparently had RDA at his wedding that is trying to get him now involved on our getting a Stargate campaign for our wedding -- if, by some miracle, we are able to get RDA in on it, I'll ask him if I can get a picture of him holding up a sign for all us shippers
                    The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Found it

Spoiler:

*grin*

ooooh thanks for that, nice to know that AT herself believes that it was a happy ending
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                        This discussion brings to mind a post I made just over two years ago on the Appreciation thread. It's not about season eight. It's a reflection over the years. But I think it provides insight to what was going on "live" and what might have contributed to where the show ended up going. And here I insert the usual disclaimer that this is my opinion. Therefore it's spoilered.
                        T. -that's how I came to Stargate...hubs and I with a mutual love of sci-fi (his incredible love of guns and all things military), and a nice action/adventure show. I began to notice the ship in the same way you did. From there our stories diverge: I was without regular cable, so for years we only saw reruns of the first 4 seasons (maybe 3 seasons...because I didn't even see D&C until last year). I didn't even come to GW until May 2011 -by that time the armies had warred and moved on. I've been told by remaining members that the current residents are generally more peaceable and kind.

I have to say that I'm glad I missed the bad ole days.

I also have to say that while I am a HUGE shipper (having allowed that to stew at a nuanced temperature for years), I also love the complexity of the team dynamic, and the greater story of the SG world. I can see the trouble the writers had balancing all this out to suit the desires of all the franchise fans. Did I mention that I'm grateful to have missed the war?

Jack and Sam's self control and self sacrifice to serve their world is extremely compelling to me. Now, I would be inconsolably sad if I thought they never got together after 'Threads' (which is one of the things that brought me here), therefore I refuse to think that way. I don't need confirmation -I lives in my head...at the same time, I wouldn't say no if it was offered.

I'm just sorry you had to go through all of that.

Originally posted by TabsV View Post
                        I can imagine, if someone went up and asked Amanda Tapping or RDA whether Sam and Jack actually got together towards the end, they would both likely give that coy, knowing smile we all know they do, and shrug their shoulders with some excuse about how the 'writer's never told them'. But we would still all know
                        I was going to post quote, but sasha beat me to it!

*Curtly shakes head 'no' ...hides gummi bears & oreos....*
                        *stern look*...don't you have schoolwork to do??
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Jack and Sam's self control and self sacrifice to serve their world is extremely compelling to me. Now, I would be inconsolably sad if I thought they never got together after 'Threads' (which is one of the things that brought me here), therefore I refuse to think that way. I don't need confirmation -I lives in my head...at the same time, I wouldn't say no if it was offered.
                          Me too Sara. I like the room the lack of confirmation has given my muse...haha

*Curtly shakes head 'no' ...hides gummi bears & oreos....*
                          *stern look*...don't you have schoolwork to do??
                          *mumbles about the repression of fiction before getting back to Uni essay* I'm going, I'm going.... lol
                          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            {{snipped}}
                            I also have to say that while I am a HUGE shipper (having allowed that to stew at a nuanced temperature for years), I also love the complexity of the team dynamic, and the greater story of the SG world. I can see the trouble the writers had balancing all this out to suit the desires of all the franchise fans. Did I mention that I'm grateful to have missed the war?

I'm just sorry you had to go through all of that.
                            {{snipped}}
                            The team and story is what kept me watching the show, especially in the early seasons. I never would have kept watching if the characters were shallow and the stories were lame.

Looking back now, I think I understand how difficult it must have been for the PTB. They wanted to tell their story, develop their characters, all the while keeping fans watching so the network would keep the show on the air. Meanwhile we fans were clawing at each other and bombarding the PTB with ranting, raving, begging and pleading. The PTB must have felt like they were fighting a war.

It's taken me a long, long...longlong time to feel what I feel now. Time heals? No, I don't think I'm "healed" into accepting Threads as the confirmation. I think I've just given up. Especially now that I know we'll never see confirmation.

I do still hold out hope for that big honkin' kiss or one or both of them saying the "L-word" to each other or some other sort of in-your-face generally accepted form of a domestic scene depicting "coupleness."

Please don't feel sad.
                            Last edited by UhSir; 31 July 2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Well, how's the day, shippers?

I'm JM and I'm new to Gateworld.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

It's taken me a long, long...longlong time to feel what I feel now. Time heals? No, I don't think I'm "healed" into accepting Threads as the confirmation. I think I've just given up. Especially now that I know we'll never see confirmation.

I do still hold out hope for that big honkin' kiss or one or both of them saying the "L-word" to each other or some other sort of in-your-face generally accepted form of a domestic scene depicting "coupleness."
                                That's it. I like it. I agree. I'm okay too, but it would nave been nice for a tiny bit of confirmation cake...

Originally posted by John Emmanuel Ramos View Post
                                Well, how's the day, shippers?

I'm JM and I'm new to Gateworld.
                                Greetings JM. New shippers are welcome here

Comment

Working...
                                X