Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    I've been working all weekend on the review for LIFEBOAT and I just want to say how much I admire all you previous reviewers!! It's not very easy!
    Lifeboat is a hard episode anyway. I generally avoid that one

Comment

I've been working all weekend on the review for LIFEBOAT and I just want to say how much I admire all you previous reviewers!! It's not very easy!
      I'm confident you'll do well.

Comment

It's harder than I thought it would be. I developed a healthy respect for the previous reviewers, too!

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        Um--yes. That's one of those that I don't watch, usually. I'll have to, in order to comment this time, but I'm not fond of the "Daniel/Jonas going nuts" episodes. Why, oh why couldn't they all have been about Jack and Sam? **sigh**

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I'm confident you'll do well.
        Yep. Me too.

And --because that's why we do it all, right?
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          It's harder than I thought it would be. I developed a healthy respect for the previous reviewers, too!
          I was the same when I first started doing them but they get easier to do once you remember the point of the exercise is to enjoy yourself. That's why I started writing up my synopsis with a bit of humour.
          So say what you want to say and don't spend ages worrying about it. Face it, if you don't happen to mention something others might see as significant, you can bet someone else will.

Um--yes. That's one of those that I don't watch, usually. I'll have to, in order to comment this time, but I'm not fond of the "Daniel/Jonas going nuts" episodes. Why, oh why couldn't they all have been about Jack and Sam? **sigh**

For me, that's part of the pleasure of rewatches; to see things in episodes that I might not have considered particularly shippy, or to gain insight in general to what motivates these people and how they respond to the situations they are thrust into. I often wait until the review has gone up before I watch because others see things I missed or don't see. Revisions a case in point, since it hardly occurred to me that Jack only tells Sam to be careful and not Daniel and that's (possibly) significant. Heh, it might start getting a tad difficult to play "where's the ship" when we get to Season 9, mind!

Lucycat, I am sure your review will be just fine.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            I was the same when I first started doing them but they get easier to do once you remember the point of the exercise is to enjoy yourself. That's why I started writing up my synopsis with a bit of humour.
            So say what you want to say and don't spend ages worrying about it. Face it, if you don't happen to mention something others might see as significant, you can bet someone else will.

For me, that's part of the pleasure of rewatches; to see things in episodes that I might not have considered particularly shippy, or to gain insight in general to what motivates these people and how they respond to the situations they are thrust into. I often wait until the review has gone up before I watch because others see things I missed or don't see. Revisions a case in point, since it hardly occurred to me that Jack only tells Sam to be careful and not Daniel and that's (possibly) significant. Heh, it might start getting a tad difficult to play "where's the ship" when we get to Season 9, mind!

Lucycat, I am sure your review will be just fine.
            Hmmmm. That's a really good point.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              I heartily agree with the bolded part. (Probably other stuff, too, but especially the bolded part.) And who knows, you may find that you did way better than you thought you would.

Comment

You'll do great. I admit that I still avoid the super shippy episodes because I think they are actually harder to review than the ship-lite eps. (And people have some strong opinions about the big ones like Grace.) So, like Cags, I do like to read the review and then rewatch them. It is harder when you're the one who has to start the ball rolling. But then again, we're pretty much all shippers here; so you are pushing it down a fairly steep hill.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                But there's touching in Lifeboat.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  You'll do great. I admit that I still avoid the super shippy episodes because I think they are actually harder to review than the ship-lite eps. (And people have some strong opinions about the big ones like Grace.) So, like Cags, I do like to read the review and then rewatch them. It is harder when you're the one who has to start the ball rolling. But then again, we're pretty much all shippers here; so you are pushing it down a fairly steep hill.

Okay--can you see I didn't pay attention? I'll HAVE to go back and watch it INTENTLY, now! LOL
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Okay--can you see I didn't pay attention? I'll HAVE to go back and watch it INTENTLY, now! LOL
                    Hahaha! My nefarious plan has worked!

Comment

Well, then, I LIKE nefarious plans!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

I was just feeling grateful for everyone who participates in these discussions and shares their thoughts with all of us on this thread. So I tried to THOUGHTFUL SHIPPY GREEN all of you as my thanks. Of course, GW isn't letting me green everyone. So just know I tried, and I hope I will have many more opportunities to green your thoughtful shippy insights.

Happy Shippy Day!

Comment

I believe I know right where said "touching" is ... but only because you told me not long ago. However, methinks I'll still have to go watch it anyway so I can see for myself.

Comment

I believe I know right where said "touching" is ... but only because you told me not long ago. However, methinks I'll still have to go watch it anyway so I can see for myself.
                            And I'll bet you're not going to tell me so that I have to suffer through--I mean watch--the entire episode just to see it!
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

And I'll bet you're not going to tell me so that I have to suffer through--I mean watch--the entire episode just to see it!
                              Well, you see, if I'm going to watch it, I need some company, so ... nope, not telling! It's not exactly a favorite episode of mine, but I'd watch the whole thing just to get to see Janet really shine in it.

Comment

It's funny you should say that because, generally, so do I. I mean I've given myself Avenger and Inauguration this time. How much ship is there in those? One of them only features them entirely in flashback and the other they're only on the same planet together for about 2 scenes, let alone in the same flipping room! But, oh just you wait, I'll find some ship with my extra strength super dense thick shippy hippy specs on.
                                But generally, I prefer to leave the super ship heavy episodes to those I know will do an awesome job of them, but I also - where no preference is expressed - try and accomodate everyone with at least one episode with at least one well known ship moment in it. Sometimes that's quite hard to do fairly though.

There is? Huh!

Well, you see, if I'm going to watch it, I need some company, so ... nope, not telling! It's not exactly a favorite episode of mine, but I'd watch the whole thing just to get to see Janet really shine in it.
                                Exactly. Worth it for the last decent chance we get to see Janet being awesome. Oops, gettign ahead of myself a bit. Best wait for the review to actually go up later!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X