Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is so much to love.
    Winding up in a missile silo.
    Waiting to be incinerated while Teal'c blithely zaps the missile.
    Daniel responding in Russian that he is not a Russian spy and Jack's response.
    Jack borrowing money from young Hammond, taking it all and zapping him.
    Jack having Carter put out her thumb- he's not sexist just knows the way of the world!?!
    Teal'c stopping the bus, much more efficient.

The Bus - I noticed lots of eyes (eye of Ra) and snake (Goa'uld) motifs. I loved the paint job on the bus!!

And of course the outfits!

There is a better pix where they are all laughing but I can't find it.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I'm for waiting for the fall - summer is getting busy and in places where I also have no computer access.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        There is so much to love.
        Winding up in a missile silo.
        Waiting to be incinerated while Teal'c blithely zaps the missile.
        Daniel responding in Russian that he is not a Russian spy and Jack's response.
        Jack borrowing money from young Hammond, taking it all and zapping him.
        Jack having Carter put out her thumb- he's not sexist just knows the way of the world!?! (Plus, ... in 1969 people were just more willing to stop for a pretty woman looking for a ride ... )
        Teal'c stopping the bus, much more efficient.
        http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0half/bus1.jpg
        The Bus - I noticed lots of eyes (eye of Ra) and snake (Goa'uld) motifs. I loved the paint job on the bus!!
        http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0half/bus2.jpg
        And of course the outfits!

There is a better pix where they are all laughing but I can't find it.
        LIke this (even tho Daniel isn't smiling):

My apologies to whoever made this. I don't remember where I got it or I would have put a note in as to who created it.

Comment

This one?

sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Is Sam eyeing Jack there . . . ?
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
              I'm for waiting for the fall - summer is getting busy and in places where I also have no computer access.
              Frustating, isn't it? And for me it's not just that- I have no DVD player or cell phone access, either. I mean, I'm up for getting away from it all but this is really pushing it since it's for most of the summer!

Watching my DVDs on the computer, I'd never have seen the snake & eye graphics on the bus until you pointed it out. But, even then, I'd say you have a darned good eye! I'd have missed that entirely.

Earlier I was wondering why they named the commander of that base Major Thornbird. Maybe because he was a pain in the mik'ta as well as an airman?

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              Out of Mind
              I love that Jack is suspicious. He just won't accept the story he's been given. And I love that he's so pleased to find Carter (love that the Message in a bottle stuff flashes up when Sam says she thought he was dead). They do touch without thinking or restraint. I do believe they know at this point individually that they care about the other more than they should but both are completely oblivious to the other's feelings and more are assured the other doesn't know about their own so there is no tension in simply touching (or looking).
              I like the way you put that, I guess that's one of many examples why this ship hooked me- the way it evolved seems real. I also liked that flashback to MiaB- the flashback actually makes that episode look shippier than it really was!
              Last edited by VSS; 14 July 2009, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Just popping in to comment on a couple of things, hope nobody minds

Quoting VSS

I don’t suppose hippies and bikers normally would hang out together much!
                Actually yes, we did

Back in the 60s/70s there was a lot of crossover between hippies and bikers. Both factions were lovers of freedom and the open road kind of life, and both shared a fierce loyalty to their buddies. A biker or hippie friend was a friend for life, and heaven help anyone who messed with their friends

On the subject of the eye injury, the way I remember it is that it wasn't an actual injury that RDA suffered. He spent the rest of his SG life having part of his eyebrow shaved in order to keep the continuity of the scar that 'Jack' had from the 1969 injury

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  On the subject of the eye injury, the way I remember it is that it wasn't an actual injury that RDA suffered. He spent the rest of his SG life having part of his eyebrow shaved in order to keep the continuity of the scar that 'Jack' had from the 1969 injury
                  Remind me how he got that scar again... :: is trying to remember all the events of the episode ::

Hm. Interesting to have your eyebrow shaven... they probably could have just let it grow over and no one would have been the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                    Remind me how he got that scar again... :: is trying to remember all the events of the episode ::

Hm. Interesting to have your eyebrow shaven... they probably could have just let it grow over and no one would have been the wiser.
                    I'm sure RDA said that the reason for keeping the scar is because he felt it was ridiculous that in all these shows your heroes get so beat up and then the next week there is no evidence of it - they never gain any scars. So they decided to give Jack one.
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      I'm sure RDA said that the reason for keeping the scar is because he felt it was ridiculous that in all these shows your heroes get so beat up and then the next week there is no evidence of it - they never gain any scars. So they decided to give Jack one.
                      But it's such a little one compared to all the rather horrific injuries most or all of the main cast members have sustained throughout the series, and yet none of them have any scars.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        But it's such a little one compared to all the rather horrific injuries most or all of the main cast members have sustained throughout the series, and yet none of them have any scars.
                        True But that's the reason, according to RDA (scroll down to the quotes section - it's the top one )
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Many of the scars the characters receive during the series are emotional . . . harder to see and FAR more angsty.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Many of the scars the characters receive during the series are emotional . . . harder to see and FAR more angsty.
                            Oh, I definitely agree with the emotional scars stuff. I was thinking, though, of all the injuries Teal'c sustained, especially after he lost his symbiote and it was no longer available to heal all the injuries he endured. Not a scar or scratch on him. And then there were Sam's injuries in Death Knell that left no scars[/I], and her staff blast injury in Line in the Sand, that should have left quite a scar. Yet there was none when she wore that lovely, but nearly backless black dress in The Road Not Taken. However, I'm quite happy our heroes don't have scars, in spite of how unrealistic it is.

Comment

Popping in to weigh in quickly on the 1969 discussion (since it's on Syfy at the moment). One thing that has bothered me and in watching it again, I'm still bothered-when the second truck pulls up and the airmen see their counterparts on the ground, they just jump out of the truck and go barging into the situation without even taking any security precautions!

And boy are they taking the convoluted route to NY! Not direct at all! LOL

Popping out!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I watched 1969 this afternoon when I got home from work...and I was grinning throughout the entire episode. What a great ep! Classic SG-1. And Alex Zahara--LOL! Plus, I love the guy who plays the young Hammond. He did another ep later on...Lockdown, I think...in Season 8.

Meanwhile...I'm here to spread the word...and please feel free to snurch and use jasmina's great sig and avatar!

Mark your calendars!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X