Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by josiane

(Summary from Stargate Wiki)

When SG-1 discovers, to their horror, that Daniel Jackson has been transformed into an Ori Prior, they quickly seize him and confine him aboard the Odyssey. They expect to confront a brainwashed and dangerous prisoner, but instead, Daniel is relieved. He claims that since his disappearance, he has only been pretending to obey his captor Adria — finishing the sangraal weapon and becoming a Prior on her orders — until he could allow himself to be captured by SG-1. Better yet, he has a plan, but he needs his teammates' help. If SG-1 will shut down the wormhole that permanently blocks the Ori's supergate — the only bridge from their galaxy to the Milky Way — then he will use his Prior powers to steal an Ori ship, fly the sangraal into the Ori galaxy, and unleash it against the Ori.

If Daniel is telling the truth, then SG-1 can strike a fatal blow against the Ori. But if Daniel is brainwashed or lying, then his plan will allow the Ori to send more crusaders through the supergate to strike an equally fatal blow against the Milky Way.

Along with SG-1, Jack O'Neill himself meets with Daniel to determine if he's telling the truth. Over time, Daniel's heartfelt words persuade his friends that he's really himself — and that his radical plan just might work. The International Oversight Advisory, however, doesn't dare trust Daniel. In fact, they believe he's so dangerous that he should be executed.

As a middle ground, O'Neill urges Daniel to give SG-1 all the intel they need to carry out his plan while he remains a prisoner. Daniel fears that they can't succeed without his Prior powers to help. Still, he cooperates, and his information is good: Mitchell, Carter, Vala and Teal'c take over the Ori ship and fly it to the supergate. But when they arrive, Adria is waiting. With her amazing powers, she easily captures SG-1. Meanwhile, aboard the Odyssey, Daniel suddenly deploys his Prior powers in a blur of action, freeing himself and beaming up Jack O'Neill. Then he steers the ship straight for the supergate.

Daniel swears that he's only trying to help his team, but SG-1 can't help wondering if he planned to rendezvous with Adria all along. The fate of two galaxies now hangs on one question: Has Daniel courageously resisted Adria's vastly superior power, or has he tragically succumbed?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      The Return

So these episodes in my mind wrap around the events in The Quest. We have Jack visiting the SGC for the first test of the intergalactic bridge. (And I have to say that it is something I would generally expect Sam to be there for, since it is partly her doing.)

When does Jack return relative to SG1? There is clearly a time jump at the end of the Quest from when they leave the planet and the team is standing around Daniel’s office trying to figure out how to get him back. They are all too calm for word not to have come back to them that Jack is safe and Atlantis is back in our hands.

I think when SG1 returns Jack may still be in Atlantis, but the SGC has received word of what happened. So Sam comes back from loosing Daniel again to find out that Jack almost died (by his own order). They begin searching for Daniel and reassure Vala. Then, a short time later, Jack returns to earth to give Sam some much needed reassurance.
      hlndncr -may I use some of your notes/ideas here on a plot bunny that is sitting on my chest, begging for attention?? Do you mind?
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

My thoughts on LitS.
        They get into this mess because the IOA is making decisions they aren’t qualified to make like pushing for a large-scale test of the Mantle device before Sam says it’s ready. I have to believe Jack has listened to her POV and recommendations and is pulling for her. I can just imagine how scathing he must have been with the committee after the whole debacle with Sam almost dying.
        Sam & Jack
        Obviously the password is a big hint they are together. Yes, I’m a little miffed when she mentions the letters and doesn’t say anything about Jack, but it seems appropriate she would single out Cassie. After all Sam would be the third mother she’s lost in war. No wonder Sam was concerned about her.
        I think when Sam was brought back Jack would definitely be there. And they would spend some time together, probably with Cassie too, as she recovered. At the end Sam mentions that it’s going to be at least a few weeks before she’s back to work and some time (I’d say at least a couple of weeks) would have gone by before that final scene of Cam’s visit.
        All wonderful points! wouldn't you have liked to have been a fly on the wall of that committee meeting "we almost got the General's wife/significant other killed! he's ticked."

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        Don't forget the bit where Cam brings Sam coffee but tells her they packed decaf instead of regular. Sam's response is... "D'oh!".
        Now...I suppose one could attribute that to 7 years of working in the field and 8 years of being at the SGC together, but I just find it odd that she never said it during those 8 years. Only now....
        I laugh at that EVERY TIME. and it is interesting that she only picked this up AFTER 'Threads' (oh...and she did say 'ya think' in 'Threads' in response to Kerry's 'this is awkward').

Ummm...Astra -where did you get that signature banner? It's BEAUTIFUL! I would love a copy of that middle picture of s/j!

(Summary from Stargate Wiki)

When SG-1 discovers, to their horror, that Daniel Jackson has been transformed into an Ori Prior, they quickly seize him and confine him aboard the Odyssey. They expect to confront a brainwashed and dangerous prisoner, but instead, Daniel is relieved. He claims that since his disappearance, he has only been pretending to obey his captor Adria ...
        The scene with Jack & Daniel arguing is classic! "Oh...I forgot: MERLIN!" It reminded me of so many previous exchanges by the two of them, that for a brief moment, if I closed my eyes, it was like things had never changed...
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          Ummm...Astra -where did you get that signature banner? It's BEAUTIFUL! I would love a copy of that middle picture of s/j!
          That's a behind the scenes photo from Continuum.

Comment

hlndncr -may I use some of your notes/ideas here on a plot bunny that is sitting on my chest, begging for attention?? Do you mind?
            Go for it!

I look forward to reading the story.

The pic from APA's sig is a bts photo from Continuum you can get on the MGM site. Here's a cropped version from my PB album:

Here's the cleaned up/extended version by Mala:

You've probably seen a lot of her work around the S/J thread. She's brilliant. I suggest you check out her forum thread Mala's World and her website. She has lots of brilliant S/J manips and art. (Do make sure you get Mala's permission if you want to use anything.)
            Last edited by hlndncr; 09 June 2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              That's a behind the scenes photo from Continuum.
              Thanks hedwig -my hero!
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Go for it!
                I look forward to reading the story.
                The pic from APA's sig is a bts photo from Continuum you can get on the MGM site. Here's a cropped version from my PB album:
                Thanks for the permission! Darned plot bunny is angry because there was not a strong enough reaction to Ba'al in the Quest, so it's making me write (with flashback to the Abyss). I hope the end result is as good as the bunny claims...

I saved the pic to my hard drive. I really love the cleaned up version. This is how the two of them live in my head. ya know??
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

What Hedwig and hlndncr said...because, tbh, I'd forgotten where it came from (although I did clean my own version...otherwise I'd have credited the very talented Mala... ). And I don't normally use bts photos, because they're of the actors, not the characters...but this was one exception because it really was just so...Sam and Jack.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                    What Hedwig and hlndncr said...because, tbh, I'd forgotten where it came from (although I did clean my own version...otherwise I'd have credited the very talented Mala... ). And I don't normally use bts photos, because they're of the actors, not the characters...but this was one exception because it really was just so...Sam and Jack.
                    Yes -thank you so much! I agree with you on this particular photo also (that it is SO Sam & Jack). The other one is (forgive if the link does not work -I'm still learning):

Even with AT with dark hair, the expression on their faces and the body language is so perfect.

Astra -I saved the picture to my hard drive...any link for the banner?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Even with AT with dark hair, the expression on their faces and the body language is so perfect.

Drat! Let me try again...
                      Picture of Sam and Jack
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

My fellow shippers, I would like to bring an issue to your attention that may be of interest to you as members of the Sam/Jack Ship family. As you know, we have a whole family of threads on the GateWorld Forum that support the Sam/Jack Ship and provide a friendly and welcoming place for S/J shippers to enjoy. (There are also some unrelated but ship friendly threads such as Mala’s World, and shipper spin-offs like the WooHoos.)

Some of the most active S/J threads include:

Sam Carter/Jack O’Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Sam Carter/Jack O’Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Sam and Jack shipper lounge

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

It is this last thread that brings me to you today. There has been proposal on the S/J artwork thread that it become disassociated from the ship by dropping the “Sam/Jack ship family” from the thread’s name.

I believe all S/J shippers, whether you create fan art or not, should be involved in this decision.

Some of the reasons that have been put forward in favor of the change are:

1) All artwork has always been welcome on the thread and the name may discourage non-shippers from participating

2) S/J art is now in a minority on the thread as former S/J shippers have moved on to other interests

3) The thread has not been as active of late and the change in name may revitalize the thread

The arguments against the change are:

1) There is already a general artwork thread that offers many of the same things without the S/J focus, making a second general thread redundant and unnecessary.

2) Eliminating the S/J disassociates the thread from the ship and sends a message that the S/J ship is no longer supported.

3) Changing the name ignores the history and origin of the thread. It came into existence because of Sam/Jack and that is what makes it original and different.

4) S/J art is not prevalent on other threads because it may not be kindly received. As a part of the ship family of threads a specific S/J artwork thread is a place that S/J shippers know they will receive a ship friendly welcome. This can be particularly important to newer shippers who may already feel uncomfortable and intimidated by a general forum.

5) A name change would not significantly increase activity on the thread, but does, however, have the potential of alienating a core audience, namely the S/J shippers.

I am strongly opposed to the name change and feel that as S/J shippers we should support the S/J art thread in its current format and name. Regardless of your position, I would encourage all shippers to share your opinion on this issue and participate in the discussion.

Moreover, I implore all shippers to visit the art thread frequently and offer your contributions.

For those who are making fan art, please post your creations there. For those who are interested in learning to make art, ask questions and seek advice. (We can also help with questions about posting and sharing art on the forum.)

For those interested in viewing more S/J art, make suggestions for S/J related challenges. Request signatures, avatars, wallpapers, etc. with S/J themes.

In all cases come and offer encouragement and praise of all the artists on the thread for all of the beautiful creations presented.

Thanks shippers for all your kindness and support of one another and the OTP that is Sam & Jack!

And never forget + = 4∞

Comment

Just to correct you, hlndncr, the Woohoo thread is not a spin off of the shipper thread; it just happened to be started by someone who was a shipper and who used to be an occasional poster on the (at the time) S/J Family thread, but it's made up of a much more diverse group of people who all came together in appreciation of the awesome talents of Martin Wood.The fact that he directs the best ever shippy episodes is probably why so many woohoos are also shippers.

And I need to say, I really think the name change on the artwork thread is something that really should be confined to that thread, particularly as it's an emotive subject which does not need to spill over into other threads. If people normally go there, they will read it and are free to contribute without needing to be prompted, IMO.

Hello APA! Long time no see.

Thoughts on The Road Not Taken (sorry I am about 8 months behind on these discussions and slow forums is not helping me find time to post much these days. )
                          I was disapointed with the story of Sam in the AU. I don't mind that she married Mckay in it, but I did think it was a missed opportunity to have Jack there-but-not-there. They could have had one 30 second shot of her over a computer screen, looking him up, finding out he was deceased a long time ago so they never even got it together there... I dunno. I would have been totally in keeping with the S9/10 ambiguity and very sad but made sense. She checked up on everyone else, after all! I think they did redress that "partner dead in AU" angst in Continuum though so it's forgiven. And Sam (or really AT I guess) looked hot in her civvies for a change so I'll forgive it for that.

Thoughts on The Shrould
                          So together... yes, that's all. Shallow I know but it's what I thought when I first saw it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Cags it's nice to see you in here again. I do appreciate your opinions and input.

I felt the S/J community would be interested in want to be informed about what was going on with an S/J related thread. Whether you agree with that or not, one of the mods has confirmed to me that the post is not out of bounds or inappropriate.

As for the spin-off thing, it's a matter of definition. I accept that you disagree, but I stand by my statement.

I'll post my thoughts on the last couple of episodes and the summary for Bounty shortly. Sorry I'm a little behind schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Thoughts on The Road Not Taken (sorry I am about 8 months behind on these discussions and slow forums is not helping me find time to post much these days. )
                              I was disapointed with the story of Sam in the AU. I don't mind that she married Mckay in it, but I did think it was a missed opportunity to have Jack there-but-not-there. They could have had one 30 second shot of her over a computer screen, looking him up, finding out he was deceased a long time ago so they never even got it together there... I dunno. I would have been totally in keeping with the S9/10 ambiguity and very sad but made sense. She checked up on everyone else, after all! I think they did redress that "partner dead in AU" angst in Continuum though so it's forgiven. And Sam (or really AT I guess) looked hot in her civvies for a change so I'll forgive it for that.

Thoughts on The Shrould
                              So together... yes, that's all. Shallow I know but it's what I thought when I first saw it.
                              Road not Taken
                              AGREED!! I was so upset that they didn't even mention Jack in the AU world. Surely she would have asked about him, even if they aren't a couple (though, they are!)

Shroud
                              The way they stood shoulder to shoulder in that scene... SO MARRIED

Comment

I think that's one of the hugest reasons that i don't watch much of these seasons. The total lack of Jack. I don't know about anyone else, but I still talk about people that I worked with years ago--they're on my FB page, and I email them funny things that I get forwarded, etc. It's not like the people cease to exist because they don't happen to be there anymore. I hate that Jack isn't ever mentioned. He WOULD be talked about in real life, simply because he was (and we know STILL IS) such an integral part of their lives.

GRRRRRRR.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X