X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fems
    replied
    Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    I occasionally come across relationship advice in my social media feeds, an in the latest one it said, "Don’t be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship."

It struck me that this was major part of why got together with . Granted she was making an effort to try to move on from and was the first one to come along and didn't actively repulse her.

I also, think this is why increasingly got cold feet as the wedding approached as she realised she was with for all the wrong reasons. I like to think she came across this bit of advice while perusing Cosmo or some similar magazine.

So, am I reading too much into this or not enough.
    I don't think you're far off. Not even with the magazine bit, considering Sam's little rant about marriage (when they were talking about someone else) somewhere in season 8 - that stuff sounded like something she got from a magazine.

Leave a comment:

• iiradned
    replied
    I occasionally come across relationship advice in my social media feeds, an in the latest one it said, "Don’t be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship."

It struck me that this was major part of why got together with . Granted she was making an effort to try to move on from and was the first one to come along and didn't actively repulse her.

I also, think this is why increasingly got cold feet as the wedding approached as she realised she was with for all the wrong reasons. I like to think she came across this bit of advice while perusing Cosmo or some similar magazine.

So, am I reading too much into this or not enough.

Leave a comment:

• Everlovin
    replied
    I'm still all for it. Assuming I have about three weeks until I have my next review coming up. I'm away from my dvd collection for the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• picardythirds
    replied
    Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    It's sad to see things slow down like this, but our ship is approaching 20 years now so I think we are pretty lucky to still see new shippers walking into the light of the fluff clouds, or the deep dark dank of the angst cavern, or the slippery wet gutter as preferences go.
    Go Ship! I like all of the above

It doesn't matter what thread, I'd love for the rewatch to continue since I have time to comment now!

Leave a comment:

• ajay
    replied
    Real life has this nasty habit of getting in the way. But S/J still gives me my escape. I'm ready to start the reviews again whenever everyone else is. Whichever thread, doesn't bother me.

Leave a comment:

• hlndncr
    replied
    So I see the rewatch schedule went out the window while I was away. Any interest in getting this going again?

I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to move the discussion into the main thread. We just aren't as many these days and we're all busy. The main thread could use a little boost and it may be easier to keep on track if we only have one place to visit.

It's sad to see things slow down like this, but our ship is approaching 20 years now so I think we are pretty lucky to still see new shippers walking into the light of the fluff clouds, or the deep dark dank of the angst cavern, or the slippery wet gutter as preferences go.

Leave a comment:

• ajay
    replied
    No worries Sara! Gives me more time to prep for mine The first week of each month is always mental at work.

Leave a comment:

• SaraBahama
    replied
    Band Camp for the kiddo has put me behind! ACK!

Leave a comment:

• Lucycat
    replied
    Looking forward to reading the reviews!

Leave a comment:

• Everlovin
    replied
    Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I was just thinking about that. How about we shift everything back a week?

NEW Season 5 Rewatch Schedule:

Aug. 3: Desperate Measures - SaraBahama
    Aug. 6: Wormhole X-Treme - ajay
    Aug. 10: Proving Ground - SaraBahama
    Aug. 13: 48 Hours - Robinbishop1231
    Aug. 17: Summit - Sparky She-Demon
    Aug. 20: Last Stand - Sparky She-Demon
    Aug. 24: Fail Safe - neverendingimagination
    Aug. 27: The Warrior - Everlovin
    Sept. 3: Menace - IamDKScully
    Sept. 7: The Sentinel - hlndncr
    Sept. 10: Meridian - Everlovin
    Sept. 13: Revelations - Robinbishop1231
    Sounds good to me!

Leave a comment:

• Nynaeve506
    replied
    Starting just a *little* early because I need sleep:

Ship Day 2014

Don't forget to subscribe See you all tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• SaraBahama
    replied
    *snort-choke*

Leave a comment:

• hlndncr
    replied
    Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    I'm back from my visit with my mom! I forgot I volunteered for a review while I was out of town! *sigh* you can give me 40 lashes...
    I won't be here in August to crack the whip. So if anyone else falls down on the job I'll just have to kill them with my mind.

Leave a comment:

• hlndncr
    replied
    Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    Shall I watch Desperate Measures and still do the review???
    I was just thinking about that. How about we shift everything back a week?

NEW Season 5 Rewatch Schedule:

Aug. 3: Desperate Measures - SaraBahama
    Aug. 6: Wormhole X-Treme - ajay
    Aug. 10: Proving Ground - SaraBahama
    Aug. 13: 48 Hours - Robinbishop1231
    Aug. 17: Summit - Sparky She-Demon
    Aug. 20: Last Stand - Sparky She-Demon
    Aug. 24: Fail Safe - neverendingimagination
    Aug. 27: The Warrior - Everlovin
    Sept. 3: Menace - IamDKScully
    Sept. 7: The Sentinel - hlndncr
    Sept. 10: Meridian - Everlovin
    Sept. 13: Revelations - Robinbishop1231

Leave a comment:

• SaraBahama
    replied
    Shall I watch Desperate Measures and still do the review???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X