Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    That's just it isn't it? The wierdness is normal for them now. Ooops we're in another galaxy a billion lightyears from home. "Shoulda let the dog out."
    *snort* exactly. love them.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thanks Hedwig! Now I remember

That's just it isn't it? The wierdness is normal for them now. Ooops we're in another galaxy a billion lightyears from home. "Shoulda let the dog out."
      And the cat
      sigpic
      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Yay! Great pics! That is the best scene of that entire episode!

Comment

In Ascenion there is a lonely Ancient who takes one look at Carter and falls in love. Not that I blame him, she is pretty and smart. But what about Daniel? Seriously. To be asceneded is to give up your physical body and exist as energy in a higher plane of existance, correct? Daniel is pretty and smart and (to one-up Carter) has prior knowledge of Ancients due to his experience at Keb. I personally think the story would have been better if the Ancient went for Daniel. Now, is it because I'm baised as a shipper? Probably. But there it is.

Orlin is creepy and he stalks Sam until he bullies her into doing the shared essence thing. Again... creepy. And then no one at base believes her, not even Jack, which is just so wrong. I mean, how much crap have they all seen and done over the years? Sam does not deserve to be treated like this.

Jack is very gruff with her, from the "As we met" comment to him trying to brush her off in the corrider on the way to the bathroom. This, again, is not like him (imo). Perhaps he's under stress from Hammond and Simmons about the weapons test. Perhpas he is trying to distance himself after the events of the past year. He does stand up for her later, though, when he tells Simmons he ordered her to get intel from Orlin.

When Jack and Teal'c show up at her house with pizza and Star Wars, you can feel the tension between them when he thinks she has a date and he tries to peek in the door. That was cute. On the commentary Martin Wood says that Jack's, "You know me and Sci-fi" line is so RDA, because it's true and the only thing he watches is the Simpsons and Carter. Liked that comment!

I did like the mini-Stargate in the basement. That's about all I liked about Orlin.

Comment

In Fifth Man Sam is so worried about Jack that she initially defies General Hammond and would not give up her weapon upon entering the gateroom from the planet. The look on her face is so mutinous that Hammond actually had the other SFs surround her! Later, she convinces Janet not to report the hallucination to Hammond so she can find the cure and allow them to go back and save Jack.

Comment

I was watching Line in the Sand today and had a few thoughts.

I'll go with the good first. I love the little hints and asides that Sam gives that obviously relate to Jack. Like when she says "d'oh" when Cam gives her decaf coffee and when she thinks she's dying, she asks him to look up a file for "Cassie and other people" which has the password "fishing". These are lovely little hints that give hope to us shippers in these post Jack O'Neill seasons.

However, I have some serious issues with Sam's characterisation in this episode. I've spoilered the next bit as it's not strictly Sam/Jack.

Spoiler:
              This is one of the few times where we see Sam in a real death-could-be-imminent situation caused by an injury. But for once she seems to just lie down and take it. Cam has to talk her round into "believing" again. And it just seems a little too convenient. What I mean to say is the scenes where he's comforting Sam seem to be geared towards showing his character in the best possible light, that he's fighting to keep her alive and with him. And so Sam seems OOC because of this. When have we ever known her to sit back and accept her own demise? I can't think of any scenarios, but if other people can, please let me know!

The situation is pretty desperate but not any more so than any number of other situations they've been in. Yes she has a life threatening injury but that didn't stop her when she was aboard the Prometheus or being chased by a Kull warrior did it? And for me those were pretty serious injuries. So what ideas do we have for why Sam would be so down-trodden and ready to admit defeat in this particular situation? I can't think of any apart from the writers wanting to show off Cam's strength and understanding as a character. And don't get me wrong I like Cam, but not at the expense of Sam's character.

Rant over. Apologies. I still love this episode for the Jack hints.
              Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                When Jack and Teal'c show up at her house with pizza and Star Wars, you can feel the tension between them when he thinks she has a date and he tries to peek in the door. That was cute. On the commentary Martin Wood says that Jack's, "You know me and Sci-fi" line is so RDA, because it's true and the only thing he watches is the Simpsons and Carter. Liked that comment!

I did like the mini-Stargate in the basement. That's about all I liked about Orlin.
                Anyone care to speculate on what would have happened if Sam had allowed Jack and Teal'c into the house?

Comment

Lucy I agree with you; Orlin is creepy!

This is what I had to say about LitS: earlier comment.

I agree that Sam seemed awfully whimpy in comparison to past situations. I hadn't considered that it might be the writers propping up Cam's character, but certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

My big beef is that Landry takes Vala's opinion over Sam's much more reasoned and knowledgeable advice. Typical of these later seasons!

But at least we know Sam thinks about Fishing often.

Comment

Lucy I agree with you; Orlin is creepy!

This is what I had to say about LitS: earlier comment.

I agree that Sam seemed awfully whimpy in comparison to past situations. I hadn't considered that it might be the writers propping up Cam's character, but certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

My big beef is that Landry takes Vala's opinion over Sam's much more reasoned and knowledgeable advice. Typical of these later seasons!

But at least we know Sam thinks about Fishing often.
                    I hadn't seen the previous post about the episode, thanks for the link. The whole premise of the episode does seem a bit off. Landry must have been under a LOT of pressure from the IOA to push the tech through even though Sam doesn't think it's ready.

I like to think of it as the episode where Sam mentions fishing and is therefore in a relationship with Jack. The end.

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                      I hadn't seen the previous post about the episode, thanks for the link. The whole premise of the episode does seem a bit off. Landry must have been under a LOT of pressure from the IOA to push the tech through even though Sam doesn't think it's ready.

I like to think of it as the episode where Sam mentions fishing and is therefore in a relationship with Jack. The end.
                      I was just too lazy to write my opinion out again since I haven't changed my mind.

Comment

I was just too lazy to write my opinion out again since I haven't changed my mind.
                        Lol, totally ok with that!

Chapter 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                          Yep! I wonder...did Cam know the significance of 'fishing'? Cos if he did, he wouldn't have thought it would be so easy for her to change her password
                          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Can someone bring me up to speed on where we are supposed to be in the rewatch? I fell behind and just rewatched 'Threads'. SO worth it!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              Can someone bring me up to speed on where we are supposed to be in the rewatch? I fell behind and just rewatched 'Threads'. SO worth it!
                              Don't you just HATE when that happens? lol
                              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                We are in S9 with the rewatch, but I have some problems with it, it's not shippy enough.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X