Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Whoa. We think about this stuff *way* too much. LOL
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

    "When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill


    SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

    Comment


      Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      Whoa. We think about this stuff *way* too much. LOL
      Ya think? So what else is there to think about?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Britta View Post
        I just had a listen and I'm fairly certain it wasn't the Sam/Jack theme.
        Sorry, I was a little off about where it plays in the episode But, I just relistened and it is there, but it's just one teeny tiny distinct line. (I'm certain because I play the theme on the piano quite often).

        It starts at about 23:30 minutes, after Teal'c says "I did not believe you would return," and it plays as Nyan says "You are the most important thing that has ever happened to this planet ... although I have not decided if that is a good thing or bad." Then the music changes to another theme (the quote about scientific advancement occurs two scenes later, while they are still in the cave).

        So it's not the whole S/J theme, but that one distinct line was enough to grab my attention and think, "Wait! That's Jack and Sam's music! You can't use that!"
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

        Comment


          Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          We had a discussion sort of about this on the Appreciation thread four years ago. I extracted the theme only from several scenes. I uploaded them to my MediaFire account here if anyone wants them. I posted the link and the following descriptions back then. (here) There might be other episodes mentioned in the discussion that I missed? Anyhoo ...
          Sweet! Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks!
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

          Comment


            Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            Sorry, I was a little off about where it plays in the episode But, I just relistened and it is there, but it's just one teeny tiny distinct line. (I'm certain because I play the theme on the piano quite often).

            It starts at about 23:30 minutes, after Teal'c says "I did not believe you would return," and it plays as Nyan says "You are the most important thing that has ever happened to this planet ... although I have not decided if that is a good thing or bad." Then the music changes to another theme (the quote about scientific advancement occurs two scenes later, while they are still in the cave).

            So it's not the whole S/J theme, but that one distinct line was enough to grab my attention and think, "Wait! That's Jack and Sam's music! You can't use that!"
            Re: bolded
            Aha! Here's where I throw in the "Name That Tune" defense against it being the Sam/Jack theme. The opening strand is the same but then it quickly goes ominous.

            If it's any consolation, we humans have a very limited perception of tones and beats for music so don't be upset when that song sounds a lot like this song.

            edited to add:
            Re: your post immediately before this one.
            You are very welcome. If you find any more please let me know. ((hugs))
            Last edited by UhSir; January 9, 2015, 10:34 PM. Reason: elaborate

            Comment


              Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Sorry, I was a little off about where it plays in the episode But, I just relistened and it is there, but it's just one teeny tiny distinct line. (I'm certain because I play the theme on the piano quite often).

              It starts at about 23:30 minutes, after Teal'c says "I did not believe you would return," and it plays as Nyan says "You are the most important thing that has ever happened to this planet ... although I have not decided if that is a good thing or bad." Then the music changes to another theme (the quote about scientific advancement occurs two scenes later, while they are still in the cave).

              So it's not the whole S/J theme, but that one distinct line was enough to grab my attention and think, "Wait! That's Jack and Sam's music! You can't use that!"
              Checked again and found it! Peculiar.

              "BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

              Comment


                Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                We had a discussion sort of about this on the Appreciation thread four years ago. I extracted the theme only from several scenes. I uploaded them to my MediaFire account here if anyone wants them. I posted the link and the following descriptions back then. (here) There might be other episodes mentioned in the discussion that I missed? Anyhoo ...

                Descriptions of the scenes and soundbytes:

                There are occasional background noises (usually SGC bangs and booms) which I did not try to filter out. I, honestly, think they add to the overall feel of the music most of the time. It's obvious that the sound editor took care in where he/she placed them. *huggles* On a few of the clips I added a fade in and/or out because it was blended into different music or there were sounds which caused weirdness.

                Divide and Conquer
                During the Zatarc retesting.

                Entity
                The first is when Jack zats Sam. Even though the beginning part is not the S/J theme, I kept it because it blends into the theme. The second is when Jack is sitting in the infirmary with Sam. The third is from the ending of the show.

                Moebius
                During the first and second kisses.

                Point of View
                The first is Alt!Sam with the wedding picture. The second is two parts: the first before the hug, the second during the hug. The third is the goodbye kiss. I debated splitting the kiss clip into two files and the lazy side of me won. If I did split it I'd have to do fades because they overlap and then if you put them together it would sound dumb, but if I didn't do fades it sounded dumb. Argh!

                Beneath the Surface
                After the explosion and Sam/Thera is on her way to talk to Brenna she meets Jack/Jonah and he walks with her part way. The "intro" part of the ship theme plays.

                Frozen
                Cues in as Jack nods Yes to taking the Tok'ra symbiote.
                Thank you very much for sharing this

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  Whoa. We think about this stuff *way* too much. LOL
                  And with lots of pleasure, too
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    happy new year!!!
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

                    Comment


                      Valenship thread is now open!
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X