Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Sam was clearly worried for him as he left. But why didn't she run down to the gateroom when he returns, as she has in the past?
    I'm not remembering at the moment, but there have been episodes where Sam was in the control room doing something with the computers and wasn't able to instantly leave what she was doing to run to Jack's side or one of her other teammates. And there's been once or twice when she's looked to Hammond to see if it was okay for her to leave her post to run to the gateroom. I don't think it's anymore significant than that.

Comment

Serpent's Song

Not a lot shippy in this one (in fact, I find it quite boring); so forgive me if I'm stretching.

We do have Jack concerned about her distress in the observation room. This is the last time we hear him call her "Sam" for YEARS. Why do you think he stopped so abruptly?

They sit together and stand next to each other quite often. I think Jack's really come to expect having her at his elbow and she doesn't seem to mind.

When Jack doesn't want to keep Apophis around, Sam notices he's upset and he confides his frustration to her with the remark, "I should have shot him."

When Martouf first shows up, Sam comes down to the gateroom where Jack is already waiting. As Marty approaches Jack moves much closer, there whole sides are in contact. Do you think he's subconsciously marking his territory? Or maybe he's feeling a little protective, especially given Sam's recent flashback?

At the end Sam walks Marty to the gate and shows him how to use the GDO. Everyone else leaves, but Jack stays in the control room and keeps an eye on her.

And I just have to say that Jack looks particularly YUMMY in this episode! (That's shippy because I know Sam would agree with me. )

Comment

Holiday

The best ship of this episode comes from the behind the scenes pics (see banner below ). They don't sit together in the briefing. They don't have much interaction. Then again the usual flirting would be kind of confusing. Jack's sexy body was being temprorarily occupied by Teal'c's consciousness. And flirting with Jack in Teal'c's body would probably just seem weird.
        She looks quite uncomfortable when they are in the conference room after the Jack/Teal'c switch...

but I might be stretching...
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Holiday

The best ship of this episode comes from the behind the scenes pics (see banner below ). They don't sit together in the briefing. They don't have much interaction. Then again the usual flirting would be kind of confusing. Jack's sexy body was being temprorarily occupied by Teal'c's consciousness. And flirting with Jack in Teal'c's body would probably just seem weird.
          You know, I was just watching this episode today, and I was thinking about that. Well, more specifically, I was wondering what Teal'c would have done if O'Neill's body had, um... y'know, *reacted* to Sam while Teal'c was in it. Cuz then it could be said that he loved her, body and soul (as in, his body loved her and his mind loved her... not in the sense that he loves both her mind and her body, which is how I usually interpret the sentiment).

It would just be another way that Teal'c was able to act as First Shipper. Cuz he probably wouldn't have said anything if that had happened... but he'd have known.

Comment

Regarding Holiday, now imagine Sam and Jack swapping bodies With all the Amanda's and Richard's talents that would have been fantastic episode
            P.S. not saying that Holiday wasn't great on its own
            sigpic

Comment

Ah just back here after a few years and the thread has brought back all my shippy memories .I am just soooo agreeing with all the comments and loving this x

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                You know, I was just watching this episode today, and I was thinking about that. Well, more specifically, I was wondering what Teal'c would have done if O'Neill's body had, um... y'know, *reacted* to Sam while Teal'c was in it. Cuz then it could be said that he loved her, body and soul (as in, his body loved her and his mind loved her... not in the sense that he loves both her mind and her body, which is how I usually interpret the sentiment).

It would just be another way that Teal'c was able to act as First Shipper. Cuz he probably wouldn't have said anything if that had happened... but he'd have known.
                I don't think so, because it would be Jack's soul that responds to Carter and his body then takes over from there. I don't think that a Teal'c-guided Jack body would respond in any way to Sam, other than friendship and loyalty, because it's Teal'c's soul in there, and he doesn't have the hots for Sam at all. It's not a purely physical reaction--like being hungry or having to use the potty--attraction and love are spiritual feelings that then are translated by the body.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                  Regarding Holiday, now imagine Sam and Jack swapping bodies With all the Amanda's and Richard's talents that would have been fantastic episode
                  P.S. not saying that Holiday wasn't great on its own
                  I was just thinking that! I was a little sad we didn't get to see that. Of all the people who got swapped, I think AT could have rocked it the hardest

Comment

I was just thinking that! I was a little sad we didn't get to see that. Of all the people who got swapped, I think AT could have rocked it the hardest
                    I think it would have been a little creepy. I'm kind of glad that they didn't have her switch--it would have been weird for her to have that much knowledge about her teammates "pieces parts".
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      I think it would have been a little creepy. I'm kind of glad that they didn't have her switch--it would have been weird for her to have that much knowledge about her teammates "pieces parts".
                      I think she would have been able to handle it with more maturity than the guys (*cough*Jack*cough*) would have. Hahahah... I keep thinking of that scene in the live action scooby doo where daphne and fred switch bodies and he's like "heheh, I can look at myself naked..."

Lol, AWESOME mental image!

And yeah, I figure she might be a little squicked, but at the same time, when you spend that much time in the field with someone, you pretty much know all the details anyway. Especially if you're a girl among guys. ::nods::

Comment

I think she would have been able to handle it with more maturity than the guys (*cough*Jack*cough*) would have. Hahahah... I keep thinking of that scene in the live action scooby doo where daphne and fred switch bodies and he's like "heheh, I can look at myself naked..."

Lol, AWESOME mental image!

And yeah, I figure she might be a little squicked, but at the same time, when you spend that much time in the field with someone, you pretty much know all the details anyway. Especially if you're a girl among guys. ::nods::
                        I don't know--my best friend in college was a guy, and he "fell out of" his suit at the beach one day. It was really weird to have that image in my head, and it took a while for things to be normal for us. But then, I'm probably more conservative than other people.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          I don't know--my best friend in college was a guy, and he "fell out of" his suit at the beach one day. It was really weird to have that image in my head, and it took a while for things to be normal for us. But then, I'm probably more conservative than other people.
                          Oh, heh. I'm a Marine, so I probably don't fit into the mold of "most people" either. Unfortunately, I guess we'll never get to know for sure how Sam and Jack would react to something like that.

Though, hey, if anyone wants to write a fanfiction about it... *cough* I'd totally read it. In fact, I've already read some body swap stories some are actually quite decent.

Comment

Hello all!
                            I am brand new here, and you'll have to forgive me, I have no idea how most of this works. For the past few weeks I have been dropping in to read this thread, and have thoroughly enjoyed all of your views of the sam/jack relationship!
                            I started watching SG-1 when season 7 was airing, so of course I easily spotted the chemistry between the two characters. I must admit that I was extrememly disappointed by the way things ended, both with the series and the movies. I felt that I didn't get the confimation we deserved. However, after reading through all of your shipper rewatch posts (and I do mean ALL; I've read from page 1 of this thread), my shipper heart has been melted all over again.
                            So thank you! All of your varrying points of view have given me the hope that Jack and Sam are happily in love

P.S. I hope I'm not breaking any thread etiquette... Hopefully I'll learn the ins and outs soon!
                            sigpic

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Comment

Greetings Haylee! Welcome to the thread! We love all newcomers, and don't worry, no etiquette has been broken yet Please, come join us in the gutter! There's plenty of room for all! Or you know, you could play the flangster gangster, if you're not as much into smut as some of us other shippers.

And now I'm rambling... you'll get used to that too

Great to meet yah!

Comment

Originally posted by HayleeDex View Post
                                Hello all!
                                I am brand new here, and you'll have to forgive me, I have no idea how most of this works. For the past few weeks I have been dropping in to read this thread, and have thoroughly enjoyed all of your views of the sam/jack relationship!
                                I started watching SG-1 when season 7 was airing, so of course I easily spotted the chemistry between the two characters. I must admit that I was extrememly disappointed by the way things ended, both with the series and the movies. I felt that I didn't get the confimation we deserved. However, after reading through all of your shipper rewatch posts (and I do mean ALL; I've read from page 1 of this thread), my shipper heart has been melted all over again.
                                So thank you! All of your varrying points of view have given me the hope that Jack and Sam are happily in love

P.S. I hope I'm not breaking any thread etiquette... Hopefully I'll learn the ins and outs soon!
                                Welcome to the madness!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X