Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HayleeDex View Post
    Hello all!
    I am brand new here, and you'll have to forgive me, I have no idea how most of this works. For the past few weeks I have been dropping in to read this thread, and have thoroughly enjoyed all of your views of the sam/jack relationship!
    I started watching SG-1 when season 7 was airing, so of course I easily spotted the chemistry between the two characters. I must admit that I was extrememly disappointed by the way things ended, both with the series and the movies. I felt that I didn't get the confimation we deserved. However, after reading through all of your shipper rewatch posts (and I do mean ALL; I've read from page 1 of this thread), my shipper heart has been melted all over again.
    So thank you! All of your varrying points of view have given me the hope that Jack and Sam are happily in love

P.S. I hope I'm not breaking any thread etiquette... Hopefully I'll learn the ins and outs soon!
    welcome to the nuthouse.

Comment

Hello all!
      I am brand new here, and you'll have to forgive me, I have no idea how most of this works. For the past few weeks I have been dropping in to read this thread, and have thoroughly enjoyed all of your views of the sam/jack relationship!
      I started watching SG-1 when season 7 was airing, so of course I easily spotted the chemistry between the two characters. I must admit that I was extrememly disappointed by the way things ended, both with the series and the movies. I felt that I didn't get the confimation we deserved. However, after reading through all of your shipper rewatch posts (and I do mean ALL; I've read from page 1 of this thread), my shipper heart has been melted all over again.
      So thank you! All of your varrying points of view have given me the hope that Jack and Sam are happily in love

P.S. I hope I'm not breaking any thread etiquette... Hopefully I'll learn the ins and outs soon!
      Etiquette was broken, I'm afraid. So as a punishment you will have to watch 10 episodes of season 6, 7 of season 7 and 15 of season 8.

But to be honest, I was just joking, welcome in
      sigpic

Comment

Hello all!

*pats haylee on the head*

Welcome! Don't forget to join us (and other shippers) on:

Sam Carter-Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Another interesting link for you:
        The Shiptionary
        ...read this and you can translate most of what we say when we slip into 'ship lingo .
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I've lost track again...what's this week's rewatch schedule! (I know...I'm hopeless...)
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            I've lost track again...what's this week's rewatch schedule! (I know...I'm hopeless...)
            This week is the end of Season 2:

Serpent's Song
            One False Step
            Show and Tell
            Out of Mind

Comment

Wow, thanks Sara for the link to the Shiptionary. Looks like I've got loads of studying to do!
              sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                This week is the end of Season 2:

Serpent's Song
                One False Step
                Show and Tell
                Out of Mind
                Thanks hlndncr!! ^^ I know I say this alot...but love the banner
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                  Etiquette was broken, I'm afraid. So as a punishment you will have to watch 10 episodes of season 6, 7 of season 7 and 15 of season 8.

But to be honest, I was just joking, welcome in
                  That's punishment here?! I'm officially in the right place
                  sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

That's punishment here?! I'm officially in the right place
                    *walks around in circles: 'Need to think of better punishment next time'*
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, I have a somewhat silly/random question:
                      Are there two versions of Stargate Continuum? Because I was reading the comments about the Shippiness of Continuum a few days ago, and someone mentioned and showed pics of the glance Jack makes to Sam after Baal asks how he as been. And from the pictures, it's a pretty deliberate glance! So I wanted to check it out on my dvd, but I didn't see it
                      He didn't glance at Sam at all. Just sort of diverted his eyes a bit before focusing on Baal again. Am I completely insane or what?

Again, it's a bit off topic and random, sorry for that but I didn't know where else to post this question...
                      sigpic

Comment

Are there two versions of Stargate Continuum? Because I was reading the comments about the Shippiness of Continuum a few days ago, and someone mentioned and showed pics of the glance Jack makes to Sam after Baal asks how he as been. And from the pictures, it's a pretty deliberate glance! So I wanted to check it out on my dvd, but I didn't see it
                        He didn't glance at Sam at all. Just sort of diverted his eyes a bit before focusing on Baal again. Am I completely insane or what?

Again, it's a bit off topic and random, sorry for that but I didn't know where else to post this question...
                        I have a blue ray version here and just checked: no glance. Maybe there is a directors cut?
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh by the way, penguins
                          http://www.failgif.com/2011/09/back-f-up.html

and some random stuff, which has nothing to do with Sam/jack, but I don't know where to post it, so I just put it right here:
                          http://coolvibe.com/wp-content/uploa...z-Stargate.jpg
                          this image was in my browser for more than couple of weeks. It is not mine.
                          Done by David Munoz Velazquez, Granada, España thanks to him, very nice image
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                            I have a blue ray version here and just checked: no glance. Maybe there is a directors cut?
                            Nothing on my copy either I feel cheated. I want a better version!
                            sigpic
                            sig by jasminaGo -THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by JackSnakeskinner View Post
                              Nothing on my copy either I feel cheated. I want a better version!
                              better version is always in our minds
                              sigpic

Comment

It is whatever you see it as. There are some folks who can see huge significance in what is barely a glance, and make it into something overly shippy, when it isn't. I haven't looked at that movie in awhile, so I don't recall the look. Maybe I'll watch it today and see for myself.

EDIT:
                                I popped in my DVD to look at that scene. I really don't see anything shippy about it. Jack did glance at Sam a couple of times, but it didn't seem to be anything more than a casual glance.

However ... after Ba'al asked how Jack was, and Jack replied that he was doing good, I noticed (for the first time) that Ba'al's eyes slid over to Sam just after Jack said he was fine. Now that could mean nothing or it could mean that Ba'al suspects that Sam and Jack are involved; otherwise why glance over at her at that point? I had to replay that bit several times to be sure, because it could be missed completely.
                                Last edited by hedwig; 29 September 2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X