Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siles View Post
    "200" - Oh, I remember how I waited with baited breath Jack's return; we would have gotten our first glimpse of Sam/Jack together post S8
    I would have been a great opportunity to confirm the ship, but the PTB let us down. Even though there was a wedding scenario, it was obviously just that... besides, I don't think they would have Thor officiate... that was just too over the top!

Also, think the whole puppet scene took way to long... it was cute at first, but then it went on and on... as did the Wormhole Xtreme stuff... I would have much rather seen Walter off world that that whole ending scene.

I enjoyed the Farscape parody and all the stuff with Jack. I loved seeing the original SG-1 walk up the ramp side-by-side to enter the glowing wormhole... Jack pulling out his cap and putting it on, just like old times. It made me nostalgic and a bit teary-eyed. I was so happy to see them together like that again, for one last time, one last mission.

Comment

For me Sam/Jack together after "Threads" only work in they've got married between S8 and S9 so that the pesky regs wouldn't apply no matter what their future positions might be in AF. Sadly, here's not a single shred of evidence they're married...
      This is probably the reason we would never have gotten iron-clad confirmation on S/J; most shippers seem to be satisfied with ambiguous "confirmation" and I probably would have been if not for
      1. Sam/Martouf almost kiss in Ripple Effect
      2. Sam/Teal'c in Unending - Sam never mentions Jack (I think she would have mentioned her husband and I don't think Teal'c would have betrayed Jack had Sam and Jack been an item)
      3. Sam/Cam more than friendly interaction especially in Ark or Truth with cookies and kiss
      4. Line in the Sand - Sam needs to tell Cam her password - seriously? doesn't her husband know her password? My SO knows password for all my gadgets and we've been together less than a year...

All in all yes I do think Sam and Jack had a serious talk about their feelings and decided to wait until one of them retires.
      And for people who don't think Sam's in Jack's chain of command watch their scenes together in SGU - it's been perfectly clear 304 commanders answer to Jack - look at The Return on SGA - Caldwell answers to Jack/ Weir answers to Jack and the IOA.
      I've been married for 33 years I do all the finances, his, mine and ours and my husband doesn't know any passwords and doesn't care. I keep telling him I could be gone in a minute (either dead or in the Caymans) but he doesn't want to know.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        I've been married for 33 years I do all the finances, his, mine and ours and my husband doesn't know any passwords and doesn't care. I keep telling him I could be gone in a minute (either dead or in the Caymans) but he doesn't want to know.
        Actually, I can see Sam trying to tell Jack about the letters and her password and him responding by putting his hands over his ears and saying he doesn't want to know. Since he would rather die than lose her (I firmly believe that is still true) I can imagine he would not want to even think that she might be gone and he'd have to access such a file.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Actually, I can see Sam trying to tell Jack about the letters and her password and him responding by putting his hands over his ears and saying he doesn't want to know. Since he would rather die than lose her (I firmly believe that is still true) I can imagine he would not want to even think that she might be gone and he'd have to access such a file.
          Sound right to me.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally Posted by SaraBahama
            Martouf
            Ok. I don't dislike the guy *covers head for the expected lashing I know is coming*. He seems nice and sincere, and hey! he's lost his soulmate and Sam is the last place she was. I think he meant Sam no harm, but could not help himself because he was dealing with his loss. This idea may make him a tad selfish, but not evil. As to the almost-kiss in Ripple Effect... please note that Sam did NOT actually kiss him... and looked relieved. If she were unattached, there would be no reason to resist the temptation/curiosity.
            Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            Yay, someone else here who doesn't dislike Martouf!

I actually think Martouf's focus on Sam because of Jolinar's memories makes sense. As a Tok'ra, he (and Jolinar) have likely switched hosts in the decades they were together, so he's probably used to transferring his affections to the Jolinar's new hosts. Personally, aside from his initial push in the Tok'ra, I thought he showed great restraint regarding his feelings and didn't push Sam about them, in fact he usually seemed apologetic to me about how uncomfortable his relationship with Jolinar made Sam.
            This is the way I see Martouf as well. As much as I am a Sam/Jack shipper, I kind of feel sorry for him. Sam is his last link to Jolinar and I can understand him trying to keep hold of that link for as long as possible. Martouf is not one of my favourite characters, but I don't dislike him. I just think he's in a very difficult position and agree with the view that he showed a fair amount of restraint with Sam. He did have a few pushy moments, but he could have been a lot more demanding.
            The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

For me Sam/Jack together after "Threads" only work in they've got married between S8 and S9 so that the pesky regs wouldn't apply no matter what their future positions might be in AF. Sadly, here's not a single shred of evidence they're married...
              This is probably the reason we would never have gotten iron-clad confirmation on S/J; most shippers seem to be satisfied with ambiguous "confirmation" and I probably would have been if not for
              1. Sam/Martouf almost kiss in Ripple Effect
              2. Sam/Teal'c in Unending - Sam never mentions Jack (I think she would have mentioned her husband and I don't think Teal'c would have betrayed Jack had Sam and Jack been an item)
              3. Sam/Cam more than friendly interaction especially in Ark or Truth with cookies and kiss
              4. Line in the Sand - Sam needs to tell Cam her password - seriously? doesn't her husband know her password? My SO knows password for all my gadgets and we've been together less than a year...

All in all yes I do think Sam and Jack had a serious talk about their feelings and decided to wait until one of them retires.
              And for people who don't think Sam's in Jack's chain of command watch their scenes together in SGU - it's been perfectly clear 304 commanders answer to Jack - look at The Return on SGA - Caldwell answers to Jack/ Weir answers to Jack and the IOA.
              Umm...I just read the transcript, and I thought this was true, but wanted to confirm: Sam ONLY told Cam her password so that he could get the letters for 'people' out of her laptop. She wasn't thinking "oh...Jack'll get the letters out and send them" at that point. She was goal-oriented to the task at hand.

If I was dying in the field and my teammate was there, I would be telling them my password to hopefully insure my last communication was sent to my next of kin.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

So catching up once again.

Flesh and Blood

Generally, I liked the kick-off to S10 bar why the Ori head to Chulak (it just wasn't explained beyond Chulak being the base from which the Jaffa rebellion against the Goa'uld was mounted which huh???) and Mitchell's planting a transponder on Bra'tac by psychically knowing he would prefer to sacrifice himself. *rolls eyes* But beyond that, I had no problems with the season opener which did a lot to establish the team being a team, worrying and saving each other.

Sam and Jack

What I find quite interesting in Flesh and Blood is that it is Sam who becomes the prism through which the team is shown. Mitchell's heroism is shown in his rescuing her; she worries about Teal'c before they rescue him; she's the one to tell Emerson that they don't give up on Daniel. It's all very much her POV that's on show outside of the Vala/Orici arc.

Morpheus

Generally, I think this is a waste of a plot. Rather than focusing on how the characters feel about their impending death and looking at their emotions/thoughts, it just focuses on their trying to fix it. Same with the Vala sub-plot which is played for laughs rather than seriously focusing on why Vala would want to stay.

Sam and Jack Nothing. Nadda. Zippo - and this would have been a perfect opportunity to throw something in especially in a chat between Sam and Daniel as they worked on the problem.

The Pegasus Project

Generally, I agree with hlndncr that Brad does a superb job of balancing this episode and my only real complaint is that I would have preferred a team ending rather than simply Daniel/Vala on a balcony. I love the 'I am hanging loose, Colonel Mitchell' line Teal'c has.

Sam and Jack Nothing. Nadda. Zippo. Although this episode emphasises that Sam/McKay is really all a hallucination of Rodney's (Sam's disinterest is very evident).

Insiders

Generally, I hate this episode with a fiery passion and it is saved from having the designation 'worst ever episode' in my head only by the virtue of 'The Tomb' being the most incredibly boring episode.

It's not that I don't think Ba'al could fool the SGC, it's more that this episode has to make the SGC and all the characters (but particularly Sam) very stupid for his plan to work. This was such a badly written plot which sacrificed character for the aim of giving Ba'al the Camelot information. So bleh.

Sam and Jack

On the plus side, Sam tells Barrett that all they are is friends.

Uninvited

Generally, I don't mind Uninvited bar the inconsistency of Jack's cabin suddenly relocating to Colorado; it's a good romp and it's good to see Vala getting to interact with someone besides Daniel. (I love the scene between her and Sam in the office). I also do feel for Mitchell left alone with Landry at the cabin (the bird calling scene is just hilarious).

Sam and Jack

I do love how at home Sam looks in the cabin as though she's a regular visitor. I also like the sly 'king/queen/royal wedding' jibe in the poker game.

An old Sam/Jack TAG of mine to Uninvited: Fishing

Generally, I treat this whole thing as never actually happened in canon. They break the fourth wall enough to do so. So I enjoy it for what it is which is a series of sketches all filled up with in-jokes.

I do love 'invisible Jack' (maybe one of these days I'll get around to writing the fic about that in my wip folder) and I enjoy that actually the pairing that gets the most focus is Sam/Jack. I like the allusion that fishing=wedding.

An old Sam/Jack TAG of mine to '200': No Team Like SG1
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Flesh and Blood

Generally, I liked the kick-off to S10 bar why the Ori head to Chulak (it just wasn't explained beyond Chulak being the base from which the Jaffa rebellion against the Goa'uld was mounted which huh???) and Mitchell's planting a transponder on Bra'tac by psychically knowing he would prefer to sacrifice himself. *rolls eyes* But beyond that, I had no problems with the season opener which did a lot to establish the team being a team, worrying and saving each other.
                  It's because he read every single one of SG1's mission reports while he was laid up in the hospital, and he found them riveting, and he discovered many little things about SG1 and Bratac and everyone else that makes him seem like he's such a know-it-all.

The Pegasus Project

Sam and Jack Nothing. Nadda. Zippo. Although this episode emphasises that Sam/McKay is really all a hallucination of Rodney's (Sam's disinterest is very evident).
                  For me, Sam's non-interest in McKay has always been very clear.

Insiders

It's not that I don't think Ba'al could fool the SGC, it's more that this episode has to make the SGC and all the characters (but particularly Sam) very stupid for his plan to work. This was such a badly written plot which sacrificed character for the aim of giving Ba'al the Camelot information. So bleh.
                  It is very clear in this episode (as well as others) that General Landry is no General Hammond. In "The Fifth Man", practically the first thing General Hammond did when he found out the team had been compromised was to lock out their security codes and access to the base computers. That's the first thing Landry should have done in this episode, but he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Uninvited

Generally, I don't mind Uninvited bar the inconsistency of Jack's cabin suddenly relocating to Colorado; it's a good romp and it's good to see Vala getting to interact with someone besides Daniel. (I love the scene between her and Sam in the office). I also do feel for Mitchell left alone with Landry at the cabin (the bird calling scene is just hilarious).

Sam and Jack

I do love how at home Sam looks in the cabin as though she's a regular visitor. I also like the sly 'king/queen/royal wedding' jibe in the poker game.

An old Sam/Jack TAG of mine to Uninvited: Fishing
                    Thanks for sharing the TAG -it was very enjoyable.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Some of my thoughts on 200

The premise is obviously contrived and I agree with Rachel that I just can’t take it seriously as part of cannon. That’s one reason I prefer WXT, at least it did have an albeit thin plot. Another reason I prefer the 100th episode is that in 200 many of the jokes are the same and they’re getting old—quips about the sexy female alien, DVD sales/ratings, budget problems and bean counters, etc. For me there were too many times when it seems like the writers were sticking it to the network execs and the fans alike. At least WXT had more of a “the jokes on us and the crew” kind of feel.

Sadly, too much of it has gone from a joke to reality. For example, bankruptcy and budget problems deep sixing the movies for good, and SGU being cancelled via Twitter. It all hits a little too close to home.

The sketches:

Meet the Furlings

OK, this one made me laugh. The way they stuck into the “previously on . . .” segment actually caught me off guard.

Mitchell and the Zombies

This wasn’t funny to me because this is how several episodes from season nine went, no satire required. Mitchell runs off half-cocked to fight platoons of Jaffa or Zombie Volnek. If you’re going to mock yourself, make sure the material is distinct enough from the real show that it doesn’t completely undermine the credibility of your characters.

Invisible Jack

Before going into this one they talk about how to deal with the loss of your main character by having other characters refer to him and get him on the phone. I would say the problem with this joke is that there are so many times when the stories actually called for a mention of Jack that wasn’t there it seemed like the PTB were actually trying to forget he ever existed, not keep the character alive. (Of course the most egregious example of this is yet to come, ie Unending.)

The sketch itself was kind of fun. Sam technobabbling to empty air. Teal’c staring stoically. Daniel’s obvious frustration with Jack’s childish antics. Even a mission. It gave me a happy teamy feeling that reminded me of the good ol’ days.

And the shower scene. Would Jack really do that? Maybe. But I’ll bet Sam is the one that came up with the “negative side effects” as revenge. She would so kick his @$$. (And Jack would still be thinking, “Worth it!”

Replicator Miraculous Escape

Not really funny. A little too pointed and on the nose for me; especially when I can point to so many S10 episodes that just end with the team getting beamed to safety or everyone just giving up or a miraculous cure, etc.

Wizard of Oz

It seems absolutely fitting that they would do a scene like this, but having Vala at the center totally ruined it for me. Sam is Dorothy! Moreoever, 99% of the references to this movie came out of Jack’s mouth. So this sketch should have been done with the original team!

Star Trek

It was OK. No offense to BW, but the original plan was to have Paul McGillion play Scotty and that would have just been a hoot.

Younger, Hipper Stargate

I didn’t particularly care for this sketch the first time I saw it, but now that a bad joke has become reality in the form of SGU (complete with main characters breaking the frat regs and others screwing anything that moves) I’m just seriously appalled.

The other thing that burns me about this sketch is the young Mitchell character making out with the young Sam character. Grrrrrrrrr!

Fargate

Only slightly funny because of the BB/MS switch. If they had filmed it as originally planned it would have further emphasized for me that fact that Stargate had really lost all its own originality by this point.

Team Puppets

Meh. It went on too long and all the jokes were done to death.

At this point I also have to say that I’m sad we never got to actually see DSD on camera, just the puppet version.

(I also wish they would have worked some sort of Janet cameo into one of the vignettes. She was so much a part of the show for so long. There must have been a way.)

Teal’c PI

Love it! Can we make that a real show?! Please!

The Wedding

So here we get Jack and Sam in the same room for the first time since the end S8. While there are a couple of cute looks and smiles, it’s still so much less then we deserve. While there was a little slam on we shippers who wanted more with that line about anything after fishing being pointless I think that really turns back onto the PTB. S9 and S10 were all after the fishing and largely, IMO, quite pointless.

The wedding scene is obviously totally over the top so no one will think that it’s real (despite the fact that Sam has a picture of Daniel from that wedding in her office on Atlantis). I personally don’t think Sam would wear a fluffy princess dress. It would be a small family affair. Cassie would be the MoH. (I don’t even think Sam and Vala are friends at this point.) There would definitely be cake.

I also think it is a valid insight into the characters that Jack would still call her Carter and she wouldn’t have a problem with that, but he would insist on her calling him Jack.

To me that look Sam and Jack share after the wedding scene is all the proof I need that they are married. I think everyone in the room knows it at this point except Vala (and Martin).

Gateroom Scene

The whole cake and party waiting on the other side was ridiculous. But don’t Sam and Jack look so comfortable standing next to one another. Just meant to be! And I love seeing the original team all walk through the gate together one more time.

Fake Cast Interviews

I think these went on a little long, and the “Sam” character’s statement that they don’t know what to do with my character was just all too true.

The Asimov quote at the end was wonderful. But honestly I would have loved it is DSD would have been the one on camera to give it, maybe standing in front of the gate with the cast. That would have been the perfect ending.

Comment

I should really be doing homework right now.

(As usual, the summaries for these episodes are taken from the GateWorld Episode Guide.)

by hlndncr

The Jaffa take the fight to the Ori, using a genocidal weapon on their new worshipers and landing SG-1 in the middle of a war they can't control.

by hlndncr

Striken with amnesia and on the run, Vala takes a job as a waitress as she tries to piece together who she is and what happened to her.

by hlndncr

Cameron Mitchell must go undercover inside the deadly Lucian Alliance to prevent his teammates from becoming casualties of an Alliance civil war. While Sam works to save the Odyssey and her crew from a rebel faction who have taken control of the ship in a play to take over the Lucian Alliance.
                        Last edited by hlndncr; 30 May 2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Our topic of discussion this week is The Quest 1 & 2. I’m also including SGA: The Return 1 &2 because they originally aired at the same time and until I realized that I couldn’t imagine why SG-1 would allow Landry to nuke Atlantis with Jack in it and not try to stage a rescue. So in my mind, SG-1 was on their quest when all of that went down and they didn’t learn anything about it until they got back.

by hlndncr

(Summary from GateWorld Episode Guide)

Cameron Mitchell and Teal'c stop by Daniel Jackson's lab to see if he wants to go eat with them. Daniel's research reveals that the coordinates of the planets that King Arthur visited looking for the Sangraal -- Merlin's weapon believed to be capable of killing ascended beings, such as the Ori -- form an equilateral triangle. When the coordinates of the Camelot planet are added, they form a perfect pyramid in space. Jackson is unsure of its meaning, however.

Waking suddenly, Vala Mal Doran races to Jackson's lab. Her dream suggests that Merlin's weapon is on a planet whose address is made up of symbols taken from the addresses of the three planets -- Castiana, Sahal, and Vagonbrei. They take their newfound understanding to Samantha Carter, who initiates a scan of the S.G.C. database of Stargate addresses. Almost immediately, one address only is located.

SG-1 gates to the planet. Encountering a village similar to Camelot, they ask for information. The villagers tell them that they are the second group taking up the quest for the Sangraal. The other, from their description, was Baal and his Jaffa. A villager points them to the library.

Osric, keeper of the archives, says the Sangraal is in a cave beyond the outlying forest, an area enchanted by a terrible curse set by Morgan Le Fay. She left the Parchment of Virtues as a guide for those virtuous knights of noble spirit who demonstrate prudence, charity, kindness, wisdom, and faith.

The Sangraal belongs to "he who speaks the guardian's name." That guardian is a fearsome dragon. Even though they discount the notion of curses and dragons, Osric shows SG-1 the Parchment and tells them about a map. But he refuses to share the map because Baal attempted to steal it.

Discussing their options at the inn, a commotion outside draws their attention. Ori soldiers have arrived, and round up several villagers. Disguised by cloaks, SG-1 watches as the contents of the library are burned. A Prior of the Ori lectures on the path to enlightenment.

SG-1 retreats to the inn. The innkeeper asks how the Ori can be defeated. Carter tells her the one thing that can save them is the Sangraal. Osric seeks refuge at the inn. The map has been burned with the rest of the library, but he knows the location of Merlin's treasure, and he offers to guide SG-1. When soldiers come, the innkeeper shoots one with an arrow and SG-1 kills the rest before escaping through a secret door.

Osric leads them to the woods, where they find several villagers frozen in place. Carter recognizes it as a time distortion field; the people are trapped there, moving so slowly that they seem to be standing still. Locating a maze-like path of real time through the field, Carter guides them until temporal distortions inhibit her sensor device. Using low-tech rocks, she manages to lead them through to the end.

Journeying on, Jackson and Osric discuss the Ori and the supernatural. His words rouse suspicion in Jackson. Before Daniel can question him further, Teal'c alerts them to the presence of Baal. The team rushes into the clearing where the fallen Goa'uld System Lord is casually sitting on a treasure chest, and are trapped with him inside a force field. Another of Morgan Le Fay's obstacles.

While Vala and Jackson examine the chest, Mitchell and Carter play keep-away with an energy bar the hungry Baal wants. Though he's had the S.G.C.'s database for months ("Insiders"), he couldn't reach the planet by ship. Accessing it by Stargate, he has been searching for Merlin's device and has been trapped within the forcefield for three days. Morgan Le Fay's safeguards have also cloaked the planet so the Sangraal could not be destroyed from orbit.

They came through the time distortion field using prudence -- one of the five things legend says those who seek the Sangraal will need -- so the empty chest is logically the part of the quest related to charity. Once everyone places something of their own inside the chest, the field dissolves. Baal is permitted to tag along because he claims to know the name of the dragon, the only way of defeating it.
                          Pausing at the entrance to the caves where Osric believes the Sangraal is hidden, SG-1 confronts him. Daniel was tipped off by Osric's words -- a paraphrase from the Book of Origin -- and the Ori designs on his ring. "Osric" drops his act and his holographic personae, revealing that he is, in fact, Adria -- leader of the Ori invasion force.

Adria influenced Vala's dream to lead SG-1 to this planet. Morgan's safeguards require someone with truth of spirit retrieve the Sangraal. Adria knows that it is the only thing that can stop the Ori, and that she can't obtain it on her own. Once Jackson procures Merlin's weapon, she will take it, and thus, defeat all opposition to the Ori. She threatens to kill SG-1 one by one if Daniel and the others do not cooperate. For now, SG-1 must work with two of their greatest enemies.

Inside the cave, they encounter a plaque on the wall: "Choose the way that is just and true." Teal'c and Carter hear a child's cry. Mitchell runs after the child who becomes trapped behind a heavy gate. When they all attempt to lift the gate, it and the child disappear, revealing, by their kindness, the way forward.

They quickly find a second plaque on the cave wall ahead. "I am struck and cut, shaped and cooled, then bound by rings to release what's stored." The ceiling starts to crumble. The solution, Mitchell says, is a key. Jackson shouts it in Ancient and the path is cleared.

The ceiling continues to dissolve as they reach another plaque. "I shake the earth with booming thunder, fell forest whole and homes complete. I influence ships, topple kings, sweep down swift, yet remain unseen." The wind, Teal'c offers. Again, Jackson translates and the path and next plaque are revealed. "Battle-scarred in times of strife, resistant to ..." Jackson can't read the rest. Adria answers "contasia." Their wisdom stops the ceiling from falling.

Feeling warm, the group next finds a curtain of pure fire. After they stand there stumped for some time, Jackson realizes it is the test of faith -- the only one of the five virtues they haven't yet used on their quest. He steps through the flames, causing it to disappear.

The path leads to a room with a narrow stone bridge over a bottomless void. On the other side is a pedestal with a small, glowing orb. Adria decrees that only she and Jackson will cross.

Jackson knows that because of Morgan Le Fay's Ancient defenses, Adria's powers do not work here, so when they reach the other side he refuses to help her. He tries to grab the orb, but it is a hologram. The way back seals itself, trapping them as a massive dragon swoops in, flames bursting from its mouth!
                          Last edited by hlndncr; 30 May 2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

By hlndncr

(No GateWorld summary on this one for some reason. So this summary is taken from Stargate Wiki.)

Having finally overcome all the obstacles protecting the sangraal, SG-1 and Ba'al are automatically beamed away from the underground cavern at the end of their quest, leaving an infuriated Adria behind. Arriving in a new chamber, they are astonished to discover not the mystical weapon they've been hunting, but rather an old man frozen in a stasis pod. The sangraal was actually destroyed long ago. In its place, however, sleeps the one man who can build a second version of the weapon: Merlin himself.

The team unfreezes Merlin. As they wait for him to awaken, they discover that they were not only transported to a different cavern, but also to a different planet. As an automated security procedure left behind by the Ancient Morgan Le Fay, the Stargate will periodically activate and an obelisk nearby will beam Merlin and his visitors through the 'gate to another world. While this makes the team difficult to trace, it also means that they'll be trapped in this loop of Stargates unless Carter and Ba'al can set aside their mutual dislike and cooperate to override the system's programming. Worse, Adria is already on their trail, working her way painstakingly through the Stargate loop. Soon, she and her army will catch up to SG-1.

After talking to Daniel, Merlin consents to build a new sangraal. Using an Ancient mental interface device, he begins to construct the weapon. Unfortunately, his aged body is too weak to complete the time-consuming task. Strangely, he wishes Daniel luck before he collapses, dead.

Guessing that Merlin uploaded his knowledge of the sangraal into the Ancient interface device seconds before his death, Daniel downloads its contents into his own mind. As he'd hoped, he gains many of Merlin's memories, and he sets to work immediately. Beneath his hands, the sangraal takes shape at last — but Daniel also steadily weakens, battling the unnatural disorientation of having another man's mind imprinted on his own.

Vala is deeply apprehensive about Daniel's self-sacrifice. Sympathetically, Mitchell agrees that the most painful part of belonging to SG-1 is not risking one's own life, but rather watching a friend risk his. Indeed, Daniel's danger will soon grow worse, because Adria is about to arrive. It's going to take all of Daniel's new knowledge — and the last of his strength — to save his teammates from her assault.

Comment

by hlndncr

(From Stargate Wiki)

Part 1:

The first test of the McKay/Carter Intergalactic Gate Bridge is a success, as Col. Sheppard boards a Puddle Jumper in Atlantis and travels an automated network of thirty-four Stargates all the way back to Earth. But McKay, who's observing the test aboard the Daedalus at the network's Midway Space Station, has other concerns: a mysterious ship is racing toward the Daedalus at nearly the speed of light.
                              With Sheppard back on board, the Daedalus races after the alien ship. McKay and Sheppard are thrilled to discover that it's an Aurora-class warship called the Tria with a crew of genuine Ancients. They left the Pegasus galaxy 10,000 years ago, but their hyperdrive gave out on the journey to Earth. Forced to endure the relativistic time-dilation effects of near-lightspeed travel, they've experienced only a few years' time from their perspective.

The Daedalus transports the Ancients back to Atlantis, where their commander, Helia, commends Dr. Weir for taking care of the city. Then Helia suddenly transfers all of the city's systems to her control and orders the humans to leave now that Atlantis's rightful owners have returned. Shocked, Gen. Jack O'Neill and Richard Woolsey travel all the way from Earth to request that Helia reconsider. Although she allows Woolsey to remain as an ambassador, she reiterates that the Atlantis Expedition and their Athosian friends must depart — immediately.

Solemnly, the humans bid farewell to the city that has become their home. Sheppard's team is hit hardest of all, as its four good friends are forced to go their separate ways: Sheppard and McKay return to Earth, while Teyla and Ronon travel to the new Athosian settlement.

Some time later, as McKay, Sheppard, Beckett, and Weir struggle to readjust to life on Earth, O'Neill returns to Atlantis to give Woolsey some diplomatic backup. But while he's there, the Pegasus galaxy replicators attack the city with stunning force, catching the overconfident Ancients by surprise. By the time the news reaches Earth, most of the city has already fallen.

Landry resolutely dispatches the Daedalus with a nuclear bomb to destroy the city rather than let the replicators find their way through the Gate Bridge to Earth. But Weir, Sheppard, McKay, and Beckett have other ideas. Against orders, they secretly gather weapons, circumvent Stargate Command's elaborate security, escape through the Gate Bridge back to the Pegasus galaxy, and seek out Ronon and Teyla. Then, reunited, the team prepares to take back their city.

Part 2:

The rescue mission to Atlantis starts with a bang. With McKay, Ronon, Teyla, Weir and Beckett aboard, Sheppard flies a Puddle Jumper through the Stargate straight into Atlantis's 'gate room. There, McKay drops an explosives package as the ship takes heavy fire from the humanoid Asuran Replicators now holding the city. Sheppard also makes radio contact with Gen. O'Neill and Richard Woolsey, who are hiding in the bowels of Atlantis. Then Sheppard punches the ship through a wall to safety just before the explosives wipe out most of the city's Stargate operations center.

Sheppard flies his team into orbit. They have only a short time to complete their rogue mission before the Daedalus arrives from Earth with official orders to bomb Atlantis into oblivion. After retrieving their old nemesis Niam from where he floats in space, Sheppard's team flies back toward the city, planning to use the dormant Asuran to plant a virus in his fellow Replicators. Unfortunately, the Replicators attack the team's Jumper with drone weapons, driving it to the dubious safety of an underwater Jumper bay.

This water-filled chamber turns into a trap, threatening to drown the leaking Jumper until O'Neill boldly swims to the manual controls and frees the team. The maneuver exposes O'Neill and Woolsey to the Replicators, who seize them and probe their minds. Learning the humans' plan from these probes, the Replicators awaken Niam themselves. Niam attacks, forcing McKay to disintegrate him with an anti-Replicator weapon. The first rescue plan has failed.

After some urgent brainstorming, the team splits into pairs. Sheppard and McKay hurry to O'Neill's and Woolsey's holding cell, where McKay tells the prisoners that the team is going to plant C-4 explosive on all the city's shield emitters, which will destroy the city's shield and ensure that the Daedalus's attack will succeed. Before McKay can free O'Neill and Woolsey, however, Replicators close in on the cell. McKay and Sheppard flee, leaving behind two prisoners who now know the second top-secret plan of the day. If the Replicators probe O'Neill's and Woolsey's minds again, they'll know all about the C-4.

Nonetheless, the pairs of humans sneak through the city, sabotaging the shield emitters. They succeed — barely — but are then immediately captured. Inevitably, their enemies have discovered their plan by probing Woolsey's mind. The Replicators now have good reason to believe that victory is theirs at last. However, when the Replicators go to raise the city’s shields a disrupter wave covers the entire city destroying all the Replicators at once.

With the Replicators destroyed and the Ancients all dead, the Atlantis expedition is given permission to return to the city.

Comment

'Company of Thieves' has the worst piece of dialogue ever:

TENAT Damn you…Cam Mitchell!

I burst out laughing when I first heard it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X