Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    I saw this too. Aaaannd we're waiting...and waiting. Did I mention I hate waiting?
    its funny around this time last year, that we found out that sgu was being cancelled now a year later we get this article. concidience.... i think not. Come on third movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      its funny around this time last year, that we found out that sgu was being cancelled now a year later we get this article. concidience.... i think not. Come on third movie.
      Oh, if only! But I figure it's either comic idea, as commented on earlier, or some kind of webseries. Either way, I don't think I would consider any confirmation offered in those mediums as true canon. A film? Absolutely. Webseries? Only if we see RDA and AT actually kissing and snuggling for real, even if it's just thirty seconds of them being a couple. Comic? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        Oh, if only! But I figure it's either comic idea, as commented on earlier, or some kind of webseries. Either way, I don't think I would consider any confirmation offered in those mediums as true canon. A film? Absolutely. Webseries? Only if we see RDA and AT actually kissing and snuggling for real, even if it's just thirty seconds of them being a couple. Comic? No way.
        I would be up for any of the above really I think. However it's looking more like it will be some sort of game that will link in to social media so not much hope of confirmation. *humph*

Terra Atlantus seems to be on the money in this thread...

But we can hope...
        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

They have made an SG game in the past for PC (I think), so they could be making another one. That would be cool. They have done it for Dark Angel, Alias and a few others...why not Stargate? Although, I would imagine they may have new characters instead of the originals. A comic would be cool too I think, or a webseries...or it could even turn out just to be a cartoon series or something like that. More stargate means that there is still a marketable thing there, so, the fans are still out there despite some of the fanfic sites biting the dust lately.
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Watched The Tomb today, and there was really nothing that could be considered ship (even with shippy glasses!)

I had to wonder if Jack would have been so quick to finish searching the tomb (and postpone finding an exit) if it was Sam who was attacked instead of the female Russian. That would have given us some shippy moments!

Also, it's too bad they killed off the Russian Colonel after he saved Jack's life. It would have been better if Jack went back to dig him out and help him to safety, to re-iterate the "no man left behind" mantra.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              Watched The Tomb today, and there was really nothing that could be considered ship (even with shippy glasses!)

I had to wonder if Jack would have been so quick to finish searching the tomb (and postpone finding an exit) if it was Sam who was attacked instead of the female Russian.
              I think in that episode Jack would have been careful not to show too much, seeing as the Russians would use anything against them if they had all gotten back to undermine their abilities as a unit. I think he was just so unflinchingly military he wasn't even letting himself wear shippee glases himself. As for if it was Sam, I think he would have acted the same, albeit with a little more care, while inside his head he would have been planting C4 and blowing stuff up to get her out (even if he was only imagining it) lol
              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I quite liked The Tomb and think that Sasha is right - they were operating in pure military mode then.

I watched The Nox today and was reminded of how much I loved it. I think my favorite moment is when Nefreyu introduces himself to Sam and we see sam really smile at him, and then Jack goes and says "no, you can't keep him".

It's an adorable moment. The smile makes it, but Jack's comment is icing on the cake.

Comment

I've been watching Season 6 this afternoon, and in watching "Descent", when they're all sitting around the control room after Sam and Jack have nearly drowned, and they're discussing the "virus", everyone expresses an opinion about what it might be, and then Jack turns to Sam and says: "Carter?", as though he was just dismissing everyone else's thought and only felt that Sam's opinion was worth anything.

DAVIS: It's definitely a voice. Give me a second, I'll see if I can clean it up.

JONAS: Why would it be so distorted?

DAD: Anubis probably tried to shut it off.

JACK: (Looks at her) Carter??

SAM: Well, the security program that locked us in that corridor didn't just shut down by itself.

Comment

Today I watched "Between Two Fires", and those Tollan are irksome! I don't think the people deserved the fate, but the Koran (ruling body) certainly did! They should have contacted SG-1 and disclosed everything to them up-front, you know Jack would have come up with a plan to get Tanith's ship and save (or relocate) the Tollan. But their holier-than-thou attitude was their downfall.

But at least it's an end to Narim's creepy obsession with Sam. My favorite line is Jack saying, "Narim, get your head out of your a$$!"

Shippy glasses on.... at the end of the briefing with General Hammond where Sam suggests they "bug" the trinium, George says... "Do it!" to which Jack and Sam stand up simultaneously and turn and look at each other. Like, hey Carter, the General just told us to "do it" so let's get going!

Okay, so maybe that's more of my mind in the gutter...

Comment

Today I watched "Between Two Fires", and those Tollan are irksome! I don't think the people deserved the fate, but the Koran (ruling body) certainly did! They should have contacted SG-1 and disclosed everything to them up-front, you know Jack would have come up with a plan to get Tanith's ship and save (or relocate) the Tollan. But their holier-than-thou attitude was their downfall.

But at least it's an end to Narim's creepy obsession with Sam. My favorite line is Jack saying, "Narim, get your head out of your a$$!"

Shippy glasses on.... at the end of the briefing with General Hammond where Sam suggests they "bug" the trinium, George says... "Do it!" to which Jack and Sam stand up simultaneously and turn and look at each other. Like, hey Carter, the General just told us to "do it" so let's get going!

Okay, so maybe that's more of my mind in the gutter...
                      Baha definite gutter mind lol

Comment

Here's an article about the Stargate Novels from the GW home page:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...argate-novels/

Comment

Watched 2010 today. Nothing shippy, unfortunately. Well, except the possibility that Jack may have been slightly jealous when Faxon asked Sam out, but he just smiled it away. I choose to believe he was jealous, but I think he also thought it was cute that Sam had another admirer.

I like Joe okay in 2010 (not 2001!) It was nice for Sam to have an admirer that she seemed to actually like, not like the others that I think just confused and/or creeped her out like Martouf, Narium, Orlin and Graham (that gate tech guy who had a crush).

On the Jack drool-o-meter, it was off the scale in this ep! He wore his dress blues in quite a few scenes and he looked so good. I had to pause the DVD and just look at him a few times!

Comment

Watched 2010 today. Nothing shippy, unfortunately. Well, except the possibility that Jack may have been slightly jealous when Faxon asked Sam out, but he just smiled it away. I choose to believe he was jealous, but I think he also thought it was cute that Sam had another admirer.

I like Joe okay in 2010 (not 2001!) It was nice for Sam to have an admirer that she seemed to actually like, not like the others that I think just confused and/or creeped her out like Martouf, Narium, Orlin and Graham (that gate tech guy who had a crush).

On the Jack drool-o-meter, it was off the scale in this ep! He wore his dress blues in quite a few scenes and he looked so good. I had to pause the DVD and just look at him a few times!
                            i'm totally confused. Jack didn't wear his dress blues in either 2010 or 2001. What other episode did you watch? (Ooops. Yes, he did. In the limousine with Kinsey in "2001", but that was the only bit that I remember him wearing his dress blues.)

I liked Joe enough in 2001, because he didn't get to the stage of betraying the human race. He got to have lunch with Sam, and then he sacrificed himself to let her jump into the event horizon from the harvester.

In 2010 he wanted Jack and the others to sacrifice themselves while he dragged Sam away to save himself and her. Yeah, like Sam would ever let that happen!

And I thought Graham Simmons was really cute. He wasn't a stalker like the other guys all seemed to be.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 17 May 2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Ha weird, I watched this yesterday as well. I do like it as an episode because there's all the little foreshadowing bits from 2010. It all seems too good to be true. And we get to see Teal'c and Daniel playing detective, which is very very cute. I just see them as two little kids with Daniel always egging Teal'c on to go into the dangerous places to find cool stuff. But maybe that's just me.

You're right on the shippy front, Jack doesn't even bat an eye when Sam's interested in Faxon. I guess Jack is happy that she is happy. There's a little bit of worry at the end when Sam's done her very dramatic exit from the gate and she's obviously in a lot of pain. It's enough to elicit a shippy sigh from me
                              Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                i'm totally confused. Jack didn't wear his dress blues in either 2010 or 2001. What other episode did you watch? (Ooops. Yes, he did. In the limousine with Kinsey in "2001", but that was the only bit that I remember him wearing his dress blues.)
                                He also wore his dress blues during the briefing with all the top brass, which took place after the opening credits.

Comment

Working...
                                X