No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just to get this right we have a power source that makes more then our current Nuclear World Output for a single fighter and we can't have a shield generator on this said fighter? I mean how much does the engines and everything else really take up?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Well you've seen the size of a naquadah generator in stargate or do you mean how much energy do they use up?

Comment

I have seen them, they don't seem that big to me unless we are thinking of different generators
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Nope, we are thinking of the same generator.

Comment

So whats the problem with having a generator that puts out 2.75 TW's having a shield?
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

That's not the problem, it's fitting it on the fighter.

Comment

Well we could make our fighter just a tiny bit longer to store it couldn't we?
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Well are we really going to have fighters the same size as a tel'tak otherwise, how are we going to make a shield to fit on a fighter?

Comment

Well does it have to be that long? Why not add a few meters here and there to the fighter and sure its a slightly bigger target but it has a shield to compensate

I mean how big is our shield generator for our fighter?
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I had an idea of using a gaould personal shield and it's powered by the generator. But whether the personal shield could take that much energy.

Comment

Well if we worked that system into a puddle jumper like shield generator then maybe it could work
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          Alright if someone does answer my question then we can go somewhere in this debate and if not then please stop fighting about this and just vote on what you believe is the best fighter instead of just tearing each others hard work down as everyone worked hard on these

and does someone have the current voting list or what page is it on?
                          Fugi here is where the list and votes endedhttp://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11684297 and below you'll see where it was questioned and another post after Jackclone showed where the final votes came in. And as I said earlier, we should be, rather than have this competition between one another, work together on coming up with ship specs and stop all this infighting, it only causes resentment. Let's just take it as a lesson learnt, have a look at the specs of the final selection as see how it can be improved.
                          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

The thing is even at full output, the generator would only pump 650 tons/sec of power into the shield (that's at 100% efficiency). So it's almost worthless, it'll be better to put research into hull armour and increasing the resistance of the hull.

Comment

Where did 650 ton/sec come from?

EDIT: Try to explain things to me instead of just giving numbers I'm that smart when it comes to this stuff
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Right 2.75 TW is 2.75 trillion joules per second. 1 ton = 4.12 billion joules (1 ton = 1 ton of TNT), so 2.75 trillion divided by 4.12 billion is approximately 650 Tons of TNT, since that is per second, the power for the shield would be 650 tons per second (assuming 100% transfer of energy).

Comment

Working...
                                X