No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh i betcha when the Ori came across P3X-403 and P3X-888 that they were in for a treat with the unas.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
      Lya made an appearance in the episode where Skarra and Khlorel are on trial for the right to Skarra's body. What season was that? And she is soooo tiny. I always wondered if that is a camera trick such as they used in The Hobbit or if the actress is really that petite. She doesn't seem quite as small in the episode "The Nox ", but she does in the Skarra/Khlorel ep. EDITED: That WAS Pretense - sorry.
      "Pretense" was in the last half of Season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        I've always been perturbed by how the non-interference thing was presented in Stargate. I understood the Prime Directive in Star Trek (which was more like a guideline, depending on the captain), because humans were often presented as finite creatures - not knowing how their influence would disrupt a culture. Often times with things like the Nox or the Ancients, it's treated like it's an enlightenment thing. I would have preferred a 'from the point of view of...' kind of mindset. Like the Nox choosing not to interfere because they destroyed a whole civilization. As for the Ancients, they interfered all over the place (with humanity being part of their descendants - what's with not helping people ascend anyway. Maybe if they'd been a little more on top of that Anubis wouldn't have pulled on over on Oma).

The Nox rank only slightly higher than the Unas in my favorite species to see on a series. I kind of assume they went into hiding with the arrival of the Ori and haven't seen much need to come out since.

As for Jack and Sam being on the same wavelength - I've appreciated that about the series. They're both military and I love that they are on the same page most of the time.
        Nynaeve, "slightly higher than the Unas". The UNAS??? I find that hilarious! I'd love to hear how The Unas (or their episodes) became your favorites. I don't even know quite why I find that funny, but I can't stop grinning when I think about it - Maybe because they're great big ugly monsters. And here you like the cuddliest and the hideous.

Thanks, Hedwig.
        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
          Nynaeve, "slightly higher than the Unas". The UNAS??? I find that hilarious! I'd love to hear how The Unas (or their episodes) became your favorites. I don't even know quite why I find that funny, but I can't stop grinning when I think about it - Maybe because they're great big ugly monsters. And here you like the cuddliest and the hideous.

Thanks, Hedwig.
          Er.

I forgot a word.

*LEAST favorite*

:: headdesk ::

:: runs off to correct ::

I got distracted by my five year old

Comment

As for Jack and Sam being on the same wavelength - I've appreciated that about the series. They're both military and I love that they are on the same page most of the time.
            And the fact that they're on the same page so often makes the scenes where they're *not* so much more delicious. Like Scorched Earth. Yeah, that was a good one.

Pic Spam, any one?

Comment

Er.

I forgot a word.

*LEAST favorite*

:: headdesk ::

:: runs off to correct ::

I got distracted by my five year old

Ohhhhhhh. Even more funny. My least favorite as well. However I loved Jack's expression when he realized "Unas" didn't mean there was only one, but rather the "first" goua'ld hosts.
              sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I also like that about them. It's like they have an understanding between them both. They are both attracted to each other, but they don't act on it because of the military rules, and they both share the same moral code. Imagine if it was about one of them wanting to act on their feelings and the other one wanting to follow the regs.. Wouldn't be the ship we all so enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  And the fact that they're on the same page so often makes the scenes where they're *not* so much more delicious. Like Scorched Earth. Yeah, that was a good one.
                  And the end of 'The Other Side' - such yummy aaaaaaaangst
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

*just realized* I don't have any pic spam from this ep! little help??
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I'll see if I can track down a few pics
                      sigpic

Comment

Before a little pic spam here's some more art for The Nox ;D I'm gonna be totally annoying and use individual posts *blush* I wanna hit 2000.... someday!

made by JasminaGo
                        sigpic

Comment

made by Starlover
                          sigpic

Comment

made by Ikorni
                            sigpic

Comment

and another by Ikorni
                              sigpic

Comment

Quick question for everyone I know we can't post anything over 100k but I was wondering what the size/dimension restrictions are. I've got a few pics that I got from the Gateworld gallery that are 700x393. Do I need to resize them?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X