Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    Out of curiosity, did anyone else think Cromwell was going to say something else before Jack cut in?
    hehe I think that's why Jack interrupted
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
      hehe I think that's why Jack interrupted

Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this. I know this episode, that scene and the relationship between Cromwell and Jack has been discussed here often but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning this before so I was just wondering.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this. I know this episode, that scene and the relationship between Cromwell and Jack has been discussed here often but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning this before so I was just wondering.
        I agree too. I think he was either gonna make a comment about her being a hot geek like McKay did or something about Jack working with her or going for the brainy chicks like AU Kawalsky!
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
          I agree too. I think he was either gonna make a comment about her being a hot geek like McKay did or something about Jack working with her or going for the brainy chicks like AU Kawalsky!
          That's the sorta thing I always assumed he was going to say with Jack's reaction of cutting him off quickly like that.
          sigpic
          Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Now that you mention it, yeah, that does kind of seem like what was about to happen. I've always noticed that Jack cut him off, but never actually thought about what Cromwell was about to say.

Comment

Out of curiosity, did anyone else think Cromwell was going to say something else before Jack cut in?
              Yes! And it seems Jack had an inkling what Frank would say.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

OMG the wormhole conversation is so gorgeous, i had completely forgotten that, love this ship so much.

and when they pull the breaker, sam is only concenred with Jack being okay afterwards even though he wasnt down there himself
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

i just noticed that Jack gave his Tags to Sam before he climbed on the rope. Makes me wonder wether each of them have sets of the other ones Tags for any reason. think i might have given myself a little plot bunny here
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                    A banner for this episode... I just love that quote
                    http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...ps668fe616.jpg
                    That is beautiful, meredithe!

Oh, yeah *nods*...I've always thought Jack interrupted him to shut him up.

Not that I thought that Cromwell would say something inappropriate, but whatever he was about to say was out of a superficial knowledge of Sam, where Jack's response, though a little flip, is an expression of his knowledge of her and confidence in her: neither Frank or Jack are stupid (or they wouldn't have achieved their ranks) but Jack knows that Sam is smarter than both of them.

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                    i just noticed that Jack gave his Tags to Sam before he climbed on the rope. Makes me wonder whether each of them have sets of the other ones Tags for any reason. think i might have given myself a little plot bunny here
                    There was a Continuum fic where Cam died in the extraction room and Jack made it to Earth with Sam and Daniel. They were already married in this story, and TPTB separated all three of them. Before they're taken away, Jack demands a moment with his wife, and he takes off their dog tags and switches them so that they each have one of their own and one of each others. I can't find it now, and I think it was incomplete.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

First time I saw it I totally thought that Frank was going to say something inappropriate or at the very least, rude (like being a geek)

I wonder if Sam asked JAck about it after it was all over. She had to have known that Jack cut him off (or am I remembering incorrectly and Sam had already left at that point?).

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        There was a Continuum fic where Cam died in the extraction room and Jack made it to Earth with Sam and Daniel. They were already married in this story, and TPTB separated all three of them. Before they're taken away, Jack demands a moment with his wife, and he takes off their dog tags and switches them so that they each have one of their own and one of each others. I can't find it now, and I think it was incomplete.
                        That is so sweet! Would love to read the fic, though it's a shame if it's incomplete as it sounds great.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Bringing forward . . .

SEASON 2 SHIPPERS REWATCH

12th Jan - The serpents lair - sarabahama
                          17th Jan - In the line of duty- meredithe5
                          22nd Jan - Prisoners – Hedwig
                          27th Jan - The gamekeeper - hlndncr
                          1st Feb - Need - Selene
                          6th Feb - Thors chariot- Ramona the pest
                          11th Feb - Message in a bottle - SGSuzi
                          23rd Feb - Family - Ikorni
                          28th Feb - Secrets – Lt.Col John Sheppard
                          5th Mar - Bane - Lt.Col John Sheppard
                          10th Mar - The tokra pt 1and 2 – sparky she demon
                          15th Mar - Spirits- Hedwig
                          20th Mar - Touchstone- hlndncr
                          25th Mar - The fifth race – meredithe5
                          30th Mar - A matter of time- sarabahama
                          4th Apr - Holiday - Hlndncr
                          9th Apr - Serpents song - Lt.Col John Sheppard
                          13th Apr - One false step - Ramona the pest
                          18th Apr - Show and tell - sparky she demon
                          23rd Apr - 1969 - sgsuzi
                          28th Apr - Out of Mind - samfan13

**Peeks at list...oh crud! I have one due in 2 days!!!!!
                          Just checking in so you all know I'm still reviewing "One False Step". Got a question - are some of you a day ahead of the us in U.S. so should post on the 12th instead of the 13th?
                          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

There was a Continuum fic where Cam died in the extraction room and Jack made it to Earth with Sam and Daniel. They were already married in this story, and TPTB separated all three of them. Before they're taken away, Jack demands a moment with his wife, and he takes off their dog tags and switches them so that they each have one of their own and one of each others.I can't find it now, and I think it was incomplete.

I have a set of those! I bought them at Gabit 1. Great for fancy dress parties and they're also a cute little shippy accessory. Goes with the camo bracelet I bought that's like Amanda's. Best £5 I ever spent, I wore that thing solidly for 4 years and it's still going even though I had to stop wearing it when I changed jobs!
                            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                              Just checking in so you all know I'm still reviewing "One False Step". Got a question - are some of you a day ahead of the us in U.S. so should post on the 12th instead of the 13th?
                              Hmm...I don't think it really matters which day you post, just as long as there's a review!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Made this for the next episode in our shipper rewatch I finally made one before the review was posted Yay!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X