No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Sara. Very well thought out and expressed.

Comment

CARTER: What a relief. I have never been so happy to see you guys.
      O'NEILL: Oh, sure you have! Remember that time on P3X-595?
      O'NEILL: You drank that stuff that made you take off…
      CARTER: Ahem. We won't get into that now.

Has anyone written a *decent* fic about the mysterious P3X-595?
      I understand the implication being made, but it could be a good fic without resorting to smut falling over the edge of the abyss.

Pol -will YOU ever write a fic about that one??? *hint, hint*?
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Fic recs for Emancipation:

I can think of Annerb's Karma, a story which I like so much.

Did an Emancipation banner; loved Sam's looks in this episode. And I'm still ashamed to say that I don't know how to post it as a full-size one as you all do!
        Last edited by Ikorni; 15 September 2012, 07:26 AM.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
          Fic recs for Emancipation:

I can think of Annerb's Karma, a story which I like so much.
          This one is indeed quite amusing, a very original idea in my opinion.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Emancipation Fic Rec:

Campfire Stories Season One, Chapter 3 ~by polrobin
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Great review Sara, thanks so much for doing it xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Emancipation

General thoughts
                This was only the second time I have ever watched this episode and I must say I enjoyed it so much more this time round. The first time I saw it I didn't care for it so much, I guess as only the third episode in the show it almost seemed a little out of place on first watch. After the huge influence of the go'uld in both the movie and the show so far this episode was almost definately a filler, and not knowing the characters at that point a lot of the interactions washed over my head. However this time round I loved it as an episode so much more. I am coming to the conclusion that no one should watch stargate just once as there is so much more to see the second/third/fourth etc time around.

I loved the character development in this episode, especially Sam who really comes into her own after really not being shown in the best light in the previous episode. We see her as a strong, brave soldier, but also that she has a great deal of compassion, we are also reminded however that she is a beautiful woman. The scene with the dress just cracks me up, all three men of SG-1 stood there practically speechless and I think that has to qualify as my favorite scene

Sam/Jack

Still very 'uncomplicated' at this point, but I think Jack is certainly learning to appreciate the beauty of his 2IC. Sam is still very much trying to prove herself I think, although I don't think it is necessary in jacks eyes anymore, but I'm not sure Sam realizes that. I don't think Sam is falling for jack at this point but she is realising his support of her. I do love jacks protectiveness of Sam, even though I'm sure it is from a CO point of view rather than anything else, but his comments on the dress are great. I also loved at the beginning when Abu states she is a woman and jack comments with 'oh yeah' anyone else notice Jacks face at the end when they are saying how they will remember carter, Jacks face to me suggests he will remember her too, but in another way

Overall a good episode, defiantly improves from repeated watches and having knowledge of the characters prior to it, it almost would have been an episode better fit to later in the season I think

And anyone else want to know what happened on that planet?????
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                  And anyone else want to know what happened on that planet?????
                  I actually don't want to know; I love the mystery behind it and I usually avoid fics dealing with the mission because of it. It's such a throw away comment, yet very intriguing.

For those of you who also watch Sanctuary I was reminded of this line a couple of times when one of The Five (or even Adam) mentioned something from their shared past without elaborating. One that specifically comes to mind now is Nikola's remark about "Vienna in springtime, remember?" (with the "remember?" being adlibbed by the actor and thereby given it much more meaning) in Chimera.

Anyway, stuff like that makes me wonder if the line about Sam drinking something "on P3X-595 that made her take of..." was originally in the script like that or if the actors played with it a bit. I've heard RDA had a tendency to make changes to his script or just adlib in his scenes, but I'm not sure if he did it so early on already.
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                    I am coming to the conclusion that no one should watch stargate just once as there is so much more to see the second/third/fourth etc time around.
                    Definitely agree with this. I have seen the show so many times, but there's always something that catches your eye in an episode that never did before. I'm loving this rewatch for that reason

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    Has anyone written a *decent* fic about the mysterious P3X-595?
                    I understand the implication being made, but it could be a good fic without resorting to smut falling over the edge of the abyss.

Pol -will YOU ever write a fic about that one??? *hint, hint*?
                    I've been hoping for years to find the perfect fic to satisfy my curiosity about that planet, but sadly I've not come across it yet. There are so many out there, but none of them really 'work' for me.

I'm also hoping Pol can come to the rescue with this one

Great reviews so far guys, I'm hoping to get the episode watched in the next couple of days, been a LONG time since I saw this one and quite looking forward to it!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I actually don't want to know; I love the mystery behind it and I usually avoid fics dealing with the mission because of it. It's such a throw away comment, yet very intriguing.
                      One of the things I always loved about the line is the implication by TPTB that there have been other missions that we have not seen between 'The Enemy Within' and this ep. An infinite world of possibilities spark in my head.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

One of the things I always loved about the line is the implication by TPTB that there have been other missions that we have not seen between 'The Enemy Within' and this ep. An infinite world of possibilities spark in my head.
                        I'm guessing that they go through the gate several times a week and given that each season has only 22 episodes, there's definitely more that than meets the eye.
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I'm guessing that they go through the gate several times a week and given that each season has only 22 episodes, there's definitely more that than meets the eye.
                          In "The Fifth Race", when jack inputs all of the new gate address i noticed that there were about 30 plus gates by that point of time. 30 planets in over a year?

Comment

The only problem with that is what they said about the planetary shift program producing two or three new addresses a month (pilot), since in Politics it's said the first mission to Chulak (pilot) was on the tenth of February and the one to the Land of Light was in March... meaning those two planets Jack and Kawalsky were 'arguing' over in The Enemy Within, plus LoL and the Mongol planet makes four already. So that makes you wonder how it's possible for them to have also visited P3X-595 in the same time, without the adjustments made to the dialing computer. Not to mention that SG-2 and SG-3 clearly also existed alongside SG-1 and it didn't look like the LoL was the Marine's first mission either (and it's possible SG-4 to SG-9 were already being recruited then as well).
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              The only problem with that is what they said about the planetary shift program producing two or three new addresses a month (pilot), since in Politics it's said the first mission to Chulak (pilot) was on the tenth of February and the one to the Land of Light was in March... meaning those two planets Jack and Kawalsky were 'arguing' over in The Enemy Within, plus LoL and the Mongol planet makes four already. So that makes you wonder how it's possible for them to have also visited P3X-595 in the same time, without the adjustments made to the dialing computer. Not to mention that SG-2 and SG-3 clearly also existed alongside SG-1 and it didn't look like the LoL was the Marine's first mission either (and it's possible SG-4 to SG-9 were already being recruited then as well).
                              In the The Tokra (part II), Sam tells Jacob that she goes through the gate once or twice a week:

JACOB
                              You do that a lot?
                              CARTER
                              Yeah, once or twice a week.

But then again, this is season 2, so maybe they've got more addresses by then.
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Yes, but that's a year later and thus the program to do the calculations has probably already been improved (not that I understand why the program would be so slow in the first place, you'd imagine they could simply insert them in a standard formula once they know which star systems they have to look at) and they would have far more addresses, plus follow-up missions since I doubt SG-1 only does recon. And technically, they go through the gate at least twice during one mission unless they bring home a mothership or get returned to Earth via shuttles!
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X