Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    I tend to reconcile the briefing scene as being a big clue that this isn't Jack but Clone!Jack. That Jack fully grown and adult would not have barged in and taken over. But this is a Clone who has begun to make his own choices, hampered by the physiology and hormones of his younger body. It leads onto the second choice that the Clone makes in not allowing Sam's plea to sway him in regards to the Tok'ra. Would adult Jack have allowed Sam to persuade him? Possibly not in fairness but I can't see adult Jack breaking out of the SGC and running away from the decision because he's scared either.

That's a pretty valid point actually. At the end of the episode we do see that Older Jack and Clone Jack are two separate people who are chosing to follow different paths. I still don't quite "buy" the whole idea but it does add a qualifier onto previous actions withint the episode as you point out.

And, not at all serious but I'm sure someone, somewhere was bemoaning the fact we'd not "thunked the bum" enough in this discussion so, for your delectation, I present CuteSleepingJack and his cute derrière:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      That's a pretty valid point actually. At the end of the episode we do see that Older Jack and Clone Jack are two separate people who are chosing to follow different paths. I still don't quite "buy" the whole idea but it does add a qualifier onto previous actions withint the episode as you point out.

And, not at all serious but I'm sure someone, somewhere was bemoaning the fact we'd not "thunked the bum" enough in this discussion so, for your delectation, I present CuteSleepingJack and his cute derrière:

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Majikthize/Stargate%20Stuff/Fragile-Balancebumshot.jpg[/URL]

And of course it's Sam who gets to wake him up.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        And of course it's Sam who gets to wake him up.
        But it's Teal'c's voice he responds to.

Comment

Ah but she doesn't. Despite the fact she nudges him and calls him (colonel) and Daniel practically shouts his name, it's Teal'c's calm "O'Neill" that actually does the trick. That bit always cracks me up for some reason. Maybe it's the thought of someone and thunky as Jack wearing socks to bed... I mean that's just wrong! (Mind you, having seen RDA's feet on one of the bts segments, I'd say covering them up is no bad thing. )
          sigpic

Comment

(Mind you, having seen RDA's feet on one of the bts segments, I'd say covering them up is no bad thing. )
            Psst, what's wrong with his feet? I must have not seen the documentary you are referring to
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
              Psst, what's wrong with his feet? I must have not seen the documentary you are referring to
              To quote RDA himself "Too many years of jamming them into too small hockey boots". They're... uh, well, I happen to think feet are the single most ugly part of the human anatomy anyway so I'm probably not going to think that highly of any feet, let alone somewhat mangled ones... But then again, who looks at the foundations when the soaring archways are oh so beautiful!

The bts was either the Lost City or the Threads director series... I can't remember which one it was now, but I know it was in Jack's house.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah but she doesn't. Despite the fact she nudges him and calls him (colonel) and Daniel practically shouts his name, it's Teal'c's calm "O'Neill" that actually does the trick. That bit always cracks me up for some reason. Maybe it's the thought of someone and thunky as Jack wearing socks to bed... I mean that's just wrong! (Mind you, having seen RDA's feet on one of the bts segments, I'd say covering them up is no bad thing. )
                I was referring to the bending over and nudging. And maybe he doesn't respond because he was also hearing her voice in his *ahem* dreams.

But of course you all are right. I was responding to the picture rather than to the actual episode. My bad.

And there isn't a Director's series to Threads. Or a Commentary. Grumble grumble grumble.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

I was referring to the bending over and nudging. And maybe he doesn't respond because he was also hearing her voice in his *ahem* dreams.

Well my own shippy spin is that it bodes well for all those nights when she sits up until silly o clock and crawls into bed. He can probably sleep right through her disturbing him, eh?
                  Although I imagine there's night when she deliberately makes sure he wakes up - I bet she has her ways...

... oh dear, see I told you to clear up that gutter water from the appreciation thread; it's seeped under the door here.

And there isn't a Director's series to Threads. Or a Commentary. Grumble grumble grumble.

There is a director's series for Threads (at least on region 2). It's not on the Threads disc though; it's on the one with Gemini on (the one before). Thinking about it, I am sure the "foot" comment was on that, since I think they were in Jack's bedroom shooting that scene where he wakes up with Kerry. Oh dammit, now I have to go check!
                  sigpic

Comment

Well my own shippy spin is that it bodes well for all those nights when she sits up until silly o clock and crawls into bed. He can probably sleep right through her disturbing him, eh?
                    Although I imagine there's night when she deliberately makes sure he wakes up - I bet she has her ways...

... oh dear, see I told you to clear up that gutter water from the appreciation thread; it's seeped under the door here.

There is a director's series for Threads (at least on region 2). It's not on the Threads disc though; it's on the one with Gemini on (the one before). Thinking about it, I am sure the "foot" comment was on that, since I think they were in Jack's bedroom shooting that scene where he wakes up with Kerry. Oh dammit, now I have to go check!
                    I'll have to look, but I'm fairly certain that my disks don't have that. What are we all missing?
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

I'll never get why they put different stuff on the different regions. It's not fair!

Well as DS go it's not the most satisfying one so you're not really missing much tbh. There is the bit about the feet on it during the shooting at Jack's house, a bit about doing jaffa make up, shooting the scene where Pete meets Jacob (AT says to camera that she's going to dump Pete), scene from the diner with Daniel, a few scenes with Teal'c and Bra'tac and the jaffa. Not a lot of talky stuff though; I prefer DS where the director actually talks to us and tells us what they are doing.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll never get why they put different stuff on the different regions. It's not fair!

Well as DS go it's not the most satisfying one so you're not really missing much tbh. There is the bit about the feet on it during the shooting at Jack's house, a bit about doing jaffa make up, shooting the scene where Pete meets Jacob (AT says to camera that she's going to dump Pete), scene from the diner with Daniel, a few scenes with Teal'c and Bra'tac and the jaffa. Not a lot of talky stuff though; I prefer DS where the director actually talks to us and tells us what they are doing.
                        I'd have taken anything they had about the episode rather than nothing.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

I'll have to look, but I'm fairly certain that my disks don't have that. What are we all missing?
                          The region 1 DVDs (that's the US) held back several features that are included on the 4 bonus discs exclusively in the complete series collection. The Threads bts is on Bonus Disc 4 (The only one I don't have because my set came with 2 Disc 3s and I despite my complaints I was never given a replacement, but that's another story!)

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            The region 1 DVDs (that's the US) held back several features that are included on the 4 bonus discs exclusively in the complete series collection. The Threads bts is on Bonus Disc 4 (The only one I don't have because my set came with 2 Disc 3s and I despite my complaints I was never given a replacement, but that's another story!)
                            Ooh--there's a new reason to buy that edition.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

I knew I'd seen this somewhere, yay YouTube

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcXeh0Ukenc
                              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKWOI...eature=related
                              (thanks to jumble26 for uploading the vids)

Good discussion on Fragile Balance. I'm personally not too fond of it because I feel like much of the storyline was hampered by the need to play mini-Jack for laughs too often, like the 302 briefing scene. Considering he was planning on running it I would assume the pilots' briefing materials, most likely prepared by Jack himself, included much of his first-hand knowledge as first-seat pilot, so it wasn't as if they would have been completely lacking in needed information without Jack. I don't think the scene or Jack was meant to be malicious or anything towards Sam, I just chalk it up to clumsy execution by the writers for the sake of a joke.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                I knew I'd seen this somewhere, yay YouTube

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcXeh0Ukenc
                                Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKWOI...eature=related
                                (thanks to jumble26 for uploading the vids)

Good discussion on Fragile Balance. I'm personally not too fond of it because I feel like much of the storyline was hampered by the need to play mini-Jack for laughs too often, like the 302 briefing scene. Considering he was planning on running it I would assume the pilots' briefing materials, most likely prepared by Jack himself, included much of his first-hand knowledge as first-seat pilot, so it wasn't as if they would have been completely lacking in needed information without Jack. I don't think the scene or Jack was meant to be malicious or anything towards Sam, I just chalk it up to clumsy execution by the writers for the sake of a joke.
                                As skydiver has said, they hit a plothole

Comment

Working...
                                X