Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Well how about I take New Order and Gemini, and you take Sacrifices and Citizen Joe?

That means you keep the house and I take the dog, and we give the kids to their Aunt Eileen.

Do I need to put that in legal language for you?
    {{snipped}}
    That's so funny! I can only give you virtual green.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      That's so funny! I can only give you virtual green.
      2 blocks!!!! Isn't that like a couple hundred points?!!!!

Comment

Well how about I take New Order and Gemini, and you take Sacrifices and Citizen Joe?

That means you keep the house and I take the dog, and we give the kids to their Aunt Eileen.

Do I need to put that in legal language for you?

Spoiler:
        The party of the first part, hlndncr, hearby agrees with the party of the second part, Akamaimom, to the following equitable division of the episodes so assigned for review and comment by the party of the third part, Josiane, aka the goddess of organization, aka the great leader of discussion, aka da bomb, on the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread [hereinafter "The Thread"]:

1. The rights to first review of New Order Part 2 and Gemini shall be retained exclusively and in their entirity by the party of the first part. Said right of first review shall not in any way interfere with the future review, discussion or reference to said episodes by the party of the second part or any other unnamed party lawfully participating on The Thread.

2. The rights to first review of Sacrifices and Citizen Joe shall be retained exclusively and in their entirity by the party of the second part. Said right of first review shall not in any way interfere with the future review, discussion or reference to said episodes by the party of the first part or any other unnamed party lawfully participating on The Thread.

3. The party of the third part shall retain all rights to prompt, prod, or cajole said first and second parties into fulfilling their obligations of review within The Thread. Said third party shall also have the exclusive right to slap said first and second parties with a wet noodle should either parties fail in the performance of the duties and obligations agreed upon within The Thread as reviewers and commentors on assigned episodes, said obligations being incorporated herein as an addendum to this agreement.

4. All rights of reviewers and other unnamed parties not subject to this agreement are retained without any modification, variation, or fluxuation in the event horizon in regard to all episodes not specifically describe above, herein, or heretofor.

This agreement shall constitute the complete agreement of the parties. All previous written and verbal contracts in, about, or relating to the subject matter of this agreement are hereby, and hereinafter null and void.

*dies laughing* and blushes too
        *updates the Grand Master Schedule List of Authority*
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

By Bekki

New Order Part 1

Episode Summary

Daniel is hurriedly packing in his office when Weir turns up and tells him that the talks have stalled and the trip to Antarctica is a no-go. Daniel points out Jack is still in stasis. Weir points out Antarctica is governed by a treaty with 11 other nations. Later, in a briefing with SG1, Weir informs them that normal gate activity is suspended until the Antarctica talks are resolved. Sam is focused on getting help for Jack, and puts forward a plan to use the modified cargo ship from The Lost City to get to the Asgard home galaxy and contact Thor who must be monitoring the Replicator situation. Weir says no: the ship is too valuable. Sam follows her into the office and basically tells her that either she gets permission to take the ship or they can forget about her ever reverse engineering what Jack did to modify it in the first place. Later, Sam tells Daniel that only she and Teal'c are going; if they fail Daniel will be Jack's only hope.

On the way to Othalla, Sam trying to think about Jack has been working on the engines, but she visits with Teal'c in the cockpit and they discuss (or rather don't) their various 'others.' Sam noting out loud that it's always hard to say goodbye to someone you care about when you don't know if you're coming back. Back on Earth, Daniel and Weir get a message from the System Lords; they want to discuss a treaty.

Sam and Teal'c almost get dragged into a black hole but Thor saves them. Sam immediately brings up Jack and Thor promises to go to Earth once his current mission (destroying the Replicators by trapping their time dilated planet into a black hole he created) is complete. Back on Earth, Daniel briefs Weir on the System Lords coming to visit. As they step through the gate they are their usual obnoxious selves.

Meanwhile, a Replicator ship makes a break for it and engages with Thor's vessel - Sam is spirited away by the replicators as she and Teal'c go to do battle with them. Back on Earth, treaty negotiations are going as expected: badly. They find out Ba'al has control of Anubis's supersoldiers and the System Lords kind of want Earth to get rid of him for them and hint that they know the Asgard protected planet thing is a huge bluff by the Asgard.

Sam starts getting tortured by Fifth who isn't pleased to see her despite her passionate apology for leaving him behind. Weir demands Ba'al's territory. Daniel is horrified by Weir's suggestion that they may have to wake up Jack to operate the control chair pointing out that it will likely kill Jack.

The replicator ship is headed for the Asgard's new home world of Orilla. Fifth torments Sam who begs him to stop and when he hesitates, he looks at her speculatively. As Thor has sent on the coordinates of the replicator ship to the Asgard fleet, the replicator ship is fired upon and reported destroyed to Thor and Teal'c who believe Sam has perished along with it. Meanwhile, Earth realises the Goa'uld are sending a ship to test their defences and stop the System Lords from leaving...

to be continued in Part 2

Favourite Quote

Sam: So, you collapsed the sun?
          Thor: By artificially increasing its gravitational field, yes.
          Sam: That's…pretty cool.

Favourite Scene

Sam faced off against Weir in the office.

Discussion

OK, so not my favourite episode ever because most of this is build-up for the next part and the rest of the season outlining the major threats. But it does do its job in that respect.

Daniel and Weir: I do think the Daniel/Weir dynamic works here in that it's nice to see the diplomatic side of the table getting to do the diplomatic stuff. It would be easy to dismiss this as filler for the action that Sam and Teal'c have elsewhere but it does provide the exposition on the Goa'uld status post the death of Apophis and Earth displaying it's shiny new weapon.

Sam and Jack

Weirdly, this is a very shippy episode for all that Jack isn't in it in person. Sam is absolutely determined to rescue Jack. Jack and his situation are the first things on her mind every time she talks to someone: in the briefing, with Daniel and Teal'c, with Teal'c, with Thor - the only exception is Fifth and even then it was Jack who ordered him to leave Fifth behind so every interaction she has practically is associated with Jack in some way.

I love the scene with Weir because this is Sam blackmailing her boss to allow her to rescue Jack. She uses her own personal leverage to get what she wants. She risks her life to save him (with Teal'c along for the ride) and even leaves Daniel behind as a contingency plan to save Jack if she and Teal'c are not successful.

Interestingly, there is no mention of how much time has elapsed between The Lost City and New Order. In retrospect I don't think it's as long as two months but possibly it's longer than a few weeks. Clearly there have been talks and they have stalled a few times if the frustration at the beginning is anything to go by, and out in the galaxy Ba'al's had time to get control and declare war on the rest of the system lords.

Ah, Pete. Well I think the mention of him here is to support the appearance in Part 2 when Fifth uses him in his fantasy world. But to pick up on some recent discussions, given the timing - I can't see that Pete has featured very heavily in Sam's thoughts for the weeks Jack's been missing (she literally is completely focused on Jack); she's taken aback by Teal'c's question and her answer that everything is greta is clearly false enough that Teal'c gives her the eyebrow. I personally think her answer that it's hard to say goodbye to someone you care about (not love) when you know you may never come back, is less about how she feels about Pete and more to do with her choice: she's chosen to risk her life to save one man (the one she knows she loves) and has left the man she is dating back on Earth. I'm sure that is causing all kinds of internal questions and debates that she's suppressing and trying not to think about.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Thanks Rachel for your great review of New Order Part 1 to kick off our Season 8 discussion!

By Me

Summary:
            With a Goa'uld mothership en route to attack Earth, Dr. Elizabeth Weir has ordered the Goa'uld dignitaries Camulus, Amaterasu, and Yu detained. Hereafter what happens at the SGC is really uninteresting and unimportant. A short time later Daniel reports the ship’s been destroyed by Baal. Then he’s whisked away by Thor for the real fun. Yu’s First Prime convinces Weir to let them go and fight. Camulus asks to stay on earth because his forces have already been defeated.

In another galaxy, stray blocks from the destroyed Replicator vessel have rained down upon the Asgard’s new home world. Hoping to stop this threat with the Ancient knowledge in Colonel O'Neill's mind, Thor and Teal'c rush to Earth and grab Jack, still in stasis, and Daniel. Thor interfaces O'Neill's mind with the ship, and almost immediately he begins to construct something.

A very much alive Sam Carter awakens to find herself with hair extensions and living on a farm in Montana with . He tries to convince her that a year before she left the S.G.C. because of mental stress, and to be with him and that she has been seeing a shrink because of nightmares. (And who wouldn’t be having nightmares if you are going to bed and waking up to that!!!) But she doesn’t buy it. Eventually loses his cool and transforms into Fifth (an improvement if you ask me), who professes his love for her.

As the Asgard stasis unit sustaining O'Neill's life begins to fail, Jack completes the design for a device in conjunction with the ship's computers. Thor wipes the knowledge of the Ancients from his mind, and O'Neill is resuscitated. He is unaware of the purpose of the device he has constructed, but Thor believes it may indeed be a weapon to defeat the Replicators. Thor beams a human form Replicator into the stasis pod to try and gather information and they are able to discover that Sam is still alive. The Replicator then awakens, escaping from the pod and commandeering Teal'c's weapon. On instinct, O'Neill grabs the device he has constructed and fires it at the Replicator, rendering all of its component blocks inert. Having seen the device in action, Thor is now able to create a large-scale weapon from the data stored in the computer to wipe out all of the Replicators on Orilla. He transports SG-1 to the surface in the hopes of freeing Carter.

The team is confronted by hundreds of Replicators. SG-1 fires at will, but are soon intercepted by Fifth, who warns that any more destruction of his brethren will result in Carter's instant death. They have no choice but to comply. Fifth returns to Carter, telling her that the Asgard, with the help of O’Neill, have developed a weapon to destroy him and his brethren. Carter makes one final plea to Fifth; if he has a shred of humanity and truly loves her, he will free her. Thor successfully powers the larger-scale weapon on his ship and discharges it over the Asgard colony, destroying all remaining Replicators -- while Fifth's newly constructed Replicator ship flees Orilla into hyperspace. O'Neill, Jackson, and Teal'c find Sam alive nearby.

Epilogue:
            After the team returns to Earth, Dr. Weir announces her reassignment to head up the research project at the Ancient weapons outpost in Antarctica. The S.G.C. will now be overseen by a Brigadier General named ... Jack O'Neill. General Hammond will oversee a new secret department that is unofficially being called "Homeworld Security," which includes Stargate Command, Prometheus, and the 303 construction project. After consulting his teammates, Jack accepts the promotion and the new position. His first order of business? To promote Sam to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.

Inside Fifth's vessel has managed to retrieve enough neutronium to create another human form Replicator, a duplicate of Samantha Carter, who he hopes will help him conquer the galaxy.

Favorite Scene:
            When the team finds Sam alive after the Replicators have fled, the entire team is of course relieved to have her back, but the barely contained emotions between Jack and Sam to see one another alive are palpable.

Favorite Lines:
            to Come on. You can’t really expect me to just play along?
            (If only she had said this to the real and dumped his sorry @$$ so much sooner!)

You'll be in charge, you can do whatever you want.
            I'll be able to do whatever I want.
            Within reason…sir.
            (What did Jack want to do?)
            The other reason I took this job was so I could do really cool stuff like this. It is with great pride that my first order of business as Commander of this base is the announcement of the promotion of Major Samantha Carter to Lieutenant Colonel.

Generally:
            To me this whole episode is shippy, start to finish. There’s hardly a moment in it that I can’t give some kind of shippy spin.

OK, the Weir stuff back at the SGC isn’t really shippy, but it’s also not a very significant part of the ep IMHO. It does do a nice job of setting up her character as a good leader (all ready to take over the Atlantis expedition) and leaves us with a picture of the galactic politics that we’ll be seeing throughout the season, but I think Part 1 already took care of these issues and gave Weir a stronger story.

Jack’s Promotion:
            I’m going to skip ahead to the end because Jack’s promotion doesn’t really play a role in the main story; it’s really just tacked on to the end as set up for the rest of the season. From a production stand point Jack’s promotion to general and head of the SGC was absolutely necessary. RDA had cut back his schedule so much Jack’s character and the whole dynamic of the show was beginning to suffer, IMO. They couldn’t keep shooting him in the arm or sending him on extended fishing vacations (alone). If they were going to keep him on the show his role had to be redefined, and with Don S. Davis leaving the show for health reasons they had the perfect opportunity.

I also think it was a good move characterwise. The whole team had been together in the same roles for seven years, which was really stretching credulity (of course everything else about the show is so realistic ). Having Jack become “the Man” brought back into play some of the leadership and diplomatic skills his character seemed to have lost with Daniel’s return.

Along with Jack’s promotion came Sam’s, which I didn’t think was as successful because IMO we didn’t get to see Sam as the leader of SG1 nearly enough. But I’m sure I’ll point that out again several times throughout the season. It makes sense that this would be Jack’s first order of business. There are several other higher ranking officers ready to take over leadership as SG1 (although Sam likely has superior experience) and so the new rank is necessary to justify her position. It also demonstrates his loyalty to his friends. Even if you don’t see the ship (which of course I do), Jack clearly sees Sam as his protégé and successor and he is going to carry her with him as far as she can go. This is why I can’t see him catching a promotion and a plane to DC and leaving his friends behind later on (but I’m really trying not to get too far ahead of the discussion here).

The promotion ceremony itself is super shippy. The first time Jack assists with Sam’s promotion, to major, you can see the pride he has in her. This time around the pride is still there, but there is also such an intense adoration that you feel like it’s almost a private moment between the two of them. (Just as an aside, in the commentary we learn that a lot of that was created by the editing and was thus an intentional choice by the director. In the scene as filmed RDA was having so much fun with Gary Jones that it was taking the focus away from Sam; hence the multiple dissolves.) At the end as they are looking at one another before Sam takes the oath the director on the commentary stated, “And then they kiss.” And it really does look a little bit like the end of a wedding rather than a promotion. I almost did expect him to “kiss the bride” so to speak. But Jack’s promotion puts the possibility of any personal relationship between them even more out of reach because even though they are finally no longer on the same team she remains tied in even more firmly to his chain of command. Oh, the angst!!

Comment

One of these days I may learn to be succinct, but apparently today is not that day.

New Order Part 2, continued

Fifth:
              I find myself thinking of Fifth as a tragic character; someone I feel sorry for more than anything. Through his own emotional immaturity and infatuation with Sam he is first deceived and trapped in the time dilation field, then tries and fails to get Sam to love him so he lets her go, and after creating a version of Sam that he’s sure will bring him happiness she too deceives him and eventually destroys him. Other than maybe the brief time when he’s torturing Sam in revenge for leaving him (and I must note that AT’s acting was amazing in the scene where she begs him for mercy), he never really had the upper hand. It seems he was destined for rejection and failure. Sam’s responsibility in the tragedy of Fifth I think is best left for the Gemini discussion. I’ll just say that in the end Fifth fell victim to the curse of Sam because, like pretty much all her suitors before him, he made the mistake of trying to drag her into his world and place his emotions and expectations on her.

Jack, OTH, does not need to drag Sam into his world because their parallel experiences strengthen the natural connection and chemistry between them. The torture she endures at the hands of Fifth for example has strong parallels to Jack’s experience with Baal. And again Stargate’s common failing of not showing some consequences within and among the characters from such experiences is a real shame.

Sam & : Illusion vs. Reality:
              Of course the first question I have to answer for myself is why Sam, why? Why ?!

From a production standpoint, even had the writers wanted to taunt us with an illusion of Sam and Jack as a picture of domestic bliss, they couldn’t. RDA was scheduled for only a day and a half of shooting. So there was no way he could play a prominent role in two separate storylines shot at three different locations. was a practical necessity.

As far as a character explanation goes, I’m still having trouble coming up with one that is completely satisfying to me. Fifth explains that he created the illusion of her and together on a farm in Montana because he was attempting to give her something she wanted badly enough that it would convince her to stay. But we’ve never seen any indication that Sam is interested in farming (or Montana for that matter); in fact it seems quite opposite from the geeky, tech loving Sam we know. It could say that Sam has thought about being with in a traditional, domestic situation and this is how Fifth chose to interpret those thoughts. But why would Fifth ignore Sam’s obvious feelings for Jack that he must have seen within her mind? Perhaps because they are chaotic and unresolved? Sam doesn’t even really understand them so Fifth certainly wouldn’t be able to interpret them. Sam tells Fifth that human emotions are very overwhelming and I believe she speaks from experience here, having been driven by her emotions for Jack throughout this entire adventure.

And I have to ask the question: If it had been Jack, would she have been more likely to be taken in by Fifth’s deception? I really don’t think so. As much as she may long for happiness with Jack (and I think it is difficult to deny that at least some part of her still does), I don’t think she really believes it’s possible under any circumstance. So maybe that’s why Fifth shied away from that scenario. Because he knew he could not make it believable to her.

And while she was never really fooled by Fifth’s construct, in the end she creates her own illusory world with . When she’s standing in front of the house in Threads and is describing their life together (complete with yellow kitchen, kids and a dog) did Sam have visions of an imaginary farmhouse in a distant galaxy flash through her mind?

The Reunion of Sam and Jack:
              My favorite part of the episode!

Jack’s hunt for Sam in this episode is the flip side of Sam doing whatever it takes to save Jack in the last one. First he wakes to find her gone and then when he learns she’s alive he not only goes after her but even goes so far as to argue with Thor over the value of her life verses the entire Asgard civilization. Of course, in the end he makes the choice to fight even knowing the risk to her, and she understands and even applauds his decision.

Oh that first moment when they see one another again and know that they are both alive and together! Jack especially is desperate to touch her and confirm she is really there. Sam, OTH, seems a little hesitant, maybe because of her recent experience with Fifth’s deceptions?

I am convinced, however, that there was at least a hug between them; we just didn’t see it. (And Jack had resigned in Lost City; so technically they aren’t in the same chain of command at that moment. ) Of course Daniel and Teal’c were happy to have Sam back as well, but it feels like they are hanging back some, giving Jack and Sam a small moment together in their own little bubble. Its unfortunate the bubble has to burst so soon and the season continues forward with the two of them separated and apart once again.

Comment

Great reviews for New Order, Thanxs Rachel and Hlndncr! Here is some green!

My fav line from New Order Part One. When Thor tells Sam that the black hole prevented him from communication with Earth, Sam nods her head and turns to Teal'c
                : That's understandable
                : Indeed... to some.

After Teal'c says this, Sam turns back and smiles at the comment... Teal'c told a joke! Thought that was really cute interaction between the two.

We touched on the subject briefly in Lost City review, but I will say again what a surprise it was when Sam revealed to Teal'c that she was still with after the events of Lost City. I found myself not able to watch the whole scene, but FF through it!! It just makes me nauseous, so I try not to think about it!

Also, I think Sam looked really good in this ep... not that she doesn't always look good, but she was tanned, her hair was a good cut (imo) and her blue eyes really popped out. Plus she was sporting the super-chick sleeveless tank-top... no more bulky BDU tops for her!

In Part two, Jack is back, and I love all his scenes. From the hologram on Thor's ship, to the "touching" on the thigh after rescuing Sam, to the well deserved promotion of Carter. Too bad we didn't see Jack's promotion ceremony, but I guess since they've shown Sam's in season three to Major, they wanted to continue the trend.

One other point... why do you think neither, Jack, Daniel or Teal'c seemed that broken up by her supposed death?? I guess they were still in a state of shock by the news, and then the action started up and Sam was found to be alive, so they didn't have time to process?? Still, I think they should have been a little more devastated.

Favorite quote from New Order, Part Two:
                Teal'c, what's with the hair??

Comment

One of these days I may learn to be succinct, but apparently today is not that day.

New Order Part 2, continued

(snip)

From a production standpoint, even had the writers wanted to taunt us with an illusion of Sam and Jack as a picture of domestic bliss, they couldn’t. RDA was scheduled for only a day and a half of shooting. So there was no way he could play a prominent role in two separate storylines shot at three different locations. was a practical necessity.

i remember amanda making a comment in an interview back then, that made it seem like there would be a sam/jack fantasy concerning this episode. i could have misread it, but... i wonder if there *was*, but it was edited (like some of the other shippy stuff) to 1- make more of a sam/pete thing gag, or 2- to hold off the s/j big stuff to later. (still waiting on the big stuff pay off)

but when i watched 'new order', i expected something. then wondered if it was another episode. it never came.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post

One other point... why do you think neither, Jack, Daniel or Teal'c seemed that broken up by her supposed death?? I guess they were still in a state of shock by the news, and then the action started up and Sam was found to be alive, so they didn't have time to process?? Still, I think they should have been a little more devastated.
                    that's a very good question.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

...but I will say again what a surprise it was when Sam revealed to Teal'c that she was still with after the events of Lost City. I found myself not able to watch the whole scene, but FF through it!! It just makes me nauseous, so I try not to think about it!
                      Hands Lucy a plate of cookies, a slice of cake and a dish (a pint?) of ice cream to drown her sorrows in.

Comment

Great reviews for New Order, Thanxs Rachel and Hlndncr! Here is some green!

My fav line from New Order Part One. When Thor tells Sam that the black hole prevented him from communication with Earth, Sam nods her head and turns to Teal'c
                        : That's understandable
                        : Indeed... to some.

After Teal'c says this, Sam turns back and smiles at the comment... Teal'c told a joke! Thought that was really cute interaction between the two.

We touched on the subject briefly in Lost City review, but I will say again what a surprise it was when Sam revealed to Teal'c that she was still with after the events of Lost City. I found myself not able to watch the whole scene, but FF through it!! It just makes me nauseous, so I try not to think about it!

Also, I think Sam looked really good in this ep... not that she doesn't always look good, but she was tanned, her hair was a good cut (imo) and her blue eyes really popped out. Plus she was sporting the super-chick sleeveless tank-top... no more bulky BDU tops for her!
                        They used a lot of backlighting on AT, which creates that glow that makes her look so good. That's not to say that AT isn't naturally beautiful, as you point out the newer sexier look for Sam certainly demonstrates how much they've down played AT's natrtal beauty throughout the series. Watched Santuary for the first time this weekend and one thing that really struck me is how absolutely gorgeous AT is. You can really see how much they toned down her looks in Stargate. I don't know how much of that was a conscious choice, and I think that worked for Sam's character, but still!

In Part two, Jack is back, and I love all his scenes. From the hologram on Thor's ship, to the "touching" on the thigh after rescuing Sam, to the well deserved promotion of Carter. Too bad we didn't see Jack's promotion ceremony, but I guess since they've shown Sam's in season three to Major, they wanted to continue the trend.
                        Agree. I would liked to have seen Jack's promotion.

I think they are all very used to putting aside their emotions for the sake of the mission. They were in the middle of a crisis and couldn't do anything about their loss at that moment. Actually, I thought each one did a good job of showing some of the emotional impact when they learned about Sam's supposed demise. I wouldn't expect any of them to fall apart right their, but you can see the pain in their faces that they know their going to have to deal with later when things calm down. Fortunately, Sam is back by then and they don't have to. And it is suggested that Daniel may have been worried about Jack's reaction to the news when he first "wakes up." That's certainly something.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i remember amanda making a comment in an interview back then, that made it seem like there would be a sam/jack fantasy concerning this episode. i could have misread it, but... i wonder if there *was*, but it was edited (like some of the other shippy stuff) to 1- make more of a sam/pete thing gag, or 2- to hold off the s/j big stuff to later. (still waiting on the big stuff pay off)

but when i watched 'new order', i expected something. then wondered if it was another episode. it never came.
                          Well I'm not saying I wouldn't have LOVED to see a Sam/Jack thing. Maybe that was the original plan and then it changed for the practical reasons I mentioned, which then meant we all had the misfortune of enduring more . And it is too bad we still haven't, as you put it, seen the big stuff with Sam and Jack. *sigh of frustration and longing*

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Hands Lucy a plate of cookies, a slice of cake and a dish (a pint?) of ice cream to drown her sorrows in.
                            Thanks, I'll take it! Then I'll go read some extra fluffy fanfic!

Comment

Thanks, I'll take it! Then I'll go read some extra fluffy fanfic!
                              Always an excellent remedy.

Comment

I think they are all very used to putting aside their emotions for the sake of the mission. They were in the middle of a crisis and couldn't do anything about their loss at that moment. Actually, I thought each one did a good job of showing some of the emotional impact when they learned about Sam's supposed demise. I wouldn't expect any of them to fall apart right their, but you can see the pain in their faces that they know their going to have to deal with later when things calm down. Fortunately, Sam is back by then and they don't have to. And it is suggested that Daniel may have been worried about Jack's reaction to the news when he first "wakes up." That's certainly something.
                                Yes, this is true... I suppose he wasn't quite himself at this point, he was still Ancient and part of the ship's computer. So maybe, when he woke up as himself, he didn't remember that Sam was supposedly dead. I mean, he didn't know what the replicator weapon was that he built, so maybe the information of Sam's death was wiped out as well as the Ancient knowledge...?

Comment

Working...
                                X