Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PJ vs Staff blasts (possible later S8/SGA spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooper
    Jack didn't know the Jumper had a cloak, so he didn't try activate it until Daniel told him it had a cloak. Perhaps he didn't know it had a shield either, and so couldn't activate it. And just because it's a window, doesn't mean it's made out of glass - it could be made from some other sort of stronger transparent material.

There's no physical window there, it's a shield... The ancients seem to use shields for everything, prisons, windows and probably cups and dishes... They were shield crazed... Anyway, I always thought that the death squids had to be made some how... Are they able to be made at the outpost and the puddle jumpers are stuck being stocked up on death squids at bases and so on? Makes you sorta wish for some energy based weapons on the ships as well... Anyway, the material seems pretty tough without the shields and if the ancients did put shields on the PJs they'd probably rock... They were the experts after all.

Anyway, they may not have the shields after all since they seem like the weapons systems are a second thought cause the things (like I've said before) are built more like pop cans with engines... Not a bad thing really, the ships are still very effective at everything they do.

Comment

One thing I noted about the 'Wraith vs. Goa'uld' tech debate is type of fire power.

GOA'ULD: Hatak Mothership attacks with a pulse-bomb like weapon.
      WRAITH: The Hive ship attacked the satellite with a beam like weapon.

We've already assumed that the Wraith firepower is stronger than that of the Goa'uld.
      (Wraith could damage the Ancients, which are stronger than the Asgard, which can withstand Goa'uld damage).

The advantage of Bomb-Pulse weapons are that if you miss, you have other 'pulses' that can target and hit, while the beam of evilness would seem ineffective against manuverable vessals.

Just a note.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
        One thing I noted about the 'Wraith vs. Goa'uld' tech debate is type of fire power.

GOA'ULD: Hatak Mothership attacks with a pulse-bomb like weapon.
        WRAITH: The Hive ship attacked the satellite with a beam like weapon.

We've already assumed that the Wraith firepower is stronger than that of the Goa'uld.
        (Wraith could damage the Ancients, which are stronger than the Asgard, which can withstand Goa'uld damage).

The advantage of Bomb-Pulse weapons are that if you miss, you have other 'pulses' that can target and hit, while the beam of evilness would seem ineffective against manuverable vessals.

Just a note.

Dart fire's 1 salvo at PJ, PJ goes boom, Gliders fire at PJ and scratches it. As i remember the Wraith ship had machinegun like weapons... just like darts! Maybe i'm wrong... the ancient satelite had beam weapon.
        Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by @Li3n
          Dart fire's 1 salvo at PJ, PJ goes boom, Gliders fire at PJ and scratches it. As i remember the Wraith ship had machinegun like weapons... just like darts! Maybe i'm wrong... the ancient satelite had beam weapon.
          The Hive ships did have pulse weapons.

And Teal'c was able to blow up an Al'kesh with a single shot from a glider cannon... an Al'kesh

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            The Hive ships did have pulse weapons.

And Teal'c was able to blow up an Al'kesh with a single shot from a glider cannon... an Al'kesh
            So? 1 PJ took out a Hatak mothership with one drone (the shield weren't up though). The "death squid" drone rules.

Comment

i dunno...i think the PJ's does have some sort of ultra tough window screen, n no shield, cos if u think about it, what about when the PJ's are deactivated, the shield cant b up then can it, and even if it was then it would drain its power supply, i mean maybe the ones in atlantis were drawing the energy from the city its self (somehow) but wot about the one from IGTBK?

ive not seen the PJ's go to hyperspace, so maybe if they cant, it really is a window and not a shield of some sort, cos when u think about it all the PJ's are made to go through the gate, and dont u think that maybe after they found the jumper bay in atlantis and tested out the PJ's maybe shephard tried to turn on some sort of shield but nothing happened...cos i mean if he didnt...stoopid lol

i was a bit surprised actually that jack didnt think...weapons..... when he was fighting the death gilders......

Comment

My 2 cents:

The ancients were overconfident. they didnt build the jumpers with battle in mind. they may seems like super cool action ships to humans, but to them, they were AMC Pacers. A way to get from point A to point B. they had a few drones just in case, and a Personal sheild to prevent someone from looting them when they were parked. There might be more to them we havnet figured out yet, we'll see. and as for "There is no translucent material that can stand..." what Teal'c said in season 1. THAT WAS SEASON 1. back then they got GDO signals before the gate even opened. The rings would pop out of the ground and the seem to warp out.... shall i go on. But for those who try to find the way out of plot holes, lets just assume Teal'c was wrong. He was wrong about the speed of the ship, why not the science he knew nothing about too.

-GH

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

How come in Mobius Pt 2when the Jaffa fired at the Jumper it actually did some slight damage and made nice black marks on the back of it. Surely they must do some damage.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Just a quick note, Goul'd vs Goul'd seems to be highly effective. You'd have thought they would make their crafts more resistant to each other since they're always blooming fighting!
                    Also, what happens to a PJ once it's used it's squid? Does it make a new one or does it become useless in a fight?
                    WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                      Also, what happens to a PJ once it's used it's squid? Does it make a new one or does it become useless in a fight?
                      Hopefully in s2 we will find out. So far It doesn't seem 2 in SGA, but in Moebius i don't remember them using squids.

Comment

puddlejumpers do not look anything like something made for battle, it's just that they have the GJOD that means they can be selfdefence if needed. The wraith ships seem to have a "scatter laser" or "pulse laser" type of weapon, like the rail gun, but energy.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Working...
                        X