Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Episodes for the upcoming week.

Monday - Resurrection
    Tuesday - Inauguration
    Wednesday - Lost City (Parts 1 and 2)
    Thursday - New Order Part 1
    Friday - New Order Part 2

i think with Season eight nine and ten (which have all twenty episodes instead of twenty two im going to do a 4 episode block on Fridays.
    I'm not sure I could stomach watching Seasons 9 and 10 in blocks! I'd probably end up having to bleach my eyeballs or gouge them out with a hot poker! I think I'll be interspersing Seasons 9 and 10 with ST:TNG as I have the complete boxed set to work through. I think Season 8 will be mixed in with SGU Season 1.
    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Watched Window of Opportunity and Watergate today!

I've seen Window of Opp so many times, but I still love it! Today I noticed a scene that may not be shippy to most, but it is when you are wearing rose-colored shippy glasses! In the teaser, when the electric bolts come flying from the Stargate and catches both Teal'c and Jack in it's path, Sam looks devastated as she yells, "Colonel!". Of course he is her CO so perhaps she would yell to him as opposed to Teal'c, but it's still shippy to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post

I've seen Window of Opp so many times, but I still love it! Today I noticed a scene that may not be shippy to most, but it is when you are wearing rose-colored shippy glasses! In the teaser, when the electric bolts come flying from the Stargate and catches both Teal'c and Jack in it's path, Sam looks devastated as she yells, "Colonel!". Of course he is her CO so perhaps she would yell to him as opposed to Teal'c, but it's still shippy to me!
        Great catch Lucy! I don't know that I ever noticed that before.

And it fits with Sam's pattern. Going all the way back to The Nox, when Jack is hit, Sam calls out to him. She also does it in Heroes. So this is one more call of distress to add to the list.

Comment

In Watergate, there were a couple scenes where they were standing closely, and communicating with their silent looks. First, when the 7th chevron wouldn't connect, they looked at each other and he gave a nod... silent communication at it's shippy best!

[Tried to upload screen-cap from GW, but the file was too big and I have no idea how to make it smaller.]

And later, when Jack tells the Russian scientist he's never been on the submarine, Sam and Jack share a look, his deadpan and hers smiling knowingly.

Comment

Comment

Nice observation, Lucy! I apparently wear the same prescription...

I discovered that not all the eps were on my Netflix rewatch last year: I've been rewatching on my DVD set I got for Christmas, and I had never seen 'Revisions' (S7, ep5) or 'Enemy Mine' (S7, ep7)...go figure. I was super-excited to watch new (to me) eps.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                Nice observation, Lucy! I apparently wear the same prescription...

I discovered that not all the eps were on my Netflix rewatch last year: I've been rewatching on my DVD set I got for Christmas, and I had never seen 'Revisions' (S7, ep5) or 'Enemy Mine' (S7, ep7)...go figure. I was super-excited to watch new (to me) eps.

I love it when that happens! Enjoy! and let us know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                  I love it when that happens! Enjoy! and let us know what you think.
                  'Revisions' was not super shippy, but with my prescription, I saw a few nice moments (Sam coaxing Pallan to interfere with the link, trying to save Jack and Teal'c from the townspeople; early on, her watching him interact with Nevin). As in previous eps, he displays confidence in her abilities and trusts her. I may have to rewatch it again to pick up on more subtle cues.

Unrelated to shippiness: I love Jack's "Hello...Nevin!" (parody of Seinfeld's "Hello, Newman!"). It was pretty creepy during the time people were disappearing and not knowing why, and the reveal was so sad...people that the link commanded to go to their death and those left behind being stripped of their memory of them.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

'Revisions' was not super shippy, but with my prescription, I saw a few nice moments (Sam coaxing Pallan to interfere with the link, trying to save Jack and Teal'c from the townspeople; early on, her watching him interact with Nevin). As in previous eps, he displays confidence in her abilities and trusts her. I may have to rewatch it again to pick up on more subtle cues.

Unrelated to shippiness: I love Jack's "Hello...Nevin!" (parody of Seinfeld's "Hello, Newman!"). It was pretty creepy during the time people were disappearing and not knowing why, and the reveal was so sad...people that the link commanded to go to their death and those left behind being stripped of their memory of them.
                    Having the right prescription is always important

I've always felt that revisions was a good showcase of all of their individual team skills (okay, so teal'c not so much...). It is a solid ep. However, everytime I watch it I have to get over the fact that it was filmed in a location called "Fantasy Gardens", which was a place I used to go to as a child for a daytrip. Unfortuantely they just tore it down to build more townhomes.

Comment

Watched Scorched Earth today!

Jack is in full CO mode in this one. He makes the decision to try to save the people they moved to the planet. This causes tension between him and Daniel and Sam. It's clear that Sam doesn't disagree, but she does not like the idea of making the bomb. When he says, "Do I have to make it an order?" She answers with "Yes, sir" And, at first, it seems like she is saying Yes, you need to order me, but they have great looks between them and I think she is just agreeing to help him achieve this even if she is doubtful of the decision.

After she creates the bomb there is a wonderful tension-filled scene with them standing very close to each other. He says, "You want to talk me out of this" very matter-of-factly, evidence (I think) that Carter has talked him out of decisions before. She replies with a very strong "Yes, sir I do!" and there are more great looks... but Jack does not back down.

He also orders the death of his best friend when he tells Carter to detonate the bomb, another decision that must weight heavily on him, even if it didn't result in Daniel's death. Very similar to what he must do with Carter a few episodes later. Too bad they didn't explore this more on the show.

Comment

Just the watched the Castle panel from this year's PaleyFest and Castle creator Andrew Marlowe said he does not believe in waiting for a show to be over for a couple to get together and for them to explore the new relationship onscreen.

I know one of the major factors in not getting confirmation (apart from the PTB) was Rick (and to some degree Amanda -I think) not wanting for the characters to break the regs and dishonoring the hard working men and women in the military.

I wonder if Marlowe had been one of SG-1's show runners could he have worked to somehow get our confirmation, most likely post S8.

Just a what if from me. Fanfic scratches most of my shippy needs.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Watched Scorched Earth today!

Jack is in full CO mode in this one. He makes the decision to try to save the people they moved to the planet. This causes tension between him and Daniel and Sam. It's clear that Sam doesn't disagree, but she does not like the idea of making the bomb. When he says, "Do I have to make it an order?" She answers with "Yes, sir" And, at first, it seems like she is saying Yes, you need to order me, but they have great looks between them and I think she is just agreeing to help him achieve this even if she is doubtful of the decision.

After she creates the bomb there is a wonderful tension-filled scene with them standing very close to each other. He says, "You want to talk me out of this" very matter-of-factly, evidence (I think) that Carter has talked him out of decisions before. She replies with a very strong "Yes, sir I do!" and there are more great looks... but Jack does not back down.

He also orders the death of his best friend when he tells Carter to detonate the bomb, another decision that must weight heavily on him, even if it didn't result in Daniel's death. Very similar to what he must do with Carter a few episodes later. Too bad they didn't explore this more on the show.
                          Even though the subject is difficult - which race to save - I do agree with Jack on saving those present and living, and who have been living and are not cells in what amounts to test tubes on a ship. I do think it would be sad if the Gadmeer couldn't be saved, but I'm still agreeing with Jack.

Regarding the scene with how close Sam and Jack are standing, facing each other, that's talked about on the commentary. Martin Wood says something about how "intimate" they appear to be with each other because they are standing so close (in each other's personal space) to each other and not a few feet apart.

Comment

I rewatched 'The Lost City' the other day (yes...I'm behind the schedule!) and really relished the scene of Jack and Sam sitting in his living room.

It is a quintessential non-talk: the air is thick with tension, but Jack's expression is one of casual indifference (you can see that is a carefully cultivated expression -there is so much going on in his eyes in that scene).

: I should have done it.
                            : What? Stick your head in that thing?
                            : *nods*
                            : Are you nuts? Carter, you're one of this country's natural resources, if not national treasures. It couldn't have gone down any other way.
                            : I just…hope it's worth it.
                            : Even if we do find the Lost City, even if we get there and find exactly what we're looking for to defend the planet—
                            : That…would be worth it.
                            : *shakes her head in apparent disagreement*

Love it!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I rewatched 'The Lost City' the other day (yes...I'm behind the schedule!) and really relished the scene of Jack and Sam sitting in his living room.

It is a quintessential non-talk: the air is thick with tension, but Jack's expression is one of casual indifference (you can see that is a carefully cultivated expression -there is so much going on in his eyes in that scene).

: I should have done it.
                              : What? Stick your head in that thing?
                              : *nods*
                              : Are you nuts? Carter, you're one of this country's natural resources, if not national treasures. It couldn't have gone down any other way.
                              : I just…hope it's worth it.
                              : Even if we do find the Lost City, even if we get there and find exactly what we're looking for to defend the planet—
                              : That…would be worth it.
                              : *shakes her head in apparent disagreement*

Love it!
                              And her appearing at his front door starts off so awkward. I so love how it just sways into how well they know each other despite this beginning awkwardness. Lost City is one of my faves. Especially when Sam tries to snap Jack out of his state after he uses the cahir, calling him Jack... *sigh*
                              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                                Especially when Sam tries to snap Jack out of his state after he uses the cahir, calling him Jack... *sigh*
                                Welcome! *waves*

I know! The desperation: "Don't you dare leave us now...we won!" And the sound of her voice when she begs with that "please...Jack!"

guh!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X