No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, y'all have convinced me - I must look beyond the boundaries of Netflix. Sounds too good to pass up! Plus it'll be good to see "Aris".
    sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      That actor also played Flash Gordon in a really campy movie version of F.G. many years ago.
      With bleached hair. And the score was by Queen.

Comment

One of my all time favorite soundtracks. I am singing it now! "Flash! Ah-ah! Savior of the Universe!" And the vaguely SG-1 in the middle of that song. . . "Flash, I love you! But we only have 14 hours to save the universe!" I can just see/hear Sam saying this to Jack in some frantic moment.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          That actor also played Flash Gordon in a really campy movie version of F.G. many years ago.
          Extra green to hedwig for making that connection...it's been bothering me for awhile that I recognized that actor from somewhere! I saw that verision of Flash Gordon (and thanks, AKA, for the soundtrack -THAT'S going to be stuck in my head all night!) when I was an impressionable teen. It's kind of cheezy, but I watched it over and over and over again.

...and now I know the actor played Aris!!
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

you wanna know something REALLY interesting? a couple of weeks after that episode aired on showtime, i found myself up late one night and i was watching tv and i came across the flash gordon movie and i was like to myself: is that Aris Boch? and then on second glance i was like wow it is him.

Comment

Originally posted by HayleeDex View Post
              Season 2 is a great one! And RDA's grey hair is coming in during it, which I admit to being very partial to
              I don't think either season 1 or season 2 are shippy. IMO, in season 1 Jack was still in love with his wife and in season 2 he was mourning his marriage.

re the gray...
              Spoiler:
              The only reason RDA didn't have gray hair in season 1 is because they dyed it. He was going gray during MacGyver (which they hid by bleaching him blonder and blonder). Proof of his grayness pre-SG-1 can be found on his own website, in pictures of him in Pandora's Clock.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                re the gray...
                Spoiler:
                The only reason RDA didn't have gray hair in season 1 is because they dyed it. He was going gray during MacGyver (which they hid by bleaching him blonder and blonder). Proof of his grayness pre-SG-1 can be found on his own website, in pictures of him in Pandora's Clock.
                Seaboe
                Spoiler:
                I always assumed they dyed it in the pilot so that it would better match the 'character' of Jack that had been played by Kurt Russell (who was also not gray in the role). Part of the reason I like him silver better is because it looks natural -the brown color they dyed him doesn't hold a candle to it.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I always assumed they dyed it in the pilot so that it would better match the 'character' of Jack that had been played by Kurt Russell (who was also not gray in the role). Part of the reason I like him silver better is because it looks natural -the brown color they dyed him doesn't hold a candle to it.
                  Spoiler:
                  I read (or heard) somewhere that they dyed it brown because that's RDA's original hair color. I like him brown or gray; I wasn't wild about the blond.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    I read (or heard) somewhere that they dyed it brown because that's RDA's original hair color. I like him brown or gray; I wasn't wild about the blond.

Seaboe
                    WORD! ...I still favor the gray, though (perhaps because my hubs is silvering?)
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      One of my all time favorite soundtracks. I am singing it now! "Flash! Ah-ah! Savior of the Universe!" And the vaguely SG-1 in the middle of that song. . . "Flash, I love you! But we only have 14 hours to save the universe!" I can just see/hear Sam saying this to Jack in some frantic moment.
                      That would be so them!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                        That would be so them!
                        Yes, that is so them. I however picture saying that with her hands deep in some doohickey with her head thinking about the next doohickey she has to get to and coming to with pesky little things like food and drink. Of course, the solution would be for to spoon feed while she works.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                          Yes, that is so them. I however picture saying that with her hands deep in some doohickey with her head thinking about the next doohickey she has to get to and coming to with pesky little things like food and drink. Of course, the solution would be for to spoon feed while she works.
                          That would get messy... and not very practical. I don't think Carter would stand for it, if only because she wouldn't want crumbs getting in her doohickey. And the whole self-sufficiency thing. But that's only a problem on base. At home she lets him feed her all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            That would get messy... and not very practical. I don't think Carter would stand for it, if only because she wouldn't want crumbs getting in her doohickey. And the whole self-sufficiency thing. But that's only a problem on base. At home she lets him feed her all the time.
                            There would be no crumbs if it's cubes of blue jell-o!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              There would be no crumbs if it's cubes of blue jell-o!
                              Oh, there you go! Good one!

Comment

Past and Present

Um...not very shippy. (If I'm missing something...please speak up).

Jolinar's Memories

Jack lightly teasing Sam at the beginning when the receive the Tok'ra GDO "Maybe it's Dad..."

His significant look when Hammond assures Sam that they will bring her father back alive "Yes, Sir. We will." It seems like a promise he's making her (imo).

The first time the memory device is used, and Sam remembers her mother's death, she let's out a broken "Oh God" and Jack winces. Even Daniel is moved. They don't know what she's remembered, but they know it's bad.

The memories of Jolinar's torture cause her to scream, waking Jack from a dead sleep, and when she screams for Martouf to shut off the memory device, Jack thunders: "Do it!"

When Martouf is urging Sam to continue and Jack pulls him aside to tell him to lay off. I love the "Hey, Marty. A word?"

Jack gets shot down by Bynarr's hand device and Sam immediately draws her weapon in defense.

The whole conversation when Na'onak comes to take Sam to Bynarr:

"Come and get her yourself, you..." (Sam interrupts before he can finish the statement).

It's already come out (obliquely) what Jolinar had to do to escape...I wonder what Jack is thinking? I can only imagine how icy he feels on the inside...he is a protector to his very core (whether as a CO, a friend, or in love)...it had to be torturous to let her walk out of that room, without any of the team to watch her six.

The minute she returns he wants to be sure she's alright.

TBC in the next ep
                                Last edited by SaraBahama; 22 October 2011, 12:49 PM.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X