Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    Someone 'round here won the pic in an auction and I know there's a full size scan somewhere...Anyone??
    Isn't it also autographed by both AT and RDA?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Isn't it also autographed by both AT and RDA?
      *jealously wishes she had something signed by RDA &/or AT... my precioussssssssssss*
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Actually, I'm not forgetting any of that. Yes, she kissed Narim, but it doesn't mean she was returning his interest; I think that was just more of a response to a sweet guy showing an interest in her the way he did (which isn't to say she'd respond the same way to anyone else showing a similar interest). And she did tell him in "Pretense" that until she could figure out whose feelings she was feeling that she couldn't be involved with anyone. And the same goes for Martouf. I think she really liked him, but her feelings about him were so confused because of Jolinar that she couldn't figure out whose feelings she was feeling towards him. We never got to see how she would have interacted with him without the whole Jolinar thing, so we don't know if she would have felt any attraction for him otherwise. And as for Orlin, I think she got a bit overwhelmed or overcome by the sharing of energy thing and was more intrigued about him than interested in him romantically (though I'm sure she thought it was very cute). One could consider the energy sharing as "sex", but I don't see it that way. In my mind, it was a mental (replace with whatever other more appropriate word of choice) sort of sharing that allowed her to become aware of knowledge in a way that she couldn't have in ordinary life (if that made any sense). Plus, she told him very firmly and sternly that there was no "them" when he got upset about her not calling to let him know she was going to be late that one day.

That whole "Ripple Effect" almost-kiss was just plain weird. It had been five years since he died in her reality, so I've never been able to figure out a good reason for that almost-kiss. The only way I can justify it is that it was some sort of residual Jolinar feelings, because I honestly don't think Samantha Carter would have done that had there not been some sort of left over influence. Plus, I just blame the writers for sticking it in there where it didn't belong.

And I agree that Jonas Hansen got what he deserved. But I wouldn't say his death was because she knew him and had been engaged to him. I'm pretty sure he would have wound up dead even if they had never met.
        I know the subjects been changed...I just wanted to say that I agree with everything you said hewig, especially the bold part...and correct me if im wrong but wasn't "ripple effect" after "Ex Deus Machina" when Sam says shes Not exactly single...(loved that scene by the way...) so they throw us shippers a bone for Sam & Jack, and then give us an almost kiss with Martouf?! enough said i think...
        Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]31903[/ATTACH]

Does anyone else love how Jack is smiling brilliantly in this picture?
        I absolutely love that picture of them...they both look so genuinely happy and content to be in each others arms...it makes me smile every time i see it.

just a thought that came to me - do you think alternate Sam took the pic back with her, or perhaps Jack kept it for himself? what do you guys say?
        I always liked to think that Jack kept it somewhere safe for many years (for him to look at once in a while) and to remind him of what he could and should have with Carter in the future...*happy shippy sigh* Sam & Jack
        Last edited by freckles2185; 14 September 2011, 08:55 PM.
        "…you know what they say. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try again."

"Because I care about her....a lot more than I'm supposed to..."

Comment

I'm going to annoy everyone.

Here are my opinions:

I think the only person in the universe for Sam was Jack and vice versa. Everyone else was just filler.

should not have been allowed to live because he's annoying on top of being a stalker.

Sam and Teal'c would never have a romantic relationship because they both love each other and Jack too much to ever do that.

Even if Jack were actually dead (which he wasn't in Unending because that 50 years took place in the span of a second and Sam understood them physics) or she if they could never be together again Sam would never love anyone else the way she loves Jack. He's her soulmate, and she would rather be alone for the rest of her life with fond memories of him than find solace with anyone else. (Same goes for Jack.)

You not only don't have to be married to by happy you don't have to have sex either. I will attest that you can actually find happiness and fulfillment in life as a single, chaste person.

The kiss in POV is really hot.

But it is tainted by my knowledge that Jack is actually kissing the wrong girl.

Still, it is a glimpse of the possibilities.

Last edited by hlndncr; 14 September 2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Bane

Not really a favorite episode. Not much here you could call shippy. Sam and Jack work well together and back each other up.

There is the scene in the briefing room when Sam is trying to convince General Hammond they should go back to the planet and look for advanced technology and Jack leans over the briefing table and yells right up in her face that there's nothing on that planet but lots of "big honkin' bugs." Jack's clearly frustrated with what's happening to Teal'c and maybe he is a little annoyed that Sam is so focused on the technology. (That disconnect between them will come up again in A Matter of Time and Meridian.) But underlying Jack's fit is an understanding we all have that you can only behave that badly with family or people who really love you because you know they will forgive you.

It is funny when Jack inadvertantly gives Janet and Sam the answer to saving Jr. but he has no idea what they're talking about. Then later he takes credit and Sam just looks at him with fond indulgence.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Here are my opinions:

I think the only person in the universe for Sam was Jack and vice versa. Everyone else was just filler.

should not have been allowed to live because he's annoying on top of being a stalker.

Sam and Teal'c would never have a romantic relationship because they both love each other and Jack too much to ever do that.

Even if Jack were actually dead (which he wasn't in Unending because that 50 years took place in the span of a second and Sam understood them physics) or she if they could never be together again Sam would never love anyone else the way she loves Jack. He's her soulmate, and she would rather be alone for the rest of her life with fond memories of him than find solace with anyone else. (Same goes for Jack.)

You not only don't have to be married to by happy you don't have to have sex either. I will attest that you can actually find happiness and fulfillment in life as a single, chaste person.

The kiss in POV is really hot.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...r/PoV-Kiss.gif

But it is tainted by my knowledge that Jack is actually kissing the wrong girl.

Still, it is a glimpse of the possibilities.

well said! I completely agree.

and I love the last pic where Sam is looking on witnessing the kiss...the look on her face speaks volumes to what shes feeling...you can see the pain in her eyes and the longing to feel that kiss for herself...poor Sam she never got to kiss Jack just for the sake of kissing him, because she loves him, true they kissed quite a few times but there was always something in the way of 'just a kiss' the Broca virus kiss was induced by a virus - albeit they both remembered the kiss, but it wasn't "real" if you get my meaning...the WoO kiss, Sam doesn't even know happened, in Mobius it doesnt count (for me anyway) because it wasnt really OUR Sam & Jack and, well, you get the idea...thank god for fanfics where they can jump each other and kiss and do many other things together as much as they want...heehee (I ended up in the gutter...lol)
              Last edited by jasminaGo; 14 September 2011, 09:39 PM. Reason: removing IMG tags
              "…you know what they say. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try again."

Comment

The illusive "White Whale" of all S/J shippers, a virus-free, non-hullucinatory, present timeline, actual reality, unlooped KISS!

(P.S. Be sure to delete [IMG] tags when you quote a post. )

Comment

@ the "white whale"

Thanks for the tip - I'll try and remember to do that in the future..

I just noticed I've been promoted to Airman!! Yay!!! *happy dance* how exciting.

Comment

<...>

That whole "Ripple Effect" almost-kiss was just plain weird. It had been five years since he died in her reality, so I've never been able to figure out a good reason for that almost-kiss. The only way I can justify it is that it was some sort of residual Jolinar feelings, because I honestly don't think Samantha Carter would have done that had there not been some sort of left over influence. Plus, I just blame the writers for sticking it in there where it didn't belong.

<...>
                    Yes, that scene was a shock to me. I mean we already established and she realised that she has feelings for Jack, so wtf was happening there. I thought, no Sam, this is not good. And kudos to our friendly Asgard to stopping them
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      Someone 'round here won the pic in an auction and I know there's a full size scan somewhere...Anyone??
                      Yes that picture is great, and it would be great if someone pointed us to the full sized scan
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Does anyone else love how Jack is smiling brilliantly in this picture?
                        THANK YOU!!! *warms squishy little heart*

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Here are my opinions:

I think I just realized something... My perception of Sam's "would she find someone else/would she wait" decision is totally skewed. I'm 22, and... well, inexperienced if you now what I mean... and the thought of remaining celibate for the rest of my life (or contemplating about someone else being celibate) stresses the heck out of me. *sigh*

Though you know, I think if Sam did remain celibate after Jack died, it would totally count as spinsterhood, and she would totally only be half a person But she's not half a person because she's single, but rather because her soulmate died. hehe... way to make a full circle there, huh?

*tear* Whenever I think about what might happen if one of them died, I hear Brad Paisley and Alison Kraus' "Whiskey Lullaby" in my head. Suffice it to say, I just don't think either of them would last very long without the other, unless they found someone else to distract them from the loss. I think POV's Alternate!Sam could have dallied with Kawalsky for a while. Maybe. In my head he'd be the Teal'c-ish, selfless type person who'd realize she just needed comfort/distraction.

Comfort/distraction... Sounds kinda like a new fanfic genre. The flipside of hurt/comfort. Hahahah! I tickle myself sometimes...

BTW, hln, may I snurch the pics/sig you posted? They're pretty....

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                            Yes, that scene was a shock to me. I mean we already established and she realised that she has feelings for Jack, so wtf was happening there. I thought, no Sam, this is not good. And kudos to our friendly Asgard to stopping them
                            Well, at this point, do we even know that they're actually physically pursuing a relationship? I mean, even years later in Atlantis, she's like "oh, well, he's there, I'm here, it's all very complicated"... If it was complicated then, imagine what it must've been like in the middle of Season... 10, was it? Or 9. Whichever. Either way, I mean, in my head I'm thinking that they may be trying to make things work, but it's far from being a done deal. And I imagine it being such a logistical nightmare that they'd both be wondering "is it even worth it?" Obviously, it totally is worth it, or else us fans wouldn't be here, but still, even so... you know they gotta be thinking it.

And yes, the "dead alien in my head made me do it" defense goes a long way. But I'm cool with it, cuz JR Bourne is HOT. I'd wanna kiss him too, if he showed up through my Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                              Well, at this point, do we even know that they're actually physically pursuing a relationship? I mean, even years later in Atlantis, she's like "oh, well, he's there, I'm here, it's all very complicated"... If it was complicated then, imagine what it must've been like in the middle of Season... 10, was it? Or 9. Whichever.
                              Well, considering it's much easier to commute between Colorado Springs/Nevada and Washington DC than Washington DC (Earth, Milky Way Galaxy) and Atlantis (Pegasus Galaxy), I'd say it was simpler before.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Well, considering it's much easier to commute between Colorado Springs/Nevada and Washington DC than Washington DC (Earth, Milky Way Galaxy) and Atlantis (Pegasus Galaxy), I'd say it was simpler before.
                                Normally, I would totally agree with you. But you also have to take into account that their billets have changed. In S9/10, Carter is directly in O'Neill's purview of command so long as she is working at the SGC. When she's base commander of the Atlantis Expedition, she falls under the IOA's command structure, and therefore isn't answering to O'Neill. And plus, even though she's a Colonel, Expedition leader is equal to leading the SGC, which thus far has been a General's billet. Which puts much more on par with where O'Neill is, thus negating most of the issues attached to frat regs.

The second she came back to the SGC, she ran into frat regs again. Even if they miraculously got married while she was at Area 51, the fact that they were in the same COC before and after poses some major problems, and would raise more than a few eyebrows.

So distance aside, I gotta wonder which scenario would have been more complicated...

Comment

Working...
                                X