No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always felt that there wasn't a conversation period, but instead they just became more comfortable with each other - more playful. Maybe I should write a fic of my own to explain - but maybe he splashed her with water and they got in a water fight or told a few jokes around the campfire or teased Teal'c together. They both know there's an attraction but I think at this point they see it as innocent. So, two single people can flirt right? There's not harm... two colleagues... friends even... and then we get to D&C and WHAM Jack is struck with how NOT innocent their playfulness was...

Jenn's had some good thoughts on this... I wouldn't mind hearing her input again

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      I've always felt that there wasn't a conversation period, but instead they just became more comfortable with each other - more playful. Maybe I should write a fic of my own to explain - but maybe he splashed her with water and they got in a water fight or told a few jokes around the campfire or teased Teal'c together. They both know there's an attraction but I think at this point they see it as innocent. So, two single people can flirt right? There's not harm... two colleagues... friends even... and then we get to D&C and WHAM Jack is struck with how NOT innocent their playfulness was...

Jenn's had some good thoughts on this... I wouldn't mind hearing her input again
      There are a few fics out there that have some water fight scenes between Jack and Sam while Teal'c sits tolerantly on the beach watching his comrades act like children.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Well, before everyone else comes on and shoots you down, I'm going to stick my hand up and say I completely agree with you. In fact, your Aftershock at this point is totally my personal canon on this point IMO the change in their attitude to one another is just too striking for there to be any other explanation - and I think you explained it brilliantly there that Sam is much more of an equal suddenly, and both of them treat her as such. IIRC (since I haven't seen the episode since we watched it last week on the other thread), there's the slightest pause before the 'Sir' in that exchange you quoted about the 'getting old for you' which I think is emblematic of this, and I can't see the Sam of S3 or before coming back at Jack with the 'yeahsureyoubetcha' when she goes off with Thor, let alone smiling so openly and affectionately at Jack in the scene in her lab. Likewise the way Jack peers through her magnifying glass is altogether more playful than we've seen him before. They say in the commentary for this scene that this is them ramping up the shippy aspect in preparation for the storylines to come with Upgrades/D&C, but the only in-universe explanation seems to me to be the theory that something happened while they were stranded offworld. Like you, I don't think that necessarily was anything overt - no in-depth conversations, and I can't see anything physical happening either - that's not their style. But you don't have to have either of those things for both of them to realise what's going on.

Anyway, now everyone else can have their say and disagree!
        Can I be really boring and also agree? yeah, I am sure someone will come along in a bit that doesn't but it isn't me.
        Absolutely something happened on that week or so when they were off world. Maybe not a conversation or anything that overstepped the line but something. The change is palpable and it's one of the reasons why, I think, they're knocked for six so badly by the forceshield moment... but more of that when we get to those episodes.

And since Rachel's been far too modest to link the relevant chanpter of her own Aftershocks fiction, I'll do it for her: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3512344/21/Aftershocks_II

Although, just to be awkward I will slightly disagree on the balance between the action / inaction of Jack and Teal'c situation and Sam's. While I do wish they'd had a closer tie in between the two events (because, aside from being replicator related they're not, really) I didn't mind the fact that all we got from Sam's stuff was graphics because I do think if it had been full on shoot 'em up on the submarine, followed by full on space battle and explosions then it would have been too much. I like the balance but, yes I am not much of a fan of episodes where the split them up so completely like this.

On a non shippy side, but equally worth mentioning, there's a lovely shot that blink-and-you-missit but is highlighted on the commentary. The camera cuts from pannign along with the action on the sub, right into helemt cam and then we're on the ship watching the screen from Daniel's point of view. the cut is seamless and beautifully done. And, actually, this kind of nifty cutting is a bit of a Martin Wood trademark, since he also does something similar with the Stargate in Shades Of Grey (when Jack steps through) and I recently spotted the same technique in another episode as I was clipping it for a video.
        This was the first ever commentary I listened to and also the point I fell in love with them. Really, listen to this one because it's so very informative. I know I keep banging that drum but, gosh when they highllight little tidbits on them that enhance your viewing so much, it's a great drum to beat.

EDIT; And yet again for the second time today, my rotating sig has a psychic moment and, just as I am fangurling Martin Wood all over, up comes a Martin sig.
        sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite scenes was right after Thor said " I like the yellow ones."

We seem to be concerned about who should launch the torpedoes but I think about the man who expected to die when they hit - better than being eaten alive, I suppose.

And I too liked the use of the helmet cam.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
            Given previous discussions in the thread, I’m going to go out on a limb and say most of you will disagree with me here.

Where to begin...with A for Attitude I think. Sam and Jack return from their vacation away with Sam having a brand new attitude where Jack is concerned. For me, there is an equality that hasn’t been there before. She’s not at all deferential to him in attitude – both during the opening scene, the fishing invite, the briefing, and leaving with Thor. Yes, she calls him ‘sir’ but the way she says it is different. As though it is there as a mark of respect for his rank but her tone is one of an equal. It’s incredibly subtle and I’m not sure I’m explaining myself well but for me it stands out. (The favourite lines I’ve picked out kind of highlight the new dynamic).

Overall, for me, this is an indicator that *something* occurred in the time they were away that changed their relationship from the uneasy tension of Nemesis where Sam is *very* aware of the ranks issue, to this warm camaraderie we see in Small Victories where both of them seem very relaxed with the status quo. I do think something happened that got them on the same page of thinking ‘yes we both acknowledge we like each other that way but nothing can happen and we’re OK with that because we can be friends’. I’m not saying it was a full out in depth conversation or that anything physical happened – but I think something happened for them to reach that understanding.
            I guess it's up to me to be one who disagrees?

Well, not completely disagree I guess, there is a very nice and relaxed banter between them through most of the episode, though I see that more as a result of their unintentional vacation rather than a conversation about their feelings. That was probably the longest time they've spent together without missions and such getting in the way, a week(?) or so simply to interact as friends. The utter shock in Jack's face in Divide & Conquer just makes me doubt that he had ever talked to Sam before about his feelings for her, much less her feelings for him.

Though I do find those favorite lines you pointed out to be quite interesting, since the tone between those two scenes were so different. In the first, both Sam and Jack were light-heartedly joking about saving the world and that not getting old, but in the second Jack seems rather frustrated at having to save the world again and Sam responds with a rather pointed 'getting old for you, sir?' Granted he was kept from going fishing again, but that doesn't seem like a big enough issue to cause such a change in his mood. It's really the only bit of tension between the two in this episode so it's always stuck out to me, I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            My thinking on that is that Major Davis had seen and understood the bond that SG1 had built up, and knew how the situation must be affecting Daniel. I wood have been surprised if he hadn't paused to look at Daniel at the point where he had been effectively ordered to kill half of that team. It was a huge responsibility to put on him and I really think anyone wood have hesitated to carry out that order.

Besides which, that pause gave Thor just enough time to come to the rescue.

Hey, I'm a realist
            Though I think Davis likely hesitated to help increase the tension and allow the last minute save by Thor, I like your reasoning.

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
            One of my favorite scenes was right after Thor said " I like the yellow ones."
            Hee, this is one of my favorites as well, very good timing and expressions by AT. If fact, I think AT did quite well in her scenes considering she really only had a green screen and puppet to work with. And when she hugs Thor I'm always reminded of that story AT told once about smacking the puppet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              I guess it's up to me to be one who disagrees?

Well, not completely disagree I guess, there is a very nice and relaxed banter between them through most of the episode, though I see that more as a result of their unintentional vacation rather than a conversation about their feelings. That was probably the longest time they've spent together without missions and such getting in the way, a week(?) or so simply to interact as friends. The utter shock in Jack's face in Divide & Conquer just makes me doubt that he had ever talked to Sam before about his feelings for her, much less her feelings for him.

Well I don't really think you are disagreeing much because while a I think something happened to change the tone, no I don't think an actual overt and outright conversation about feelings took place, nor did anything naughty happen. As you point out, the forceshield moment and Jack's reaction seems to suggest it's the first he's heard of it (i.e. his feelings). Then again, I don't credit Jack as being the particularly introspective type when it comes to feelings anyway. However I do think that the time they spent off world, in that non perilous (immediately anyway) situation gave them an opportunity to bond on a level deeper than they had before. Maybe just that bonding and sharing and being with each other 24/7 and actually not only enjoying that time together but being wistful about it when it's over (which is how I read Jack's slight disapointment at her refusal on the second fishing invite) was enough to just tip[ the balance of their relationship from comradeship to something else.
              We mentioned in an earlier review that spending a significant amount of (what was essentially) leisure time with someone you normally only see all business is going to lead to a change in your relationship with them. In that case (Urgo) it hapened on base very much under the strict scrutiny of others and in the confines of the military life they lead. Here it's off base, off world even, and no reminders of how a subordinate and a supervisor ought to behave towards each other and nothing to do but wait and hope they get the seccond gate up and running and just live day to day. In short, what I think happened is they did a fair bit of flirting (conciously or otherwise), probably both convinced it was ok and nothing more than a distraction to pass the time and I reckon they probably both enjoyed it too.

Though I do find those favorite lines you pointed out to be quite interesting, since the tone between those two scenes were so different. In the first, both Sam and Jack were light-heartedly joking about saving the world and that not getting old, but in the second Jack seems rather frustrated at having to save the world again and Sam responds with a rather pointed 'getting old for you, sir?' Granted he was kept from going fishing again, but that doesn't seem like a big enough issue to cause such a change in his mood. It's really the only bit of tension between the two in this episode so it's always stuck out to me, I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
              I think that's a good example of the change in their relationship actually. I think Jack's frustration isn't so much to do with having to save the world again because it's interfereing with his social life etc. but more frustration at not succeeding completly the first time. They'd just saved the world, got themselves stranded off world for a week and to go through all that ans then still have to come back and finish the job must be... well, frustrating! Sam immediately senses his frustration and says absolutely the right thing to defuse it and to remind him just why they are doing what they are doing. I'm sure a pre season 4 Sam would have done the same but I think she would have put it in an entirely different, and much more professional, way.

Hee, this is one of my favorites as well, very good timing and expressions by AT. If fact, I think AT did quite well in her scenes considering she really only had a green screen and puppet to work with. And when she hugs Thor I'm always reminded of that story AT told once about smacking the puppet.
              Oh she was outstanding when you think what she had to act with. Add to that there were technical problems with the puppets so it must have been frustrating. On the commentary MW notes she did actually strangle Thor at one point. I'd pay for that outtake!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                <snip>

And since Rachel's been far too modest to link the relevant chanpter of her own Aftershocks fiction, I'll do it for her: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3512344/21/Aftershocks_II

Although, just to be awkward I will slightly disagree on the balance between the action / inaction of Jack and Teal'c situation and Sam's. While I do wish they'd had a closer tie in between the two events (because, aside from being replicator related they're not, really) I didn't mind the fact that all we got from Sam's stuff was graphics because I do think if it had been full on shoot 'em up on the submarine, followed by full on space battle and explosions then it would have been too much. I like the balance but, yes I am not much of a fan of episodes where the split them up so completely like this.

<snip>

Thank you

I think it would have been nice if we'd seen the O'Neill go to hyperspace rather than just on a viewscreen. But I figure they ran out of budget

<snip>

<snip>
                I think Jack's frustration in that scene is down to two things:

(a) they risked their lives, took enormous gambles, almost died and one of the bugs escaped anyway

(b) the idiots at the Pentagon want to study the thing rather than blowing it up

It's no wonder he's frustrated. And it's quite interesting that for all Sam has just been studying two blocks in her lab that she supports his view fully that they have to get rid of the replicators immediately - is almost irate on his behalf.

But just as on the ship, here it's Sam who's driving the planning - she's the one who comes up with the initial idea of how to stop them on the sub (although it's nice to see later the boys coming up with their own strategies - I do like the exchange between Daniel, Teal'c and Jack in particular on how to get to the mother bug).
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

there is a very nice and relaxed banter between them through most of the episode, though I see that more as a result of their unintentional vacation rather than a conversation about their feelings. That was probably the longest time they've spent together without missions and such getting in the way, a week(?) or so simply to interact as friends. The utter shock in Jack's face in Divide & Conquer just makes me doubt that he had ever talked to Sam before about his feelings for her, much less her feelings for him.
                  I completely agree. It's natural. You spend more time with someone you get along, you get closer. For example, I work as an assistent for one of my professors at college, and at some point you start joking around and being less formal, even if he's still technically a figure of authority for you. Unfortunately if you haven't seen each other over the summer, you have to start the whole process from scratch!

But don't throw things at me, I still consider this development shippy and I completely agree that this 'intermission' sort of paves the way for D&C, even if they didn't talk. At all.
                  sigpic

(I don’t know who made this gif but I’ve always loved this lil guy since I started hanging out here on GW back in the day. Happy to give credit!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Well I don't really think you are disagreeing much because while a I think something happened to change the tone, no I don't think an actual overt and outright conversation about feelings took place, nor did anything naughty happen. As you point out, the forceshield moment and Jack's reaction seems to suggest it's the first he's heard of it (i.e. his feelings). Then again, I don't credit Jack as being the particularly introspective type when it comes to feelings anyway. However I do think that the time they spent off world, in that non perilous (immediately anyway) situation gave them an opportunity to bond on a level deeper than they had before. Maybe just that bonding and sharing and being with each other 24/7 and actually not only enjoying that time together but being wistful about it when it's over (which is how I read Jack's slight disapointment at her refusal on the second fishing invite) was enough to just tip[ the balance of their relationship from comradeship to something else.
                    We mentioned in an earlier review that spending a significant amount of (what was essentially) leisure time with someone you normally only see all business is going to lead to a change in your relationship with them. In that case (Urgo) it hapened on base very much under the strict scrutiny of others and in the confines of the military life they lead. Here it's off base, off world even, and no reminders of how a subordinate and a supervisor ought to behave towards each other and nothing to do but wait and hope they get the seccond gate up and running and just live day to day. In short, what I think happened is they did a fair bit of flirting (conciously or otherwise), probably both convinced it was ok and nothing more than a distraction to pass the time and I reckon they probably both enjoyed it too.
                    The bolded part is pretty much exactly what I think happened on the planet, as well as deepening the friendships between Jack and Teal'c, which see a bit more of this season, and Sam and Teal'c, which we don't really get to see until S6.

And it's also why most of the overt Sam/Jack stuff this season works for me, because we've seen the progression of their relationship from the slightly antagonistic start in COTG to the relaxed friendliness in this ep.

I think that's a good example of the change in their relationship actually. I think Jack's frustration isn't so much to do with having to save the world again because it's interfereing with his social life etc. but more frustration at not succeeding completly the first time. They'd just saved the world, got themselves stranded off world for a week and to go through all that ans then still have to come back and finish the job must be... well, frustrating! Sam immediately senses his frustration and says absolutely the right thing to defuse it and to remind him just why they are doing what they are doing. I'm sure a pre season 4 Sam would have done the same but I think she would have put it in an entirely different, and much more professional, way.
                    Hmm, that's an interesting take on it, I like it. And it goes with the sense that these two are on more equal footing by this point, where Sam feels comfortable talking to Jack so bluntly, and in front of the others and Hammond.

sigpic

Comment

And it's also why most of the overt Sam/Jack stuff this season works for me, because we've seen the progression of their relationship from the slightly antagonistic start in COTG to the relaxed friendliness in this ep.
                      And that, I think hits the nail on the head for me as to why I like this ship so much. It was allowed to developed completely naturally and without rushing it. So it feels natural. Some series you see they start out having a relationship scenario in mind and they can force the issue - with or without the chemistry being there to start with - and sometimes (even if the chemistry works) it's too much too soon or just too contrived. SG-1 though; probably because the ship wasn't the main focus or even really on the agenda early on and happened almost incidently as a direct result of the chemistry and friendship you can see the actors have transferring on screen, then it just works beautifully and it makes sense. To me anyway.

I realise you're not a shipper per se but, actually your views aren't overly different from mine. Although I confess I read a lot more shippyness into scenes and actions when I do these reviews but that's beacuse this is a ship discussion thread and I want to pick points for people to discuss, but in general a lot of the more subtle stuff I could see either way; I just chose to see it shippy because, ultimately, that's where TPTB led me - kicking and screaming I might add since I was fairly adamant that I liked the chemistry and the storytelling (most especially the angst) but never really wanted a resolution. Well not until they went ahead and did it (IMO and many others) in Threads. Oh and yes then I thought "hey, if you're going to have them go fishing together, great, let's but see some tongue action too."

sigpic

Comment

Recap
                        In a rare turn of events people are actually trying to get to Earth that don't want the blow the crap out of it. Daniel, who is like a nerdy kid with his first chemistry set, gets overly excited and idealistic about saving some people. They meet with Odo... 'er... Alar aka Satan aka Hitler aka the Devil aka the Devil Wearing Prada and Jack gets the teenage boy brought out in him with the Urondan's version of a Wii crossed with a PS3 crossed with the Ancient chair except it melts your brains in the process. Daniel wants to ask questions because he's annoying and Jack keeps telling him to shut up. Finally Jack can't ignore the little voice in his head and when Alar aka Bed-Sheet/Pillowcase Wearer tells him to leave his Jaffa Jaffa buddy at home, Jack suddenly gives in. Daniel asks questions, T and Jack find out that everyone's the same, they blow up some Urondan's and go home, where Jack basically executes Alar aka Stargate Iris Pancake.

Favorite Quote(s):
                        Jack: Carter, didn't I order you to get a life?
                        Carter: Yes sir you did but...

Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
                        Jack: Well stop! It's not fair to Teal'c.

Analysis
                        I was going to do a favorite scene section but the truth is, this episode is among my favorites. There are so few shows that capture the complexity of the US Military and the men and women that serve and SG-1 does such a spot on job. What I'm going to do here, though, is breakdown this episode by character:

Jack - One of the reasons I love this episode is because it shows a side of Jack that we very rarely see. From the very beginning he knows that if he starts asking questions he's probably going to get answers that he doesn't want. He's lived long enough to know that rarely is a war truly "righteous" in any sense. Both sides compromise morality in an attempt to gain an upper hand. In a way, by not asking questions he can protect his conscience while carrying out his military objective. I have to imagine that at this point they've been at this for three years now and Apophis is still alive and still wreaking havoc. People are dying that Jack recognizes - and as we see time and again, Jack doesn't work well with the abstract. An enemy on the other side of the world that he's never met has less if any value in comparison to the person he's got right next to him. He's understands that in war, people die and sometimes you have to choose one life over the other.

Another piece of the O'Neill puzzle is his sense of justice (that he even brings to bear on himself). In a lot of ways I see Jack as viewing his life like a set of scales where there is the evil that he does and then there is the good. Unfortunately I think Jack views what happened to Charlie as the one event in his life that he will never be able to rectify or find a proper means of atonement (he doesn't have a concept of grace by which his "sins" can be expunged). When he realizes that the bomber had a pilot and that he killed them, in his eyes there's a sense that he feels like he needs to balance the scale so to speak and so later he takes the bomber and kills a few Urondans in the process. When he wrongs Daniel, he apologizes. Later in the final scene when he essentially executes Alar, he's executing justice. For what Alar represents there can only be one suitable punishment, death.

In the last scene I see several things in Jack's eyes. I don't think he regrets what he did to Alar, I think what he feels is the utter shock and perhaps even horror in Sam's eyes and he regrets that he is one cold son of a ***** when he needs to be. I also think he feels that sense that one feels when you almost plummet to your death and yet don't - a sense of "How did I get that far? How did I compromise that much? When did I start down the slippery slope?"

Sam - In this episode we really see her military side come out. Not only does she side with Jack, but she even plays the game like Jack. Jack avoids the truth by not asking. The Urondans never actually lie, but they simply don't offer up the information that causes the ultimate break in relations. I think Sam has full faith in Jack's decision making abilities and she hides behind it using naivete to keep from the reality of the situation. When she reports to General Hammond she specifically avoids talking about them using the heavy water for weapons - when Hammond gives the use of deuterium as being used for nuclear weapons, she counters that it's for generators. She lies by means of omission.

That being said, she's not hard like Jack. At the beginning when the men hit the iris, Jack tells her to let it go and he barks it almost like an order when she's still sitting with it a minute later. Sam acts like she lives in the cut and dried world of Jack but her heart still requires a lot of processing in situations that seem more gray.

Daniel - Normally I want to pop Daniel upside the head. I think that's part of the reason why Jack has a hard time listening to him (the boy who cried wolf). Daniel always wants to talk, always wants to negotiate, always wants to ask questions, and after a while it becomes difficult to figure out when you should be listening to him. In this case he was asking the right questions. It also shows how very different he is from the other three members of the team. He's an idealist and a romantic. The civil war was about slavery to him. The revoutionary war was all about liberty and freedom for all mankind (granted these are hyperboles but you get the idea). He looks for a moral right and wrong based on some philosophical ideal whereas Jack's morality is far more concrete and based on the gritty reality where he has to send people to their deaths. For Jack it's the destination, for Daniel, it's the journey,

Teal'c - T is an understated character in this episode - he says very little and interacts very little, but we learn so much about him here. I got the impression that from the very beginning Teal'c picked up on Alar's deceit, but deferred to Jack's judgment. The fact that he doesn't take Daniel or Jack's side in the matter is telling. He sees the situation but I think understands both sides. He was First Prime and without a doubt whatever he sees going on here, he has done far worse, obliterating entire worlds in the name of a false god. I find it interesting that he doesn't even take an affront to their obvious discomfort at his presence (no doubt he is used to it because of his former occupation). Like Jack he carries sin for which he cannot atone. The universe is a dark place and it maybe that sometimes a deal with the devil is necessary though distasteful.

Sam/Jack Analysis
                        Where to begin?? Jack and Sam's connection through the military is so very obvious. Sam obeys Jack without question (something that remains consistent with her character throughout the series). She trusts Jack. I think that's why that final scene shocks her. She sees a side of Jack that she has never seen before or if she has, she's denied it. This wasn't them shooting at someone and Jack taking him down, this was Jack very calmly and very deliberately ordering the execution of a man. The fact that she sees into his soul and later accepts him, loves him, is a testimony to the grace the Sam Carter carries inside her. I see Jack's relationship with Sam as almost his redemption in a way. He cannot atone for what happened with Charlie and yet Sam teaches him that he doesn't have to. Here is the moment though, where she is confronted with that darkness and she has to decide for herself what it means and if Jack is still the same man she laughs with. Just a day before he was teasing her about getting a life, and now he's deadly serious. Her job maybe academically complicated but Jack's job is morally complicated. So the question she has to ask herself - is he still trustworthy? And we see she answers yes. That unlike Daniel, she gets it. She gets the messiness of war and fighting, and that I think will help solidify that bond between them.

Comment

What to add to the Twi's excellent Other Side commmentary?

Not much.

Except to point out that Odo is hanging out with the director's wife. Except for the last few minutes, that's the thing I remember most about this episode.

As to those last few minutes, here's something I made a long time ago:

Because I'd like to add to what you said, that at the end I think Jack's as motivated from a non-military view as from a military view. Alar had a lot of technology and things they might have used, but Jack chooses to prevent him from coming anyway. Alar and his ways were *such* poison Jack doesn't even want them anywhere.

Comment

Oh good Jenn you posted your gif! I thought about posting it but mine was so long as it was

I might argue that he's still motivated by his military sense - I mean being military doesn't mean win at all costs, the US military is supposed protect us and so by preventing Alar from coming through the gate he was effectively defending his country from Hitler.

I always wondered what Jack's motivation for joining the military was. It seems he enlisted and then become an officer...

OH OH!! I forgot something from the analysis of Jack - when he was upset with Daniel he totally snapped at Sam when she started to explain heavy water. But only minutes before when he was in the pilot chair he'd expected her just pop up with a translation for the technobabble - proof that Jack is not as dumb as he likes to pretend.

Comment

Wow. Twilight's analysis of the characters is so thought out, interesting and provoking that I'm speechless.
                              Anyway, I'll be back with my comments tomorrow, as I need time to rewatch the episode and think about it. I just wanted to let you know that while I may not have time to post right now I read all your posts and love the discussions as always.
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

I agree with you. I don't think anything happened. No discussion about relationships. They simply dont do that.

I think they were simply stranded on a world and had a week to sit around and do nothing. Not work, not command, not fight for their lives. Nothing. A vacation, of sorts. Just on another planet. And through just normal interaction Jack and Sam would have learned a bit more about each other and become more relaxed.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X