Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Ripple Effect

I was so looking forward to this and so disappointed. I wanted more Janet, less Martouf.

Sam and Jack

OK, so I may have yelled at the TV screen over the almost-kiss with Martouf. Personally, this is where I almost walked away from the show because while I was OK living with ambiguity, this pushed it right to the envelope by almost having Sam kiss another man which if she was with Jack she would never do. I choose to believe that she's exhausted, Jolinar's old feelings surface momentarily which she hasn't had to deal with for a long time, and for a moment she's leaning toward Martouf. But she stops herself (actually before the intervention of the Asgard) and looks grateful when the Asgard interrupts.
    i remember how upset this ep made feel, when it was first aired. we're given hints and innuendo about sam/jack, nice, but sam almost kisses martouf, who we've never *seen* be that into him (b/c of the jolinar/martouf complications), so it, for me, ruined the sam/jack stuff! you know, the sam/jack stuff that were hints and innuendo, but not the sam/marty stuff. no, that's in full glory.

it's no wonder that season 9 broke the series run of great ratings. SO many aspects of stargate that we loved were solely missing in season 9.

*grumbles*
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      [
      Ripple Effect

I was so looking forward to this and so disappointed. I wanted more Janet, less Martouf.

Sam and Jack

OK, so I may have yelled at the TV screen over the almost-kiss with Martouf. Personally, this is where I almost walked away from the show because while I was OK living with ambiguity, this pushed it right to the envelope by almost having Sam kiss another man which if she was with Jack she would never do. I choose to believe that she's exhausted, Jolinar's old feelings surface momentarily which she hasn't had to deal with for a long time, and for a moment she's leaning toward Martouf. But she stops herself (actually before the intervention of the Asgard) and looks grateful when the Asgard interrupts.
      I ditto the sentiment about Janet. I never saw any reason for Martouf to be brought back, because for me that whole issue ended with him dying in "Divide & Conquer". End of story.

However, with Janet, Sam never really got to say good-bye to her. It was sudden and she was dead. I think there should have been no Martouf at all in this episode, and more Sam and Janet interaction, so there could have been some sort of closure for them.

And I ditto the comments about the almost-kiss, too. No reason at all for it, other than the writers thought it would be cute, I suppose. (*more like nauseating...*)

Comment

I was pissed about the almost kiss between Sam and Martouf in Ripple Effect, but even more so when I've heard the director Peter de Luise thought black team Sam was with black team Cam and filmed a kiss as the elevator doors closed on "Prometheus" - luckily it was nixed by the EP and writer for the episode the most ship-friendly TPTB - Joe Mallozzi!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
          I was pissed about the almost kiss between Sam and Martouf in Ripple Effect, but even more so when I've heard the director Peter de Luise thought black team Sam was with black team Cam and filmed a kiss as the elevator doors closed on "Prometheus" - luckily it was nixed by the EP and writer for the episode the most ship-friendly TPTB - Joe Mallozzi!
          I heard about that awhile back, and it amazes me that PDL wasn't up to date or current on whatever the story lines were; in other words, where the heck did he get a notion like that? If he had been, how could he possibly have done that, given there had been no hint of it prior to that in our own reality. He'd directed/written/produced enough episodes to know that wasn't necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I heard about that awhile back, and it amazes me that PDL wasn't up to date or current on whatever the story lines were; in other words, where the heck did he get a notion like that? If he had been, how could he possibly have done that, given there had been no hint of it prior to that in our own reality. He'd directed/written/produced enough episodes to know that wasn't necessary.
            I think it's simple: Sadly, Sam and Jack were not canonically together, and I'd bet my whole savings that we wouldn't have gotten confirmation even in the 33rd movie...

Comment

Rachel and I had the same idea, but as usual she's much more succinct.

So here are some of my thoughts on the rest of Season 9.

Babylon

We actually start with SG1 together exploring another planet! And this is how many episodes into the season? (Although, I’m still not sure how we suddenly have the team all back together.) Of course, it quickly devolves into a Mitchell story in which we learn almost nothing about Mitchell; it’s really all about the Sodan. (And I agree with Rachel that I don’t understand why we have a Jaffa story without Teal’c. Was this really the best vehicle to feature Mitchell that they could come up with in 8 episodes?)

And watching this ep it occurred to me that one of the things I really dislike about Season 9 is that it was never about the team (together or our characters individually); each episode is much more about the guest star of the week. It could really be any SG team because our characters don’t really matter that much to the outcome of the story.

As for Sam, she definitely seems to be the one who has it together and is in charge. On the other hand, when all is said and done she doesn’t really do much of anything. She can’t figure the tech out (she went to fixing everything to understanding nothing) and it sounds like she may have left a lot of it to Dr. Lee. At this point, I don’t even see a reason for her being at the SGC (and the writers seem to be struggling with what to do with her character); so no wonder it seems like she’s not very happy with her situation.

Prototype:

Again I think this ep is more about the guest stars (Khelek and Woolsey) than the team. One thing that I think would have really made story idea more interesting to me is if they would have kept the original rational for Anubis creating Khelek. The idea was that Anubis was trying to create an ascended army to take on the Ancients. Wouldn’t that have been awesome? I think so. Instead of the needless reintroduction of the replicators in the Ark of Truth we could have some out of control quasi-ascended army the IOA had secretly been working on to take on the Ori.

Once again we see how ridiculous it is that Sam’s not in charge. She takes some intel to Landry (not Mitchell her supposed CO) and he gives her a team (SG-5) rather than assigning SG1, the team she is on. (Seriously, she should have her own team!) And the others don’t really respect Mitchell—Daniel yells at him “New Guy!”

I don’t think Daniel was particularly in character. He’s the one who first suggests killing Khelek and won’t consider alternatives. I know Daniel isn’t a pacifist but alternatives are his thing. Then he refuses to forgive Woolsey, which also doesn’t feel like Daniel to me. Daniel forgave Teal’c for killing his wife. He forgave Jonas for killing him. But he won’t forgive Woolsey for not killing Khelek, who in the end died anyway?! Sorry, I just don’t buy that. This is where I think Jack was missed because this would have been Jack’s position and then Daniel could have been the effective intermediary.

Sam & Jack
              I’m going to do some stretching here. I’d just like to point out that we see how Sam is picking up some of Jack’s habits. At one point she says to Daniel, “Ya think?!” Jack would be so proud.

Also when Sam says she wants to see what’s so important that someone would go to all the trouble to keep them out Mitchell says to her, “Always want what you can’t have.” A statement she correctly ignored.

The Fourth Horseman

I agree that this two parter was pretty lame. I really never felt much of a sense of dire emergency. And like a skyscraper disappearing in the middle of Seattle, 3000 people dead in a world-wide epidemic would not go uninvestigated. And this is another episode with no real action, no team interaction, and no exploration or discovery. I’m getting really tired of it because frankly it’s boring.

I don’t like that Sam feels like she has to impress to gain Landry’s respect and justify her position. Hello! Woman who saved the world with her mind on numerous occasions! I can see Sam feeling a little insecure and unsure of herself, what with being demoted twice over. And again we see that Sam doesn’t really do much. Sam spends much of the episode hanging around and watching Orlin work. He’s the one who makes the anti-prior device operable. Then it’s Daniel who is sent to the Sodan planet with Mitchell to run the thing? Why? Sam should have gone with them. Orlin doesn’t need her help with the vaccine he’s working on; she is not a bio-chemist. In fact, this would have been a great place to use Lam, the infectious disease expert.

The Hammond cameo is nice, but a bit odd. It was originally supposed to be an appearance by the Air Force Chief of Staff General Jumper, but he couldn’t make the shooting schedule (seeing as the US was engaged in two wars at the time it’s nice to know he had his priorities straight). But it makes no sense that there’s absolutely no mention of Jack, who must have been dealing with the political fallout from all this. And why was Hammond, who is supposedly retired (although never confirmed), called back to Washington?

As for Landry’s mention of the Sam/Orlin relationship, I think “intimate” is a total misreading of what actually happened. I think Sam’s response was far too mild and it ticked me off.

I do wonder what the repercussions were for Sam and Jack having Orlin show up again. That was not a great point in their relationship and so being reminded of it could lead to some difficult consequences. Although thankfully SPF was not available for the role or the PTB might have included more than just an uncomfortable discussion of the past, which would have really ticked me off.

Collateral Damage

One more example of why Mitchell should not be in charge. He wanders off on an alien planet with a woman he hardly knows and without letting anyone else know where he’s going, and he didn’t even eat any cake! (Although, we do later see him drinking on duty while with said woman.) He gets himself into trouble because he can’t keep it in his pants. While Sam, faced with much greater temptation for many more years always demonstrated proper decorum (and continues to do so even now) while on duty. Once again Sam seems like the only grown-up in the room while essentially being relegated to a secondary character (an alien tech expert with no suggestions or contributions to the ultimate solution).

I do kind of wish they would have done more with Mitchell’s memories and back story. Since this is the first time, after more than half a season, that we get the chance to see who this character actually is I think it should have been much more a focus of the episode than the completely insignificant murder mystery that turned out to be just a lovers’ spat.

And considering how many times members of SG1 have previously lost their memories or had them manipulated, why doesn’t anyone mention this at all, if nothing else than to show sympathy with Mitchell and welcome him to the club?

(Also just to note, if Cam was 10 when the first space shuttle launched it would make him about 35 and 2-3 years younger than Sam, which makes absolutely no sense to me.)
              Last edited by hlndncr; 22 May 2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Ripple Effect

I’ve come to the conclusion that this episode was written and directed with the purpose of ticking me off.

Like others have said, I didn’t have any need to see Martouf again. In fact, the purpose of the B story in Summit/Last Stand was to give closure to that relationship, which I thought it did just fine. And I’m extremely disappointed in the almost kiss because as someone pointed out this ep was written by JM who has always been a firm friend in the ship (or FISH as I like to call him) and continues to this day to support the idea of confirmation for Sam and Jack. I think this is another example of PDL taking things in a direction the writer never intended. (Maybe he was bitter that his brother, , got the boot.)

In fact, we see little hints toward Sam and Jack scattered throughout the script, but that go largely ignored. Like Sam’s statement, “I got nothin’ . . . yet.” Very Jack-like don’t you think? And then Martouf mentions the difficulty of long distance relationships. That had to hit close to home for Sam.

Then we get almost nothing of Janet. She and Sam share one line (really only a half line) and a hug at the end. And Janet is not only not a part of the action or the main story, but most of her interaction is with Landry, a person she never even knew! Very disappointing.

My take of the love lives of our alternate Sam’s is this . . .

Black Sam just returned from her honeymoon. In her world Selmak (and presumably Jacob although that’s never stated) did not die. So I say she married . I know that’s a painful thought, but since she’s evil or at least unscrupulous I’ve decided it could only be the result of absolute misery in her personal life that would drive her to such ends. I can’t see a happy, married to Jack Sam screwing another universe.

(And don’t get me started on the whole Sam/Cam notion. She and Jack couldn’t be together but she could be married to or having an affair with Cam in another universe! Please!)

Janet’s Sam is on maternity leave. I want to believe she is with Jack. Janet just never would have allowed her to make a mistake like marrying . She does, however, ask for General O’Neill when they first come through, which suggests he’s still in charge at her SGC. So did Sam leave the Air Force? I’m saying she did, and now that she’s a mom she’s decided to work on base as a civilian scientist.

I must admit, I would have loved to have seen Jack’s reaction to 18 Sams. I mean, remember his almost giddy reaction to the idea of two Sams in Gemini? I’m surprised he didn’t jump on a plane as soon as he heard what was going on at the SGC.

Comment

Stronghold

By this time in the season I’m asking myself what’s the point of having a team if they never go on missions together anymore.

Sam is definitely in command, as she should be, even after Mitchell shows up and proves that he is in fact an arrogant hothead who won’t listen to anyone and puts others’ lives in danger. If I were Sam I would refuse to ever work with him again. And if Jack were there no way he would have continued to let Mitchell near his team.

I wonder if Teal’c and Jack ever discussed their shared experience of being tortured by Ba’al?

Ethon

I really wasn’t interested in a sequel to what I considers a mediocre episode (Icon). And given what happened the last time Daniel went to this planet alone, if Jack were in charge I’m sure he would never have let it happen again.

I will say that finally both Sam and Daniel are doing something in the episode that actually plays to their strengths and expertise (even if Daniel’s solution was idiotic and bound to be ultimately disasterous).

We also get to the heart of the leadership problem because there is no clear chain of command, and that lack of clear and decisive leadership ultimately costs almost 40 people their lives.

Off the Grid

All I want to say is Space Corn? Really?! This was just an excuse to sex up our cast by putting them in leather. Once that goal was accomplished there was nothing more to do; so everyone just ends up acting stupid.

I do, however, have one question. How is it that everyone in the galaxy seems to have gotten a hold of all sorts of goa’uld ships, weapons, technology, etc. after their downfall except us?

The Scourge

Finally, an episode where the team is together on an alien planet, facing a clear and present threat, and they deal with it in a halfway competent manner. (I say halfway because they did lose another off-world base and allow a couple of red-shirts to be taken down along the way.)

Arthur’s Mantle
                  Mitchell being a hotheaded idiot who needs the team to save him from himself. I’m sensing a theme.

OK, I hate how campy Dr. Lee became in later years (he was actually a competent scientist when he started on the show), but the part about Sam and Cam being miniaturized was funny.

Other than that my main thought on this episode is wouldn’t it have been nice if Jack and Sam were out of phase together?

Crusade
                  Don’t care for the Ori storyline; don’t like Vala. Could happily have lived without this episode. I will say that I much prefer Vala with Tomin (and not just because I absolutely despise Daniel/Vala). I think he was good for her and I would have liked them to have ended up together.

Camelot
                  This episode was like two halves that didn’t fit together. Medieval village story and giant space battle. I like that Sam is actually involved in thinking of implementing solutions. I agree that while she’s floating in space she must have been considering her life to this point. I’m sure she’s grateful that if she is going to die alone out there at least she had a chance to be with Jack before the end. And I’m sure she’s worried about him going on without her.

Overall

Season 9 is my least favorite season by far. There's not a single episode I would choose to rewatch just for fun. The stories were weak. The characterization was inconsistent and often flawed. And the treatment of Sam's character and the Sam/Jack ship just leaves me angry.

I prefer to pretend none of this happened. Unfortunately, it did. I'm glad they somehow pulled out a tenth season because I would have hated to see the show go out on such a low note.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    Ripple Effect

(snipped)

My take of the love lives of our alternate Sam’s is this . . .

Black Sam just returned from her honeymoon. In her world Selmak (and presumably Jacob although that’s never stated) did not die. So I say she married . I know that’s a painful thought, but since she’s evil or at least unscrupulous I’ve decided it could only be the result of absolute misery in her personal life that would drive her to such ends. I can’t see a happy, married to Jack Sam screwing another universe.
                    i can't imagine an evil sam even 'dating' a dork like pete, let alone marrying him! she'd have ZERO tolerance for his 'chimera' crapantics, so noooo, she was not with pete in that alt reality.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

At the risk of angering the mods that watch over us...I'll repost my comment from the "Family Ship Thread". If you've already seen it...you can ignore me.

Here's the link to Jenniferjf's Evidence that Jack and Sam are Together
                      And her comment: "Overall, there are many examples of Jackisms from Sam since S8 which indicate they've been spending time together: From Company of Thieves: twirling the wrench, from McKay and Mrs. Miller: snapping her thumbs, from Quest I: 'get a room'."
                      Her other points are cute/sweet also. She also points out that Sam DIDN'T kiss AU Martouf...which she should have no problem doing if she wasn't already committed to Jack.

Season 9 started out in upheaval...Jack was suddenly gone to Washington, Sam was gone to Area 51, Teal'c was leaving for Chulak, and Daniel was leaving for Atlantis. It broke my heart! Then Mitchell (who I don't despise...I think of him like a little brother...annoying, but hey! he's family) inherits a dead SG1 -all of the life is gone from it. So even after we spend...what? 5 eps. getting them all back together again...it's like it's not even the same show anymore. It's really not surprising that it only lasted another 2 years (please don't think I'm happy about that).

BTW...Sam's interactions with Ba'al should have been more hostile, I thought...this is the sadistic monster that took pleasure in torturing & killing Jack repeatedly!!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Well we got through Season 9 pretty quickly (like ripping off a bandaid). And now we're on to Season 10.

(As usual, all summaries taken from the GateWorld Episode Guide.)

by hlndncr

As the Ori invade the Jaffa planet Chulak, Vala and Daniel must deal with their leader: Vala's young daughter, rapidly aged by the Ori to serve their purposes.

by hlndncr

SG-1 investigates a problem off-world and soon finds that they have become victims themselves: they cannot stay awake. Meanwhile, Vala Mal Doran undergoes an evaluation on Earth, hoping to join SG-1.

by hlndncr

SG-1 visits Atlantis in the hopes of preventing the Ori from sending more ships through the Supergate, and to find a new lead on Merlin's anti-Ori weapon.

by hlndncr

When Baal comes to Earth seeking help, Stargate Command must capture his clones and determine which one is the genuine article, but Baal and his clones have other plans.

Comment

by hlndncr

(Summary from the GateWorld Episode Guide)

General Landry has ordered SG-1 and Vala Mal Doran to join him at General O'Neill's cabin so they can get to know one another better -- and to take a break from the constant pressure of the Ori. Driving his vintage black Mustang, Colonel Mitchell is the first to arrive despite getting lost.
                          The others have been delayed. Teal'c is off-world assisting SG-3. Colonel Carter, in command of the S.G.C., can't join them until Teal'c and Colonel Reynolds return. Vala will travel with them. Dr. Jackson, in England, has found a private book collection concerning Merlin and Morgan. Mitchell makes his first stuck-alone-with-your-boss faux pas -- When he remarks that Jackson is like a fat kid in a candy store, Landry reveals he was a big boy in his youth.

They are not alone, however. An unseen observer is watching, using a cloaking field SG-1 has encountered before ...

On P9J-333, Teal'c observes the brutality of whatever has ripped villagers apart. Back at the S.G.C., the two men, Carter and Vala discuss the possibility that this creature is Ori-related. Vala volunteers her extensive experience hunting rare, deadly creatures. If her help isn't wanted, she'll devise activities for quality time at the cabin.

Carter sends Teal'c, Vala, Reynolds and SG-3 and 25 back to P9J-333. Vala is thrilled; Teal'c is not, especially when Vala tries to negotiate splitting the money if they sell the captured creature. On the planet, there is another attack. Vala runs to the D.H.D. to summon help. The creature and Teal'c follow. Teal'c uses a grenade to kill it.
                          During a raging storm, Mitchell loses his third chess game to Landry before admitting that he hates it. Landry has been pondering Mitchell's comments about not being in charge ("Insiders"). After Mitchell says he's used to a clearer chain of command, Landry points out that Mitchell made it his personal mission to bring SG-1 back together. Mitchell admits he wouldn't change anything, that he has learned he needs the rest of SG-1. Landry expresses his faith in Mitchell, but adds that winning will require them to work together. Mitchell's job is to see that that happens.

As Cam prepares for bed, the power fails. Hearing a noise, he grabs a pistol. In the process of investigating he nearly shoots Landry, armed with a shotgun, as they round the same corner from opposite directions. They agree to try not to shoot one another before morning before finally turning in.

Next morning, with the power and phones still out, Mitchell prepares to leave, but the road is washed out. He is horrified by the prospect of another day alone with Landry. Back at Stargate Command, Carter is wide-eyed when Vala, who has used the Goa'uld healing device on the wounded of SG-25, actually sits in Landry's chair. But she draws the line when Vala attempts to put her feet on his desk.

Dr. Redon performs an autopsy on the P9J-333 creature. A black worm-like animal emerges. Teal'c zats it before it can attack the doctor.
                          Encountering a wild-eyed hunter, Mitchell helps locate the man's friend, now dismembered like the people on P9J-333. Fearing an alien creature is loose, Mitchell and Landry set out to track it down. While they search, Landry reveals he was shot down and hunted by Viet Cong. Mitchell says he finds work relaxing -- that he's twisted that way.

Soon another mutilated hunter is discovered.

When another team returns with injuries, Carter concludes that the worms aren't an Ori creation, as they only appear on worlds where SG teams have disguised themselves using the Sodan cloaking devices ("Babylon"). In addition, one device is missing from Area 51. Agent Barrett, who has recently recovered from his brainwashing ("Insiders"), is investigating.

Carter and Teal'c test the Sodan devices, hoping to attract the creatures. Emitting radiation, a worm transforms a docile host into a vicious mutant. When Teal'c has been cloaked for a short while, a worm appears. The device's own radiation has provided an inter-dimensional bridge.

Mitchell follows a trail of blood to an invisible something. He orders that the cloaking device be turned off. The man using the device, a Trust agent who has been observing the cabin, has been shot. Carter surmises something worse than a bear is in the woods.

Landry takes over the hunt in the name of national security. A skeptical Sheriff Stokes, who is assured by Landry that everything is fine, is mauled by a massive four-legged monster and dragged off.
                          Carter hands out devices to SG personnel to track the creature. After nightfall the team locates the area of the woods it has been detected, but can't see it. It materializes several times before they kill it. To everyone's shock (minus Vala), a second creature appears and is quickly dispatched.

The next day Teal'c, Vala, Carter, and Mitchell play poker in O'Neill's cabin. Carter admits that she is not a gambler, but Teal'c agrees, evoking her competitiveness. The others drop out. Teal'c eventually folds, much to Carter's delight. Mitchell commits his final faux pas by laughing about Landry thinking the second creature's attack was a joke. Pleased to see them relaxing, Landry joins the game.

Sam & Jack

Landry mentions at the beginning of the episode that Jack doesn’t use the cabin much these days. What do you think of that?

What about Sam being at the cabin without Jack?

Do you think Jack stopped by for a visit later?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            [IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/Shipper%20Rewatch%20Banners/Uninvited.jpg[IMG]
                            by hlndncr

(Summary from the GateWorld Episode Guide)

General Landry has ordered SG-1 and Vala Mal Doran to join him at General O'Neill's cabin so they can get to know one another better -- and to take a break from the constant pressure of the Ori. Driving his vintage black Mustang, Colonel Mitchell is the first to arrive despite getting lost.
                            The others have been delayed. Teal'c is off-world assisting SG-3. Colonel Carter, in command of the S.G.C., can't join them until Teal'c and Colonel Reynolds return. Vala will travel with them. Dr. Jackson, in England, has found a private book collection concerning Merlin and Morgan. Mitchell makes his first stuck-alone-with-your-boss faux pas -- When he remarks that Jackson is like a fat kid in a candy store, Landry reveals he was a big boy in his youth.

They are not alone, however. An unseen observer is watching, using a cloaking field SG-1 has encountered before ...

On P9J-333, Teal'c observes the brutality of whatever has ripped villagers apart. Back at the S.G.C., the two men, Carter and Vala discuss the possibility that this creature is Ori-related. Vala volunteers her extensive experience hunting rare, deadly creatures. If her help isn't wanted, she'll devise activities for quality time at the cabin.

Carter sends Teal'c, Vala, Reynolds and SG-3 and 25 back to P9J-333. Vala is thrilled; Teal'c is not, especially when Vala tries to negotiate splitting the money if they sell the captured creature. On the planet, there is another attack. Vala runs to the D.H.D. to summon help. The creature and Teal'c follow. Teal'c uses a grenade to kill it.
                            During a raging storm, Mitchell loses his third chess game to Landry before admitting that he hates it. Landry has been pondering Mitchell's comments about not being in charge ("Insiders"). After Mitchell says he's used to a clearer chain of command, Landry points out that Mitchell made it his personal mission to bring SG-1 back together. Mitchell admits he wouldn't change anything, that he has learned he needs the rest of SG-1. Landry expresses his faith in Mitchell, but adds that winning will require them to work together. Mitchell's job is to see that that happens.

As Cam prepares for bed, the power fails. Hearing a noise, he grabs a pistol. In the process of investigating he nearly shoots Landry, armed with a shotgun, as they round the same corner from opposite directions. They agree to try not to shoot one another before morning before finally turning in.

Next morning, with the power and phones still out, Mitchell prepares to leave, but the road is washed out. He is horrified by the prospect of another day alone with Landry. Back at Stargate Command, Carter is wide-eyed when Vala, who has used the Goa'uld healing device on the wounded of SG-25, actually sits in Landry's chair. But she draws the line when Vala attempts to put her feet on his desk.

Dr. Redon performs an autopsy on the P9J-333 creature. A black worm-like animal emerges. Teal'c zats it before it can attack the doctor.
                            Encountering a wild-eyed hunter, Mitchell helps locate the man's friend, now dismembered like the people on P9J-333. Fearing an alien creature is loose, Mitchell and Landry set out to track it down. While they search, Landry reveals he was shot down and hunted by Viet Cong. Mitchell says he finds work relaxing -- that he's twisted that way.

Soon another mutilated hunter is discovered.

When another team returns with injuries, Carter concludes that the worms aren't an Ori creation, as they only appear on worlds where SG teams have disguised themselves using the Sodan cloaking devices ("Babylon"). In addition, one device is missing from Area 51. Agent Barrett, who has recently recovered from his brainwashing ("Insiders"), is investigating.

Carter and Teal'c test the Sodan devices, hoping to attract the creatures. Emitting radiation, a worm transforms a docile host into a vicious mutant. When Teal'c has been cloaked for a short while, a worm appears. The device's own radiation has provided an inter-dimensional bridge.

Mitchell follows a trail of blood to an invisible something. He orders that the cloaking device be turned off. The man using the device, a Trust agent who has been observing the cabin, has been shot. Carter surmises something worse than a bear is in the woods.

Landry takes over the hunt in the name of national security. A skeptical Sheriff Stokes, who is assured by Landry that everything is fine, is mauled by a massive four-legged monster and dragged off.
                            Carter hands out devices to SG personnel to track the creature. After nightfall the team locates the area of the woods it has been detected, but can't see it. It materializes several times before they kill it. To everyone's shock (minus Vala), a second creature appears and is quickly dispatched.

The next day Teal'c, Vala, Carter, and Mitchell play poker in O'Neill's cabin. Carter admits that she is not a gambler, but Teal'c agrees, evoking her competitiveness. The others drop out. Teal'c eventually folds, much to Carter's delight. Mitchell commits his final faux pas by laughing about Landry thinking the second creature's attack was a joke. Pleased to see them relaxing, Landry joins the game.

Sam & Jack

Landry mentions at the beginning of the episode that Jack doesn’t use the cabin much these days. What do you think of that?

What about Sam being at the cabin without Jack?

Do you think Jack stopped by for a visit later?
                            Sam and Jack aren't together so no point in going "fishing"

Comment

You're welcome to think that, but I strongly disagree.

However, they are very busy saving the world from the Ori invasion; so spending time together could be difficult.

Personally, I think there are so many inconsistencies and errors in this episode that I have a hard time taking any of it seriously. I think it was all Vala's dream.

Comment

I disagree, too. By this time, Sam had already mentioned that she "Wasn't exactly" single, and I believe that this is a sign that she is involved with Jack. I believe that they got married--because they would have wanted to, but also because if they were married, then the frat regulations wouldn't be an issue if they were ever to be transferred into the same command chain again.

My musing about Sam being at the cabin is whether she takes the master bedroom (since, after all, I would imagine that she's got her stuff there already), or if she depersonalizes it and lets Landry have it because he's the General.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X