• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    On my DVD, Jack clearly says "Sara". .
    Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Yes--he's saying "Sara". .
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I'm not remembering specific episodes, but there are others where the subtitles conflict with what was actually said on the original English versions.
    Yes, he says Sara, but in the Italian version he says Sam (...ehm we clearly have shipper dubbers )
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Love those Italians!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        Yes, he says Sara, but in the Italian version he says Sam (...ehm we clearly have shipper dubbers )
        Well, Italian IS a Romance Language. . .
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Which is one of the reasons I watch them without subtitles. I'd rather rewind to hear what they were saying/mumbling than check the subtitles which sometimes don't correspond with what's being said, be that in English or a different language.
          Well, the box sets I have for S2 and S3 do not have any subtitles. I guess because they are older releases. I don't usually put them on, except when I want to watch while I'm on the treadmill. It's very loud, so if there are no subtitles I have to put the volume up very high.

Comment

Well, Italian IS a Romance Language. . .
            But only because it's from Rome

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              In the Hungarian version Jack says Sam too. We Hungarian are romantic.

Comment

so due to me house sitting for the past week, i wasn't able to watch any SG-1, so i'm catching up and i'm up to shades of grey and watching Jack/Daniel Scene at Jack's house, made wonder how the scene would've gone if Sam was the one who drew the short straw and came to visit jack.

Comment

LCJS -I'm behind as well...crazy week at work!

I am afraid if Sam had drawn the short straw, he would have had to be as brutal on her as he was on Daniel to maintain the cover he was building. As it was, what he said to her in the corridor (about "NOW I'm acting like myself") left her with a confused, wounded look.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    LCJS -I'm behind as well...crazy week at work!

I am afraid if Sam had drawn the short straw, he would have had to be as brutal on her as he was on Daniel to maintain the cover he was building. As it was, what he said to her in the corridor (about "NOW I'm acting like myself") left her with a confused, wounded look.
                    Although that line always seemed shippy to me. Who knows? We may have had a "Lost City" conversation on our hands.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Although that line always seemed shippy to me. Who knows? We may have had a "Lost City" conversation on our hands.
                      true but it wouldn't have been the same.

Comment

AKA!!! *Squee* How u doing??
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          so due to me house sitting for the past week, i wasn't able to watch any SG-1, so i'm catching up and i'm up to shades of grey and watching Jack/Daniel Scene at Jack's house, made wonder how the scene would've gone if Sam was the one who drew the short straw and came to visit jack.
                          There a few fics where it was Sam who confronted Jack at his house.

Here are a couple, oddly enough they have the same title.
                          The Short Straw by Annerb

and

The Short Straw by missparker, due some content I am linking to her author pages at ff-net and AO3
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

*runs to the keyboard*
                            Happy UK shipoween everyone
                            *runs away from the keyboard*

*runs back to the keyboard*
                            missed everyone

*jumps away from the keyboard*
                            sigpic

Comment

I can totally see that line as shippy, too!
                              sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                                There a few fics where it was Sam who confronted Jack at his house.
                                Here are a couple, oddly enough they have the same title.
                                The Short Straw by Annerb
                                Thanks for rec'ing iiradned. I enjoyed the Annerb the best of the two -it read so well that I forgot I was reading (it felt more like watching an ep).

A few shippy observations of the rewatch eps. Please forgive if I'm a little incoherant or choppy -very tired tonight:

100 Days

I have made it no secret that this is one of my least favorite eps. It's pretty painful for me to watch. But...some of the shippy moments:
                                * Him bantering with Carter about "sucking the fun out of it" during the fire rain.
                                * Her obvious concern when Jack leaves with Laira to go to the caves to find her son ("Sir?")
                                * She tries to raise him on the radio at the gate and waits until the last possible moment to go through without him.
                                * Him looking back toward the impact site from the cave entrance (I can't help but think he's wondering if the team...and Sam...made it through the gate in time).
                                * Her "Thank God" when the connection is re-established.
                                * The look on her face when Hammond says he's going to declare Jack MIA.
                                * Her using Sokar's work to rewrite the laws of wormhole physics (a field she pioneered) to figure a way to get him home.
                                * Janet & Sam's conversation: "You miss him." "Yeah." "Is this a problem?" "No...of course not."
                                * He let's Laira know that there is a part of him that will never let go of what he left behind (my shippy glasses are in place on this as well).
                                * That last scene when he brushes past her to talk to Laira, and she hears the conversation (with Daniel's "I don't think he was expecting to go home again" ringing in her head) -the pained expression on her face tears at my heart every time.

This ep has so much more than this -the friendship and dedication of the team, the poor Edorans stuck on Earth during this time...so much more. But there you have it. I'm going to bed...
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X