No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they touch on a relationship with Sam and Jack as a couple in the SGA novel?

I've not read any of the published novels because I'd rather read the ultra shippy fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
      Howdie Shippers!!

Just popping in to drop off a gift. The next chapter of Going Under for anyone who might be interested. The fic is completed and will be updated every day or two.

Going Under chapter 4:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/4/Going_Under

Hope you like it.

*chants to self: don't look don't look...*
      *presses eyes tightly shut*
      *runs out*
      Amazing action. Just finished Chapter 5. Can't wait for next chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Do they touch on a relationship with Sam and Jack as a couple in the SGA novel?

I've not read any of the published novels because I'd rather read the ultra shippy fanfics
        I wouldn't ever call anything from Fandimonium super S/J shippy. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow to give you a full run down. I'll try.

Comment

Howdie Shippers!

Back again with another chapter - Going Under Chpt 6

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/6/Going_Under

And for old times sake, I'd just like to add:

sigpic
          Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Howdie Shippers!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...a-anni/cs6.jpg
            Yes, a new chapter.

After reading the first chapters I went to your FF page and found another AMAZING story. It's All In The Family. I read the whole thing tonight. Loved every chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
              Hi Shippers,

I just finished reading the Fandemonium Stargate novel "Sunrise" and it has so much shippy-ness in it. A lot of Sam/Jack internal thought and slip-of-the-tongues around the fallout from the Beneath the Surface mind stamp. It always amazes me that when I find time to come to the S/J threads, no one discusses these novels. I actually re-read another Fandemonium novel "Survival of the Fitess" and was surprised at all the shippiness therein too! I think when I originally read it, I was so S/J obsessed that I wanted all out open declarations. But on looking back, that particular novel is accurate in having LOTS of undercurrents and moments that can't come to fruition but fit excellently within the cannon and timeline of what was happening during the timeline that the novel fits within the series. I mean if a book had some all out declaration/sex scene in the middle of a story based in seasons 1-7, the novel would then fall into fantasy/fanfiction and couldn't really be considered legit. If you all do know of a thread discussing the fandemonium novels, please direct me there???
              I think there may be a thread in the fandom section which talks about the novels in general but I don't think there's a specific Sam/Jack in the Novels discussion thread.

I have to admit that the reason that I don't take part in the discussions is that I haven't gotten around to reading them! That said, I would suspect given past posts from those who have read them that the shippy discussion would be fairly restricted given the authors are required to maintain a canon-esque view of the Stargate world.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Howdie Shippers!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...a-anni/cs6.jpg
                *nice* I am enjoying this story!

Comment

Shipper Rewatch Seasons 9 & 10
                  Call for Write-ups

We'll be doing something a little different for the last two seasons. Because of RDA’s departure there is very little Sam/Jack shippy goodness to discuss in these episodes.

So we have selected the following episodes for rewatch and full review:

S9:
                  Avalon 1 and 2
                  Origin
                  Beachhead
                  Ex Deus Machina
                  Ripple Effect

S10:
                  Uninvited
                  The Quest 1 and 2
                  Line in the Sand
                  Road Not Taken
                  The Shroud
                  Bounty
                  Bad Guys
                  Unending

If there is interest we will also do a Sam in Atlantis discussion and end with Continuum.

We’ll be starting after Easter (April 24), and I'll be putting the schedule together shortly. If you’re interested in doing a write-up of any of these episodes, even just one, please PM me! Let me know how many episodes you'd like to do, if there's any dates you know you won't be around, and if there are any episodes you particularly do or don't want to review. And if there’s an episode you would like to review that is not on the list just let me know and I’ll be happy to add it. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                    Yes, a new chapter.

After reading the first chapters I went to your FF page and found another AMAZING story. It's All In The Family. I read the whole thing tonight. Loved every chapter.
                    Thank you!!!! It's nice to think those oldies are still getting read. Btw, thank you for your reviews for Going Under, I've really been appreciating them and promise, I'll answer them eventually

*nice* I am enjoying this story!
                    I'm glad to hear it

And another offering tonight: Chapter 7
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/7/Going_Under

And because this is all that needs to be said...

That's right, Mara and the hand touch strike again. Right when you least expect it
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Thank you!!!! It's nice to think those oldies are still getting read. Btw, thank you for your reviews for Going Under, I've really been appreciating them and promise, I'll answer them eventually

I'm glad to hear it

And another offering tonight: Chapter 7
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/7/Going_Under

And because this is all that needs to be said...
                      Your stories are amazingly written. I've been catching up on as many as I can. Chapter 7 was another winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                        Your stories are amazingly written. I've been catching up on as many as I can. Chapter 7 was another winner.
                        Aww... ... thank you!

Second to last chapter is now up

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/8/Going_Under
                        sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Is there another topic anyone want to discuss before the Season 9 discussion?

Comment

Is there another topic anyone want to discuss before the Season 9 discussion?
                            How about: what's your favourite episode for the ship (friendship for our non-shippers!) and why?

And to kick us off...

My favourite is: Beneath the Surface

I love this episode in respect of Sam/Jack because it shows that the feelings between them are there; buried under their duty and honour but there. I love that they're gravitated to each other despite not knowing who the other is; that they support each other. I love seeing the glimpses of how their relationship would be if they didn't have the regs with her able to confide her frustrations and his open care of her. I love that she's scared of losing him when their memories return; I love that he tries to reassure her that despite the glitches in their memory, the feelings are real and will be there when they get their memories back. I love the angst of their memories returning; the quietly worded 'sir' that Jack repeats back to Sam as all his reassurance is for nought, because yes, the feelings are real but they can't be together and they have lost each other as Sam and Jack in a way.
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Howdie Shippers!!

Dropping in the final chapter of Going Under - Chapter 9
                              Hope you like.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/9/Going_Under
                              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Rachel, I totally agree! Beneath the Surface had many faucets of the ship... fluff, angst, feeling feelings, and heartbreak. Too bad they didn't add a little gutter to the mix.

For me, it was those episodes, such as Metamorphosis and Paradise Lost, where the hidden feelings would show through when the other was in danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X