Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
    I like the bit in the briefing room later, when he looks over at her and touches her to check she's ok.
    This one? http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Stuff/new.gif (Attention 2.4Mb image!!!) Give it some time to load, it is full 24FPS gif, should run as a video file.

He says to her something and she I think giggles a bit
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, thank you, that's the one. I think it's really sweet and even though it's well preship, it shows Jack's concern for his team mates and is a really nice moment.
      Last edited by Kunoichi; 03 August 2011, 06:42 AM.
      The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Yes, I thought as well it was sweet of him.
        Overall, I never met RDA in person and never seen any footage of him outside of the show(not mentioning couple of MacGyver episodes seen in deep childhood), but I imagine him as being extremely down to earth person. I have seen all those nice pictures of him outside the show and kept an eye on him during the show and he does strike me as a very generous nice guy. Simple would be the word I guess.
        sigpic

Comment

It has been discussed elsewhere that it was actually RDA personally checking on Amanda after her concussion in the elevator in the scene with Kawalski, rather than Jack checking on Sam, and it was left in the episode.

Amanda had actually been knocked unconscious in that scene and had to be taken to the hospital to make sure she was okay. And this scene was filmed more or less right after that incident when AT was back at work.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            It has been discussed elsewhere that it was actually RDA personally checking on Amanda after her concussion in the elevator in the scene with Kawalski, rather than Jack checking on Sam, and it was left in the episode.

Amanda had actually been knocked unconscious in that scene and had to be taken to the hospital to make sure she was okay. And this scene was filmed more or less right after that incident when AT was back at work.
            Well it fit very nicely into the scene
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
              Well it fit very nicely into the scene
              Yes. It did. Also a precursor to all the times O'Neill is at the bedside of an injured teammate.

Comment

Is it bad to say that I'd rather have seen him IN bed with an UNINJURED female teammate?

wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Is it bad to say that I'd rather have seen him IN bed with an UNINJURED female teammate?

wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

Well ... I wasn't going to go that direction. However, I find I must agree with that sentiment.

Comment

I always wondered if that was the case. The way he did it struck me as a bit more RDA than Jack (if that makes sense). Thank you for confirming it, unfortunately I can't green you at the moment - but I'll owe you one!

wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

Oh, if only!
                    Last edited by Kunoichi; 03 August 2011, 09:01 AM. Reason: To add the 'thank you'
                    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

I never knew that! Is there more info on this accident? WOW -talk about getting into your acting!!

And it does fit sweetly into the ep...kind of like the fact that AT said in an interview that she was actually crying right before the "ALWAYS" scene in 'Threads' because of it being Carmen (the actor that played Jacob)...the last time he would be on the show...and RDA caught her crying when they were prepping for that scene in the observation room, and he said "Are you crying?...I hate it when you cry." so cute...

wink-wink-nudge-nudge.
                      heehee...I would've expected that out of Trinity or Sal...
                      ...but I have to admit...*sigh*
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        I never knew that! Is there more info on this accident? WOW -talk about getting into your acting!!
                        There were interviews from back when The Enemy Within was filmed, and I believe Amanda has spoken about it at some of the cons over the years. Apparently Jay Acovone threw her against the wall way too hard in that scene and she got knocked unconscious when she hit the wall, but they didn't realize it right away. I seem to recall her saying that nearly every time Jay saw her for a long time after that, he apologized profusely for doing that to her.

I don't save interviews or magazine articles or the such, or I could probably provide a link to one of them. Maybe there's something on Amanda's website about it.

Comment

There were interviews from back when The Enemy Within was filmed, and I believe Amanda has spoken about it at some of the cons over the years. Apparently Jay Acovone threw her against the wall way too hard in that scene and she got knocked unconscious when she hit the wall, but they didn't realize it right away. I seem to recall her saying that nearly every time Jay saw her for a long time after that, he apologized profusely for doing that to her.
                          I don't save interviews or magazine articles or the such, or I could probably provide a link to one of them. Maybe there's something on Amanda's website about it.
                          If I was Jay I would feel REALLY bad, too. That is incredible. Thanks for that tidbit, hedwig!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I found this from AT's website. It's part of an interview with a bunch of people from the cast:

Scott Ateah: I coordinate all the stunts, all the action on the show, all of fights, all of falls, all of fires.
                            Amanda is amazing. This girl does her own stunts. Pretty well. We have a stunt girl the covers for her occasionally and she's only had one concussion, whereas our stunt girl has had (counting)...

Amanda Tapping: I got my concussion during the second episode of the 1st season called "The Enemy Within" where Major Kowalsky throws me against the back of the elevator.
                            Clip from "The Enemy Within"
                            Sam: You know they won't let you outta this mountain alive. When those doors open, they'll shoot on sight, you know that!
                            Amanda Tapping: And so they had a shot of my face, so I couldn't use a stunt double and I smacked my head against back of the elevator and dropped down, so when you actually see Carter drop down to the corner of the elevator slumped into a pathetic little heap, that was really Amanda slumped into a pathetic little heap.
                            It was the only one I could find at the moment, but I'm sure there are more around somewhere.

Comment

Amanda has said that when Jay threw her against the wall, she 'helped' by flinging herself backwards. The combination of both of them was too much, hence her banging her head.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                                Amanda has said that when Jay threw her against the wall, she 'helped' by flinging herself backwards. The combination of both of them was too much, hence her banging her head.
                                Lesson for future stunts - Do.Not.Help!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X