This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but as it says on the actual GateWorld announcements, BB's character got to choose what team or whatever he wants to be on, but it never said he got to choose a COMMAND. It's never actually been said that he's going to command, just that he's going to be on Sg-1. This may or may not change any of the speculations, but i'm just saying.
    I believe that you are correct. Hopefully BB's character won't be in command of SG-1 once AT returns...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      Correct me if i'm wrong, but as it says on the actual GateWorld announcements, BB's character got to choose what team or whatever he wants to be on, but it never said he got to choose a COMMAND. It's never actually been said that he's going to command, just that he's going to be on Sg-1. This may or may not change any of the speculations, but i'm just saying.
      So why didn't they make BB's character a Major?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        So why didn't they make BB's character a Major?

Just to freak us out?

Comment

Because *someone* will have to command SG-1 while Sam's away. And it being the premier team it's a job for a colonel.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Because *someone* will have to command SG-1 while Sam's away. And it being the premier team it's a job for a colonel.
            I think they could have had BB as a Major for the first few episodes... It wouldn't have killed SG-1 to be lead by a Major for a short period of time. But that's just my opinion...

BTW: Like your location 'Walking on Sunshine'

Comment

Whatever happene thye had better give command back to carter ........ or I'll be MAD
              " You can not gain anything without first giving something in exchange

Ed- Full Metal Alchemist

Comment

I hope that Sam is still in command of SG 1 when AT comes back.
                But it wouldn´t surprising me if Ben Bowder´s character would be the new CO.I have the strange feeling that the writers think that the audience WANTS a man for this job.
                And if Ben Bowder will (and I believe that he will) replace RDA as the new name over the titel than it´s IMO sure that he will play the new CO, too.
                But I would like it much more if Sam would still be the team leader.

Comment

it's very possible that they think that way

it's also possible that anything negative is a way of expressing any discontent with amanda daring to get pregnant and complicateing things.

like she once said in an article, when the guys have children, they go off for a couple of days and come back to hearty congratulations. but when the lead actress gets pregnant, they have to deal with her body changes and personal issues.

the boys, who have become fathers during the run of the show, it doesn't have much of an effect (other than rda's request for more time off) but the rules are different when the female is involved.

here's hoping that skiffy and mgm aren't that childish and petty....although given how they've acted in recent months, i wouldn't put it past them
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    it's very possible that they think that way

it's also possible that anything negative is a way of expressing any discontent with amanda daring to get pregnant and complicateing things.

like she once said in an article, when the guys have children, they go off for a couple of days and come back to hearty congratulations. but when the lead actress gets pregnant, they have to deal with her body changes and personal issues.

the boys, who have become fathers during the run of the show, it doesn't have much of an effect (other than rda's request for more time off) but the rules are different when the female is involved.

here's hoping that skiffy and mgm aren't that childish and petty....although given how they've acted in recent months, i wouldn't put it past them

Once it had become known that there would be a s9 i'd like to think that Amanda would have had
                    some sort of knowlage of what was in store for
                    Sam and if she felt she was being side lined would she so readily sighned on for s9?
                    Maybe tptb are going to take Sam in a differant
                    direction as tptb must have known forsome time that Amanda is pregnant and could'nt go leaping
                    about to much, also she has said that tptb have
                    been very good to her so i'd like to think that
                    would continue for her, and who knows she may have them all lining up to do baby sitting for her wile she is filming!
                    ......TARA......

Comment

i have no doubt that the folks at bridge will be nothing but supportive. given that she's miscarried twice, someone had to have known aobut that, and i would imagine that she told the writers/producers that she and alan were trying to conceive.

but while the folks at bridge may be nothing but kind and supportive, teh folks pulling the strings are mgm and scifi....and i have yet to hear of them being kind compassionate souls
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i have no doubt that the folks at bridge will be nothing but supportive. given that she's miscarried twice, someone had to have known aobut that, and i would imagine that she told the writers/producers that she and alan were trying to conceive.

but while the folks at bridge may be nothing but kind and supportive, teh folks pulling the strings are mgm and scifi....and i have yet to hear of them being kind compassionate souls

Ahh good point, i only thought as far as tptb on site not MGM and SCIFI
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended_Asgard
                          Whatever happene thye had better give command back to carter ........ or I'll be MAD
                          Me too. I think Carter deserves to be in command when AT comes back. I believe that AT mentioned in an interview (I think Dreamwatch?) that she hoped that Carter would get to lead more in Season Nine. The writers have not given her an opportunity to really lead yet (just a little bit here and there), and that seems may be true for all of Season Eight. I can live with that as long as they write some stories in Season Nine that revolve around Carter's leadership (in a positive and challenging way).

Comment

Hear Hear!!!

Comment

ok someone may have said this, but im too lazy to read through all the posts. anyway, r we forgetting that jack still is in control of the SGC and the chance of him giving carter the no. 2 spot is slim.

Spoiler:
                              supposedly, BB's character was in command of the F-302 squadron that fought anubis over antartica, he was injured in the battle or something

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Carter should not command SG-1?

Someone said earlier that Carter has saved the world many times over and been with SG-1 for so long, so she deserves to be the CO. Well, it doesn't work that way in the Military. You don't get the job because you've been doing it for longer than the guy next to you. You get it because you kissed enough butt to get it...or you are more qualified for the position.

Sam is a great leader but she still has a lot to learn about making the really tough choices. Jack constantly proved he could do the job but Carter sometimes swayed me the wrong way with her morality and her crying. "Crying?! There is no crying in the Air Force!" (Actual quote from TSGT Seargent. I swear to god that's his name.)

She would make an excellent leader for a technical/scientific team, but not for the premier SG unit that sees combat on a regular basis.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Working...
                                X