July 28 – Urgo - SGSuzi
    August 2- A Hundred Days - hlndncr
    August 7- Shades of Grey - selene0789
    August 12 – New Ground - LCJS
    August 17 – Maternal Instinct – Selene0789
    August 22 – Crystal Skull - neverendingimagination
    August 27 – Nemesis - ikorni
    Here it is I hope it was the final version
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

That is the final version! So hlndncr's review is due on... Today, actually.

Wow, this month has really flown!

Comment

Fic Rec for "Seth":

Campfire Stories Season Three Chapter 3: Balance. by polrobin
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Sorry guys. I'm slammed right now. I can do the review on Saturday (maybe Friday if I'm lucky).

Comment

i love how my episode falls on the 10 year anniversary i graduated junior high.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Sorry guys. I'm slammed right now. I can do the review on Saturday (maybe Friday if I'm lucky).
              'S ok...I'm going to a family reunion this weekend, so I'll be silent until Monday, unless I can find their wifi.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Where is the schedule?
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Look up my previous post
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                    Look up my previous post
                    Whoops.

Thanks nei!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working on the review for Fair Game. Hopefully, I'll have it up in an hour or so.

But before we move on from Seth, I just want to point out my new sig and remind you all that we shippers have our own cult complete with chant.

So say it along with me . . .

Stargate is life.
                      Sam & Jack are happiness.
                      Shippers are almighty.

Now say it again louder . . .

Stargate is life!
                      Sam & Jack are happiness!
                      Shippers are almighty!

One more time, like you really mean it . . .

STARGATE is LIFE!
                      SAM & JACK are HAPPINESS!
                      SHIPPERS are ALMIGHTY!

Welcome to the cult!

Comment

Sorry this is so late.

by me

Summary
                        Three lying, scheming, no good for nothing, slimy, over-dressed style mongers arrive at the SGC to negotiate with the Asgard over including earth in their protected planets treaty. As earth’s representative the Asgard select that paragon of diplomacy Jack O’Neill, who immediately insults the goa’uld representatives by speaking. While Daniel sees to their petty needs, Teal’c revisits his daddy issues with Cronus, who may have run out of time. After a little pop psychology from Jack, a newly minted Major Carter saves Cronus, and with a well-played bluff revealing her treachery Sam challenges Nirtii to make her day. In the end, earth is protected, the Asgard head back to their own galaxy to fight a mysterious scourge SG1 is destined to face in the near future, and every trip through the Stargate offers excitement and danger.

Favorite Scene
                        It’s so hard to choose, but for the shippy factor I’ll have to say the scene where Sam is promoted and Jack looks so proud.

Favorite Line(s)
                        With your permission, the Asgard will attempt to negotiate with the Goa'uld System Lords to include Earth in the Protected Planets Treaty.
                        That's a good thing, right?
                        It would prevent this attack.
                        Good. Um, to be honest with you, I'd rather have a fleet of your ships here. A few of these babies and we could just…

We could try the negotiating thing.

General
                        I cannot emphasize how much I LOVE this episode. Not only is it a great story brilliantly executed, it has far reaching consequence in the Stargate universe. And any ep with Jack in his blues for a significant amount of time is alright by me.

This episode is so significant in Stargate mythology. The first thing it does is give a valid reason for not constantly worrying about the goa’uld attacking earth, at the same time the danger off world remains and is even heightened. This really opens up the potential storylines.

This is the first time we see system lords outside the Egyptian mythology, something that carries on through to the ultimate sexy baddy, Baal.

The three new goa’uld here were chosen in a raffle amongst the crew. Each put in three names and then after much discussion Cronus, Nirtii and Yu were chosen. Nirtii had history with SG1 and would come back again and again to haunt and harry them. Cronus was given a history with Teal’c. Yu was solely chosen for the puns.

We get more of Teal’c’s backstory. That history with Cronus comes up again in Double Jeopardy and even plays a small part in Threshold. We see that T’s doubts about the godhood of the goa’uld must have been planted in his early childhood, which Bra’tac was able to expand and develop.

The replicator story arc is hinted at here and later becomes the series’ second major enemy.

And while we’ve seen some limited interaction between SG1 and the Asgard before, this is the beginning of the beautiful friendship between earth and the Asgard, particularly Thor, more particularly Jack and Thor.

Jack & Thor
                        RDA loved playing opposite the puppet and the puppeteers played it up. Any time RDA would approach Thor would start ad libbing stuff like, “Dammit, what’s my line?” and “So, I went out with these babes . . .”

You can tell they loved every moment of these scenes, and so do I. What makes Thor so great is that he clearly maintains the upper hand with an often difficult to corral Jack. One of my favorite moments is when Jack is going off about wanting a few Asgard ships and Thor just stares him into silence. I have often used this method with unruly children.

Remember this is Jack’s first meeting with Thor. From here the relationship between Jack and Thor just continues to grow until it is a truly close friendship. Not only is it entertaining to watch, but becomes a great boon for earth. The only disappointment is of course the atrocious failure to include Jack in Unending, but that is a rant for another day.

Sam/Jack
                        I wouldn’t call this ep overtly shippy, but there is a lot of simmering beneath the surface.

There is of course the promotion scene with a great little moment between them where Jack shows his respect and pride in Sam’s accomplishment. It is more formal than her later promotion. Here their relationship is still largely friendly and professional, with an underlying fission of attraction.

We have a nice moment of quiet friendship between Jack and Sam before the negotiations start where Sam builds Jack up and shows her respect and admiration for him. Then he sympathizes with her when she mentions the disturbing history between Cronus and Jolinar. It isn’t highly shippy, but it does demonstrate the growing bond and trust between them as they confide in one another.

Later when Sam tries to heal Cronus Jack is right there by her side supporting her and gently prodding her when she falters.

Ratings

Episode: 8 Dazzling
                        This episode dazzled me with its cleverness, emotional content, character development, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and I would watch it multiple times. It could even make a great movie!

Shippiness: 7 Exceptional
                        These shippy moments were a lot of fun to watch. Shippy moments like these are what make Stargate so enjoyable. These are key moments that begin to define the ship.

Comment

Thanks for an excellent review, hlndncr *virtual green* - it makes me want to watch the episode again

Comment

Excellent review hlndncr.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Great review, hlndncr! I love your reviews because you include all the hidden nuggets of behind-the-scenes info. This one was worth waiting for!

Comment

Thanks all for real and virtual green! Glad you enjoyed the review. I miss having time to really delve into the episodes.

I'm hoping to get some time off later this summer. My plan is to catch up on the episode drabbles I started doing in season one. I have many ideas. I just need a little time to get them down on paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X