Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Oh well. My shippy imagination persists in the delusion.
    apparently so.

Comment

But that's what keeps the ship alive years after the show ended
      sigpic

Comment

I'm working on my Politics Review it should be up in a little bit... things always seem to get crazy during the holiday season!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
          I'm working on my Politics Review it should be up in a little bit... things always seem to get crazy during the holiday season!!
          my review of Within the Serpent's Grasp should be sometime tommrow. i'll work on it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            my review of Within the Serpent's Grasp should be sometime tommrow. i'll work on it tonight.
            No worries Mine is almost done just tracking down my favorite bit of dialogue... I'm sure it's everyone else's fav for the episode I can't believe we're at the very end of season 1 for our rewatch. We have a nice break and then start season 2 in January.
            sigpic

Comment

Banner by Ikorni

Synopsis

After experiencing a Goa'uld invasion in an alternate reality, Dr. Daniel Jackson attempts to warn Stargate Command of the possibility of it happening in this reality. The government, however, has other plans asSenator Robert Kinsey evaluates the dangers of the Stargate program.

Favorite Dialogue

O'Neill: Alright, wait a minute, let me...let me get something straight here...engaged!? (waves hands between him and Sam)
              Carter: It is theoretically possible.
              O'Neill: It's against regulations.
              Carter: I'm talking physics, sir

and I loved this quote… it's so 'Jack'

Hammond: It costs nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here.
              O'Neill: How about a bake sale? Yard sale? Garage...?
              Hammond: This is what I look like when I'm not laughing, Colonel.
              O'Neill: Car wash?

General Discussion

Senator Kinsey is introduced in this episode and I'd forgotten that I wanted to punch him in the face even in the beginning. He walks into the SGC stating that he'll listen to Hammond and the rest of SG-1 talk about the importance of the Stargate program but he's already decided that he doesn't care about their opinion and won't listen to reason. It drove me crazy to see how deluded he was in his ignorance and arrogance…. and he gives us Americans a bad name!!

While I dislike his character, almost as much as Pete.. or should I say he who should not be mentioned, I think it was an important story and character to add to the show. If the Stargate existed, (I'm still not convinced that it doesn't ) there would be people that fought over the use of the stargate and whether we should explore space and get involved with other people's problems… we do that now when dealing with other countries. It's also interesting to see SG-1 and the SGC deal with their own problems at home… the Goa'uld aren't there only problem!

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of this episode but that's probably because I've watched the first season so many times that I don't need the recap that takes up most of the episode. I watched the episode for the rewatch with my dad who's watching SG-1 for the first time and he really enjoyed it. For new viewers it's a great chance to get caught up with everything that's happened throughout the season.

Sam/Jack

They don't really have a lot of shippy moments in this episode except for the very beginning when Daniel announces that the alternate versions of Sam and Jack were engaged. I loved the fact that Jack couldn't move on from that statement, it makes me smile every time I watch this episode.

On a side note: I'm watching the whole series with my dad who used to tease me about making art of the same two people over and over again. He finally realizes who Sam and Jack are and has dubbed Amanda Tapping the "Portal Princess". So far he's loved the series and has said numerous times that he's not sure why they didn't just get a room lol. I love watching a new shipper see the connection between Sam and Jack, especially during the earlier seasons.
              sigpic

Comment

great review Meredith, thank you
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

*sigh* -I love your delusion. Mine are strong as well...hearing things that are not there (or ARE they?). I think my Muse may be the source of most of these episodes.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Good review Meredith! Green for you!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Meredithe: nice review!

I know what you mean about 'flashback' episodes -when you are rewatching, there is a temptation to skip those scenes. I am struck by the scene at the beginning when Daniel tells them that AU S/J are engaged and Jack just can't processes the information.

I think THIS is the first time that Jack is confronted with the idea that he and Sam could be something other than coworkers -and this powerful notion doesn't go away...it stalks him from here on out, growing stronger every day, every week, every year; so subtle that he doesn't even realize how entangled he has become with her.

*recs own fic*

Turning Point

*runs away*
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Nice fic. I really enjoyed reading it. Left you a review!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Meredithe: nice review!

I know what you mean about 'flashback' episodes -when you are rewatching, there is a temptation to skip those scenes. I am struck by the scene at the beginning when Daniel tells them that AU S/J are engaged and Jack just can't processes the information.

I think THIS is the first time that Jack is confronted with the idea that he and Sam could be something other than coworkers -and this powerful notion doesn't go away...it stalks him from here on out, growing stronger every day, every week, every year; so subtle that he doesn't even realize how entangled he has become with her.

*recs own fic*

Turning Point

*runs away*
                          I agree, it was interesting to watch it with someone who's never seen it before. I was bored with rewatching scenes I know by heart *blushes* but my dad loved it because it was his first time watching that episode and SG1. For some reason I enjoy the SGA recap episode better... maybe it's because of how they went about recapping all the info... or I've just watched SG1 Season 1 waaaaaaay too many times lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

Synopsis:
                            The Stargate program is shut down after Senator Robert Kinsey's visit, but SG-1 still plans to stop the Goa'uld invasion. They gate to what they think is the Goa'uld home world, but soon discover they are on a Ha'tak vessel, led by Apophis and Skaara, now host to Klorel. The ships are also now heading straight for Earth.

Favorite Lines:
                            (when they are planning whether or not to dial Daniel's address he got in the AR)
                            If the coordinates are for a Goa'uld world which is not on the Abydos cartouche, the Goa'uld will most likely not expect us. I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                            Surgical attack, Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

(referring to a group of Jaffa) I always get a happy, tingly feeling when I see those guys.
                            (staring at a huge floating sphere) Teal'c, What is this?
                            It is a Goa'uld long range visual communication device. Somewhat like your television, only much further advanced.
                            Think it gets Showtime?

(trapped on a Goa'uld starship) I suggest the two of you figure out how get us back home.
                            Sir, the only way to do that would be to turn this thing around and go back to where we started.
                            Right, I'll just go tell the pilot...
                            (confronting a Jaffa) Hey! How're ya doing? Ah, seen a bathroom around here?

Favorite Scenes:
                            One of my all-time favorite scenes would have to be the ending of the episode where SG-1 is on the Pel’tak and they find out that they are already arrived at Earth and the camera just pans out on their reactions and it shows the two Goa’uld mother ships.

General Review:
                            The first of ten great season finales. This one gets the ball rolling ... and it is a cracker.

SG-1 violates orders not to use the stargate and, knowing full well that they will face a court martial when they get back, they use the co-ordinates Daniel obtained from the alternate reality earth (From the episode "There But For The Grace Of God") and enter the gate. And there you get the first surprise ... the gate is on board a ship, which we later find out is heading towards Earth to destroy it, and they've just entered hyper space.

The surprises don't end there ... the Goa'uld commander of the ship is Skaara (Well, he goes by Klorel now), our friend from Abydos. The team splits up: Daniel and Sam plant C4 all over the ship in case plan A does not work and Jack and Teal'c go after Klorel in plan A, to try and get Skaara to stop the invasion.

Of course they get captured; Sam sets the timer for the C4 to 24 hrs and goes to the rescue, which eventually leads to the death of Klorel (and Skaara). Which leaves us to the team staring back at Earth through the windshield of the ship, next to another Goa'uld ship heading towards earth, with a non-functional gate, C4 about to explode and nobody able to fly the ship.

What happens next? ... We'll have to wait for the next season to know.

Sam and Jack:
                            They have some nice moments where Jack tells Sam that he's not going to order her to come with him and the others when they try to activate the gate but she says she's in anyway.

Favorite S/J interaction:
                            Would have to be where Jack makes the decision to grab Skaara/Klor’el and Sam tells him that he is making an emotional decision based on his relationship with Skaara but he just brushes it off as a strategic decision.

Fanfic reference:
                            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 09 December 2012, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Great review I can't believe we've finished season 1, just in time for the holidays!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                                Great review I can't believe we've finished season 1, just in time for the holidays!
                                Have we really?! Where has the time gone?
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X