No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and not many people get to call her Samantha, only Jack and Jacob i think have only ever used it in a non formal way
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      The problem is, the picture of Daniel in that very same tux when Sam is on Atlantis suggests that an actual wedding did take place (some plot and props oversight maybe?). But you're right about Vala being there too soon. So maybe the truth is somewhere in between.
      Indeed.

I like to think an actual wedding DID take place...just not exactly like the imagined, over-the-top kind we saw in 200.
      Since the picture of Daniel is just of him and not the background, I reconcile it this way in my own head.

I do think it's funny that the props masters let that pic slip in -you would think that if they simply needed a pic of Daniel, there were millions to choose from...why *this* picture? Perhaps somebody wanted to impy ship? mmmmm?
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Sam: Uh, sir?
        Jack: Yeah?
        Sam: (uncomfortably) About my earlier behavior…I wasn’t myself, and--
        Jack: Oh, Carter, I don’t even *remember* your earlier behavior.
        Sam: You don’t?
        Jack: No, I was infected too, remember?
        Sam: (relieved) Right! Good, I’m – I’m glad.

Here's a question:

Do you think SAM remembers her earlier behavior??

EDIT: (or do you think Janet informed her of her earlier behavior?)
        Last edited by SaraBahama; 19 September 2012, 08:05 PM.
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          Indeed.

I like to think an actual wedding DID take place...just not exactly like the imagined, over-the-top kind we saw in 200.
          Since the picture of Daniel is just of him and not the background, I reconcile it this way in my own head.

I do think it's funny that the props masters let that pic slip in -you would think that if they simply needed a pic of Daniel, there were millions to choose from...why *this* picture? Perhaps somebody wanted to impy ship? mmmmm?
          Maybe they'd gotten lazy! And pulled out the first picture of him they could think of, and thought it was good to encourage rabid shipper behaviour anyway.

A more realistic wedding be: Daniel as best man (where's Teal'c?), Sam and Jack, no Vala as bridesmaid, and no beaming and Asgard anywhere. Private location. Would the entire crew of the SGC be invited? I can't see that happening.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Here's a question:

oh yea!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I've decided I'm going to start giving all of the episodes a duel rating on the following scale:

0: Horrifying
              1: Dreadful
              2: Tedious
              3: Boring
              4: Sub Par
              5: Average
              6: Solid
              7: Exceptional
              8: Dazzling
              9: Inspiring
              10: Sublime

The first number will be for the episode as a whole and the second number for the quality of the shippyness.

So I'll play catch up on the first three eps:

Children of the Gods: 7/6

The Enemy Within: 3/1

Emancipation: 5/6

What are your ratings?
              Last edited by hlndncr; 19 September 2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Here's a question:

I think they both remembered their feelings and actions
                sigpic

Comment

my ratings

children of the gods 7/5

The enemy within 4/2 (only for the briefing room touch)

Emancipation 5/6

Broca Divide 7/9
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by SaraBahama

Here's a question:

I think Sam definitely remembers her earlier behavior or she wouldn't have tried to apologize for it. If she didn't remember, then there's no reason for her to apologize. I think it's possible she and Janet talked about the situation, but I think she remembered enough of it on her own that she didn't need Janet to fill in the blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      I've decided I'm going to start giving all of the episodes a duel rating on the following scale:

2: Teadious

The first number will be for the episode as a whole and the second number for the quality of the shippyness.

What are your ratings?
                      hmmm....

Children of the Gods: 7/8 I have to give them an 8 because Jack was Dazzled by Sam when she walked into the briefing room for the very first time!!

The Enemy Within: 3/2 Sad lol I reviewed this episode X:

Emancipation: 6/7

The Broca Divide: 7/9
                      sigpic

Comment

i remember Martin Wood saying that 200 isn't even considered canon.

Comment

2: Tedious

What are your ratings?
                          I agree with the ratings, for the most part, but I think, personally, that "tedious" and "boring" should switch places on the scale.

I say this because in my mind, "boring" is an episode that is just plain blah. No significant redeeming value whatsoever. A throw-away episode.

In contrast, "tedious" is The Enemy Within in a nutshell. On any other day it might be considered boring, but it serves the integral purpose of providing us with important information that will influence the show in its entirety. It sets up how becoming a host is a death sentence, how Teal'c proves himself to be trustworthy (to the rest of the SGC-- SG-1 already knows how honorable he is), and how Kawalsky bites it, thereby making his later appearances all the more poignant.

The Enemy Within is an episode that is boring, but is also one I still consider a must-watch, with information that is important to get through. So, "tedious".

And in general, I would rate a tedious episode higher than a boring one.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            I agree with the ratings, for the most part, but I think, personally, that "tedious" and "boring" should switch places on the scale.

I say this because in my mind, "boring" is an episode that is just plain blah. No significant redeeming value whatsoever. A throw-away episode.

In contrast, "tedious" is The Enemy Within in a nutshell. On any other day it might be considered boring, but it serves the integral purpose of providing us with important information that will influence the show in its entirety. It sets up how becoming a host is a death sentence, how Teal'c proves himself to be trustworthy (to the rest of the SGC-- SG-1 already knows how honorable he is), and how Kawalsky bites it, thereby making his later appearances all the more poignant.

The Enemy Within is an episode that is boring, but is also one I still consider a must-watch, with information that is important to get through. So, "tedious".

And in general, I would rate a tedious episode higher than a boring one.
                            Always the contrarian!

All ratings scales are arbitrary and many of the descriptions are essentially synonyms so the degree of difference between them is arbitrary too. Don't think about it too much.

But if you insist here is a description of the difference between boring and tedious:

3 Boring: At this point, it’s getting irritating to watch. I will turn the TV off! There’s just no point to watching this episode. This shouldn’t be tolerated. How can this even get past the script stage? Someone needs to be fired.

2 Tedious: I don’t want to watch this episode again. Please don’t make me. Even if it has something that’s arc-important. I’d rather just catch that part on YouTube. Bad episodes like this hurt my brain.

Comment

I have to agree with hlndncr about the placement of boring and tedious on the scale (although not necessarily with her descriptions); tedious trumps boring in that it is also tiring/exhausting to watch/endure.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Always the contrarian!

All ratings scales are arbitrary and many of the descriptions are essentially synonyms so the degree of difference between them is arbitrary too. Don't think about it too much.

<snip>
                                Don't think too much? Really?? You know this fangirl's brain does not operate like that!

But I do respect your ratings. Just wanted to share my interpretations for the sake of semantics.

I hope there aren't many episodes where we would be forced to waffle between tedious and boring anyway. Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                                X