Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    YESSSS!!! Somebody else who hates the sound of small yapping dogs!

My neighbor across the street has two small yapping dogs and for a long time she would let them out in her yard and they would yap incessantly the entire time they were out there (sometimes all day). I put up with that for as long as I could, and finally complained about it, and there has been blessed silence ever since then. I simply don't understand how people think listening to their dogs yapping like that is an okay thing. And mind you, I like dogs. I just don't want to listen to them all day long.

Yapping dogs is right up there with listening to people crack their gum constantly. (*shudders just thinking about it*)
    I can't stand it either.

OT
    Spoiler:
    One of my neighbors has a dog that, on occasion, can yap for hours on end. It's extremely annoying and rather loud, so I'm guessing she's either the next door neighbor or the one next to that, probably with the window open for the dog. But I'm not sure if it's her or someone else since it doesn't happen often (but when it does it's hours on end) and I'm guessing that's on the days she's away from home all day or something, but if it was just work then it should be on a daily basis rather than maybe once a month or something. Or maybe I can't hear it when the window isn't open... I don't know, just know that it's incredibly annoying and I can't complain since I don't know whose dog it is.

My mother's dog sometimes yaps a bit too. She's too small to be a real dog and I just don't think it's an actual bark, but it's also not incessant yapping. Unless she's playing with my sister's dog (who then also joins in, just more of a bark but it's annoying since the dog doesn't bark on her own) or trying to "scare off" someone or some animal going through the alley behind the backyard... But at least I can tell her to shut up and she usually listens, or I'll nudge my sister or mother who'll then tell her to shut up (they have more authority since it's my mother's dog and she often stays at my sister's if my mother has to work all day, because then the two dogs can stay together and also run around in my sister's backyard via a doggie door).
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I can't stand it either.

OT
      Spoiler:
      One of my neighbors has a dog that, on occasion, can yap for hours on end. It's extremely annoying and rather loud, so I'm guessing she's either the next door neighbor or the one next to that, probably with the window open for the dog. But I'm not sure if it's her or someone else since it doesn't happen often (but when it does it's hours on end) and I'm guessing that's on the days she's away from home all day or something, but if it was just work then it should be on a daily basis rather than maybe once a month or something. Or maybe I can't hear it when the window isn't open... I don't know, just know that it's incredibly annoying and I can't complain since I don't know whose dog it is.

My mother's dog sometimes yaps a bit too. She's too small to be a real dog and I just don't think it's an actual bark, but it's also not incessant yapping. Unless she's playing with my sister's dog (who then also joins in, just more of a bark but it's annoying since the dog doesn't bark on her own) or trying to "scare off" someone or some animal going through the alley behind the backyard... But at least I can tell her to shut up and she usually listens, or I'll nudge my sister or mother who'll then tell her to shut up (they have more authority since it's my mother's dog and she often stays at my sister's if my mother has to work all day, because then the two dogs can stay together and also run around in my sister's backyard via a doggie door).
      Next time you hear the barking, you should maybe go for a short walk and go by the various houses they could possibly live in and see if that narrows down to where they live.

Comment

Next time you hear the barking, you should maybe go for a short walk and go by the various houses they could possibly live in and see if that narrows down to where they live.
        Yes, I know. But it always happens at an inopportune time, like when I'm studying or working on my computer. Plus, if my suspicions about the house are correct then I probably won't be able to tell because the woman lives on the first or second floor and I can't see that far up.
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sarabahama no worries I will make sure I am on the ready team, if you need me

As for season 4, like others have suggested we an each writemamreview for every ep if we want, I think the discussion will get quite exciting and busy at times as Selene said I asked if I could coordinate season 4 and I will,start organising it once we are about half way through season 3, and I promise I won't pick D and C and WoO I think we might just have to change it from official reviewer to review starter for season 4 , but now back to season 3 you may get my review early as my parents arrive in a couple of weeks and I don't want to forget to kick off the season as I'm busy with them
          sigpic
          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Good for him. I thought about getting one of those devices, but I thought I'd try complaining first.
            hmm if you ever met my dad and got to know him you would understand why he did what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
              I was listening to Pink & Nate Ruess' "Just Give Me A Reason" and it's a really good Sam/Jack/Pete song!
              Dad came home whistling that the other day and asked me if I recognised the song. I didn't at first, mum tells me its that Pink song that's been on the radio, Give me a reason (this is the same person that doesn't know the names of songs released after the 80's.) Dad asks me to get him the lyrics to it, he likes the tune but can't hear the words. I think I just stared at them for a few seconds in shock, mum knows the name of a song, dad's listening to Pink! What's going on????
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                Dad came home whistling that the other day and asked me if I recognised the song. I didn't at first, mum tells me its that Pink song that's been on the radio, Give me a reason (this is the same person that doesn't know the names of songs released after the 80's.) Dad asks me to get him the lyrics to it, he likes the tune but can't hear the words. I think I just stared at them for a few seconds in shock, mum knows the name of a song, dad's listening to Pink! What's going on????
                Have you accidentally touched any strange alien mirrors lately?
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Have you accidentally touched any strange alien mirrors lately?
                  hahaha I don't think so
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                    Lol, my mum went to AT1 with me and they played an SJ video with the song "everything" by Lifehouse and I was shocked when my mum turned to me and said "aww, that was cute, what is that song? It's lovely but I recognise it!" - Lifehouse is a relatively unknown band in the UK (aside from a random group of final year high school kids from my school once squeaking when I came in with my lifehouse hoodie on because they'd "just discovered this AMAZING new band's third album and how did I have a hoodie?!") - they also happen to be my favourite band since I was 13. Seems mum had been paying attention to my music after all lol!
                    Last edited by AmberLM; 27 April 2013, 05:17 PM.
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I caught my father listening to "Moves like Jagger" loudly once and that was quite a shock.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Special thanks to Jumble for the lovely banner

Note: this is my first review ever and English is not my first language so please be gentle and patient with me

Out of mind

Part 1

Summary

Colonel Jack O’Neill is awakened from cryogenic stasis, only to find out that the year is now 2077 and that the rest of his team, and everyone he knew, are dead. Despite his suspicions he agrees to undergo ‘hypnosis’ by use of a memory recall device to retrieve information that might help Major General Trofsky and General Raully in fighting off their enemy. The information is holographically displayed as Jack remembers encounters with The Nox and The Asgard. And more importantly, the discovery of the Alliance of the four races. Elsewhere in the facility Daniel and Sam are revived respectively and they are both told the same story.

Meanwhile, Teal’c wakes up in the infirmary at the SGC on earth and learns it took Dr Fraiser several weeks to save him after obtaining substantial internal injury. He remembers a mix of Horus and Serpent Guards and informs General Hammond that this is an unusual combination. Not willing to risk more lives, General Hammond refuses another search and rescue mission which forces Teal’c to resign and return to Chulak.

Back in the facility Jack works out that everything’s a hoax and he overhears Trofsky and Raully speaking in Goa’uld. He gets rid of the sedative and overpowers the guard, after which he starts exploring. Soon he discovers the SGC is false and as he wanders around, he ends up in the Goa’uld part of the facility. Exploring further, he finds Sam and removes the device delivering the sedative from her body. When she wakes up her mind triggers the recall device and Jack responds by telling Sam to try not to think too much. (As if that’s possible LOL )

Together they free Daniel, only to be stopped by the female Goa’uld system lord Hathor, who employs both Horus and Serpent Jaffa and demands the humans' help against her rival system lords. A Goa’uld symbiote has recently matured and needs a host. The episode ends in a cliffhanger and one question remains: “Who will be implanted with the Goa’uld symbiote?”

General discussion
                        I think this episode has a good mix of humour, action and team moments. When Jack, Sam and Daniel awake from stasis, all three of them immediately ask about one another and when they are informed about each other’s ‘deaths’ they all have similar reactions. They are upset and it takes some time for them to process the new information. Jack feels as if he failed to protect his team. Sam gives a small cry and feels the loss and Daniel is totally confused. To me this shows that over the past two years they have developed a very strong bond with each other and a beautiful friendship.

We also learn that Sam has naquadah in her blood and Daniel seems to have had a haircut and lost his long silky hair. It also struck me that Sam starts questioning Trofsky and Raully pretty much from the beginning, asking about their motives and it seems to me that the scientist in her makes her more sceptic. She doesn’t seem to accept what they tell her and constantly responds with ‘Why’ to everything they tell her.

Through the holograms we are informed that this episode is a clip show and although I’m not that fond of clip shows and definitely not as a season finale, I do believe that this one is not that bad. However, I find it very interesting that we see the holograms from a third person view and not through each character’s own eyes, which would have made a lot more sense as all of them are remembering events they have encountered in the past. What is more, it seems to me that sometimes we are shown things the person in question couldn’t have seen as they weren’t present when the actual event happened. For example Daniel ‘remembers’ Jack being turned into a Jaffa by Hathor but he wasn’t there when this happened.

I also loved seeing the return of Hathor and I really believe Suanne Braun did a great job portraying her.

*Continued in part 2
                        sigpic
                        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Special thanks to Jumble for the lovely banner

Note: this is my first review ever and English is not my first language so please be gentle and patient with me

Out of mind

Part 2

Sam/Jack
                          There are quite some shippy moments in this episode and I absolutely adore the scene where Jack finds Sam. It must have been such a relief to find her alive and well. And the same thing goes for Sam, even though she’s still pretty drugged at that time. But the way she lays her hand on his arm is almost as if she wants to pull him closer. She needs the contact and I see this as a part in a long series of touching each other whenever and wherever they can.

They’re both well aware that there’s not a lot of time to escape but neither of them really moves and Jack allows himself to let his eyes roam over Sam’s body. When he realizes she’s naked, he has a good long (very long) look and I love how distracted he gets from escaping and keeps checking her out. I’m pretty sure his mind wasn’t thinking of escaping at all.

I also think it’s no coincidence that the writers chose the moment Jack gets speared by the orb to be displayed holographically as this event must have been a difficult time for Sam and a very emotional one, having to deal with her Colonel who’s in pain and not being able to help him. Seeing him alive triggers some deep emotions within her.

Then there’s the scene in the hallway that always sends my mind straight to the gutter. Their bodies pressed together, his hand over her mouth… It’s in my opinion so sexy and possibly one of those rare moments they get to be so close to each other.

Ooh and I guess I also don’t need to remind anyone that in the opening scene Jack is shirtless! And his hair is a little tousled hehe.

Favourite scene
                          I really had a hard time just picking one scene and as much as I love the shippy scenes mentioned above, I’ve decided to go with the scene in the gate room when Teal’c is ready to leave the SGC and return to Chulak and says goodbye to General Hammond. I think it’s a beautiful and very emotional scene displaying the mutual respect that has formed between these two men over the past two years.

Favourite lines
                          Hathor: We are prepared to offer you a life of luxury as servants in our royal court for sharing information. Deny us and you will not enjoy the alternative.
                          O’Neill: Ya know, you should really do something about the breath.
                          Hathor: How do we contact the Asgard so that we might align with their forces?
                          O’Neill: Try Roswell. Little place in New Mexico.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Awesome review honey xxxx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Thanks for the awesome review, dear

Clip shows are not my favorite cup of tea either, but the ep gave us some pretty shippy moments, so all is forgiven

Comment

Nice review! Your comment about the holograms being in third person always bugs me too (also in supposed flashbacks)! It's just ridiculous but considering this is a clip show I get why they didn't reshoot the scenes However, it would make more sense to at least only use scenes where that person was actually present, unless Daniel has a very vivid imagination and was able to form the events in his mind's eye after reading the reports and hearing stories from the others (or maybe he watched the surveillance tapes? ).

My mind always goes straight to the gutter too with that scene where Sam and Jack are pressed up against each other and reading Nynaeve's guttery ficlet about it didn't help. Ever since reading it I keep thinking they're not wearing anything underneath those flimsy clothes when I'm watching the episode...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X