No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's fine SaraBahama Makes my job easier when I'm checking to see who I have to send a friendly reminder to each week lol.

I also agree on the Catherine front! I think it would've been really interesting to see more of her and her interaction with Daniel and even Sam. In this episode they showed a familiarity between Catherine and Sam which makes us believe that they worked together before the movie took place, but I would have liked to see more of that relationship and mentoring. Catherine was such a big part of the Stargate Project in the beginning
    sigpic

Comment

well i must admit i love Torment of Tantalus, it is probably my fave season 1 non shippy episode

I must admit i am a sucker for a good old fashioned love story, and i love the backstory to this and the old style film. It is also interesting to learn that Carson Beckett was the first person through the stargate lol !!!!!

Its not a shippy episode by any means but some nice teamwork moments and also nice to see Catherine depicted as part of this bigger family

Its also interesting that we learn about the four races and this also means so much more when you do a rewatch and know the info it makes more sense

I liked Sams advice to Catherine about the heart never growing old, and when she tells Catherine to go talk to him, i cant help thinking that Sam should have listened to her own advice a few years downt he line.

Can i just say that Jack seem to be more HOT in this episiode than in some of the othwers we have seen so far, perhaps its because we are seeing a much softer side to him

Great episode....love it
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

trust me i've been working on a little bit at a time. i'm just having trouble with the general review part.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          Great job -thanks, Lucy!!

I think the line that surprisingly stayed with me the most and made me misty-eyed (hindsight is 20/20), was when Sam said to Catherine:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...ntinuum4-1.jpg
          (manip by mala -quote inserted by me)

...because it takes J/S so long to see their relationship realized, and some would consider them 'old' by the time it happens (Jack's hair has grayed, etc)...

I'm a romantic idiot, aren't I?
          This is the same line from the episode that sticks with me as well, for pretty much the same reasons. We're just hopeless romantics, eh? lol

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          Catherine and Ernest.

The epitome of angst...

Maybe I need to ship them *snort*

JUST KIDDING.
          Haha! Yes, they really do set my angst radar to maximum those two!

I love the continuity of the character of Catherine -completely from the movie on through. I wish they had used her more often and explored the mentor/colleague bond between her and Daniel and her and Sam...such a rich well of info to draw from *sigh*.
          Agree completely. Catherine is such a fascinating character and we really should have seen more of her considering how important a link she is to so many aspects of the Stargate program.

I'm still playing catch-up, so have just this minute finished my ramblings on Thor's Hammer (will take you to my LJ entry about the ep, as usual). I've thrown in an extra section this time on symbolism, as I found the choice of rune Kendra gives to Daniel rather interesting

Great review on Torment of Tantalus, Lucy! Ill be watching that one tomorrow so will have more to say after that (it's been a few years since I've seen the ep!).
          sigpic
          Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Recently, I've watched the episode "Grace" for the first time. Amazing.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              Recently, I've watched the episode "Grace" for the first time. Amazing.
              Yay, you watched it! It really is amazing
              sigpic

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
                I'm still playing catch-up, so have just this minute finished my ramblings on Thor's Hammer (will take you to my LJ entry about the ep, as usual). I've thrown in an extra section this time on symbolism, as I found the choice of rune Kendra gives to Daniel rather interesting
                Wow! That was awesome. I never even considered looking into the meaning of the rune, but it was really fun to read about it. Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Wow! That was awesome. I never even considered looking into the meaning of the rune, but it was really fun to read about it. Thanks for sharing that!
                  No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm Pagan and in my teens I drifted over to the Norse Tradition to see what it was all about, so I did a lot of research into the gods and mythology and found the runes fascinating - some of the symbolism has stuck with me so I couldn't help noticing the particular rune Kendra offered and my analytical mind got to work instantly haha
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna keep bringing the schedule forward every couple of pages unless you guys make me stop:

So here is the official season 1 rewatch schedule:
                    Spoiler:

31st August - Children of the Gods (SGSuzi)
                    7th September - The Enemy Within (Meredithe5)
                    14th September - Emancipation (SaraBahama)
                    19th September - The Broca Divide (Brendini)
                    24th September - The First Commandment (Hlndncr)
                    29th September - Cold Lazarus (sueKay)
                    4th October - The Nox (Meredithe5)
                    9th October - Brief Candle (Hedwig)
                    14th October - Thor's Hammer (Hlndncr)
                    19th October - The Torment of Tantalus (Lucycat)
                    24th October - Bloodlines (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                    29th October - Fire and Water (SGSuzi)
                    3rd November - Hathor (Meredithe5)
                    8th November - Singularity (SaraBahama)
                    13th November - Cor-ai (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                    18th November - Enigma (Hlndncr)
                    23rd November - Solitudes (SGSuzi)
                    28th November - Tin Man (Brendini)
                    3rd December - There But for the Grace of God (SGSuzi)
                    8th December - Politics (Part 1 Meredithe5) Within the Serpent's Grasp (Part 2 Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)

...we're still discussing Torment of Tantalus, and LCJS only has 4 more days to prep for Bloodlines.

I love the continuity of the character of Catherine -completely from the movie on through. I wish they had used her more often and explored the mentor/colleague bond between her and Daniel and her and Sam...such a rich well of info to draw from *sigh*.
                    Please do, the schedule really helps and I completely agree about Catherine. Love that woman. Also love how they did the flashback scenes, it really did give us a feel for the era and how things were for women back then. Except for the kiss, that felt a little out of place for some reason (I feel that they were not THAT demonstrative back then...and they were at her house!)

I love the torment of tantalus for both the love story and the insights we get into Daniel. We now know that none of the members of SG1 does anything by halves - it is usually all or nothing Daniel would give everything to keep studying, T's defection from Apophis, Jack's protectiveness over team members (Emancipation, Children of the Gods), and soon, Sam will have her moment in Hathor & Singularity.

Comment

Hey, when will the official season 2 rewatch schedule be up?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hey, when will the official season 2 rewatch schedule be up?
                        I don't think anything's been confirmed yet, in fact, there isn't anyone running it. (if I'm not wrong here)
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Dang. I really want to get involved with it!

Comment

Dang. I really want to get involved with it!
                            Or you could run it!
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I'm still working on the schedule bc we've still got some time until we finish up with season 1. Why don't you take a look at the episodes for season 2 and let me know which one/ones you'd like to do reviews for and I'll put you in the schedule
                              sigpic

Comment

Made a little change to the schedule to give some new blood a chance to do a review

31st August - Children of the Gods (SGSuzi)
                                7th September - The Enemy Within (Meredithe5)
                                14th September - Emancipation (SaraBahama)
                                19th September - The Broca Divide (Brendini)
                                24th September - The First Commandment (Hlndncr)
                                29th September - Cold Lazarus (sueKay)
                                4th October - The Nox (Meredithe5)
                                9th October - Brief Candle (Hedwig)
                                14th October - Thor's Hammer (Hlndncr)
                                19th October - The Torment of Tantalus (Lucycat)
                                24th October - Bloodlines (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                                29th October - Fire and Water (SGSuzi)
                                3rd November - Hathor (Sparky She-Demon)
                                8th November - Singularity (SaraBahama)
                                13th November - Cor-ai (Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                                18th November - Enigma (Hlndncr)
                                23rd November - Solitudes (SGSuzi)
                                28th November - Tin Man (Brendini)
                                3rd December - There But for the Grace of God (SGSuzi)
                                8th December - Politics (Part 1 Meredithe5) Within the Serpent's Grasp (Part 2 Lt. Colonel John Sheppard)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X