Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
    SgSuzi - we can't respond to any of that unless you request to be spoiled
    it is very difficult to be a part of forums and fandom like this without being spoiled to be honest. I know as much as Sam becomes Commander of Atlantis but thats about it, I'm trying not to delve much more as i'd like some suprises
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Where do we go to remind them, Majorsal?
      https://twitter.com/MGM_Studios

i know a fan can say something on their facebook page, but i don't really do facebook, so i just stick with twitter.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        Does anyone know exactly when the AF advisers were hired? Because you'd think they would catch something like this.
        I just watched the 100 episode blurb yesterday, but I'll have to go back to it and double-check it. IIRC, they were actually brought in 1st season. I may not be thinking or remembering clearly, though.

Comment

I did enjoy her tearing Adam Beach (can't think of characters' name) a new one for disrespecting Rodney. And I loved her interaction with Teal'c and Ronan, but other than that it was a wasted opportunity.
          The character was Col. Abe Ellis portrayed by Michael Beach.

Adam Beach is a Native-American actor who played the Navajo codetalker in the Nicolas Cage movie Windtalkers.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
            The character was Col. Abe Ellis portrayed by Michael Beach.

Adam Beach is a Native-American actor who played the Navajo codetalker in the Nicolas Cage movie Windtalkers.
            Thanks, iiradned. I like both actors so must have mixed up their names.
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Thanks, iiradned. I like both actors so must have mixed up their names.
              You're welcome.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                and yes to keep this on topic i dont like the thought of her leaving Jack to go to another Galaxy either, but the way I think of it, they must be married or pretty close to it by now and very settled in their relationship, and tho we never see it onscreen I'm sure hte head of homeworld security would have found more than enough reasons to visit atlantis
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

So...no review yet for 'Cold Lazarus'?

I just watched it and it made me very sad...as always.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    So...no review yet for 'Cold Lazarus'?

I just watched it and it made me very sad...as always.
                    Yea sueKay hasn't been on in a few days ;( The episode makes me sad as well... it's such a heartbreaking issue to loose a child so young and the way he died I will say that I like this version of Sara better then the one in the movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                      Yea sueKay hasn't been on in a few days ;( The episode makes me sad as well... it's such a heartbreaking issue to loose a child so young and the way he died I will say that I like this version of Sara better then the one in the movie.
                      I do, too. Strong, confident, independent (working on the car, etc).

I was watching with hubs and he stopped and said "is it just me or did they TRY to make her look like Sam Carter?" LOL
                      I told him about the discussion on the thread about Jack having a type.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I was watching with hubs and he stopped and said "is it just me or did they TRY to make her look like Sam Carter?" LOL
                        Lol he really does!!! She and Sam are not only identical in looks but their personalities are similar like you described. It may have been what attracted him to her at first but he definitely loves Sam for her personality. He can also be a lot more open with Sam then he ever could with Sara. They're both in the military so they understand what the job entails and how hard it is on their lives, but it's also the thing that keeps them apart.
                        sigpic

Comment

If anyone wants to post their own little review for Cold lazarus, or any related discussion or artwork then feel free as it is time in the schedule for this episode and SueKay must be busy etc.
                          sigpic

Comment

i must admit i never noticedthe similaritys until you mentioned it, but i guess when i first watched these episodes i wasn't seeing the ship either
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                              Well, to be honest, Sara had a part that was about five seconds long, and we really only see her silhouette. Sure, she had a chillingly morose "he's upstairs" in the way of actual dialogue, but really *anything* that actually built a character would be better than that.

Comment

I like this Sara better than the movie too. Granted we don't see much of Sara in the movie, but her husband is upstairs about to blow his brains out and she's standing at the kitchen sink smoking. She is very distant and disconnected. I'm not saying that it isn't a valid character choice considering the situation, but I can't picture the Sara in the TV show doing that. I see her as more of yelling and tears woman.

But to be honest I don't really like the TV show Sara either. I think it might be the actress. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but she annoys me. There's just a lot of whininess and over emoting.

She and Sam do have some superficial similarities:

Comment

Working...
                                X