Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
    To be fair though, other than Sara and Sam I don't think I have seen Jack hug and comfort anyone else like that. Hug = some one Jack cares a lot about
    Actually, he hugged Daniel like that at the end of "Serpent's Lair" when Daniel stepped out from behind the crowd and showed them he was still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Actually, he hugged Daniel like that at the end of "Serpent's Lair" when Daniel stepped out from behind the crowd and showed them he was still alive.
      I thought that too!

But then he also hugged Sam!

Comment

I'm talking boy/girl hugs here, Daniel doesn't count
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

After being hypnotized, Sam realizes that Daniel is still alive and they left him behind, and she starts to get a little hysterical. So Jack grabs her and hugs her.
          ...and I LOVE the look he shoots McKenzie (that's the doctor, right?). A warning look that says 'this session is DONE'.

Good point.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Good review, Suz.

I'm glad the show began to get away from weird aliens and focused more on the gou'ald and the human beings they supplanted throughout the galaxy. I include the Asgard and Ancients as evolved human(oids). Rubbery looking buggy/fishy/unas creatures take away from the "real" feel that Stargate has.

QUESTION: Is it realistic that Daniel would have been allowed to have artifacts from offworld planets or his journals of their missions in his off-base apartment given the top secret nature of the Stargate program?
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
              Good review, Suz.

I'm glad the show began to get away from weird aliens and focused more on the gou'ald and the human beings they supplanted throughout the galaxy. I include the Asgard and Ancients as evolved human(oids). Rubbery looking buggy/fishy/unas creatures take away from the "real" feel that Stargate has.

QUESTION: Is it realistic that Daniel would have been allowed to have artifacts from offworld planets or his journals of their missions in his off-base apartment given the top secret nature of the Stargate program?
              I've wondered about that, too. He supposedly lost his apartment/home sometime about the time of the original movie. If he lost his apartment, I doubt he would have had a collection of artifacts such as what we see in this episode. And if he lost his apartment, where would he have stored such things? And since this is only about a year into the series, how could he possibly have collected all those items offworld, much less been allowed to keep them at his offbase home? Tis a puzzle.

Comment

But even more so the implication - even if the artifacts had been cleared free of foreign disease - if he had a burglary and his journal became public... Also, if he continued years later to keep a journal off base, it could become fodder for the NID/Trust to steal it to procure alien tech or whatever (whoever) might be mentioned in the journal. And since Jack said the journals contained Daniel's personal feelings on the missions, any interpersonal situations between team members could be used against them as well.
                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                  But even more so the implication - even if the artifacts had been cleared free of foreign disease - if he had a burglary and his journal became public... Also, if he continued years later to keep a journal off base, it could become fodder for the NID/Trust to steal it to procure alien tech or whatever (whoever) might be mentioned in the journal. And since Jack said the journals contained Daniel's personal feelings on the missions, any interpersonal situations between team members could be used against them as well.
                  BIG screw-up on the part of the writers.

Comment

Make that a SNAFU on the part of the writers!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Yeah, I thought that was ridiculous too. I'm just gonna pretend that was Daniel still in civilian mode and after finding the journals in that ep and Daniel returning, Jack/Hammond made it clear to Daniel that he can't keep journals about their missions! Or take anything off-world back home.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thought I'd share a couple banners some of our shippers made for Fire and Water

made by Hlndncr

made by Aveo Amacus

and last but certainly not least!

by Ikorni
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the journals made the story-line flow easier, it gave them something to do when they were cleaning out Daniel's house but it wasn't realistic at all. The military would never allow someone to leave a secure base with critical information no matter how trustworthy Daniel is. It would be to easy for someone to break into Daniel's apartment and steal things.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            So, basically that's [the hug] Jack's way of dealing with hysterical, emotional and/or crying (Heroes) women!
                            That sentence reminds me of the scene where AU sam is crying and Jack doesn't know what to say and she says "you don't have to say anything" and then he hugs her. Another instance where Jack hugs Sam. And you know, he always does the neck sniff. Maybe it's an RDA thing

About this ep as a whole, I like it, because I like the idea of not just the Gou'ald having been here but other races of aliens too. It was facsinating that they tied a differenty mythology (Babyloninan?) into the Stargate world and it was refreshing. All Gou'ald
                            all the time could get boring.

While I actually thought it was a little weird for them to be all quite that emotional (as someone pointed out, they hadn't been a team for THAT long), I chalked it up to the shock and the way they lost Daniel. In that way, the strong emotions were very believeable and true to character. I know that some people don't like the hypnosis bit, but I found it plausible given that they were dealing with memory, and at this point, the humans don't really have any tech that deals with memory.

As for artifacts in Daniel's house, I always assumed they were Egyptian and earth based. And the Journals, they could have been written so that no one would understand unless one actually knew about the stargate....though I agree about the security issues there.

Overall, I liked this episode for the character development as well as the new mythos it introduced. The hug was an extra bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                              That sentence reminds me of the scene where AU sam is crying and Jack doesn't know what to say and she says "you don't have to say anything" and then he hugs her. Another instance where Jack hugs Sam. And you know, he always does the neck sniff. Maybe it's an RDA thing
                              I never realised the neck sniff always happened! *LOL*
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Oh, just one of quite a few!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X