Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
    Love and passion cycle in a marriage or relationship like most everything in life. There are time (and sometimes months) when you could easily smother your beloved spouse in his sleep and time when he is a god among men - mostly it runs somewhere in the middle (trust, affection, commitment, etc.).
    Sometimes with a new love it burns hot, cools to a mid simmer and fall off into the lukewarm of "What am I doing??"
    I see the first as Sam and Jack and the second as Sam and Pete.
    I totally agree with this. Very well put.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

LAST CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR SEASON 8!!!

If anyone else would like to do a few/some/many/one write-up for season 8, please PM me by the end of tomorrow (Sunday 2nd), and let me know how many episodes, and which ones you would or would not like to do. I'll then work out the schedule on Monday and hopefully we can pick up with New Order from next weekend

Thanks!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I've just PMed everyone who has volunteered to do one or more reviews for season 8, and will confirm the schedule on here as soon as I'm fairly sure it's OK with everyone! But just to let you know, the plan is to kick off with New Order (both parts) on Monday 10th January.

Can't wait to get stuck in to some more episodes!
        sigpic

Comment

OK, so here's the S8 schedule:

10th January - New Order (part 1 - Rachel500, part 2 - hlndncr)
          13th January - Lockdown (Petra)
          17th January - Zero Hour (Josi)
          20th January - Icon (EvenstarSRV)
          24th January - Avatar (Petra)
          27th January - Affinity (Sarai)
          31st January - Covenant (Lucycat)
          3rd February - Sacrifices (hlndncr)
          7th February - Endgame (Rachel500)
          10th February - Prometheus Unbound (Josi)
          14th February - Gemini (hlndncr)
          17th February - It's Good to be King (Sarai)
          21st February - Full Alert (Petra)
          24th February - Citizen Joe (hlndncr)
          28th February - Reckoning (part 1 - EvenstarSRV, part 2 - Gumarx)
          3rd March - Threads (Josi)
          7th March - Moebius (part 1 - Lucycat, part 2 - Rachel500)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Thanks Josi!

I'm so excited for Season 8!

Comment

(Fly-by to repeat the message I posted on S/J Appreciation Thread)

MESSAGE TO MY FELLOW SHIPPERS AFFECTED BY THE FLOODS IN AUSTRALIA:

Just sending my prayers for your safety and for your loved ones. Please take care.
              - TE1

(And hello Shippers online and everywhere - Safe and Sound New Year- Flying out!)

-Nope, you're not seeing triples; accidentally posted on Appreciation thread again! My bad. - TE1
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I thought I'd sent a PM that I could write one or two, too, but apparently I didn't. So, if anyone can't get one done, it's possible that I could help out. I love Season 8! I can't wait to get watching!
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  I thought I'd sent a PM that I could write one or two, too, but apparently I didn't. So, if anyone can't get one done, it's possible that I could help out. I love Season 8! I can't wait to get watching!
                  Sorry! Just checked back and I didn't see one from you Maybe a couple of us could give up an episode each for you? Any volunteers?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry! Just checked back and I didn't see one from you Maybe a couple of us could give up an episode each for you? Any volunteers?
                    Maybe I sent it to the wrong person? The past few weeks have been NUTS for me, so it's entirely likely that some random person on GW has received my message. Whoops.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Maybe I sent it to the wrong person? The past few weeks have been NUTS for me, so it's entirely likely that some random person on GW has received my message. Whoops.
                      That's always entirely possible! I'm always worried I'll send PMs to random people too
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I have four; so which one of mine would you like?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          Well I have four; so which one of mine would you like?
                          You're the attorney. Why don't you make an equitable split and send me a contract? Tee hee.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

You're the attorney. Why don't you make an equitable split and send me a contract? Tee hee.
                            Well how about I take New Order and Gemini, and you take Sacrifices and Citizen Joe?

That means you keep the house and I take the dog, and we give the kids to their Aunt Eileen.

Do I need to put that in legal language for you?

Spoiler:
                            The party of the first part, hlndncr, hearby agrees with the party of the second part, Akamaimom, to the following equitable division of the episodes so assigned for review and comment by the party of the third part, Josiane, aka the goddess of organization, aka the great leader of discussion, aka da bomb, on the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread [hereinafter "The Thread"]:

1. The rights to first review of New Order Part 2 and Gemini shall be retained exclusively and in their entirity by the party of the first part. Said right of first review shall not in any way interfere with the future review, discussion or reference to said episodes by the party of the second part or any other unnamed party lawfully participating on The Thread.

2. The rights to first review of Sacrifices and Citizen Joe shall be retained exclusively and in their entirity by the party of the second part. Said right of first review shall not in any way interfere with the future review, discussion or reference to said episodes by the party of the first part or any other unnamed party lawfully participating on The Thread.

3. The party of the third part shall retain all rights to prompt, prod, or cajole said first and second parties into fulfilling their obligations of review within The Thread. Said third party shall also have the exclusive right to slap said first and second parties with a wet noodle should either parties fail in the performance of the duties and obligations agreed upon within The Thread as reviewers and commentors on assigned episodes, said obligations being incorporated herein as an addendum to this agreement.

4. All rights of reviewers and other unnamed parties not subject to this agreement are retained without any modification, variation, or fluxuation in the event horizon in regard to all episodes not specifically describe above, herein, or heretofor.

This agreement shall constitute the complete agreement of the parties. All previous written and verbal contracts in, about, or relating to the subject matter of this agreement are hereby, and hereinafter null and void.

Comment

Well how about I take New Order and Gemini, and you take Sacrifices and Citizen Joe?

That means you keep the house and I take the dog, and we give the kids to their Aunt Eileen.

Spoiler:
                              The party of the first part, hlndncr, hearby agrees with the party of the second part, Akamaimom, to the following equitable division of the episodes so assigned for review and comment by the party of the third part, Josiane, aka the goddess of organization, aka the great leader of discussion, aka da bomb, on the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread [hereinafter "The Thread"]:

1. The rights to first review of New Order Part 2 and Gemini shall be retained exclusively and in their entirity by the party of the first part. Said right of first review shall not in any way interfere with the future review, discussion or reference to said episodes by the party of the second part or any other unnamed party lawfully participating on The Thread.

2. The rights to first review of Sacrifices and Citizen Joe shall be retained exclusively and in their entirity by the party of the second part. Said right of first review shall not in any way interfere with the future review, discussion or reference to said episodes by the party of the first part or any other unnamed party lawfully participating on The Thread.

3. The party of the third part shall retain all rights to prompt, prod, or cajole said first and second parties into fulfilling their obligations of review within The Thread. Said third party shall also have the exclusive right to slap said first and second parties with a wet noodle should either parties fail in the performance of the duties and obligations agreed upon within The Thread as reviewers and commentors on assigned episodes, said obligations being incorporated herein as an addendum to this agreement.

4. All rights of reviewers and other unnamed parties not subject to this agreement are retained without any modification, variation, or fluxuation in the event horizon in regard to all episodes not specifically describe above, herein, or heretofor.

This agreement shall constitute the complete agreement of the parties. All previous written and verbal contracts in, about, or relating to the subject matter of this agreement are hereby, and hereinafter null and void.

What was it that Shakespeare said about lawyers????

That's HILARIOUS! I can't green you, but I'll send you TONS of Cyber-shippy-laughing-green!

You are, quite awesomely, a RIOT!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X