Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    No offense. I don't want to get modded but I always wondered if Pete was played by another actor (not a DeLuise) he would last for so long...
    i have no doubts at all...
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr
      I never thought of it before, but if I were Sam I would choose McKay over in a heartbeat.
      so would i!!

(i'm attracted to david)

does anyone else think even the ptb didn't really take the sam/other storyline seriously? maybe they (cooper) just gave in to amanda's nagging and plopped pete shanahan on the floor and said 'there mrs frankenstein, enjoy your monster!'
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        No offense. I don't want to get modded but I always wondered if Pete was played by another actor (not a DeLuise) he would last for so long...
        I wonder!

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
        Yeah, same here
        Hey, me three. McKay's annoying (but I loved him in Atlantis), but not downright reprehensible as I felt Shanahan was.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

In case anyone cares or is wondering here's a quote of what Amanda had to say about Pete and his stalking tendencies. I'm not trying to be insulting to Amanda, but I think she's a tad bit delusional in her thinking here:

"And I think the fact that the way the episode ended with the big explosion, and 'Oh, my God, he's been hurt,' and 'Oh, my God, now he's OK,' and I can actually -- you know, the classified information is no longer classified to this man because he's seen it, then I can actually tell him what I do for a living. I think that she sort of doesn't even think about the fact that he followed her and maybe that's something that'll be addressed later. 'Wait a second, buddy! You followed me to that stake-out!' But I think at the end of the episode she's just so relieved that he isn't dead. And again, she doesn't know to what extent he was tracing her. ... It may be addressed later. And it does seem, I guess, that he's stalking her. I think, on the one hand because he's so interested in her, and he knows there's something that she's hiding. And she said as much: 'I am hiding something from you, I can't tell you.' And that's gotta be really frustrating when you're getting to know somebody and you're really, you know, really have feelings for them, but, again, I don't think she knows to what extent he went."
          (Actress Amanda Tapping, in an interview with GateWorld)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            In case anyone cares or is wondering here's a quote of what Amanda had to say about Pete and his stalking tendencies. I'm not trying to be insulting to Amanda, but I think she's a tad bit delusional in her thinking here:
            Yeah, I read that and my eyes bugged out. It sounded like a desperate justification of Shanahan's presence in Sam's life.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
              Yeah, I read that and my eyes bugged out. It sounded like a desperate justification of Shanahan's presence in Sam's life.
              it was one of amanda's first interviews after ol' pete was introduced. ppl get defensive of something they like...
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                I never thought of it before, but if I were Sam I would choose McKay over in a heartbeat.
                Well... I suppose if it was between the two then I'd choose McKay too... but the McKay of Atlantis, when he's actually learned to be a human being! If I had to choose someone from Atlantis it would be Ronan... well, okay for ME it would be Ronan

Comment

And I know who I'd choose over those two! Don't worry it's Jack! But if it's not Jack, then I think I've made my choice apparent.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    it was one of amanda's first interviews after ol' pete was introduced. ppl get defensive of something they like...
                    I can't help but think that Amanda actually did a disservice to her own character. Sam is smart enough to realize that if Pete was at the stakeout, the only reason he could be there is that he was following her. There is no other way he could have found out where she was. So for Amanda to say Sam didn't "know" he was following her is very naive and (again) delusional.

And I am absolutely certain that she found out about his background check and other stuff, because the Air Force would immediately know that somebody was checking up on one of its best officers who works in a top secret facility, and they would have let General Hammond know, and then Jack, and then Sam. There's just no way it would have been kept from her (IMO).

Comment

Sam was so much in denial she probably didn't realize the gravity of his actions! *headdesk*
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

So would I. McKay is annoying and cute at the same time. He's no Jack O'Neill but he's got appeal.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        for me, jack doing nothing and saying nothing comes off that he's just not interested in her in a romantic way. that's all that vagueness does for me...

i was reading a fic last night (frustrating one, b/c ol' petey boy suddenly showed up and ticked off almost every fan comment ), and someone left a really great review that grabbed my attention for this debate we're having...

"Okay while I can sympathize with Jack it seems high time he remembers that you can be a hero without being a martyr. I want to shake him and tell him to fight for her for once!"

going with that review, i want jack to fight for sam for once!!
                        It was a mess. I can see why Jack didn't say anything but, for cryin' out loud, Sam's not a mind-reader! Even if he couldn't say the words out loud he could have used those beautifully expressive eyes! All he had to do was find a moment on a team night where they were alone, invaded her personal space a little and given her "the look".

Instead he ran away. I think he thinks he's not good enough for Sam and she deserves better. Damn self-martyring fool!
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Pete even says to her he had thought she'd run a mile because he stalked her, in the same episode he proposes IIRC.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Every time 's stalking comes up for discussion, I immediately recall my headfic(as Sally terms them) where Hammond and Jack are immediately notified about 's call to his FBI buddy and then Jack uses his BlackOps skills to give 4 flat tires so that he can't follow Sam to the stakeout.

Osiris still tries to fight her way out of the trap but with out of the way capture her pretty quickly.

Soon in his drive to find out Sam's secrets, stalking behavior (plus the background check) comes to Sam's attention and she dumps him post haste.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              Every time 's stalking comes up for discussion, I immediately recall my headfic(as Sally terms them) where Hammond and Jack are immediately notified about 's call to his FBI buddy and then Jack uses his BlackOps skills to give 4 flat tires so that he can't follow Sam to the stakeout.

Osiris still tries to fight her way out of the trap but with out of the way capture her pretty quickly.

Soon in his drive to find out Sam's secrets, stalking behavior (plus the background check) comes to Sam's attention and she dumps him post haste.
                              I like that version much better. You're hired!

Comment

Lol!

I would've quite enjoyed Pete walking in on a team night at Sam's place and inadvertently witnessing the smouldering S/J chemistry first hand.
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X