X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    wonderful!

in my shippy head and heart...

this was an idea/scene i had for sam/jack, based on the concept of sgu being revisited in 3 years. (i don't really care if it is, i just brought this to life with the idea for s/j )

not to give too much away about sgu's last ep, but eli is having a conversation with sam via the destiny's computer, and it's three years from now. in the convo, it's revealed that sam goes by 'o'neill', which confuses eli , until she lets him know it's through marriage. eli wants her to help with something, but she declines, letting him know that she's got a 2 year old at home with her husband (that's where jack comes in ), and she's pregnant with another and is about to go on maternity leave. she can't do the dangerous anymore.

so, this scenario's stuck in my head and i kind of love it. no, i really love it.

Very nice! I could live with that.

Comment

*shippy sigh*

I still haven't finished with my SGA rewatch and SGU any kind of watch (I did cheat and watch the clips of the scenes S/J are in). I'll get back to you when I watch these.

And yes...in my head they are together and celebrate their 6th wedding anniversary this month (I don't have an exact date...I'm working off the air date of 'Avalon' because I believe they jumped at the chance to persue their relationship and get married while Sam was at Area 51).

I'm not sure about kids by this point, even though O'Neill babies make me squee like a teenager. Pol wrote a good one about them adopting abandoned children that The Hammond found in space, which was neat. I have a few fics in my head that include shippy babies (even an AU if I ever have the guts to finish and publish it).

I like your speculation on the progression of Sam (and Jack)'s careers. I really need to watch the rest of the eps.

I don't have the problem with Daniel/Vala that you do hlndncr, so I could see them married, even. The idea invades my brain of everybody over at the O'Neill's for a summer cookout: Teal'c, Daniel, Vala, Mitchell, Landry, Cassie, and her family by this time.

Happily Ever After...Indeed.
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

OT Daniel and Vala:

Spoiler:

I've made no secret of my disdain for a D/V pairing because I think it is one of the major factors in destroying the potential of Vala as an interesting and enjoyable character. It also ruined years of good characterization for Daniel.

Ultimately I don't think they are good for one another because they do not bring out the best in each other, unlike say Sam and Jack for example.

But I also think that their attraction isn't real or deep. Vala may think she has feelings for Daniel because he was the first one to trust her and give her the opportunity at a better life. I think eventually she would realize that this is more gratitude than love.

For Daniel I truly believe that Sha're will always be the one and only for him. Some people really do find the love of their lives and remain loyal to them for their entire lives, even long after they are gone. I think Daniel loved Sha're that deeply. I see that in his character. It's not that I wish Daniel to be alone; I just can't ever see him with another. And I think that's how he would prefer it.

Now as to Sam and Jack, if they didn't have babies of their own, I don't personally see them adopting. But I can see them being very happy and involved grandparents to Cassie's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Now as to Sam and Jack, if they didn't have babies of their own, I don't personally see them adopting. But I can see them being very happy and involved grandparents to Cassie's kids.
          i'd hope with all the advanced tech they've picked up along the way (including the ancients database on atlantis); they'd be able to help sam, if she were having any fertility probs b/c of age or combat injuries.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh...the two of them are not too old for babies just yet (if Sam's birthday is @ 1968), if you like to dream of it.

I believe the two of them would be happy either way.

hlndncr: I can definitely see them 'grandparenting' Cassie's babies.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              Oh...the two of them are not too old for babies just yet (if Sam's birthday is @ 1968), if you like to dream of it.

Cassie would likely never get them back from their "grandparents", they'd be so busy doting on them.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Cassie would likely never get them back from their "grandparents", they'd be so busy doting on them.
                I can Cassie's kids regaling their friends about their silly grandpa Jack always doing things to make them laugh and having a very fun time.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Don't forget to VOTE for your favorite fics!

The nominations can be found here.

We really need more people to vote if this is going to work. I know there are lots of fics and some of them are quite long. So I'm extending the voting deadline: July 27 at noon EST.

And remember what Jack would say . . . HAVE FUN!

Comment

Hm, it might be my brain farting or just a late night, but it seems I have no idea how to send a PM in this forum :/ Cannot find a way in users profile :/
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                      I can Cassie's kids regaling their friends about their silly grandpa Jack always doing things to make them laugh and having a very fun time.

Comment

I’m sad to say that we’ve come to the end of our Shipper Rewatch.

It began more than 2 years ago, on April 7, 2009. During that time many friends have joined us—some who came and went others who stayed with us all the way through to the end. (I joined last year at the beginning of Season 5.) We filled nearly 200 pages with discussions of Sam and Jack throughout the entire run of Stargate in all its incarnations.

So what’s next?

I’d like to propose a few options.

Option 1: Start Over

We go back to the beginning and do something similar to what we’ve been doing with an organized schedule and assigned reviews.

Pros: We can go at our own pace and discuss episodes as much or as little as we want. Those who joined the discussion late can now add their thoughts to favorite episodes of earlier seasons.
                        Cons: We would require sufficient volunteers to organize and review.

Option 2: Join the GateWorld Rewatch

GateWorld is beginning a full rewatch on August 1st. They will be watching 5 episodes per week and discussion of those episodes will be occurring on threads throughout the forum.

Pros: We would be supporting GW and be able to engage with other fans throughout the forum. It would be far less organization while still giving people the chance to discuss episodes they may have missed the first time around.
                        Cons: The brisk pace and set schedule of the rewatch would likely preclude individual episode reviews and may mean not spending as much time on some favorites. It could mean skipping episodes if we get behind.

Option 3: General Discussion

We open the thread up to general discussion with no set topic or schedule. People can drop by and share their thoughts about whatever they want (still S/J ship related of course) whenever they feel like it.

Pros: No schedule; no organizing; no commitment. It would be easier for people to join in or come and go.
                        Cons: It’s possible the discussion may lag, some may lose interest, and there won’t be an incentive to bring people in.

Option 4: Discussion Topics

Rather than organizing our discussion by episodes we could do so by topics or question/answer. Kind of like Aka did with her Laira question a few days ago.

Pros: We can focus on the things about the ship that are of the most interest to us and our discussions will have more variety that could encourage broader participation.
                        Cons: We would have to decide how we chose topics or questions. Would we have someone act as “MC” or take turns? We’d want to make sure the discussion keeps moving.

I would say that my preference would be Option 2 because I plan on joining the GW rewatch anyway. And I did miss some of the best episodes the first time around.

If you have any other ideas or preferences, please share.

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                          Hm, it might be my brain farting or just a late night, but it seems I have no idea how to send a PM in this forum :/ Cannot find a way in users profile :/
                          You might not be able to yet, given that you're a "newbie". I'm not sure if there's a certain number of posts you have to make in order to PM people or exactly how that works.

There's a thread around here somewhere that talks about such things. Perhaps in the General Forum threads.

When you do get to send a PM, all you have to do is click on a person's forum name (in a post) and a list should pop up that has "PM" in it and you click on that and type your message. You can also go to the person's profile page, and there should be a list of items under their photo on the left, and the "PM" thingy should be in there too.

Comment

hlndncr:
                            You know I'm new, so I'm not sure how insightful my suggestions may be, but here goes -I plan to join the general rewatch as well, but would it be useful during the general rewatch for us to return here to make comments on the shippy elements of those eps? We would all be on the same schedule that way, and this forum being smaller would allow for more specific discussion. If we have general rewatch discussion we could post that on the other thread, and save the shippy stuff for here. Once the general rewatch is done, we can revisit the decision of where to go from here. How does that sound?

muziqaz:
                            hedwig is correct -probie status is limited (I don't have the link right now to da rules, but they are on GW somewhere). One you are out of probie status you will be able to PM, add an Avatar, and customize your profile. I just joined in April or May, and probie status doesn't last too long (keep posting -I think the number of posts is linked to improving your status). You will also recieve 'green' if you look under 'my controls' on your profile you can see your 'green' and who gave it to you. 'Green' is GW kudos -people 'green' you for posts you have made (clever, funny, insightful, etc). I think you can still go onto other members' profiles and leave a visitor message -feel free to try it on mine. And WELCOME...we're so glad to have you.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I also think it'd be good to join the rewatch, for similar resasons to hlndncr. Maybe to offset the brisk pace of the rewatch we could have more focused and pointed discussions in here on the shippiest episodes. That way if people have a busy week, they can choose to only watch one or two episodes per week, and still join the discussions? just an idea

Comment

hedwig, yeah, that makes sense. Last night I was trying to find PM link in hlndncr's profile. But I couldn't. It's not a big problem. Just wanted to contribute to voting.
                                SaraBahama, thanks for welcome. It is unbelievable how I managed to miss this place for so many years I have been watching Stargate. Must be some alternative reality thingy, as I read quite a bit of wikia and watched most of the episodes couple of times. At one point it took me in very strongly as I obsessed with SG-1.
                                At the moment I have some free time thus rewatching some of the episodes of SG-1 or Atlantis(wasn't too keen on Stargate Universe theme, but still enjoyed it, and am now plotting a plan on how to punish people responsible for stopping Universe).
                                Regarding the rewatch, I wouldn't mind participating, but I won't be able to keep up with schedules, though I will participate in any discussions as much as I can.
                                Like last night I rewatched 1st episode of SG-1(Children of the Gods). I cannot believe that I forgot completely about it. Felt like I was watching for the 1st time.
                                It was weird seeing Jack and Kowalsky making fun of Sam And Sam trying to show that she can kick them around. It is funny how many things they have changed since that episode(no more frost going through the gate, no more trembling while dialing, bullets bouncing off of Jaffa armor).
                                Was shocked by Hammond at first, but he managed to come through.
                                Surely noticed a spark and glances between Sam and Jack. Teal'c looked so weird in that metal hat

So when discussing rewatched episodes are posting on designated episode topics in other sections of the forum? or creating new threads?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X